Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2024 9:33:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dan_h]
Just curious if anyone's had any experience with their MLOK Rails...i couldn't find any feedback via the search function.

I'm having a difficult time finding a decent 13" MLOK hand guard rail anywhere (BCM was my original choice, but theirs is OOS and they have no idea when it will be back in stock) so I'm eyeing the one from Griffin Armament. I do like that it has a stainless steel barrel nut.

Thx

dh
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:42:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Luny421] [#1]
Here’s the 12.5” on a 14.5” 6.5G

You’ll notice the set screw at 3:00 below the logo. Mine came with that threaded hole and a set screw but nothing telling me what it was. And it’s not mentioned on their site or in product photos. I reached out and was told that the set screw sits in one of the grooves on the barrel nut and prevents forward movement.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Luny421:
Here’s the 13” on a 14.5” 6.5G

You’ll notice the set screw at 3:00 below the logo. Mine came with that threaded hole and a set screw but nothing telling me what it was. And it’s not mentioned on their site or in product photos. I reached out and was told that the set screw sits in one of the grooves on the barrel nut and prevents forward movement.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/228546/IMG_7065_jpeg-3174428.JPG
View Quote

THANK YOU for taking the time to post a pic (and to provide insight for the barrel nut set screw!)...it looks great on your rig!

Regards

dh
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 6:36:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brokesoldier] [#3]
The Griffin LOW-PRO-RIGID M-LOK RAIL's are good to go. Great fit, feel and quality all around.

I have the 13.5 on my 14.5 with pinned/welded Surefire. and have no issues with it. Just ordered a 9.5" for a pistol build.

Link Posted: 4/4/2024 7:28:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By brokesoldier:
The Griffin LOW-PRO-RIGID M-LOK RAIL's are good to go. Great fit, feel and quality all around.

I have the 13.5 on my 14.5 with pinned/welded Surefire. and have no issues with it. Just ordered a 9.5" for a pistol build.

https://i.imgur.com/Ji95r3A.jpeg
https://i.imgur.com/BhnnZtR.jpeg
View Quote

Curious how old your rail is. I notice it doesn’t have the set screw at 3:00 like mine does (mine was ordered Nov 2022). When I inquired as to what the set screw was for I was told it was a recent feature update.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Luny421:

Curious how old your rail is. I notice it doesn’t have the set screw at 3:00 like mine does (mine was ordered Nov 2022). When I inquired as to what the set screw was for I was told it was a recent feature update.
View Quote

I ordered in May of 2022.
Link Posted: 4/7/2024 10:56:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one of their lo pro rails on my 300blk SBR and I really like it.  I got in on a sale they had last year at like half off.  I would definitely buy another if I was in the market for a rail like that.  I have had mine off and on several times messing with the gas block settings and getting that dialed in which wore the torx screws down a little.  I contacted them asking about buying a replacement set and they just sent me a whole new bag of them for free.  Fantastic customer service IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top