Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 27 of 45)
Page / 45
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:07:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MDStroup:
For anyone thinking about the AR Stoner side charging upper, or just a side charging upper to begin with, the Bear Creek arsenal side charging upper looks to be the AR Stoner side charging upper rebranded. But it is on sale for $160

Bear Creek arsenal side charging upper for sale

Side charging upper without the bolt is only $70

Stripped side charging upper
View Quote
So, you need to have your bolt carrier milled out for the handle? I don't know of anyone that can do that properly in New Jersistan. And FightLight doesn't sell just a bolt carrier that I'm aware of to buy as a spare just in case.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:51:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

So, you need to have your bolt carrier milled out for the handle? I don't know of anyone that can do that properly in New Jersistan. And FightLight doesn't sell just a bolt carrier that I'm aware of to buy as a spare just in case.
View Quote
It's a pretty simple mod. If I can do it anyone can. I put some pics up a few pages back on how to do it. Easy drill and tap.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 12:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
For anyone thinking about the AR Stoner side charging upper, or just a side charging upper to begin with, the Bear Creek arsenal side charging upper looks to be the AR Stoner side charging upper rebranded. But it is on sale for $160

Bear Creek arsenal side charging upper for sale

Side charging upper without the bolt is only $70

Stripped side charging upper
Correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt the bolt carrier come with the SCR lower? All you would have to do, if you buy the stripped upper, is drill and tap a hole for the handle in the SCR's bolt carrier. Someone a few pages back did that in their mill. I would ask if them wouldnt mind doing it for a nice fee, or go to a machine shop and have them drill and tap the SCR bolt for the handle.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Andromax:

It's a pretty simple mod. If I can do it anyone can. I put some pics up a few pages back on how to do it. Easy drill and tap.
View Quote
I remember seeing that post.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:01:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Someone a few pages back did that in their mill. I would ask if them wouldnt mind doing it for a nice fee, or go to a machine shop and have them drill and tap the SCR bolt for the handle.
View Quote
It was on a drill press. Hand tap. It's so easy.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 1:05:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks really good.
Got any more info on the front sight?
Did you make the base yourself?
How'd you end up securing it?
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:26:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#8]
My SCR MC lower came in last week and I finally had a chance to go upstate to pick it up and play with it a bit before storing it.

My first impressions are that is well made and a solid offering, but it, as delivered, is not nearly as ergonomic as an AR. The safety is impossible to activate without coming off the trigger and even harder to reapply. The trigger is nice, light and crisp, but the reset is very different from an AR reset, being much softer and less distinct. The mag release is at least two inches from the tip of my extended finger when I have a firing grip. The lack of bolt catch is annoying.

That being said, these are all known issues with workarounds and I now have a fifty state legal semi auto. I didn't have a chance to get to the range, but I paired the lower with my featureless 6.5 Grendel build and it seems to function perfectly. I'll need to re-zero and re-position my scope (SS X10 in a vortex cantilevered mount), but I think the scope height will still allow for a good and natural cheek weld. Best of all, my MAS side charger upper works perfectly with the Ares bolt carrier with no milling required! The forward assist does nothing, but the left hand side charger cycles the bolt beautifully.

I'll try to add some pictures and more detail when I get upstate again, hopefully paired with a range report.

