Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/28/2024 2:30:00 PM EDT
10 to 12 years ago, USO was the rage and go to optic.  I bought a SN3 TPal based on discussion here alone, never held one before spending a whole lot of money.  It is built like a tank and has excellent optical quality.

But I have not seen much discussion here lately.  My scope was made in their Brea, CA facility before they started multiple moves.  I am not even sure where USO is located these days.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I think a lot of their stuff is foreign made now. I have no personal experience with them but I've read recent things about people not being fans of the glass quality.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:51:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Their foundation series is still good, I have an SN3 and a FDN-10X.    I purchased a  TS 3-12, what a disappointment, on 3x you need a magnifying glass to see the reticle which washes out with the least bit of light.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 5:16:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 77Bronc] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By deadmau5er:
I think a lot of their stuff is foreign made now. I have no personal experience with them but I've read recent things about people not being fans of the glass quality.
View Quote

With that being said, I understand about the quality of the glass.  When I got the scope 12 years ago, the quality to me was outstanding as I was used to cheaper scopes.  

But when you compare the $2000 I spent on the USO scope to my NF optics, there is no comparison, the NF blows them out of the water.

But as I stated in my OP, the USO construction is as solid as can be,  the knob feel and tactile clicks are outstanding.  It is a very well made scope

Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:51:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one of the old 1.5-6 scopes. The glass is outstanding and I can beat you to death with the scope and it will keep zero. Has a good useful FFL reticule with decent illumination . I had it on a AR now it’s mounted on a Ruger Gunsite rifle, makes a decent hunting rifle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top