Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/2/2023 4:35:10 PM EDT
Just picked one up for Black Friday. Anyone have some rounds down range with it? Seems to be shorter than the LWRC UCIW setup.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd like to hear about this as well.  Please update when you get a chance to run it.  

I picked up a LWRC kit on closeout at a local shop a few years ago for $75 and really like it.  But at the current pricing, I would definitely look at the KAK set up.  The LWRC is $100 just for the tube, spring & buffer without an option to go heavier on the buffer.  I've thought about using the LWRC shorter buffer tube with a brace for a compact pistol build.  The KAK is cheaper, so I may do that on my next build.  I like CMMG's Rip Brace, but at $200, I can figure out another option.
Link Posted: 12/5/2023 9:14:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ihon:
I'd like to hear about this as well.  Please update when you get a chance to run it.  

I picked up a LWRC kit on closeout at a local shop a few years ago for $75 and really like it.  But at the current pricing, I would definitely look at the KAK set up.  The LWRC is $100 just for the tube, spring & buffer without an option to go heavier on the buffer.  I've thought about using the LWRC shorter buffer tube with a brace for a compact pistol build.  The KAK is cheaper, so I may do that on my next build.  I like CMMG's Rip Brace, but at $200, I can figure out another option.
View Quote

I installed it. It’s about 1/4” shorter than the LWRC tube. The KAK heavy buffer is the same as the UC2 my UCIW came with as it’s made from steel with tungsten buffer weight. That being said the spring is low quality in my opinion. It had a burr on the spring in the middle that cut me trying to push it in with the included tool. My buffer tube was unfinished on the bottom with tooling chatter marks. It would also bind when manually cycling the bolt. I added SOTAR siracha to it and it freed up some. It was making a scraping noise after a few mags. I reached out to KAK and they have RMAd it back for testing. It looked promising and may still pan out after they iron out the kinks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:18:50 AM EDT
[#3]
@Dodge223 how did this play out?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:45:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By spyderboy03:
@Dodge223 how did this play out?
View Quote

Sent me a new spring and buffer. The new spring was shorter and had file marks on the end of the closed loops. I’m wondering if they just cut it down. I reached back out and was told they don’t make their springs in house. They just sent a return label and said send it all back for a refund. Apparently I’m not their type of customer. I still have it as I haven’t had the time to buy a replacement end plate and tube setup yet.

“Caveat Emptor”
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Dodge223:

Sent me a new spring and buffer. The new spring was shorter and had file marks on the end of the closed loops. I'm wondering if they just cut it down. I reached back out and was told they don't make their springs in house. They just sent a return label and said send it all back for a refund. Apparently I'm not their type of customer. I still have it as I haven't had the time to buy a replacement end plate and tube setup yet.

"Caveat Emptor"
View Quote
Thanks! I'll stick with LWRC if I stay short on this build.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine seems okay.  I'm hoping to go out this coming week and test it out.  

I'm adding the complication of running it on a Desert Tech Quatrro-15 quad stack lower.  I'll take multiple uppers as well, but I have an Adams Arms 7.5" piston upper.  So I'm really stacking the deck against myself.

Link Posted: 3/30/2024 9:32:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By ihon:
Mine seems okay.  I'm hoping to go out this coming week and test it out.  

I'm adding the complication of running it on a Desert Tech Quatrro-15 quad stack lower.  I'll take multiple uppers as well, but I have an Adams Arms 7.5" piston upper.  So I'm really stacking the deck against myself.

View Quote

That lower looks sick!
Needs an FRT...
Link Posted: 3/31/2024 1:06:40 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ve got one too on a .300blk. I just wish I could make the buffer heavier for suppressed supers (and I went with the H).
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top