TL/DR Great lower with some ergonomic issues to be addressed with aftermarket add ons.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone else have problems with the upper sitting to the right looking down range? I have tried three different uppers all from different manufactures but for $600 bucks I was told it was because I didn't use their "mil-spec' upper and that the lower was cut "mil-spec" even thought the curve of the lower doesn't match the contour of any of these uppers. Pretty frustrating to drop that kind of cash and basically be told to buy more from them. Its pretty clear that their profile doesn't match most uppers but to not include a part like is bolt catch and then blow me off as its something I'm doing isnt cool...
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 7:38:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#10]
Originally Posted By Sancosys:
Anyone else have problems with the upper sitting to the right looking down range? I have tried three different uppers all from different manufactures but for $600 bucks I was told it was because I didn't use their "mil-spec' upper and that the lower was cut "mil-spec" even thought the curve of the lower doesn't match the contour of any of these uppers. Pretty frustrating to drop that kind of cash and basically be told to buy more from them. Its pretty clear that their profile doesn't match most uppers but to not include a part like is bolt catch and then blow me off as its something I'm doing isnt cool...
View Quote
Yeah, that's not cool.  One upper, maybe, but not three.  I haven't noticed the issue with either of mine, but the uppers that I've used (2A Balios Lite, ASA side charger, AP C.O.P) have been unusual (even the 2A, which is known to be tighter than mil-spec.)

Maybe you should post it (with pics) in their Industry page here.  Sometimes you get a different response in a public forum than in an individual email or phone call.
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone else have problems with the upper sitting to the right looking down range? I have tried three different uppers all from different manufactures but for $600 bucks I was told it was because I didn't use their "mil-spec' upper and that the lower was cut "mil-spec" even though the curve of the lower doesn't match the contour of any of these uppers. Pretty frustrating to drop that kind of cash and basically be told to buy more from them. Its pretty clear that their profile doesn't match most uppers but to not include a part like is bolt catch and then blow me off as its something I'm doing isnt cool...
View Quote
i'm glad you posted this ... i planned to dry fit parts sunday in prep for Cerakote and build at the end of the month.  after reading your post i did a quick fit check and i'm SUPER DISAPPOINTED not only are all uppers i tried (3 as well ... (1) "mil spec" & (2) "billet"/machined) of set to 'shooters right' but there's a parallelism problem as well...both takedown pins won't engage at the same time...basically the lower is machined out of spec for sure!!!

Let's trade e-mails in PM and stay connected on the resolution!! ... i plan to write an e-mail to FightLite Sunday. Where are you with your resolution???

BTW mine is marked "Ares"not "FightLite" but shipped from MidWest Gun Works with their recent (3 weeks back) shipment...
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:21:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bTanZ:

i'm glad you posted this ... i planned to dry fit parts sunday in prep for Cerakote and build at the end of the month.  after reading your post i did a quick fit check and i'm SUPER DISAPPOINTED not only are all uppers i tried (3 as well ... (1) "mil spec" & (2) "billet"/machined) of set to 'shooters right' but there's a parallelism problem as well...both takedown pins won't engage at the same time...basically the lower is machined out of spec for sure!!!

Let's trade e-mails in PM and stay connected on the resolution!! ... i plan to write an e-mail to FightLite Sunday. Where are you with your resolution???

BTW mine is marked "Ares"not "FightLite" but shipped from MidWest Gun Works with their recent (3 weeks back) shipment...
View Quote
Just a note for everyone else checking ... assuming your pins slide in place and you can assemble your upper to the SCR lower.  It's most easily noticeable when the upper and lower are assembled and the charging handle is removed. Look at the top rear now that it's no longer obscured by the charging handle and you will see the upper offset to 'shooters right'
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 1:12:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Bill,

I got your message and responded before seeing this. Ill get some pictures up as soon as I can. I also got mine from Midwest and was marked Ares about three weeks ago also. Maybe we hit a bad batch but that sounds also exactly of what mine is doing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 6:57:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I saw a few pages back a discussion about lowered sights.

I remember years back, hk sl8 sights were low and cheap.
Gave you that great hk good too just impossibly low for an AR.  Not sure if still available.

Also Troy micro sights.  Not sure if still made.  They were Troy BUIS for the HK platforms with their raised rails.

The mag release being too far away reminds me of a few 94-04 platforms.   The solution was always an ambicatch and support hand operation .

