User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 10:28:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The Blue Force Gear VCAS sling is my favorite, comfortable and easy to use.
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:22:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Gear Sector GS2P.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Any recommendations for a 2 point for MOE handguards and an a1 stock?
Link Posted: 5/24/2015 9:48:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this.  we just always called these vickers.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Padded VCAS from Blue Force Gear.

Why?
Simple operation, easily adjustable - a material tab comes off the sling, you pull forward or back depending on how you want it adjusted, padding is nice if you are letting your rifle hang a good bit, quality construction/material, great customer service from Blue Force.....and most importantly it just flat out works well for me.

I second this
this.  we just always called these vickers.

Yup
Link Posted: 5/25/2015 3:04:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Magpul MS1 sling because of how easy it is to use and how comfortable it is.
Link Posted: 5/29/2015 9:57:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Vtac  upgraded padded gets my vote. I have used all kinds of different slings in Iraq, personal use and currently for OGA work. Vtac is simple, fast to adjust and tape up the excess straps when done adjusting and its very streamlined. I want to like the magpul ms4 but still just testing it out as it is similar to the vtac but has the option to make it single point for shorter rifles. So far though Vtac gets my main support as its simple, rugged and fast. Another note as to the wide pad version is if not wearing body armor and carrying rifle for any length of time the wide pad helps out the traps and neck.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:15:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Vtac  upgraded padded gets my vote. I have used all kinds of different slings in Iraq, personal use and currently for OGA work. Vtac is simple, fast to adjust and tape up the excess straps when done adjusting and its very streamlined. I want to like the magpul ms4 but still just testing it out as it is similar to the vtac but has the option to make it single point for shorter rifles. So far though Vtac gets my main support as its simple, rugged and fast. Another note as to the wide pad version is if not wearing body armor and carrying rifle for any length of time the wide pad helps out the traps and neck.
View Quote

Ever see anyone in OGA work use the Blue Force Vickers sling? I always see VTAC in pictures and I assume it's cause the Vickers doesn't get tight enough for rappel/airborne/etc work. Seems to be a better sling for LE/civvy range work
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 7:52:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Blue Force Gear for me. I prefer the nonpadded version.
Link Posted: 5/30/2015 10:04:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My favorite 2 point AR sling that is quick adjustable and does not loosen for shooting sling support is my LaRue Tactical 2 point Padded sling.

This particular LaRue sling are an exclusive design VTAC made for them by Viking Tactics, except the LaRue version have included heavy duty push button swivels (front are sewn-in) and have front side quick release buckles.

These slings are also great for carrying while hiking, running, and climbing, it always stays very snug.

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-padded-sling

View Quote

This.  I have three of them and will never buy anything else.
Link Posted: 6/2/2015 1:43:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I use the larue vtac padded.

It is comfy and adjusts very easily.

My other experience was with a Magpul MS3 Multi Mission Sling. It was meh compared to the Larue.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#11]
       BFG Vickers Padded.

Carried my HEAVY ASS Suppressed Rifle with a huge Scope on it for 5 hours one night and was never uncomfortable.

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Does anybody use the Magpul MS4?  

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319121313/magpul-ms4-gen-2-multi-mission-single-point-2-point-sling-with-dual-qd-swivels-nylon

I like the idea of being able to switch between 2pt and 1pt.  Are there any other good slings that let you swap between 1pt and 2pt?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/2319121313/magpul-ms4-gen-2-multi-mission-single-point-2-point-sling-with-dual-qd-swivels-nylon

I like the idea of being able to switch between 2pt and 1pt.  Are there any other good slings that let you swap between 1pt and 2pt?
View Quote

My BFG does it well,
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 8:45:10 AM EDT
[#14]
BFG for me.  Strong, comfortable, functional,  made with high quality materials that will last.

I have their non padded on my AR15's, but recently got a padded version with QD swivels sewn in for my heavier AR10. Very happy with all of them!

Certain versions may not be listed on their site. For example they still have slings with the QD swivels sewn in, you just have ask.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Savvy Sniper has not been mentioned.  This is what I'm using right now - like it a lot.

http://savvysniper.com/quadsling.html
View Quote

+1 on Savvy Sniper.  I've got a box full of slings, magpul, BFG.  I pretty much just use the SS now.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Padded Vickers from BFG, I'm not jumping out of planes with it or fast roping while getting shot at. But I do use it at work and have slung it for hours without any problems.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:10:17 AM EDT
[#17]
I use a Viking Tactics Original Sling I picked up from skdtac.com I find the sling to not be too restrictive when shooting from the weakside/off-hand. The sling also adjusts without having the left over material getting in the way.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Home made VTAC and  Magpul MS1 w/ BFG sling keeper. I use these because they are simple, inexpensive and effective .

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#19]
I use a Riflecraft RS-3.
http://rifle-craft.com/product/rs-3-quick-adjust-sling/
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/05/28/riflecraft-introduces-rs-3-sling-a-cross-body-sling-for-marksmen/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqgccw1pLtM
One feature Todd fails to mention is that it does have an emergency release buckle above the pulls

Come August I'll be really putting the sling to use at Thunder Ranch's Urban Precision Rifle course. I'll try to remember to put a real review of it. So far in light range use it's fantastic and works as advertised. The way Todd designed the adjustment is so simple -yet so ingenious- that I'm sure it's a matter of time before some of the other sling manufactures start copying it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:09:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Anyone want to sound off on a sling that can be cinched tight, front or back? I was leaning Vickers padded but now I'm thinking VTAC padded upgraded sling after reading it's better for this.

ETA: somebody mentioned the Larue Tactical Padded Sling, is that just a VTAC with 2 QDs thrown in, or is there some other difference?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 1:54:56 PM EDT
[#21]
VTAC padded
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 8:18:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My favorite 2 point AR sling that is quick adjustable and does not loosen for shooting sling support is my LaRue Tactical 2 point Padded sling.

This particular LaRue sling are an exclusive design VTAC made for them by Viking Tactics, except the LaRue version have included heavy duty push button swivels (front are sewn-in) and have front side quick release buckles.

These slings are also great for carrying while hiking, running, and climbing, it always stays very snug.

http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-padded-sling

How wide is it? Looks like 2"?

Link Posted: 8/2/2015 9:39:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm a fan of the magpul ms4.

May not be the best, but they work.  I got the QD version.  I also have a MS2.  The MS4 fixed some of the issues I don't much care for about the MS2, and the hardware is of better quality.

Have had the MS2 for years now, and it still looks new outside of the dust that its collected over the years.

I like them enough to use them on all my rifles.  While they may not be "the best available" for me they are comfortable enough and I don't see much reason to change.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
VTAC PADDED, NO BUNGEE FOR ME. Why? Look at the videos on you tube.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ufmGXTLfujE/U9AWMUAl8fI/AAAAAAAAUXY/BqXTuzIjaGM/s1600/he's+right+you+know.jpg

+1...  What Morgan just said...
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 5:27:20 PM EDT
[#25]
No padding - Gear Sector

Padded LaRue/VTAC
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:34:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just purchased a Tactical Link QD Convertible Bungee Tactical Sling .....very nice bungee 2-to-1 point sling...
http://www.tacticallink.com/AR15-M4-Convertible-Bungee-Sling.html
Link Posted: 8/12/2015 7:07:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
O.D. GI issue. It does what it is supposed to do.
View Quote

I use one of the old canvas 2" wide GP slings with the clips replaced by HK snap hooks. Works great, and cost me less than $10 (the sling itself is a leftover from my army days).
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 1:20:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Gear Sector adjustable 2 point.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top