Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2024 4:55:18 PM EDT
I have Magpul/Lancer/GI mags for "serious" purposes, but has anyone tried the Amend2 mags as far as functionality? They offer some interesting specialty designs and colors.

I just bought a couple of their glow-in-the-dark mags to use with my PSA "Ghost Gun" lower. I wouldn't expect them to hold up to extensive use, but I'll be happy if they function reliably.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 5:30:46 PM EDT
[#1]
the 9mm  stick mags hold up well, no knowledge of the ar mags
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]
.223 and 5.56 may be be ok but the two 6.5 grendel mags I have are not.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:13:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I was given two in a private sale, one dumped half a mag when I dropped it at the range. That one was painted red and thrown in the “range use only pile”, the other one was still in the plastic so I just threw it in the back of the safe.

In my limited experience they are okay for range use.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:25:24 PM EDT
[#4]
They are straight garbage.  Feed lips spreading out.  Wont fit in the magwell.  Rounds fucking falling out of the mags all willy nilly.
Absolute horse shit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I had some of the first generation and they not only swelled when left loaded for a couple years, the actually dumped have the rounds out. I ended throwing them all in the garbage. I understand they are significantly better now so who knows?
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:41:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I had 2 of them in 6.5

straight garbage
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 10:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I just gave away 10 223/5.56 mags . They were unable to run a single mag without failures.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]
The Amend 2 guys don't even use their own mags on the range.   Every time I see them they run Pmags.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JHans7663:
The Amend 2 guys don't even use their own mags on the range.   Every time I see them they run Pmags.
View Quote

Ouch!
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 12:22:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: etslick] [#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JHans7663:
View Quote

I mean that says everything.
I wouldn’t buy them if they were more than $5 but the ones i used worked well enough for range use.
If i got one for free i would use it until it breaks. So like 2 weeks maybe?
ETA I give them credit for making large capacity mags as a statement. Could use better execution.
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#11]
They are okay, but with pmags, Lancers, and D&H available, there's no real reason to get them. ETS gets a lot of grief for their Glock mags, but their AR mags work well for the most part. And they're not expensive.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top