I see there was a price jump on these.  Pity.  They could've pulled a Magpul and won on quality and quantity.  Now they'll just invite predators and competitors tempted by a lower price point.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By chapperjoe:
I see there was a price jump on these.  Pity.  They could've pulled a Magpul and won on quality and quantity.  Now they'll just invite predators and competitors tempted by a lower price point.
View Quote
Pretty sure that they are having supplier problems.  They showed a picture of FightLite-branded lowers almost through production, but they are still shipping Ares-branded lowers.  This means that some other component is holding up their shipments.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:20:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bTanZ] [#16]
Bill,

I got your message and responded before seeing this. Ill get some pictures up as soon as I can. I also got mine from Midwest and was marked Ares about three weeks ago also. Maybe we hit a bad batch but that sounds also exactly of what mine is doing.
View Quote
nothing received at my end? try again?? ... (update) RECEIVED
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:38:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bTanZ] [#17]
my note to FightLite (and CCed MGW since it appears they got the bad batch) this morning .... I'll keep you posted on replies

FightLite,

I received my Ares SCR lower late March shipped from Midwest Gun Works (details below) to my FFL in NY.  This weekend i began to test fit parts in advance of the Cerakote & build scheduled for next week.

I'm disappointed to find the lower appears to be milled 'out of specification'. This is evident by 2 detectable issues.
1. when mating any of the 3 uppers i have ready available here to the SCR lower the centerlines do not line up. All 3 uppers [(1) "mil spec" & (2) "billet"/machined] are off set to 'shooters right' and easily noticeable with the charging handle removed and inspecting from top/rear.
2. both takedown pins won't engage at the same time. on any of the same 3 uppers tried
*please note - all 3 uppers were also fit to 2 other (AR15) lowers and all combinations fit properly except for those involving the SCR lower

The 2 combined above, lead me to believe there is a parallelism issue with the lower I have received

Please provide instructions & a return shipping label for a prompt exchange with a 1st quality part...  I'll also call (321.242.8410) to follow up later today.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Midwest Gun Works purchase details
1 SCR-LWR-MC FightLite SCR Lower Receiver Assembly, Monte Carlo Stock Serial # SR-xxxxxx
Order Date: 15-Mar-2017
Web Order #: 364040
Invoice #: 324788
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also worthy of note ... i'm aware of at least one other lower purchased at the same time from the 'lot' at MGW that is experiencing similar issues. He has photo documented it well here ... http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_727/281669_.html&page=1&anc=3123764#i3123764

Thank you!
xxx xxx  
m: 518.xxx.xxx

789 xxxx Rd.
xxxxxxxxxx, NY 12xxx
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 8:39:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bTanZ] [#18]
delete
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 1:14:22 PM EDT
[#19]
my note to FightLite (and CCed MGW since it appears they got the bad batch) this morning .... I'll keep you posted on replies

FightLite,

I received my Ares SCR lower late March shipped from Midwest Gun Works (details below) to my FFL in NY.  This weekend i began to test fit parts in advance of the Cerakote & build scheduled for next week.

I'm disappointed to find the lower appears to be milled 'out of specification'. This is evident by 2 detectable issues.
1. when mating any of the 3 uppers i have ready available here to the SCR lower the centerlines do not line up. All 3 uppers [(1) "mil spec" & (2) "billet"/machined] are off set to 'shooters right' and easily noticeable with the charging handle removed and inspecting from top/rear.
2. both takedown pins won't engage at the same time. on any of the same 3 uppers tried
*please note - all 3 uppers were also fit to 2 other (AR15) lowers and all combinations fit properly except for those involving the SCR lower

The 2 combined above, lead me to believe there is a parallelism issue with the lower I have received

Thank you!
View Quote
UPDATE ...Brian from Midwest gun Works phoned me about an hour ago and said mine is the first they have heard of any trouble and on my behalf he has also reached out to FightLite.  He couldn't have been more professional or helpful.

