Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2024 11:30:49 AM EDT
I'm building a .308 AR10. I have scored numerous parts on clearance over the past few months, so I'm about $800 in and almost functioning. It's an Aero M5e1 lower and upper. I scored the upper complete with a 16" barrel and adjustable gas block for $400. So it's been fun to work on so far. I'm waiting on the trigger to be delivered, then I should be able to test fire and tune the gas.

I have a Huxwrx Ventum suppressor to use with this and other rifles. It's got a HUB (bravo) mount pattern. Question: What would you do for muzzle device?  I have an AK with a JMAC custom brake with a hub thread pattern so I can put the suppressor directly on and save weight without using any other means... but I'm wondering if I went the wrong way. For the AR10, would you get a brake/flash hider (like the JMACs) with an integral HUB thread pattern and attach the suppressor directly? Or would it be better to get some QD option for the suppressor like an ASR mount, then get muzzle devices for the AK and AR-10 that QD?
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/13/2024 1:03:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for that, I posted it there. If any admin reads this, you can kill this thread.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top