BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2024 8:41:59 PM EDT
Reference: Nightforce NXS 2.5-10 x 24 - epay #1

Nightforce NXS Rifle Scope 2.5-10x24 - epay #2

Neither of these are mine. If I remember correctly they were around $1000 new back in the day. Are these Gen 1 USA made NF scopes really rare and valuable? If so why?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#1]
They don’t make them anymore. So they are more valuable.
I purchased one recently that was a remake of the original run. $1800 and worth every penny.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:59:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: outlaw222] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ark-and-spark:
They don’t make them anymore. So they are more valuable.
I purchased one recently that was a remake of the original run. $1800 and worth every penny.
View Quote

What would be a fair price for an original first run?
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 9:59:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I sold one for approximately 3x what I paid for it new after lightly using it for years. Was in excellent+ shape with all box and papers.  My sale was a year or two before the re-release.

The cloners still go bonkers for them.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
ARFCOM injects the aids into links so I didn't click on yours.

A NXS 2.5-10x24 with zero stop ran about $1360 new.

They are wonderfully compact and light scopes.  You could use one and have a MRDS on it for about the same weight as a Elcan Specter DR.
Very tight and unforgiving eye box, but if you are used to a 4x ACOG, you can handle this scope.

Because they were used by various military units, most notably the SEALs, on a variety of guns they are also desired by collectors.  There are also ARMY, RECON, and NAV-SPEC contact overrun models out there that will also demand a premium.

I don't really think they are rare, if you want one, there are plenty to be found.  But you are going to pay a premium because there is more demand that supply.

I've seen them sell for up to $3000.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 11:12:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Market price seems to range from $2k-$3k for most.  If they are a MILSPEC or rarer clone config, they can be listed for more.  

The second listing with the FC-2 is pretty rare, and good for an M14 EBR clone.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top