Nothing from FightLite yet...
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Is the lower forged or billet?  Is the offset parallel to the entire receiver and everything is shifted (normal forge) or is there an angle?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:19:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#21]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
Is the lower forged or billet?  Is the offset parallel to the entire receiver and everything is shifted (normal forge) or is there an angle?
View Quote
They are forged:

Though, I do remember, way back when they first came out, that one of the Ares guys on Facebook said that they might have some of the original billet ones (prototype or a small first run, I'm not sure) still around the shop that they would offer to those interested.  I missed the chance to snag one, but always wanted one.

Side note: I mentioned in the Industry thread that my Ares SCR upper is offset from the Ares SCR lower that I purchased as a complete rifle a while ago (ser. #0019xx), so they can't really claim that it's an issue with not using their upper.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:36:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, if it's forged, then there's an allowable offset on the mil spec, as long as everything is kept to the same datum.  As long as everything lines up correctly, it's a cosmetic issue.  Sucks to have a cosmetic issue on a $500 lower, but your balls are being busted legislatively & commercially.  If it was a $33 Anderson that was thicker on one side of the lower than the other, nobody would give a rat's ass.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:37:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By FightLite:  Forgings, castings and extrusions are generally selected when manufacturing large volumes of the same components due to lower manufacturing costs through economies of scaled production, which translates to a more friendly consumer price at the retail counter. Inherent in the design and application of forgings, castings and extrusions is that they all provide "near net" shaped parts, but are by design oversized in almost all directions to permit the net tolerances to be finish machined into them. This "wiggle room" in the oversized base part is what affords the machining department enough material to cut an accurate finish path. So it is not at all uncommon to see "offsets" in machined forgings that are perfectly within design tolerances and limits, provided they don't affect operation and function of the assembly to which they belong.

So toward evaluating our product and your stated concerns with it, we'd like to send you a Return Authorization (RA) number and ask that the product be returned per the instructions on the Product Support Form for evaluation. Once received, it will be evaluated per our manufacturing standards and tolerances for conformity. As I already mentioned, we have a very high commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction so we look forward to addressing your concerns. Thank you.
View Quote
There's your problem.  You don't have a friendly consumer price.  You're not selling a Chevy anymore.  You're @ Cadillac pricing.  Telling a Cadillac owner that his trunk lid gap can be a 1/4" off on each side doesn't fly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By FightLite:  Well, tell that to the guy who just paid $25-30K for a Transferable M16A1 with similar visible forging offsets and let me know if we're still at "Cadillac pricing". If you can't afford our products or don't think that they bring enough value to the table for the price at which they're available, then there are plenty of other firearms in the marketplace for your consideration. It's a free market and we're staunch supporters of it. Our products are 100% Designed and Made in USA by US Citizens and that commitment caries a price with it. I understand that you can find AR's with tons of Asian parts in them for $450 Retail, but we're just not that company who will ever be offering them for sale or building our gear with those kinds of parts.

And if you're looking for a custom fit and finish SCR with finer features and finish options including wood butt stocks, etc; then you're in luck because we do have a Signature Series SCR in the works but the price will probably be triple the amount of the standard production models. Thanks and stay tuned.
View Quote
Cadillac pricing AND the HK attitude.  Nice.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:26:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 5:52:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#28]
Originally Posted By FightLite:
Well, tell that to the guy who just paid $25-30K for a Transferable M16A1 with similar visible forging offsets and let me know if we're still at "Cadillac pricing". If you can't afford our products or don't think that they bring enough value to the table for the price at which they're available, then there are plenty of other firearms in the marketplace for your consideration. It's a free market and we're staunch supporters of it. Our products are 100% Designed and Made in USA by US Citizens and that commitment caries a price with it. I understand that you can find AR's with tons of Asian parts in them for $450 Retail, but we're just not that company who will ever be offering them for sale or building our gear with those kinds of parts.

