Posted: 11/14/2023 10:01:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0]
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Japanese glass?

Warranty?
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:27:31 PM EDT
[#2]
It's the Stargate Reticle! Interested to see how this stacks up to other 1-8x options in use.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:32:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Is it manufactured by LOW?

Can you post pictures of the reticle at 1x and at 8x?
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 12:37:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: VeritatisUnus] [#4]
In for answers…

Who makes it? Weight? Daylight bright? Off settings between illumination settings?
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 9:41:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: goer001] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By VeritatisUnus:
In for answers

Who makes it? Weight? Daylight bright? Off settings between illumination settings?
View Quote
I zoomed in on the pic and it does not look like it has off settings in between the brightness settings.
And more specs from the manual. Looks like the big selling point is the reticle, if they really wanted to impress us, they would make a dual focal plane in 1-8 at this price. Hope it turn out to be a solid optic, there is a lot of competition here already.

SPECIFICATIONS
FAILURE TO READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS MANUAL
PRIOR TO USE MAY RESULT IN INJURY OR DAMAGE
Model 1-8ICO-COR
Magnification 1-8x
Objective Diameter 24mm
Eye Relief 100mm (3.94 in)
Field of View (Degrees) 23  - 2.9  (1X - 8X)
Field of View (m/100m) 41m - 5m
Field of View (feet/100yds) 122ft - 15ft
Tube Size 30mm
Adjustment Graduation 1/10th MIL
Max Elevation Adjustment  29MIL
Max Windage Adjustment  29MIL
Dioptric Fast Adjust    2 Diopters
Parallax Setting Fixed @ 150yds
Turret Style Low-Capped
Focal Plane First Focal Plane (FFP)
Reticle Glass-Etched ICO  - MIL
Illumination 11 Levels (Red or Green available)
Length 280mm (11.0 in)
Weight 550g (19.4oz)

Link Posted: 11/15/2023 3:28:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#6]
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#7]
By "Asian manufactured" does that mean the Philippines?
Link Posted: 11/17/2023 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SEAN10MM:
By "Asian manufactured" does that mean the Philippines?
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:36:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#9]
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 11:48:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Green0:
The optic is asian manufactured.  We sent LOW an e-mail a year ago when these projects started and they sent us a "message received" response, but never replied to the inquiry.  

We were having trouble finding anything FFP with a highly functional reticle in the entire firearms optical industry to sell.  The economy is not doing well, consumers don't have a lot of money to spend.  The big name brand optics are vicinity of $2000-$2500 and I really don't understand why they have to cost this kind of money.  I think a lot of that is over-blown, and I don't think consumers should have to spend $2500 to get a decent carbine LPVO.  

The illumination has one off position, there are not off positions between positions.  Position 11 is visible outside in daylight, but I'm not sure this meets daytime bright for people wanting to operate the optic like a reflex sight.  

The warranty is 2 years electronics and lifetime mechanical, here is the verbiage from the manual:

"
OPTIC PRODUCT LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
Griffin Armament will repair or
replace free of charge any optical product we manufacture for 2 years
(electronics) and lifetime for mechanical. This warranty is unlimited
in duration and covers at Griffin Armament’s sole discretion, service,
repair, and/or replacement of damaged products caused by normal use.
Any repair not covered by the warranty will be billed at a maximum of
30% of current MSRP for a comparable optical product

LIMITATIONS:
Griffin Armament’s warranty does not cover loss, normal wear,
damage to our product or the host weapon system resulting in whole
or in part from abusive or negligent use, unauthorized modifications, or
neglect. Finish wear is cosmetic and is not covered by this warranty. Any
repairs to the unit made necessary by the above mentioned factors may
be invoiced to the owner at a maximum of 30% of current MSRP for the
most comparable product. In all cases refer to the product manual for
product limitations prior to using a Griffin Armament product. Warranty
is subject to change without notice. "

This means you have a 17 year industry company behind the product, so not only are you getting a quality product at a great price, but you are also getting a warranty from a company that is long established. That is a significant value in itself.  

