Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
300 Blackout Picture thread (Page 18 of 52)
Page / 52
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#1]
what upper is that?
Link Posted: 8/26/2013 2:12:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By amedeo1227:
what upper is that?
View Quote

Spikes factory pistol turned SBR.  8.1 spiral fluted barrel, detent adj gas block, 7" bar rail, 1/8 twist.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Noveske 8.2" with SDN6.
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:33:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's my latest. 300BLK

Rock River lower
Rogue Defense upper
Troy rail 13" fde
Rainier arms SS 14.5" barrel
Fail zero NiB bcg
AAC flash
American defense qr scope mount
Vortex PST 1-4
Magpul plus grip
Magpul hand stop
Magpul buis
Magpul moe stock
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 12:44:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/11/2013 9:35:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Setup for HD... wish I had a can, but subs without the can will have to do for now

apologies
for the blurry pics... not enough light in the room to take a good pic
at 9:15 PM.  It's only around 20" long with the stock folded, btw, so
it'll fit in a lot of backpacks.

Link Posted: 9/11/2013 11:45:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By rob99rt:
Setup for HD... wish I had a can, but subs without the can will have to do for now

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r235/rob99rt/20130911_212034_zps0180a42d.jpg

apologies for the blurry pics... not enough light in the room to take a good pic at 9:15 PM.  It's only around 20" long with the stock folded, btw, so it'll fit in a lot of backpacks.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r235/rob99rt/20130911_212120_zps7318a932.jpg  
View Quote

I would recommend some supers for hd if you're not running a can, ideally some Barnes black tips.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:45:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 70satvert:

I would recommend some supers for hd if you're not running a can, ideally some Barnes black tips.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

apologies for the blurry pics... not enough light in the room to take a good pic at 9:15 PM.  It's only around 20" long with the stock folded, btw, so it'll fit in a lot of backpacks.

that's what I have a spare mag loaded up with in the top drawer of the nightstand next to me. question, though. . The supers are a lot louder than the subs, so why would you recommend those inside the house without the can? Just curious. .. I kind of like what I have left of my hearing. even though it's not great anymore.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:19:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bkpkr] [#9]

that's what I have a spare mag loaded up with in the top drawer of the nightstand next to me. question, though. . The supers are a lot louder than the subs, so why would you recommend those inside the house without the can? Just curious. .. I kind of like what I have left of my hearing. even though it's not great anymore.

View All Quotes

Have you shot them side by side unsuppressed? The diffenernce in sound is negligible in my experience. The Barnes are a much more effective round. If I were in an hd situation I would rather have the better performing bullet instead of the one that may be possibly slightly quieter. Nice rifle by the way.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 7:49:35 AM EDT
[#10]

Have you shot them side by side unsuppressed? The diffenernce in sound is negligible in my experience. The Barnes are a much more effective round. If I were in an hd situation I would rather have the better performing bullet instead of the one that may be possibly slightly quieter. Nice rifle by the way.
View All Quotes

I have shot them side by side unsuppressed and there is substantial difference between the two. A subsonic 26K pop vrs a supersonic 50K bang. Load up the subs with Lehigh Defense 194gr ME's and don't worry about the sub expanding properly in a HD environment.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 1:26:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By talonxracer:

I have shot them side by side unsuppressed and there is substantial difference between the two. A subsonic 26K pop vrs a supersonic 50K bang. Load up the subs with Lehigh Defense 194gr ME's and don't worry about the sub expanding properly in a HD environment.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By talonxracer:

This ^

I would use suppressed subsonic rounds for HD as well.  That said, they would absolutely be of the expanding subsonic (read exspensive) variety.

No way I would use something like a subsonic 220gr SMK indoors.

Ideally, you just cannot beat the Barnes 110gr for HD use.  Everyone agrees, they work.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 4:26:05 PM EDT
[#12]

Originally Posted By AlphaOperator:

This ^

I would use suppressed subsonic rounds for HD as well.  That said, they would absolutely be of the expanding subsonic (read exspensive) variety.