And if you're looking for a custom fit and finish SCR with finer features and finish options including wood butt stocks, etc; then you're in luck because we do have a Signature Series SCR in the works but the price will probably be triple the amount of the standard production models. Thanks and stay tuned.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

There's your problem.  You don't have a friendly consumer price.  You're not selling a Chevy anymore.  You're @ Cadillac pricing.  Telling a Cadillac owner that his trunk lid gap can be a 1/4" off on each side doesn't fly.
Well, tell that to the guy who just paid $25-30K for a Transferable M16A1 with similar visible forging offsets and let me know if we're still at "Cadillac pricing". If you can't afford our products or don't think that they bring enough value to the table for the price at which they're available, then there are plenty of other firearms in the marketplace for your consideration. It's a free market and we're staunch supporters of it. Our products are 100% Designed and Made in USA by US Citizens and that commitment caries a price with it. I understand that you can find AR's with tons of Asian parts in them for $450 Retail, but we're just not that company who will ever be offering them for sale or building our gear with those kinds of parts.

Well, there went me buying 2-3 lowers.  That money will go to CMT instead.

Honestly the guys concerns are valid.  It's a $500 lower, not a $60 no name.  I'd expect alignment and fit/finish to be perfect at that price point.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:25:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 6:41:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By NorthPolar:  Well, there went me buying 2-3 lowers.  That money will go to CMT instead.

Honestly the guys concerns are valid.  It's a $500 lower, not a $60 no name.  I'd expect alignment and fit/finish to be perfect at that price point.  
View Quote
To be fair, you're getting a bolt carrier, stock, & a partial LPK with it, so call it $250.  Amusing the LRBHO is extra.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:21:35 PM EDT
[#31]

UPDATE ...Brian from Midwest gun Works phoned me about an hour ago and said mine is the first they have heard of any trouble and on my behalf he has also reached out to FightLite.  He couldn't have been more professional or helpful.

Nothing from FightLite yet...
View Quote
UPDATE 2 ... copy/paste the note from FightLite received this afternoon...

Mr. xxxxx,

Thank you for bringing you concerns to our attention and we apologize for any inconvenience. We appreciate your business and we stand firmly behind our products and workmanship. We would like to send you a Return Authorization (RA) number tomorrow and ask that your lower be returned per the instructions on the Product Support Form for evaluation.

Once received, it will be evaluated per our manufacturing standards and tolerances for conformity. We have a very high commitment to product quality and customer satisfaction so we look forward to addressing your concerns. Thank you.

Thank you,
Sales Department
FightLite® Industries
A Division of ARES Defense
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#33]
To be clear it is two individuals that are having the same problem and one would think that means more. Yes for $600 it should be perfect, thank you for explaining the off set in the trigger area. That did eliminate one question. Is it possible to explain why the contour of your lower doesn't match any lower? Again I was told by your rep that this was "mil-spec" (loosely used term). Between myself and the other member thats a total of 6 upper receivers that have the same problem. No one has communicated with me directly besides the person I spoke with, the one that told me I needed to purchase more.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:26:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sancosys] [#34]
[b]Well actually, to be fair...you're getting a lower receiver assembly including bolt carrier w/strut
View Quote
Corrected
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 7:30:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Not to sound unfair I think its a great idea and look but expect it to be dialed for that price tag... that went up... twice and doesn't include basics
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:16:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By FightLite:  Well actually, to be fair...you're getting a complete semi-auto lower receiver assembly with detachable magazine capability...including bolt carrier w/strut that accepts almost any AR upper, barrel, bolt, cam pin, firing pin, charging handle, handguard, extractor, magazine, ambi-mag release and caliber option available to an AR... BUT, that you can also have almost anywhere in the USA where AR's are limited or considered "Assault Weapons" including New York, NY City, New Jersey, California, Washington D.C., Maryland, Connecticut, etc. without any bullet buttons, funky stocks or other felony workarounds. Yep, not too bad when you actually stop and think about it...