There will be a mount bundle available as an introductory offer, and it will be MSRP for the optic, including a free Wisconsin manufactured, Griffin patent cantilever modular scope mount in 1.425" AR sight height.  
View Quote

Ok, so it’s built somewhere near or on the largest continent in the world. That really narrows it down.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:03:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Send it to SuperSetCa!!!

Love those guys

I also love all the Griffin stuff I have
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 12:04:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I bet it’s as good as the Geissele optic.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 10:27:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By thedownzero:
I bet it’s as good as the Geissele optic.
View Quote

When manufacturers give vague answers to simple questions I’m immediately turned off.
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 6:18:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#14]
Link Posted: 12/2/2023 7:46:29 PM EDT
[#15]
No product is right for everyone.   I think the lpvo will need reviews because people will probably want to see it in use and hear third party opinions before they buy.  I believe Barrel and Hatchet has one.

A few hundred of the dot sights sold, and this really nice video of unboxing popped up from a channel that bought one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP3vAI0sdWw
View Quote

So where is this made?
Link Posted: 12/6/2023 11:46:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:

So where is this made?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 45-Seventy:
No product is right for everyone.   I think the lpvo will need reviews because people will probably want to see it in use and hear third party opinions before they buy.  I believe Barrel and Hatchet has one.

A few hundred of the dot sights sold, and this really nice video of unboxing popped up from a channel that bought one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP3vAI0sdWw

So where is this made?

I'm guessing at that price it is China made, and maybe at or near the same plant the PA SLX's are made. Those turrets look really familiar.

Unfortunately the market seems to be saturated with options like this, but that being said I hope you guys sell a million of these.

Hard pass for me though as I don't like those chevron reticles.
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 4:54:05 AM EDT
[#17]
This is why I simply can not get behind a product where/ when they lack the intestinal fortitude and integrity just to simply answer a basic question. Tells me they're not willing to stand behind their product(s).

Link Posted: 12/8/2023 10:52:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#18]
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 11:20:44 PM EDT
[#19]
It just looks like another Chinese swampfox/PA/vortex/arken optic for the lower-budget demographic - including a slightly unique reticle to set it apart and avoid patent infringement.

Yeah it would be nice to not have to pay $2600 for a top of the line optic, but that's not what you're offering either... There are plenty of options at your price point for non-top-of-the-line optics. And many are lighter weight with a known track record.

Best of luck to griffin, and geissele and all the other industry companies that try to diversify their tactical portfolio by slapping their logo and reticle on a generic "asian" scope.
Link Posted: 12/9/2023 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Daggertt:
It just looks like another Chinese swampfox/PA/vortex/arken optic for the lower-budget demographic - including a slightly unique reticle to set it apart and avoid patent infringement.

Yeah it would be nice to not have to pay $2600 for a top of the line optic, but that's not what you're offering either... There are plenty of options at your price point for non-top-of-the-line optics. And many are lighter weight with a known track record.

Best of luck to griffin, and geissele and all the other industry companies that try to diversify their tactical portfolio by slapping their logo and reticle on a generic "asian" scope.
View Quote

That’s kind of where I’m at with it. Both of those companies are generally held in high regard so it’s disappointing to see bargain basement optics. I think they would have been better off to just forgo the effort.
Link Posted: 12/16/2023 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#21]
The optic is asian manufactured.  We sent LOW an e-mail a year ago when these projects started and they sent us a "message received" response, but never replied to the inquiry.  

We were having trouble finding anything FFP with a highly functional reticle in the entire firearms optical industry to sell.  The economy is not doing well, consumers don't have a lot of money to spend.  The big name brand optics are vicinity of $2000-$2500 and I really don't understand why they have to cost this kind of money.  I think a lot of that is over-blown, and I don't think consumers should have to spend $2500 to get a decent carbine LPVO.  

The illumination has one off position, there are not off positions between positions.  Position 11 is visible outside in daylight, but I'm not sure this meets daytime bright for people wanting to operate the optic like a reflex sight.  