Ideally, you just cannot beat the Barnes 110gr for HD use.  Everyone agrees, they work.
View Quote

I'd love to shoot them suppressed inside, but I don't have a .30 cal can.. only a .223 can.  I did have the SBR sitting there with the 11.5" barrel and can on it, but figured that the noise level would be comparable with the 300 blackout subs unsuppressed in such a small room.  Plus, it's a lot easier to swing around being so short.

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#13]

I'd love to shoot them suppressed inside, but I don't have a .30 cal can.. only a .223 can.  I did have the SBR sitting there with the 11.5" barrel and can on it, but figured that the noise level would be comparable with the 300 blackout subs unsuppressed in such a small room.  Plus, it's a lot easier to swing around being so short.

View All Quotes

This ^

A .300 subsonic is basically a  7.62 diameter .45 ACP with a great BC.  Pretty much any supersonic centerfire rifle round is going to dominate it in terms of terminal ballistics.  Even something like the 208gr AMAX leaves a gel track like a modern defesive pistol ammo round.  The Lehigh stuff looks interesting but I've read some people can't get it to feed in ARs.

Anyway - a 75/77gr .223, a 110gr .300 - all of those are going to be more effective than a .300 subsonic.  And while the 110gr TSX will definitely get the job done, I think it penetrates like 18-21" of gel, which is over the FBI recommended maximum.  The 110gr VMAX penetrates a lot less gel but looks to be on the short side of the FBI 12" minimum.

Personally, if I am firing a gun in my house , I want whoever I am shooting at to feel like I am hurling thunderbolts at him - flash, noise, etc.  I want my neighbors to hear it as well.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 6:04:57 PM EDT
[#14]
picture thread, people... picture thread!
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 9:26:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 9/12/2013 11:53:35 PM EDT
[#16]
7.5" & 16" builds

Link Posted: 9/13/2013 12:24:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

A .300 subsonic is basically a  7.62 diameter .45 ACP with a great BC.  Pretty much any supersonic centerfire rifle round is going to dominate it in terms of terminal ballistics.  Even something like the 208gr AMAX leaves a gel track like a modern defesive pistol ammo round.  The Lehigh stuff looks interesting but I've read some people can't get it to feed in ARs.

Anyway - a 75/77gr .223, a 110gr .300 - all of those are going to be more effective than a .300 subsonic.  And while the 110gr TSX will definitely get the job done, I think it penetrates like 18-21" of gel, which is over the FBI recommended maximum.  The 110gr VMAX penetrates a lot less gel but looks to be on the short side of the FBI 12" minimum.

Personally, if I am firing a gun in my house , I want whoever I am shooting at to feel like I am hurling thunderbolts at him - flash, noise, etc.  I want my neighbors to hear it as well.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bartholomew_Roberts:

This ^

I'm picking up what you're putting down.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 8:41:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Just need to get a Hand Guard and ammo.  Here is the teaser photo.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 2:14:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 1:40:38 PM EDT
[#22]

That is awesome. I love the shrouded can.
Link Posted: 9/14/2013 11:09:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By dogface_313:

View All Quotes

i just got back from my class 3 dealers house he has a range set up in his back yard we dialed in the the acog and ran some rounds through it he has different size steel plates set up at different distances he was in aww with this rifle it was pounding the targets he had the biggest shit eating grin
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 2:00:47 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By kissmy300blkbrass:
i just got back from my class 3 dealers house he has a range set up in his back yard we dialed in the the acog and ran some rounds through it he has different size steel plates set up at different distances he was in aww with this rifle it was pounding the targets he had the biggest shit eating grin
View All Quotes

What size plates did you use?  How far did you stretch it out?

