Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/28/2024 4:04:47 PM EDT
I have a geissele receiver set with an 11.5 centurion hrt barrel, has a 10 inch federal rail.

Needing a light for it and really want the full sized Cloud Rein 3.0, for the additional run time. Does anyone have this setup on an 11.5?

Is it fine or should I consider the micro? I have room for the full sized setup so I'm leaning that way. Just curious if anyone has pics of a full size and/or micro on an 11.5?
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:41:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#1]
The REIN is a big light to begin with, so I'd go with the Micro version. Just my opinion on what's best suited for a short 11.5" gun. In the end, it's going to come down to your needs and preferences.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 871JZ:
The REIN is a big light to begin with, so I'd go with the Micro version. Just my opinion on what's best suited for a short 11.5" gun. In the end, it's going to come down to your needs and preferences.
View Quote

I agree. Hate to give up run time but maybe micro makes sense here. Going on this gun.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:46:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By jmt1271:

I agree. Hate to give up run time but maybe micro makes sense here. Going on this gun.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49348/1000009876_jpg-3144144.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49348/1000009876_jpg-3144144.JPG

I think the Micro makes the most sense on that one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 4:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont have the 3.0, but I decided my full size rein took up too much of my limited rail space on my 11.5 and went with a 340dft. Your set up and use may allow for a full size light, I found it less than ideal for my needs.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks all, leaning towards the micro then. If I can find one.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 5:57:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#7]
Just a heads up, the Cloud is actually shorter or really close to a lot of the typical Surefires or Modlites with a remote switch. People compare the REIN to the click tail caps which isn’t fair since the Cloud is both a remote and a click cap. Some of the Scout series switches make them even longer than the REIN by a bit.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Just a heads up, the Cloud is actually shorter or really close to a lot of the typical Surefires or Modlites with a remote switch. People compare the REIN to the click tail caps which isn’t fair since the Cloud is both a remote and a click cap. Some of the Scout series switches make them even longer than the REIN by a bit.
View Quote

Thanks that's good to know as I've never seen any cloud products.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Going with the full size rein for my 12” and the sure fire scout turbo for my 11.5”
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:17:43 PM EDT
[#10]
The only difference between the full size and micro is a little bit of tube length that is forward of the mounting lugs. It won't take up any more rail space to have the full size, but will simply extend further forward of the rail.

As far as overall size between the Rein 3.0 and the Scout, they are the same length when a tape switch is plugged into the Scout. One could argue that at least the Reins length is all aluminum vs the exposed plug and wire on the Scout. I have both, so no biase here. And my latest is a blend of the two, meaning a Rein 3.0 head on their legacy body that accepts a Surefire tail cap, because I wanted to try a Unity Hotbutton.

As far as head diameters, the new Scout turbo head is the same size as the Rein 3.0 head.

In my opinion, the slightly shorter tube forward of the mounting lugs isn't worth ending up with less than half of the runtime. Plus, I do believe that the smaller lights are priced the same as the full size.
Link Posted: 2/28/2024 9:44:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Headbarcode:
The only difference between the full size and micro is a little bit of tube length that is forward of the mounting lugs. It won't take up any more rail space to have the full size, but will simply extend further forward of the rail.

As far as overall size between the Rein 3.0 and the Scout, they are the same length when a tape switch is plugged into the Scout. One could argue that at least the Reins length is all aluminum vs the exposed plug and wire on the Scout. I have both, so no biase here. And my latest is a blend of the two, meaning a Rein 3.0 head on their legacy body that accepts a Surefire tail cap, because I wanted to try a Unity Hotbutton.

As far as head diameters, the new Scout turbo head is the same size as the Rein 3.0 head.

In my opinion, the slightly shorter tube forward of the mounting lugs isn't worth ending up with less than half of the runtime. Plus, I do believe that the smaller lights are priced the same as the full size.
View Quote

Damn it.

Good info. Thanks.

That said, you have both the surefire and cloud, which do you prefer overall?
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:27:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Heads up clouds single button is releasing at the beginning of March
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 3:51:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#13]

Thanks that's good to know as I've never seen any cloud products.
View Quote

I like mine. Was previously a Surefire guy. I would say if you’re using rechargeables I wouldn’t worry too much about battery life between the two. I carry a 4 pack in my range bag since they’re cheap and low maintenance. The Micro 3.0 wasn’t available when I bought my last one or I would have went that route.

I will call out my Rein 3.0 had a cracked switch lead housing out of the box. Cloud made it right though. Had no issues with my other Cloud stuff and will buy again.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By hoody2shoez:
View Quote

What's the story on that? My REIN is a few years old, and I've never been crazy about the remote switch.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:56:36 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a Rein 1.0 on my 11.5.  I've been really happy with it
Untitled by Frisky Dillo, on Flickr
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:35:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By CDPhD:

What's the story on that? My REIN is a few years old, and I've never been crazy about the remote switch.
View Quote
They now offer 3 new switches: single button constant on, single button momentary on, and dual button. They are compatible with all Rein generations, are lower profile, have buttons with larger surface areas, and are easier to mount while managing the cable.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Headbarcode:

View Quote

And weight.  

I opted for the micro on my 14.5” lightweight recce
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 11:29:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By MidwestJ:

And weight.  

View Quote

It's like an oz difference lol.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:46:00 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

And weight.  

Well shit you’re right. 1.5oz.

Thought it was more.  

Length is a bit more.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 12:53:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Well shit you’re right. 1.5oz.

Thought it was more.  

Length is a bit more.
View Quote

It is DEFINITELY shorter.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

I'm waiting on an MLok button.  They teased it in their video, or maybe it was just an MLok mount for their button.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top