Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2024 6:54:18 PM EDT
I’ve got a colt AR15A4 that I really enjoy but with the prism optics eye relief the A2 stock is too long and I want to shorten it up but maintain the same look. This brings me to the A1/CS type stocks. Who makes the most solid short LOP fixed stock? Googling it looks like most the A1 stocks are just rebranded cavalry arms ones and questionable quality or durability. I can’t find who makes PSA h&r a1 stocks or quality but they look promising. I’d love a true Colt CS stocks but holy cow I’m not paying $300 or more for one. Wish Colt would just reproduce the cs stock already.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 8:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
In for the 411.  The Cav seems to be vended by many others, and it doesn't get the best of reviews.  I am also looking for one for my M-16 clone.  From what I have heard the Cav stock isn't horrible if you replace the baseplate, but was hoping for more.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#3]
To me it is almost unbelievable that no one makes a quality, traditional (A1/A2 aesthetic) style A1 length stock. Sure, there probably are people out there that the A2 length works for, but it seems like 90%+ seem to prefer A1 length based on all the comments I see complaining about the A2. A1 (made with modern A2 construction) should be the standard, with A2 an option for the relatively few who prefer it imo.
Link Posted: 2/15/2024 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Veprz:
To me it is almost unbelievable that no one makes a quality, traditional (A1/A2 aesthetic) style A1 length stock. Sure, there probably are people out there that the A2 length works for, but it seems like 90%+ seem to prefer A1 length based on all the comments I see complaining about the A2. A1 (made with modern A2 construction) should be the standard, with A2 an option for the relatively few who prefer it imo.
View Quote

Yep, it's more than frustrating... And it doesn't seem to matter how much it's requested, no one that's capable of making such a stock seems to care. Every other idea for a stock will find it's way to the market, but a quality CS repro won't ever see the light of day. Yet the A2 stock lives on for no good reason when only a few actually like it's longer length.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 10:21:49 PM EDT
[#5]
  I went with the Calvary C1.

Not alot of choices out there for new production/good quality....but the C1 is well made and priced reasonably.

https://www.cavalrymanufacturing.com/manufacturing-store/C1-Buttstock-p564091626

Link Posted: 3/20/2024 6:04:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HipSh0T] [#6]
Your best bet while not cheap either is to buy an excellent condition Colt M16A1 Type D or E stock, if you do your homework your probably looking at around $100.00 shipped but buy once/cry once.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:10:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FishKepr] [#7]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By IdahoPCCinc:

I went with the Calvary C1.

Not alot of choices out there for new production/good quality....but the C1 is well made and priced reasonably.

https://www.cavalrymanufacturing.com/manufacturing-store/C1-Buttstock-p564091626

View Quote

I recently picked up a Cav Arms A1 off the EE here, but it had already been fitted with a hinged butt plate and I think it is fine for the purpose.  It is hollow, but I don't find it wimpy.  I was debating whether to shoot some spray foam in there but not so sure about that after receiving it.  No complaints.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top