Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/17/2024 2:18:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mtomso7464]
Just in case some of you are waiting on them.  Blems however
.https://palmettostatearmory.com/harrington-richardson-retro-m16a1-upper-receiver-gray-blem.html

Just picked one up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Non blem grey with FA are also up.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 2:40:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By mtomso7464:
Just in case some of you are waiting on them.  Blems however.
View Quote

In stock where
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 4:07:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Manticore_Arms] [#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NoMoAMMO:

In stock where
View Quote

Indeed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL forgot this was the retro build not the industry page.  PSA.
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 10:29:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I’ve been waiting for what seems like forever for them to get some 635 SMG gray uppers. I have a spare A1 gray upper and I may go ahead and build it with that one for now
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:48:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Paradude54:
I’ve been waiting for what seems like forever for them to get some 635 SMG gray uppers. I have a spare A1 gray upper and I may go ahead and build it with that one for now
View Quote

Been missing out on a gray slickside for about 2 years running now.  Pretty much gave up at this point and just going to build my 633 in black after having found some pics of extremely dark anodizing on a transferable original one's upper and lower.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 12:20:24 PM EDT
[#8]
You can always paint it and bake it with Norells Moly Resin. That's what I ended up doing on my GAU-5/P. I did some FDE uppers and lowers too.

Air brush from Amazon, and baked it in the kitchen oven when the wife was at work.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By tstetz:
You can always paint it and bake it with Norells Moly Resin. That's what I ended up doing on my GAU-5/P. I did some FDE uppers and lowers too.

Air brush from Amazon, and baked it in the kitchen oven when the wife was at work.
View Quote

I have not yet become that brave.
I did pick up an A1 upper that was painted off the EE since I have not been able to get a new one from H&R yet and I really want to get my A1 build together. When an H&R comes up I'll switch it out, and probably start another A1 or E1 build. The spray job on it is very close to the gray lowers from H&R, and it looks damn good.
Link Posted: 3/14/2024 7:15:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By m24shooter:

I have not yet become that brave.
I did pick up an A1 upper that was painted off the EE since I have not been able to get a new one from H&R yet and I really want to get my A1 build together. When an H&R comes up I'll switch it out, and probably start another A1 or E1 build. The spray job on it is very close to the gray lowers from H&R, and it looks damn good.
View Quote

I was very hesitant at first too. I practiced on an modern upper and flattop lower that I did in FDE first. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it might be.

I have some stuff on deck to paint again soon. I actually bought a big tabletop convection oven to leave in the garage so my wife doesn't yell at me for using the kitchen oven.

Link Posted: 3/14/2024 8:07:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paradude54] [#11]
I’m seriously OCD, or ADHD, or something with initials that psychologists love, but in my new shop I’ll have a full size oven on a dedicated 220 circuit just for baking finishes. 1440 square feet and the breaker panel is almost filled.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 4:17:29 AM EDT
[#12]
THIS is what I got, although it was only $120 just a few weeks ago!

It has bars inside, or you can place the rack at the very top, so you can hang things on wires. It'll hold two uppers or lowers at at a time easy, probably 4 if you squeeze. Handguards might be a stretch.

I've only done one lower so far but have an upper and another lower to do after vacation.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 11:54:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Paradude54] [#13]

It has bars inside, or you can place the rack at the very top, so you can hang things on wires. It'll hold two uppers or lowers at at a time easy, probably 4 if you squeeze. Handguards might be a stretch.

I've only done one lower so far but have an upper and another lower to do after vacation.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42803/20240301_190257_jpg-3159387.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42803/20240304_193750_jpg-3159388.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/42803/20240304_201150_jpg-3159389.JPG
View Quote

NICE!!!  I should probably go with something like that until I decide whether or not I want to get an FFL and go into business. It makes a lot more sense.

Where did you find it? Never mind, I should have clicked that big red text before asking.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

Are you happy with it?  How well does it get up to and hold temp?
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

XCOM? Certified hood classic.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:34:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By LongTrang:

Are you happy with it?  How well does it get up to and hold temp?
View Quote

Seems to be doing well. I have a separate oven thermometer I put inside to monitor temp. I set it about 325 to hold around 300, but that's not much different than my kitchen oven. For moly resin its an hour bake time and I try and check a couple times during the process to make sure I'm maintaining temp.

I've done two lowers and an upper so far.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By A1Oni:

XCOM? Certified hood classic.
View Quote

Almost done with my build. I'll post pics eventually but only video game nerds will appreciate it, lol.
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#18]

Seems to be doing well. I have a separate oven thermometer I put inside to monitor temp. I set it about 325 to hold around 300, but that's not much different than my kitchen oven. For moly resin its an hour bake time and I try and check a couple times during the process to make sure I'm maintaining temp.

I've done two lowers and an upper so far.
View Quote

Copy.  Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 2:33:54 PM EDT
[#19]
back in stock
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 3:10:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks, but I’m getting a little annoyed with PSA. Mike promised back in January that they would have gray, stripped, 9mm uppers in stock in “a couple of weeks” and they haven’t stocked a single one since then.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks, but I’m getting a little annoyed with PSA. Mike promised back in January that they would have gray, stripped, 9mm uppers in stock in “a couple of weeks” and they haven’t stocked a single one since then.
View Quote

It can be frustrating.  Now that my a1 is done I am having withdrawls.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:00:37 PM EDT
[#22]
in stock again
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 9:15:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks, but as always PSA is remiss in 9mm gray, stripped uppers as they have been for pretty much all year so far.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 8:39:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks, but as always PSA is remiss in 9mm gray, stripped uppers as they have been for pretty much all year so far.
View Quote

Why do you have to complain when I post this?  I am sure he is trying but business is business.  If he makes more profit selling complete uppers so be it.  Where would you have found one of these 2 years ago??  He has put out more items than we have seen in years. Buy a complete upper if you can't wait.  It took me 1.5 years to get my parts together.  Anticipation is sweet.  Now I am bored since I am not checking every few hours to see if things are in stock.  
I would imagine Mike won't even respond to "timeline" questions anymore.
Link Posted: 4/4/2024 9:56:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Paradude54] [#25]

Why do you have to complain when I post this?  I am sure he is trying but business is business.  If he makes more profit selling complete uppers so be it.  Where would you have found one of these 2 years ago??  He has put out more items than we have seen in years. Buy a complete upper if you can't wait.  It took me 1.5 years to get my parts together.  Anticipation is sweet.  Now I am bored since I am not checking every few hours to see if things are in stock.  
I would imagine Mike won't even respond to "timeline" questions anymore.
View Quote

So stating a fact is now a complaint?!  

I’m sorry that you feel that way, please re-read what I wrote. If you still see it as a compliant, well, I can’t change that. You do you boo.
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

Humm, sounds like you are complaining, or should I call it whining? Well that is just my take on it.  Have a nice day "boo"!
Link Posted: 4/5/2024 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#27]

Humm, sounds like you are complaining, or should I call it whining? Well that is just my take on it.  Have a nice day "boo"!
View Quote

I’m not sure why you seem to get such great joy out of insulting me, but I have pretty thick skin so have at it. I dealt with Mike when he had Nodak Spud and I’ve dealt with him through H&R, I’ve got no issues with him, nice guy.

As for my reference to boo, it’s not an insult, it’s a saying, kind of like “you do your thing, I’ll do mine”, only more poetic in nature.

Now, since this is part of the retro forum can we get back to retro arms, with your permission of course since you’re the OP of this thread.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top