[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS

I can buy the 30 rd box for .34/shot

I can buy the 720 rd box for .66/shot
View Quote

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense.

However, earlier this week pretty much all the walmarts around here had at least one of those $457 720 round cans and now none of them do.

I think the people hoping walmart is going to be worried about being stuck with them and be willing to basically cut the price in half are going to be disappointed.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS

View Quote

Kinda simple, really.

The ZQI showed up at Walmart right around the end of the ammo shortage. (bad luck for Walmart) - I have often thought the buyer may be history.

The ammo contract was probably negotiated at the height of the shortage - everyone was desperate for ammo.
Walmart saw $$$

When the ammo appeared it was WAY overpriced at around .66/rnd because about the same time Federal XM193 started coming back again around .50/rnd.

Walmart had the ZQI sitting on the shelves for a few months and sold very little (at least at the Walmarts near me)

Contrary to some beliefs, Walmart does not like having inventory sitting around, so
they reduced the price on the 20rnd boxes to $9.97 and it started selling. They still seemed to have plenty.
In fact, last July, they had it on sale for $5.97/box - no limits

However, for some reason, they never changed the price of the ammo cans.

Fast forward to today, the 30rnd boxes are gone,
the ammo cans are still there and with the run on SS109 ammo,
they will probably sell it now.

Perhaps Walmart is actually behind the BATFE decision?
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS

View Quote

The boxes at $9.97 is the "roll back " price. The cans are still at their original price, that's why they have been sitting in the case for months.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:13:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Alas, I had success purchasing  ZQI SS109 at a local Walmart. According to the cashier, they received the shipment this morning and I arrived shortly after 10:00 A.M. I walked away with 600 rounds at $0.33 CPR and left 9 boxes for the next guy.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:16:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Alas, I had success purchasing  ZQI SS109 at a local Walmart. According to the cashier, they received the shipment this morning and I arrived shortly after 10:00 A.M. I walked away with 600 rounds at $0.33 CPR and left 9 boxes for the next guy.
View Quote

No sales tax in Tennessee?

Good work, BTW
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Good work, BTW
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good work, BTW

I meant to add that it was $0.33 CPR before tax + $0.36 CPR after tax.

Thank you sir! It was a nice change of pace finding the illusive ZQI SS109 as I have not seen any in the past few weeks. At the same rate, it also allowed me the opportunity to stack ZQI 7.62 in the mean time. All is well in my world and I have no complaints!
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:52:41 PM EDT
[#7]
PSA
It's all Crap don't buy it
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 8:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The boxes at $9.97 is the "roll back " price. The cans are still at their original price, that's why they have been sitting in the case for months.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HELP ME UNDERSTAND THIS

...and lots of people can't do math.  That happens a lot.
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 10:56:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Had posted a video earlier (no idea it was a sketch site -sorry mods!) Where the guy was putting the 7.62 through several different rifles. Rifles were rested mechanically, and the stuff DID actually shoot accurately.... one five-shot group from a 700PSS was .96". Even in a FAL, it held around 1.5". I've just been shooting off-hand with it, but I've been happy so far.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Can anybody post a link for ZQI 5.56 for swires ammo app??
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Can anybody post a link for ZQI 5.56 for swires ammo app??
View Quote

Here is his thread:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1611186_My_ammo_app_is_back_up_and_running_.html
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:42:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:00:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Dang... nothing but the expensive big-name ammo around here.  And I've got 4+ Wally Worlds to choose from.
The app works great.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#14]
All the ZQI 5.56 & 7.62 is pretty much cleaned out around here.

Couple of nearby stores (30mi) still have the 720rnd ammo cans of 5.56 @ $457.00
and my local store has Federal Brown Box M193 for $8.97/box which does not show up on the app.

I don't need either that bad. $$

Of interest is that the app does show .22LR in-stock at almost every local store (Remington and CCI), however it must be stashed somewhere,
cause it's not on the shelf.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Couple of nearby stores (30mi) still have the 720rnd ammo cans of 5.56 @ $457.00
and my local store has Federal Brown Box M193 for $8.97/box which does not show up on the app.

