Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/24/2024 3:57:05 PM EDT
I just put the HBPDW brace on it to finish it off. I love the look and feel all around. I goal here was to make almost the shortest pistol I could for traveling.
The only thing that is going to change is that hand stop. It needs to either be moved or removed. Not sure yet but it’s not quite working in the current location.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:37:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm a huge fan of the HB PDW brace. That build looks great!
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 4:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Good job 👍👏👍
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Love it!  Looks great.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:10:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks awesome
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks fellers
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm sorry if I missed it but is your build 5.56 or 300 BLK. The reason I ask is i've been told that 5.56 isn't to good out of a barrel less than 10".
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 6:11:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Try turning the hand stop the other way around.
But on that short handguard I'd be looking at a tomb stone.
Does the gas block cover any of the slots?
I'm having trouble finding the perfect hand stop for my SBR because one of the slots is blocked.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:02:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TUFBOY:
I'm sorry if I missed it but is your build 5.56 or 300 BLK. The reason I ask is i've been told that 5.56 isn't to good out of a barrel less than 10".
View Quote

5.56. Yeah the internet will tell you 5.56 is worthless out of any bbl under 10. In my real world range testing this is false. I have seen a good amount of damage on things after being hit with 55g and 62g FMJ rounds.

I 100% would not want to be shot with this.

With that being said. I do keep a few mags loaded with some kind of Hornady self defense round. I forgot what exactly it is but it’s much better than regular FMJ.

This argument is similar to people to who CCW a pistol. Who the fuck would carry some cheap 9mm FMJ in their carry gun? Nobody. Anyone with half a brain would carry with a good quality hollow point round.
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:06:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stryfe:
Try turning the hand stop the other way around.
But on that short handguard I'd be looking at a tomb stone.
Does the gas block cover any of the slots?
I'm having trouble finding the perfect hand stop for my SBR because one of the slots is blocked.
View Quote

Thanks. I will check out the tomb stone. I still haven’t messed with the hand stop yet and I don’t think any of the slots are blocked by the gas block…but I will check later this afternoon and update.
This rail has a small pic rail that hangs down a little bit…so I really don’t think the locking screw on the hand stop actually even goes into the main interior area of the rail. I will double check for ya though
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 10:05:26 AM EDT
[#11]
I like it  👍🏻
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Looks good. I had a SB PDW brace, but removed it as it was too heavy IMO. Not sure what yours weighs
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top