And for those who don't live in those areas, you never know when you might just want to load up the kids and take them on a camping trip that has you travelling through New York on your way to Maine, or into California to see the Redwoods for example and you'd like to have more than a sharp stick to protect your family...

Plus, there's some pretty cool bangsticks that folks are building with our SCR lowers and rifles.
View Quote
Yes, they're pretty.  You're 7.5 times the price of the competition in the free states, and you don't even include a LRBHO latch for that price, which you very nicely illustrate in your post.  Don't be a dick.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:38:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#37]
Yes, they're pretty.  You're 7.5 times the price of the competition in the free states, and you don't even include a LRBHO latch for that price, which you very nicely illustrate in your post.  Don't be a dick.
View Quote
As stated, that's an exaggeration.  Even if you include the $40 LRBHO module, you're under $650 ... for a lower, LPK (w/ FCG), stock, buffer assembly and bolt carrier (not group.)  How do you buy all that for under $90?  If you go cheap, that's still $200+.  Then, by competition, you're still saying anything that can use an AR upper is, in essence, in the same category.  There are plenty of people who either prefer the traditional style aesthetics/ergonomics or want both types.  Either way, there's no direct competition to the SCR for that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 10:59:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#38]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:  As stated, that's an exaggeration.  Even if you include the $40 LRBHO module, you're under $650 ... for a lower, LPK (w/ FCG), stock, buffer assembly and bolt carrier (not group.)  How do you buy all that for under $90?  If you go cheap, that's still $200+.  Then, by competition, you're still saying anything that can use an AR upper is, in essence, in the same category.  There are plenty of people who either prefer the traditional style aesthetics/ergonomics or want both types.  Either way, there's no direct competition to the SCR for that.
View Quote
For $500, you're getting a lower, a partial FCS (No LRBHO), a stock, a buffer (& tube), and a bolt  carrier.  Bolt carrier, buffer, buffer tube, stock, and complete LPK for $250?  So the fancy lower is $250 - that's 7.5 times the cost of an Anderson these days.  I'd be more sympathetic if they hadn't raised prices immediately following the Californalaypse.

No, there's no direct competition - they've got a captive market all to themselves, over a barrel.  If they kept their prices somewhat reasonable, they'd have a small following in the free states for hunting arms, and a rabid following behind the lines.  This price increase killed all but a handful of buyers in the free states, and is a Cheaper Than Dirt shaft to the folks behind enemy lines.

It's a pretty lower, and it challenges what makes an AR an AR.  I was very unlikely to ever spend that much on an proprietary AR lower, so my interest is purely academic.  My brother in a free state was interested, @ the original price, but held off b/c of concerns about the original trigger.  @ the new price, he can build a complete free state AR, so he'll live w/ humping a pistol grip around.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:19:56 PM EDT
[#39]
For $500, you're getting a lower, a partial FCS (No LRBHO), a stock, a buffer (& tube), and a bolt  carrier.  Bolt carrier, buffer, buffer tube, stock, and complete LPK for $250?  So the fancy lower is $250 - that's 7.5 times the cost of an Anderson these days.  I'd be more sympathetic if they hadn't raised prices immediately following the Californalaypse.
View Quote
Alright, if you want to break it down that way ... but there are plenty of "fancy" stripped lowers that are $200-300.  There are also PDW lower receiver assemblies (e.g., Battlearms) that are more expensive than the SCR lower.  I'm not saying that they aren't overpriced at the current retail level (I paid well under the current level for each of mine), but not to the level that you suggest.  

Also, consider that (as I mentioned above) after a long delay, they're shipping new "old stock" Ares lowers, not the new FightLite lowers that they teased a while ago.  That suggests a supplier problem (in fact, they mentioned cutting a supplier.)  If you're capacity is limited (by either exogenous or endogenous constraints), you change more.  Simply put, if you can't satisfy any more than the top of willingness to pay triangle, then you price it for them, in order to make as much as possible.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:27:12 PM EDT
[#40]

View Quote
Go be poor somewhere else
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:54:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: backbencher] [#41]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:  Alright, if you want to break it down that way ... but there are plenty of "fancy" stripped lowers that are $200-300.  There are also PDW lower receiver assemblies (e.g., Battlearms) that are more expensive than the SCR lower.  I'm not saying that they aren't overpriced at the current retail level (I paid well under the current level for each of mine), but not to the level that you suggest.  