Of interest is that the app does show .22LR in-stock at almost every local store (Remington and CCI), however it must be stashed somewhere,
View Quote

My local Walmart got 2 cases of it in yesterday and sold all of it by 6pm. Seems like people are just now hearing about this damn ban.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My local Walmart got 2 cases of it in yesterday and sold all of it by 6pm. Seems like people are just now hearing about this damn ban.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of talk about it on the big news networks the last few days.  Probably a lot of people that don't follow internet chat boards are just now hearing about it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:26:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Went and picked some more up tonight. Local WM had just gotten a truck, and were restocking. Manager said the ZQI is drying up in the WM inventory chain, they only got 15 boxes this shipment after getting a crapload last shipment. A few more weeks, and zero. BTW, I only took five. Courtesy and all that....
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Saw 3 of the large cans at a Walmart here in Houston.  Picked up six boxes of 7.62 while there.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:03:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Went to local gun show. Buck a round for American Eagle.

Did not see any ZQI there.

Stopped by Wlamart and they are back on the 3 box limit.

Got 3 more of the ZQI.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:30:04 AM EDT
[#20]
I ran a magnet of my fridge on the 5.55 and it did stick

In case there was any confusion
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:57:23 AM EDT
[#21]
I have been able to pick up 27 boxes of thirty (810) this week at Wally World, every one is looking for 22's. Today is the first day everyone started panicking for them. Nobody listened to me at the counter when I've been telling them. Hits Fox and CNN and look out. Oh well, maybe I can sell it back to the community for a three hundred percent mark-up next week. I have some Riet funds that will look attractive to them with higher interest rates coming too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
PSA
It's all Crap don't buy it
View Quote

Get out of the tech forums with your bullshit
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:50:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I ran a magnet of my fridge on the 5.55 and it did stick

In case there was any confusion
View Quote

Its been repeated time and again that this ammo is SS109.... There has got to be 20+ threads about it by now
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:56:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I've been to 2 Walmarts that had it 2 days ago and now there is not a label on the shelf where it was.
Had my dad check in his town and none there.

Did Walmart pull the ammo?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:11:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've been to 2 Walmarts that had it 2 days ago and now there is not a label on the shelf where it was.

View Quote

Most likely people bought it all.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly this. Last week I scored the last box of ZQI ss109 at my local Walmart. Shelf has been bare ever since. Then places like luckygunner.com are selling it for twice as much as walmart.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Exactly this. Last week I scored the last box of ZQI ss109 at my local Walmart. Shelf has been bare ever since. Then places like luckygunner.com are selling it for twice as much as walmart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm...

I wondering what Walmart think about that.... I thought they had a deal with ZQI to be the sole seller?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:19:02 PM EDT
[#28]
I called 8 walmats today and nobody has the boxes or cans.

That being said if I have to call another Walmart to ask a specific question again I'll just chug bleach
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Hmmm...

I wondering what Walmart think about that.... I thought they had a deal with ZQI to be the sole seller?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hmmm...

Wow!
looks like they cleaned out Walmarts in their area
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 5:24:06 PM EDT
[#30]
The cases havecob webs in them here now... Saw 2 boxes of Win. .223 20-rounds for $20ea.  Wow...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 6:37:56 PM EDT
[#31]

There's a LGS here that is apparently buying up what our Walmarts are getting in and reselling it at their store fot the old Walmart price of $18  I hope they choke on it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:07:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
There's a LGS here that is apparently buying up what our Walmarts are getting in and reselling it at their store fot the old Walmart price of $18  I hope they choke on it.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#33]
The walmarts around me are now sold out of all .223/5.56 except the 720rd cans.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

Could also be that the neckbeards are selling it to the local shops for a faster small profit rather than trying to sell it to individuals.

