Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/30/2024 11:35:05 AM EDT
We recently acquired a bunch of CMR equipped Colts at my LE agency.

We have been using the offset mounts to mount our protac hlx lights at the 2 o clock.  The problem is the current offset mounts we have (made by streamlight) do not fit the rounded cmr rail.

Does anyone know if an Arisaka offset scout mount will work on a cmr (mlok) rail?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 1:54:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: D_Man] [#1]
What rail exactly?  There's older CMR rails  that are not MLOK compatible, they had their own proprietary direct tread-in accessories.  If it's one of those older CMR rails, you could uses these:

https://centurionarms.com/standard-cmr-handguard-light-mount-scout-mount/
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s the newer mlok type
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#3]
In that case any MLOK mount should work.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
The mlok 45 offset made by streamlight didn’t fit bc the cmr is rounded and not octagonal.

The offset mount fits my bcm mcmr perfect because of the shape, but the cmr is round and doesn’t clear the offset.   I hope that makes sense
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:21:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JerseyRaised:
The mlok 45 offset made by streamlight didn’t fit bc the cmr is rounded and not octagonal.

The offset mount fits my bcm mcmr perfect because of the shape, but the cmr is round and doesn’t clear the offset.   I hope that makes sense
View Quote

Something like surefire's pivoting mount might work, but with out looking it up, I'm going to assume they wont be excited about the price.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Sounds like you know how pd’s work.  Hate spending money on equipment
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:43:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MagnusActual] [#7]
You could try a pivoting type mount like Bobro

Bobro

Another option would be to use a picatinny mount from the top rail at 45 degrees downward.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top