Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2024 11:43:26 PM EDT
I'm building an upper on a $500 budget for my friend and he wants an AMBI charging handle. I only use the raptor and have 0 experience with any other brand. I'm looking at throwing the Breek Arms Warhammer or the Strike Industries T-Bone on there since they're over half the price of the Radian Raptor. Anyone have experience with these? Are they reliable? Will they break easily? Is there a better cheaper one out there?
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 11:48:30 PM EDT
[#1]
No personal experience.  However, I’ve seen so many posts that the Breek breaks for a significant portion of users, but they are good about replacing them.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:00:59 AM EDT
[#2]
The Warhammer is a great option but I have no first hand experience with it.

I can recommend the PSA ambi CH, I have it on my PSA rifle. It reminds me of the feel of the Raptor, though it looks a little different.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-custom-ar15-ambidextrous-charging-handle.html
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought a $12 ambi CH from KM tactical on a whim when ordering other stuff. It's in my SFAR with less than 100 rounds since I started the try out, no problems so far.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:06:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WrenchGuy] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sbird:
I bought a $12 ambi CH from KM tactical on a whim when ordering other stuff. It's in my SFAR with less than 100 rounds since I started the try out, no problems so far.
View Quote

I didn't see any cheap ambi CH there, but they do have the Warhammer for $40.

https://kmtactical.net/product/breek-arms-warhammer-mod-2-ambi-charging-handle/
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:04:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: funnelcake] [#5]
IMO the Warhammer "handles" are too thin & the latch isn't well designed e.g. the way it hooks into the receiver recess.  To me the Seekins ambi is definitely better.

ETA - Every Strike Industries part I've ever used has been well done.  Have not used their ambi charging handle though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:21:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: -OdieGreen-] [#6]
If you get a Breek make sure it’s a Gen 2. The Gen 1 was the one that always broke.

I have one but the gun it’s in has under a thousand rounds. Hard to speak to durability with how low use of a part it is. I do like the lower profile handle. Much easier to grab onto when using a magnified optic.

I had a Strike Industries one ages ago. It was fine but I sold the rifle to a buddy who later had problems with it. I don’t remember what they were.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:37:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MeatBag] [#7]
You can often get a Radian "blem (couldn't find any blem)" for around $50.

BCM has a blem for $60 right now. I'm not sure just how large the "large" latches are, though.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 1:44:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 8:27:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: sbird] [#9]
Originally Posted By WrenchGuy:

View Quote

My bad, it was $17 and was purchased the end  of December. Part number CH-AMBI on my invoice. It's not showing on a search.

https://kmtactical.net/search/keyword/CH-AMBI/search-in/product/cat-in/all/search-other/product,p_sku
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 11:43:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 12:27:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Stowe] [#11]
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-custom-ar15-ambidextrous-charging-handle.html

I've never used one, but I wouldn't have a lot of faith in anything cheaper and if there was an issue with it you know PSA will make it right.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#12]
About 500 rounds with my Warhammer, so far so good.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:36:44 PM EDT
[#14]

There's so much wrong there
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

View Quote

Are those the infamous Stag ones?

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:29:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Sajer:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TGWLDR:

No idea as I didn't click the link because DTT.

But 2 things are certain:

•A quality ambi CH cannot be had for $13.
And...
• DTT (and their umbrella distributors) are a shady piece of shit vendor.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:48:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#17]
Originally Posted By funnelcake:
IMO the Warhammer "handles" are too thin & the latch isn't well designed e.g. the way it hooks into the receiver recess.  To me the Seekins ambi is definitely better.

ETA - Every Strike Industries part I've ever used has been well done.  Have not used their ambi charging handle though.
View Quote

Strike Industries latches will lay your finger open if you slip.  The edges are sharp as fuck, unless they finally listened to complaints. I did a one hand charge on a PCR which is commonly done with a rifle that has no LRBHO.  It ripped me and left me bloody.  This is still on their website, buyer beware.  I fixed all of mine with a file.  

Brownells had an insane deal on the Warhammer in the past and I bought several.  Not as nice as the Gucci brands, but a good piece of gear.

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:09:46 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

It doesn't tell you. It just says they have  bunch of random charging handles. If you order one they'll send you SOMETHING, but they don't know exactly what.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:36:09 PM EDT
[#19]
OP I’ve used breeks, tbones, and raptors. Raptors are king but I would go with the Breek over the tbone. Just be sure it’s a gen two. I’ve never had any issues with them. The tbones are latchless and I have had a few receivers that didn’t like them, regardless of how they were adjusted. The one plus for the tbone is the ability to redirect gas away from the shooter
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:47:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Big-Bore] [#20]
BCM 3x3 blem, $59.
link

I have over a dozen of them and zero complaints.  I’ve never gotten even a slight puff to the face when shooting and the levers are not too large either.

In fact, I just ordered two more a minute ago.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:07:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CouchCommando22] [#21]
Don’t cheap out with a Chinese charging handle just because it is ambi. You get what you pay for. I would rather have a forged 7075 standard Mil spec charging handle than a cheap Chinese charging handle you are taking a gamble on. BTW, I am referring to the $20 Raptor ripoffs.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Big-Bore:
BCM 3x3 blem, $59.
link

I have over a dozen of them and zero complaints.  I’ve never gotten even a slight puff to the face when shooting and the levers are not too large either.
View Quote

This is solid advice.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:58:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#23]
Originally Posted By WrenchGuy:

View Quote

They used to sell an exact rip of the Raptor. Same cuts, same design. I think they got pp slapped for copyright infringement or something cuz it disappeared and was replaced with this thing:

I snagged 2 of those Raptor clones that've run strong ever since. but the new one is pretty trash, the roll pins fell out and it fell apart.

Now I just use a real Raptor, but while KMT was running that, you could get a raptor clone for sub 20 bucks.

Granted this was over 5 years ago. Dunno now.

ETA: Yeah, its gone

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top