The dealer I use does not have the time to be cruising the walmarts for ammo and time is money for them so it would serve them better to give some guy $14 for a box of ammo brought to his door instead of hitting the walmarts.  Plus it is a small town and it he would defiantly be recognized at a walmart gun counter.  Not saying there are not dealers who would do it but just offering another angle.

I was in the process of changing my collecting focus and selling off some of my C&R's when the panic of 2012 hit.  With a reduction in certain calibers I no longer needed the amount of ammo I had for some of them.
I could of pieced it out here and there for more money but sold it to the dealer that was helping me thin my collection.  We both made some money on it and someone got to enjoy the ammo.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Has walmart ever sold ZQI 5.56 that was NOT 62 grain SS109?

I know there is talk of a 55 grain and 75/77 grain in the works, but I'm talking about as of right now.

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:40:18 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I know there is talk of a 55 grain and 75/77 grain in the works, but I'm talking about as of right now.

View Quote

I don't think any other weights have been imported.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 3:43:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Would love a reasonably priced 77 gr
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:09:10 PM EDT
[#38]
The stores around me are getting restocked...I go in there and see 7.62x51 after it's been cleaned out, same with 5.56.  One store on Saturday even had the new boxed ZQi - the green box that says SS109.  First time I've seen it.  I uh left with it...hey it's not a neckbeard thing if I keep it!
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#39]
They have had the green box out for awhile, I got a few green boxes last week. My walmart guy says there is no more 5.56 ZQ1 left.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:24:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think they've only sold the one version of 5.56

http://zqiammo.com/zqi-ammunition-in-walmart-stores-nationwide/

the new box packaging lists the bullet type more prominently

http://zqiammo.com/walmart/
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:19:18 PM EDT
[#41]
My Walmart's SGC guy is a long term dickweed, kept the ZQI in the back for the last two shipments. Thanks to this site and some savvy folks during the big panic, I used the Old Lady runaround method, AKA I had an old lady check the stock on the Gemini machine, and then get it out of the back for me. The 1st shipment was 12 boxes and she told me the distribution center had 120 there. The next shipment was 12 boxes and she told me that the UPC was now listed as a Non stock/non re order item.

So that is that for the 30 round boxes in my local store. The big cans are still sitting there.......

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:29:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Some Uber-neckbeard came through and bought out the ZQI in the Midlands, including all of the big cans. I hate profiteers...
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:35:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Two big cans at one of the local stores.  $479 for 720 rds?    Before tax?  Hell, no.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 12:50:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Two big cans at one of the local stores.  $479 for 720 rds?    Before tax?  Hell, no.
View Quote

Believe it or not: those are starting to go as well.

A walmart employee told me that one guy came in and bought 4 of them.

It's $457 here so after tax that's $1,978 for 2,880 rounds (69 cents a round).
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 1:54:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For ZQI?  Jesus, I felt ripped off paying 40 cents a round for XM855.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:30:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Are anyone else's local stores enforcing a 3 box limit for all ammo? Supposedly the corporate policy changed to only enforce this with .22 ammo but nearly every wally world around me has signs limiting all ammo to 3 boxes and .22 to 1 box.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:32:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Are anyone else's local stores enforcing a 3 box limit for all ammo? Supposedly the corporate policy changed to only enforce this with .22 ammo but nearly every wally world around me has signs limiting all ammo to 3 boxes and .22 to 1 box.
View Quote

One store is, the others are not.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 3:43:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I take it that it's at the store manager's discretion rather than a company wide policy then
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:26:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

One store in the Akron-Canton area has posted in the window of the display case, a 3 box limit on ALL ammo. I was there late Saturday evening and the night guy let me buy the last 7 boxes in their system. None of the other stores in this area are enforcing any limits other than .22/rimfire.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:31:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Selective policy by different stores.  Dropped into a store on the other side of town yesterday and found 8 boxes of ZQI 5.56 w/ no limit.  Bought 'em.  My closest store with the best supply?  3-box limit.
Page / 8
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top