Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2024 10:39:47 AM EDT
I've been legitimately blown away by how easy my Geissele REBCG is to clean. Even the bolt tail wipes down completely clean (I'm using TW25B as lubricant). That being said, I don't have a high round count on this BCG yet but at this point all my other BCGs already have carbon caked onto the boat tail.

Does it stay like this for extended round counts or does the finish start to give after a while? Anyone got photos of their DSL/Nanoweapon coated BCGs after significant use?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:10:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By deadmau5er:
I've been legitimately blown away by how easy my Geissele REBCG is to clean. Even the bolt tail wipes down completely clean (I'm using TW25B as lubricant). That being said, I don't have a high round count on this BCG yet but at this point all my other BCGs already have carbon caked onto the boat tail.

Does it stay like this for extended round counts or does the finish start to give after a while? Anyone got photos of their DSL/Nanoweapon coated BCGs after significant use?
View Quote

You are spot on about the REBCGs man! Have 2 Geissele's that shoot like a dream - triggers being best part of it too!

In one BCM I tried one of these suckers and if you think cleaning the REBCG is easy, this thing slips out of your hand while opening the box for first time, with zero oil!
Slickest BCG I've ever held and its taking a beating - sorry I dont have any dirty pics of it. I clean my gear the same day I fire them.

Cryptic Coatings
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 6:22:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DVCNick] [#2]
I also don't have a high round count on any single rebcg, but so far all I've seen is that they start to get shiny in the same spots as normal (as expected), but it doesn't seem to impact the carbon retention properties (or lack thereof).

In my opinion they are the best bcgs I've ever used.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 8:59:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Geissele Super Duty 14.5" rifle with 1650 rounds through it and another 16" SD with 1200. Not super high rounds counts, but the REBCGs still look new.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:51:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one in my sbr. It has about 2500 rounds on it. Has a few small wear spots but it is still  nice and slick.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 1:25:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:
I have a Geissele Super Duty 14.5" rifle with 1650 rounds through it and another 16" SD with 1200. Not super high rounds counts, but the REBCGs still look new.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By topgunpilot20:

Originally Posted By jhc:
I have one in my sbr. It has about 2500 rounds on it. Has a few small wear spots but it is still  nice and slick.

Awesome!! Are they still super easy to clean?

Have they been reliable?

I'm considering maybe swapping one of the BCGs in the ARs I put the most rounds through and seeing how it goes but my DD BCGs have been so ridiculously reliable that it's hard for me to do it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Personally I wouldn't bother spending the money to replace a high quality milspec BCG in an already built/properly running gun.
I'd just buy one and save it for the next build, or buy a complete Super Duty upper or rifle, they are awesome all around.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DVCNick:
Personally I wouldn't bother spending the money to replace a high quality milspec BCG in an already built/properly running gun.
I'd just buy one and save it for the next build, or buy a complete Super Duty upper or rifle, they are awesome all around.
View Quote

I only want to do it because the current rifle I have the REBCG in, doesn't get as much use. I kind of want to torture test it at the range.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#8]

I only want to do it because the current rifle I have the REBCG in, doesn't get as much use. I kind of want to torture test it at the range.
View Quote

I think I see a solution.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I have at least two Geissele REBCGs that individually have seen 20,000 round of use. I will post pictures of them tonight or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Awesome!! Are they still super easy to clean?

Have they been reliable?

View Quote

Yes and yes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 12:13:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dalle0001] [#11]
I don't think you'll find a high volume geissele rebcg. And if you do, I think it'll be so rare that it'll practically be a one off case as oppose the norm. Here's my rationale behind it.

1) People who spend money into a bcg are probably the very people worried their weapon will break so they'll try to baby it and use parts they believe will prolong it even though they'll never achieve that hypothetical rate.

2) People who shoot a lot are probably constantly changing their weapon such that they have a basic platform but they'll concentrate more on being able to shoot more than they would of prolonging individual parts. Why spend 350 bucks on a rebcg, when you can spend 200 bucks on a bcg that'll last the entire barrel's life cycle? And the worst thing you'll have to change out is the bolt and maybe some parts.

3) People who are into sports like 3gun or whatnot, are usually sponsored by a specific company and they'll have to use their product for the duration of their competition. They might be able to bring their own weapon but generally speaking a company will want them to use as much as their products as they can. So they're not going to take out a sponsor's item, swap it with a part they think is better, and potentially lose their sponsorship once they find out especially if it causes a controversy where people think their product is less.

With that said, I do have a premium bcg myself. A LMT's enhanced bcg and I've been shooting 1000s of rounds through it so far. I estimate last year I shot about 4k rounds out of it. What I learn is that it gets easier to clean just like a rebcg because eventually you'll smooth out the roughness in the bcg that causes carbon and other things to stick.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Reliable yes

Easy to clean yes

I got it on sale a couple of years ago and said why not. All my other rifles have microbest bcg in them. They all run fine also.
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 12:18:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Azalin:
I have at least two Geissele REBCGs that individually have seen 20,000 round of use. I will post pictures of them tonight or tomorrow.
View Quote

Yes!! That's awesome
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top