Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/16/2024 8:30:30 AM EDT
Does anyone have one?   I just saw this the other day and can't find very much info yet.  It looks pretty stout and hard.  The versatility of the accessory mounting on the front is awesome with multiple mounting locations and heights.  Approximate cost for mount, front accessory cap, and plate is around four bills.

I'm wondering about the weight and overall like/dislike.

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 9:20:51 AM EDT
[#1]
It's a Trijicon branded Alamo Four Star mount.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 3:33:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty sure that's 6000 series aluminium, and not 7000 series like reptilia or geissele.
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 5:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Absolutely no help, but WTF? That's their promo picture?
Don't get me wrong. I like trijicon, but really?
Link Posted: 3/17/2024 12:19:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Stowe:
Absolutely no help, but WTF? That's their promo picture?
Don't get me wrong. I like trijicon, but really? https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/409494/1000005127-3160821.jpg
View Quote

$400
I KNOW WHAT I HAVE
NO LOW BALLERS
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:19:29 AM EDT
[#5]
It gives the impression of being rather...... unrefined.

And they thought that taking a pic of it with rusty loose bolts would help sales?!?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:

And they thought that taking a pic of it with rusty loose bolts would help sales?!?
View Quote

Years ago when recoil magazine tested return to zero this design (Alamo four star) was in second place for rtz.

First being bobro but those break apparently.

If they kept the overall standard of quality that A4* maintained these should be rock solid mounts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:43:20 PM EDT
[#7]
At that price and with the apparent lack of refinement, I'm not sure how Trijicon expects that to compete with Badger Ordinance or Geiselle's similar mounts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:31:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By AbstractIdeas:

Years ago when recoil magazine tested return to zero this design (Alamo four star) was in second place for rtz.

If they kept the overall standard of quality that A4* maintained these should be rock solid mounts.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AbstractIdeas:
Originally Posted By GySgt_D:

I know people here say their Bobros have broken. I don’t doubt that. But it’s the internet. Everything has been reported to break on the internet. Population size and all that. I’ve owned a bunch of bobros over the years and they’ve all worked great. They’re not my favorite, but they’ve been nothing but great mounts for me. I’ve owned both recoil lug designs.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:47:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By matt33:
At that price and with the apparent lack of refinement, I'm not sure how Trijicon expects that to compete with Badger Ordinance or Geiselle's similar mounts.
View Quote

Brand. People love to love Trijicon. They could sell dog shit in a brown paper bag with their logo on it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top