Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2022 7:46:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nwalker77]
Got my Jakl today and it had another gas plug in a clear zip lock bag labeled suppressor plug.  I don't see anything in the manual about this.

There is a loose piece of paper in the manual showing the different settings (including a setting for suppressor) but no mention of a need for a different plug for using a suppressor.  What gives?
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 10:28:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Jman_JJE] [#2]
The gas knob that comes on the gun works with most suppressors/ammo combinations. However there are a lot of different suppressors and ammo combinations. The second (suppressor) knob is available to fine tune during suppressor use so that almost every combination of suppressor/ammo can be used in the JAKL.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 10:37:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I remember watching that now.  So once the new plug is replaced it won't have to be swapped back for any reason?
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 8:05:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By nwalker77:
I remember watching that now.  So once the new plug is replaced it won't have to be swapped back for any reason?
View Quote

It depends on how you use it. You have a standard knob that has a wide range of gas port sizes and a suppressor specific knob that has a narrower range of small gas ports which are better for shooting suppressed. The suppressor knob allows you to fine tune the gas to your ammo and suppressor.

In my limited experience, the standard knob positions 1 & 2 are good for low power ammo and full power ammo unsuppressed. Positions 3 & 4 are the low power and high power ammo suppressed. Rather than only having 2 suppressor settings, PSA was generous enough to give us an extra knob with 4 suppressor settings.

I got mine back today and am looking forward to testing it out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked mine up today and had the same question... thank you all for the timely thread.
Link Posted: 12/24/2022 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I just picked up my 300BO JAKL on x-mas eve, and I did not get a second gas plug??? I have been swindled...LOL...

Are the 300 BO units supposed to get the extra plus as well, or was it just for the 5.56mm versions???

Any help would be great, or I will find out after Christmas....

But, I love my JAKL, its small, compact, has a nice little hinge for the brace...Can't wait to shoot it...

Merry Christmas to all!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 3:17:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

Only the 5.56 version comes with two plugs.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

@Josiah

Josiah,

Thanks for clearing that up as I had the same question although I do have another question.

My upper did not come with an instruction manual or the cool Jakl sticker. I called customer service about the instruction manual and the CS rep was clueless. She passed my question along to "someone" who would know and email me back. That never happened. I'm hoping you can help me to get an instruction manual as it's not been posted on your website that I can find.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/27/2022 12:53:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

Please PM me your address and I will get you an owners manual and sticker sent out.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

Thank you! Message sent.
Link Posted: 8/29/2023 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Since this is about the gas block, what are the best suppressors to run with the new jmac adaptor I’m about to grab one and curious about best suppressor.  I only have direct thread so this is new to me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:18:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mav3rick] [#12]
Can you order the second specific suppressor gas plug for the 300 BO upper?

If not can you use the 556 suppressor specific second gas plug  that came with the 556 upper on the 300 BO jakl upper?

I own a 556 complete jakl pistol and just ordered the 300 jakl upper to use on the lower. Will just be shooting both just suppressed.
Ideally ld like to have the second specific suppressor gas plug installed in both so l wouldn't have to swap between them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Are the JAKLs still shipping with a second gas plug?  Mine didn't come with a second one.
Page AR-15 » AR Jakl Variant
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top