The warranty is 2 years electronics and lifetime mechanical, here is the verbiage from the manual:

"
OPTIC PRODUCT LIFETIME LIMITED WARRANTY
Griffin Armament will repair or
replace free of charge any optical product we manufacture for 2 years
(electronics) and lifetime for mechanical. This warranty is unlimited
in duration and covers at Griffin Armament’s sole discretion, service,
repair, and/or replacement of damaged products caused by normal use.
Any repair not covered by the warranty will be billed at a maximum of
30% of current MSRP for a comparable optical product

LIMITATIONS:
Griffin Armament’s warranty does not cover loss, normal wear,
damage to our product or the host weapon system resulting in whole
or in part from abusive or negligent use, unauthorized modifications, or
neglect. Finish wear is cosmetic and is not covered by this warranty. Any
repairs to the unit made necessary by the above mentioned factors may
be invoiced to the owner at a maximum of 30% of current MSRP for the
most comparable product. In all cases refer to the product manual for
product limitations prior to using a Griffin Armament product. Warranty
is subject to change without notice. "

This means you have a 17 year industry company behind the product, so not only are you getting a quality product at a great price, but you are also getting a warranty from a company that is long established. That is a significant value in itself.  

There will be a mount bundle available as an introductory offer, and it will be MSRP for the optic, including a free Wisconsin manufactured, Griffin patent cantilever modular scope mount in 1.425" AR sight height.  
View Quote

I like that you are making the mount here in the US.    

Maybe I'm in the minority but I prefer a clean, mil hashed reticle, with half mil increments, and a daylight visible dot in the middle.  Those are available in the same price range as this offering.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 10:26:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#22]
Link Posted: 1/17/2024 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#23]

That's not true.  We sell a product to solve problems for people.  If people come by who's only interest is throwing shit at the product, then we have nothing to talk about.  The people who are in the right demographic for the optics bought the optics and are going to be well served by the optics, and if their products experience warranty issues, the company warranty will be there for the people.  There is no record of customers who couldn't get warranty support from our company.  To cast aspersions that we don't stand behind products is fantasy, not supported by any facts.

I wish we lived in a world where every American could afford a $2600 optic, but we don't.

On the day we shot the reticle video, through a clumsy camera attachment I shot ~25 rounds back to 500m with one miss on targets smaller than an E type silhouette with a 16” mk2 with m855 ammo, including hits to 300m with the rifle flopped over at 90 degrees.  Ild like to see someone do that with anything else with an included $200 mount in the price bracket of this optic.
View Quote

So Just Tell us Where is it made ?
Integrity matters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 11:59:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrapple] [#24]
BDC and Chevron? Great!
Refusing to answer repeated questions on where it's made? Bad.

There's a place for affordably priced optics, but funding our enemies is not one of them. Purposefully dodging repeated requests for this information makes things even worse.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 1:14:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnSmith6073] [#25]
Originally Posted By swatbwana:

So Just Tell us Where is it made ?
Integrity matters.
View Quote

LOL.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 3:14:48 PM EDT
[#26]
So it's made where again?

I was kinda jazzed up about a recent Griffin optic until a brief search found the identical, and I mean identical optic in a slew of brands with alphabet soup names for half (or less) the price.

Might be a good optic, might not, but dodging the direct questions to avoid showing a chicom rebrand is not confidence inspiring. Then again, it's worked well for SIG, so I don't blame anyone for following suit.
Link Posted: 1/21/2024 3:42:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thedownzero] [#27]
When you go to your website, and on the product page, there is a banner that “says American made with pride” but then you said it’s made in Asia. May you please disclose which country in Asia this is manufactured or whether it’s made in America? I don’t understand why the confusion.

@Green0
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 12:17:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Green0] [#28]
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 1:18:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/22/2024 6:09:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By gundealsbrowser:
https://i.ibb.co/5vmBC5w/IMG-1636.gif
View Quote

It's so funny because they're still just refusing to say it. We obviously all know, and now it's become such a focus.
This is really turning me off to Griffin Armament.
Link Posted: 1/24/2024 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

Griffin, have you figured out where in Asia your factory is?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:08:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By zentradi:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14200/signal-2024-01-21-151912_002_jpeg-3106127.JPG

Griffin, have you figured out where in Asia your factory is?
View Quote

We all know where, but they won't say it out loud, so now it's all I'll ever think of when I see Griffin Armament.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 6:23:01 PM EDT
[#33]
60 day rule
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top