Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2024 11:20:25 PM EDT
Decided to spoil myself and this is on the way:

Attachment Attached File

I need to find a cheaper hobby, like cocaine and hookers.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm down with the cocaine and hookers idea, but that's pretty badass. The worst part is you're not even remotely done paying for it. Everytime you buy ammo you might as well throw your wallet in the trash. I love 10mm, but much like my .44, if you want to shoot it you have to decide how important being able to buy dinner is that night.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stowe:
I'm down with the cocaine and hookers idea, but that's pretty badass. The worst part is you're not even remotely done paying for it. Everytime you buy ammo you might as well throw your wallet in the trash. I love 10mm, but much like my .44, if you want to shoot it you have to decide how important being able to buy dinner is that night.
View Quote

If OP doesn't handload it might be a good time to start

Sharp lookin' rig.  I just built a 45 ACP with CMMG barrel and bolt.  But, that is because I have a pile of 45 ACP handloads  
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 11:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By s4s4u:

Sharp lookin' rig.  I just built a 45 ACP with CMMG barrel and bolt.  But, that is because I have a pile of 45 ACP handloads  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By s4s4u:
Originally Posted By Stowe:

I've been reloading 10mm since 1992.  It's still pretty expensive, because the brass is expensive and the guns throw it far, so you lose a lot of it.  After ordering the gun, I went to Midway and spent another 400 bucks on accessories and reloading components.
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bfoosh06:
Looking forward to your thoughts on it after you get it !

It looks like a fine firearm to spoil yourself with.

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/10mm.html

View Quote

If I were designing it from the ground up, I probably would have chosen another inch or two of barrel length, but 8" does pretty well.  From what I've seen, the hotter loads tend to get about 150 to 200 fps more out the Banshee 8" barrel than a 4.6" or 5.2" barrel.  A 125 grain solid copper hollow point at 1750 fps is no joke.  I also ordered some of these, so that I can put together the most powerful subsonic load possible in 10mm:

https://www.gtbullets.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=44

One of these days, I'm likely to get a can for it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 12:57:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By hoss622:

I've been reloading 10mm since 1992.  It's still pretty expensive, because the brass is expensive and the guns throw it far, so you lose a lot of it.  After ordering the gun, I went to Midway and spent another 400 bucks on accessories and reloading components.
View Quote

Ain’t that the truth lol. I only seem to recover about 50 percent of my 10mm brass from my g20. Now if I was on concrete and no other brass I might get 80 percent back. 🤣
Link Posted: 3/19/2024 3:02:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Good choice and congrats. The Banshees are great PCCs and I've run my 10mm with a CGS Nautilus on occasion. Not subsonic but does take the edge off.

The 9mm with subs and a Mod9 is like shooting a pellet gun.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 1:37:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 8:21:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Picked it up today, stuck a cheap red dot on it temporarily and ran a magazine through it in the back yard.  I'm in love with this sexy little bitch.  Good trigger and a very soft shooter.

Attachment Attached File

Another inch or two of real estate on the handguard would be nice.  I put a Fenix light on it, but I don't like the mount.  Going to have to mess around with it a bit, till I find something I like.  I have this optic on back order.  

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-slx-md25-rotary-knob-25mm-microdot-gen-2-autolive-acss-cqb-red-dot-reticle

It has an etched reticle, so my astigmatism should mess with it less.  I hope I like it.

Link Posted: 3/21/2024 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 5:46:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Got a different mount, and now the tailcap is right where I want it.  It's not pretty, but a very nice, very bright light.

Attachment Attached File

Now all I need to do is go over to the dark side, submit to da Man and get a suppressor.  I've been resisting that for too long.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:02:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:13:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Got a little bit of shooting in before it got dark.  Chronographed the DoubleTap 125 grain copper hollowpoint.  It's spicy.

Attachment Attached File

But, I had a failure to eject, and the other two didn't eject very far.  Looks like to use this load, I'd have to put the lighter buffer in.  I think the sweet spot for home defense loads, is going to be a 155 grain Hornady XTP, that I think I should be able to push to 1550 fps or so out of this gun.  That should probably function well, expand like crazy and still get decent penetration.

The other load I shot a bunch of was a medium load, 180 grain Blue Bullet at 1180 fps.  It functioned perfectly and was a very mild shooter.  Something like this will probably be what I do most of my shooting with, in IDPA matches and in our indoor range.

