Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2024 12:57:39 PM EDT
Does anyone make a AR pistol in 357 Sig with a 10.5” barrel?
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 7:19:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless you reload I'd pass. A Speer rep told us at a match that they were dropping the caliber unless it was special ordered, and would be on limited runs. Most LEO are dropping due to this. The largest agency here in NC is transitioning to 9mm this year.

That said, I love the caliber and looked for a PCC a few years ago but could not find one, so I gave up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:35:52 AM EDT
[#2]
That’s good info from Speer. I have a lot of ammo. That’s one of the reasons I was wanting to try this.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]
except for smaller mags, how is a 357sig ar pistol any better than 300blk ar pistol?  

just curious.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By racer765:
except for smaller mags, how is a 357sig ar pistol any better than 300blk ar pistol?  

just curious.
View Quote

It’s probably not. I have ar pistols in 556/223, 300blk, 9mm and 22lr. I have gotten to where I mostly carry a 31 Glock in 357 Sig. I like the caliber and have amassed a lot of 357 Sig ammo.

I know you can duplicate it with 9mm+p+ and also have more capacity. Heck I watched a video from Australia where a guy had a pump ar in 308. Now I’m kinda wanting one of those.
It’s just a want thing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I swear I've seen one but can't remember what it was. I don't know how it would handle blowback but any gun that has a 40 and 9 option you might be able to figure it out. 40 bolt and a 9mm barrel reamed to 357 Sig.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FatCat1:

It’s probably not. I have ar pistols in 556/223, 300blk, 9mm and 22lr. I have gotten to where I mostly carry a 31 Glock in 357 Sig. I like the caliber and have amassed a lot of 357 Sig ammo.

I know you can duplicate it with 9mm+p+ and also have more capacity. Heck I watched a video from Australia where a guy had a pump ar in 308. Now I’m kinda wanting one of those.
It’s just a want thing.
View Quote

I built a  vf500f racebike back in the day because "I wanted to" so I get it.  

sounds doable.

get a Glock mag lower for .40sw, build an upper with a 9mm barrel, have a gunsmith ream it for 357sig, enjoy your unicorn.  

my unicorn has been in a storage unit for 23 years, I get it.  

this is America, all you need to say is "because I want to and it's my money"

just post pics and results for the rest of us to enjoy...
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 1:39:31 AM EDT
[#7]

I built a  vf500f racebike back in the day because "I wanted to" so I get it.  

sounds doable.

get a Glock mag lower for .40sw, build an upper with a 9mm barrel, have a gunsmith ream it for 357sig, enjoy your unicorn.  

my unicorn has been in a storage unit for 23 years, I get it.  

this is America, all you need to say is "because I want to and it's my money"

just post pics and results for the rest of us to enjoy...
View Quote

Is a 40 lower different than 9? I didn’t think so. Maybe an ejector setup or something? Needs a 40 bolt.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/29/2024 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]

just curious.
View Quote

Some people like variety
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Have built a few over the years.
Rechambered 9mm barrel with 40 carrier and a dampened captured buffer system if you are going straight blowback. Just a heavier buffer does not fix the cycling issues.
Had the best cycling luck with 6.5” to 8.5” barrels.
Couldn’t keep the ejection gasses down with 10” and longer barrels.

I tried one of the DI uppers and could not get it to time well with a BFSIII. But that could have just been my arthritis.

Hope this helps and good luck.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#11]

From the above link:  “PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO NATURE OF THE PRODUCT AND VAST MAJORITY OF AMMO AVAILABLE, MORIARTI CANNOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS PERFORMANCE OF 357 SIG WITH PERSONAL DEFENSE AMMUNITION INCLUDING HOLLOW POINT AND RELOADS.”

I don’t know about anyone else, but their own disclaimer does not inspire much confidence in me.
Link Posted: 3/11/2024 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Big-Bore:

From the above link:  “PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO NATURE OF THE PRODUCT AND VAST MAJORITY OF AMMO AVAILABLE, MORIARTI CANNOT GUARANTEE CONTINUOUS PERFORMANCE OF 357 SIG WITH PERSONAL DEFENSE AMMUNITION INCLUDING HOLLOW POINT AND RELOADS.”

I don’t know about anyone else, but their own disclaimer does not inspire much confidence in me.
View Quote

Ya, that's a big red flag for me as well.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top