Also, consider that (as I mentioned above) after a long delay, they're shipping new "old stock" Ares lowers, not the new FightLite lowers that they teased a while ago.  That suggests a supplier problem (in fact, they mentioned cutting a supplier.)  If you're capacity is limited (by either exogenous or endogenous constraints), you change more.  Simply put, if you can't satisfy any more than the top of willingness to pay triangle, then you price it for them, in order to make as much as possible.
View Quote
And @ a premium price point, you'd better have premium quality.  I don't doubt they'll take care of these folks, but an upper not fitting a lower is Anderson quality - and to be fair to Anderson, their problem was not threading the pistol grip bolt hole all the way.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:47:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FightLite] [#43]
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Eventually I'll get a lower and SBR it.  

Very nice gun there
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:27:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Since this is a an SCR Pic thread, he's a rebuild of a factory SBR concept gun on a FightLite lower receiver with Sporter Short butt stock topped with a Mega Arms keymod upper. Barrel is a chrome-lined FightLite 10" ultra-lite with Lantac Dragon muzzle brake threaded on the end. Optic is Aimpoint T1 micro on low mount, AXTS charging handle assembly, magazine and handguard covers are Hexmag and ambi-mag release is Knight's Armament for fast grab-and-strip mag changes. Bolt catch is FightLite. Basically, our version of a modern day "Mare's Leg"! Oh yeah, trigger is Nickle Boron...

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457617/unnamed--8--190361.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/457617/unnamed--9--190367.jpg
View Quote
Very nice!

So when are we gonna see some *actual* mares leg's pistol lowers for sale??
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:10:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#46]
So when are we gonna see some *actual* mares leg's pistol lowers for sale??
View Quote
They would have to redesign the recoil system to chop much off of the stock.  As it is now, you can only reduce the length by about 1 1/2" before you hit the end of the buffer tube:

Link Posted: 4/19/2017 2:58:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Andromax] [#47]
Originally Posted By CarpNY:

They would have to redesign the recoil system to chop much off of the stock.  As it is now, you can only reduce the length by about 1 1/2" before you hit the end of the buffer tube:

http://i1292.photobucket.com/albums/b563/CarpNY/WP_20160318_09_40_57_Pro_zpsedc5qwwk.jpg
View Quote
Yea but it could be done

Your pic reminds me I need to install that Noveske QD mount I just got in the mail.

Also gonna need to look at one of those KA mag releases that FightLite just posted.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Yea but it could be done

Your pic reminds me I need to install that Noveske QD mount I just got in the mail.

Also gonna need to look at one of those KA mag releases that FightLite just posted.
View Quote
Of course it can be done, but I'm guessing it's low on their priority list.

Let us know how the QD mount install goes.  I need to add one.

As for the Knight's ambi release, both of my lowers have them.  Some find their location (so far back) less natural, but I find it more natural.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:12:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FightLite] [#49]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:07:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: eatmoredonuts] [#50]
Finally joined up here as I am a new SCR owner, though not new to AR-15's.  Just test fitted this up, and I can see that the sporter stock might be an issue as the cheek weld looks like it's going to be a little low.  Mr. FightLite - would you exhange mine (brand new) for a Monte Carlo stock?  Don't really want to go with a riser.

Also waiting for the guy on eBay to get some of those bolt catch kits back in stock, what are they made of, Unobtainium?  Does Mr. FightLite have them in stock?

Page / 45
FightLite / ARES SCR Pics (Page 27 of 45)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top