Now, I need to figure out which can to get.
Link Posted: 3/25/2024 10:26:46 PM EDT
[#14]
You need one of these to cut down on lost brass.

AR PIC RAIL BRASS CATCHER
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By hoss622:

But, I had a failure to eject, and the other two didn't eject very far.  
View Quote
I've documented failures to eject with the CMMG 'Guard' now known as the Banshee since 2018.  This is common in 9mm, .40SW and 10mm.
I have it all on my website here: https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=221  which explains why I think it happens.  I personally think any delayed blowback setup shouldn't rely on an ejector spring that is inline w/ the recoil impulse.  Which is why the same spring is fine in 556 since the bolt is truly locked in 556.  I also have the new MEAN Arms bearing delay in 9mm which is a different design but same ejector spring failures.

The CMMG Dissent which is made in 9mm and now .45 ACP finally went to a fixed ejector which I have modified for full auto here: https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=1733

A lot of people are hoping that the Dissent will come out in 10mm but I doubt it.  If you read posts, some are already asking if the new Dissent in .45 can handle .45 Super and CMMG says NO, but that the old Banshee can since it can be tuned with buffer springs and buffers and also their weight tuning kit in the carrier.

However, as you probably already know, the CMMG RDB in 10mm already uses the heaviest weight from the tuning kit in the carrier by default so that isn't an option for bufferless setup and no more tuning with buffers and buffer springs if they go bufferless.  So that is why I'm not optimistic of a 10mm Dissent coming out but I'm hoping I'm wrong and they find a way.  
As seen in my picture below the 10mm bolt is using a 67 degree angle.  While the 9mm Banshee bolt is 50 and the Dissent is 55.  I would think they would need to at least increase the angle for a 10mm Dissent but it may not be enough to allow functioning across varying different loads that customers may use.

With the CMMG RDB Banshee in 9mm, I was getting about 1K rounds before having failed ejector springs.  In .40SW, It is about 800 rounds.  I have a friend that has a 10mm CMMG Banshee and I think he can't make it to 500 rounds.  I don't the .45ACP has the issue and it is also the lowest pressure of all the calibers I have mentioned.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 6:06:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By amphibian:
I've documented failures to eject with the CMMG 'Guard' now known as the Banshee since 2018.  This is common in 9mm, .40SW and 10mm.
I have it all on my website here: https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=221  which explains why I think it happens.  I personally think any delayed blowback setup shouldn't rely on an ejector spring that is inline w/ the recoil impulse.  Which is why the same spring is fine in 556 since the bolt is truly locked in 556.  I also have the new MEAN Arms bearing delay in 9mm which is a different design but same ejector spring failures.

The CMMG Dissent which is made in 9mm and now .45 ACP finally went to a fixed ejector which I have modified for full auto here: https://c3junkie.com/?page_id=1733

A lot of people are hoping that the Dissent will come out in 10mm but I doubt it.  If you read posts, some are already asking if the new Dissent in .45 can handle .45 Super and CMMG says NO, but that the old Banshee can since it can be tuned with buffer springs and buffers and also their weight tuning kit in the carrier.

However, as you probably already know, the CMMG RDB in 10mm already uses the heaviest weight from the tuning kit in the carrier by default so that isn't an option for bufferless setup and no more tuning with buffers and buffer springs if they go bufferless.  So that is why I'm not optimistic of a 10mm Dissent coming out but I'm hoping I'm wrong and they find a way.  
As seen in my picture below the 10mm bolt is using a 67 degree angle.  While the 9mm Banshee bolt is 50 and the Dissent is 55.  I would think they would need to at least increase the angle for a 10mm Dissent but it may not be enough to allow functioning across varying different loads that customers may use.
https://c3junkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/02/bolt-comparison2-1024x559.jpg

With the CMMG RDB Banshee in 9mm, I was getting about 1K rounds before having failed ejector springs.  In .40SW, It is about 800 rounds.  I have a friend that has a 10mm CMMG Banshee and I think he can't make it to 500 rounds.  I don't the .45ACP has the issue and it is also the lowest pressure of all the calibers I have mentioned.

View Quote

Interesting write-up.

My theory on why it didn't eject this very light bullet / extremely fast / high pressure ammo, but had no problems with heavier bullet, slower ammo, is the amount of time pressure is acting on the bolt face.  At 1700 fps vs 1200 fps, pressure is pushing on that bolt face for signifcantly less time.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top