Link Posted: 9/15/2013 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 8:04:00 PM EDT
[#26]
My latest configuration

Link Posted: 9/15/2013 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Gotta love the blackout
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#28]

So are those Magpul sights worth the money or are they overpriced? I'd look more into them if they were spring loaded, but still wouldn't like the $147.50 price tag on the set.
Link Posted: 9/15/2013 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Poppy83:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Poppy83:

He has some 20" round plates all the way down to some 4" round plates from 10 yards out to 100 yards. Different sizes placed randomly at different distances. I mainly built this rifle for 0-100 yards but I'd have no problem stretching it out the 300 BLK acog is spot on and extremely easy to get on target.
Link Posted: 9/16/2013 10:25:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: uvausmc] [#30]

Link Posted: 9/19/2013 7:28:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/19/2013 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By chevcamo:

So are those Magpul sights worth the money or are they overpriced? I'd look more into them if they were spring loaded, but still wouldn't like the $147.50 price tag on the set.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By chevcamo:

I like them a lot so far.  I haven't be able to shoot with them yet but hope to rectify that this weekend.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 7:01:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Completed the build today. Here it is on my SBR lower. Still have a long wait for my YHM Ti 7.62 suppressor.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 8:48:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Mahamotorworks:
Completed the build today. Here it is on my SBR lower. Still have a long wait for my YHM Ti 7.62 suppressor.

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k158/Mahamotorworks/null_zps5a47362a.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k158/Mahamotorworks/null_zps7755c9b4.jpg

MAHA
View Quote

Congrats on getting the upper done.  I have to ask though, is the 762 Brake canted a little?
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 10:08:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Not in the first pic. Maybe wasnt fully installed in the second?
Link Posted: 9/22/2013 11:31:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Not in the first pic. Maybe wasnt fully installed in the second?
View Quote

2nd pic was just the mock up. I have been debating on this rail and a YHM that have on another rifle. So I mocked it up to look at it.

MAHA
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 1:46:06 AM EDT
[#37]

Details on the upper please.
Link Posted: 9/23/2013 5:54:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By argolfer:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By argolfer:

Noveske Upper
Noveske 10.2 barrel
Centurion C4 9 inch rail
BCM Charging handle and BCG
MBUS pro's
Tango Down Scar panels
Surefire Mini-7.62

Link Posted: 9/23/2013 5:41:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Got my stamp today!

Shout out to LMTRocks for the assist on choosing the handguard; the Noveske 8.2" and Troy 7.6" fit perfectly!

I will put an NEA compact carbine stock on it as soon as I get a new BCM lower next year for my 5.56 fightin' gun.
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 6:44:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rock501] [#40]

Link Posted: 9/26/2013 8:56:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Rock501:

http://imageshack.us/a/img854/1512/ru8i.jpg
View Quote

Wow!
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 9:58:24 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

This is damn sexy - i've seen the stock before too somewhere
Link Posted: 9/26/2013 10:32:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rock501] [#43]
Originally Posted By Sir_Peter:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sir_Peter:

Originally Posted By saabdrifter:

Wow!

lol awwww you guys

for stats just for those who care.....here are the fancy parts

BADASS

Geissele SD trigger

Troy Ambi Charging handle (it was sold to me for less than the dealer paid for it....)

Norgon Ambi Mag release

and an Ergo grip.

Up top I have a SS match grade barrel

Geissele low pro gas block (ask me about this !ugh!)

PWS CQB comp and a KAC 8.5 URX III

Other than that Its just a stamped lower with a regular forged upper. Lower parts kit was DD but most of it isnt there anymore lol
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 11:21:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Uuuugh.  I really need to pick up a BCM lower so I can throw one of those NEA stocks on mine - it would look BADASS and fit nicely under my softshell in the winter...
Link Posted: 9/27/2013 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

bad ass approved
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#46]
I like 501
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 2:36:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: follybeacher] [#47]
I ordered one of those compact stocks from that Canadian company... with that said, how long do you think it will be till it delivers? speculate and humor me

eta: I guess I need a photo, suppressed 8"blk over soy beans

Link Posted: 9/30/2013 4:27:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I have waited probably 6 weeks if not longer for that Canadian company.

Perhaps I will get a Merry Christmas?
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 6:48:14 PM EDT
[#49]
It took around 8 weeks if I remember correctly.
Link Posted: 10/2/2013 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By BadSVT:
My latest configuration

http://aggunner.com/pictures/ar/new/300blk.jpg
View Quote

Please tell me that is a SDN-6 under there, what barrel and hand guard? I want to do exactly this
Page / 52
300 Blackout Picture thread (Page 18 of 52)
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top