Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2024 5:34:44 PM EDT
Hello,  I am building an Armalite AR-10a upper and lower.  I have scrounged together all of the parts I need but the 18tpi barrel nut is hard to find.  Does anyone know where I can buy a 18tpi AR-10 barrel nut?  I bought the DP-10 upper build kit which included the hard to find Delta ring assembly but the included barrel nut is 16TPI.  

I read through some forums and got some knowledge but I still can't find the proper barrel nut.  The barrel nut needs to be able to accommodate the delta ring assembly.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 11:47:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: borderpatrol] [#1]
Contact Armalite.

Not all AR-10 rifles parts are compatible with each other. Isn't DP-10 a KAC style part? If so, it probably won't work with an Armalite receiver set. Other's will join in shortly to correct me if needed.
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 12:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I just looked at the all usual suspects (Numrich, all gun parts, etc.) and can’t find one for a delta ringe. I would call Armalite if you can. Even though they link directly to all-gun-parts, they may have another source if you call them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2024 2:34:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you, I put a call into armalite.  Hopefully they get back to me.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 11:19:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Any luck with contacting Armalite about sourcing a AR-10B standard barrel nut? I am also looking for one.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 5:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Armalite contacted me this morning.  They are working with EveryGunPart.com to see if they can find one.   I also emailed GorillaMachining.com and asked them if they have any.  Armalite is calling around and trying to source one.  I thought that was excellent customer service.   I'll post if I can find one.  I'll try to buy a few.  

Rob
Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:10:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I found a guy who has a bunch of NOS Aramlite parts including a bunch of barrel nuts, handguards, an AR-10b carry handle upper, and a bunch of other parts.  DM for his info
Link Posted: 2/22/2024 6:46:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SmegHead] [#7]
Link Posted: 2/24/2024 12:32:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SmegHead:
Standard ArmaLite BBL nut….EA1149
View Quote

Thank you, this.

EGP is now the exclusive spare parts provider of all things Armalite OEM.
Link Posted: 2/25/2024 4:00:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats awesome, this wasn't listed before so I think Armalite fixed the issue.  So glad to have a supply of these.
Link Posted: 3/5/2024 2:08:51 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

No longer listed on their website.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 12:53:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TheWizardofWoz:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TheWizardofWoz:

They probably put it up so OP could buy it. They don't seem to have any depth of inventory.
Link Posted: 3/20/2024 11:21:54 AM EDT
[#12]
On a related topic, are the generic AR-10 Delta Ring Assembly kits  (delta ring, weld spring and snap ring) advertised by places like Midwest Gun Works, Palmetto State Armory and others compatible with a Armalite AR10B A2 rifle. Every Gun Part list an OEM kit but from the picture I cannot tell if the Delta ring is straight walled or tapered.
Link Posted: 3/21/2024 1:38:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bfoosh06] [#13]
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 4:46:15 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought mine from Armalite a couple years back and had no issue, and had no issue getting a second when the first was damaged in shipping.
Link Posted: 3/23/2024 2:33:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By jos51700:
I bought mine from Armalite a couple years back and had no issue, and had no issue getting a second when the first was damaged in shipping.
View Quote

Well they decided they don't want to sell parts now
Link Posted: 4/1/2024 11:02:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheWizardofWoz] [#16]
Update on my search for a delta ring, weld spring and snap ring for my Armalite AR-10B A2. I ordered the delta ring kit from Every Gun Part and after the package visited every FedEx center in the US (10 day to go from Henderson, NV to Colorado Springs, CO) I got it. The parts are exactly like the ones on my rifle. If you need the delta ring, weld spring and snap ring for a AR-10B A2 Every Gun Part is the place to go.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 6:12:56 AM EDT
[#17]
I ordered a couple of things from them as well.  Five days to get to ohio.  FedEx is, well, FedEx.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top