Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Easy.

#1 MSTN custom build. (it will of course be built with KAC, LMT, Colt, and Knights stuff)
#2 COLT 6920
#3 LMT Defender (complete rifle)

Don't give me that fucking DD or Noveske shit either.

You really like knights arms co huh?

so good it needed to be said twice.  MWAH HA HA!  
this thread isn't as exciting as I thought it would be.

and to clarify for the other pole smoker.  Daniel Defense and Noveske have made AR's for about 10 minutes and now they're supposed to be all L33T?  Come on man.  A superb rail maker and a superb barrel maker without question.  Now all of a sudden they're the gold standard of Carbine builders?

1. yeah, and magpul's only been around for a few years too, so they have to wait another ten years before they become the standard.  that argument sucks.

2. is it just me, or did you never hear of KAC from anyone's lips before everyone found out that's what chris costa was rocking? now, IT'S suddenly the gold standard.

3. personally, build your own from the best parts available. if you pay attention to detail, and are somewhat mechanically inclined, you can build a kick-a$$ rifle just as good if not better than all of these big manufacturers. you probably will have much better QC than they could ever hope for, because it's YOUR rifle, not just another random one floating down the assembly line. seems like people worship these large manufacturers like they have perfectly flawless angels assembling their kit, errr, wrong. they are made by fallible people just like you and me.

4. if I were to buy one complete and want "the best" I would probably go with LaRue or Noveske, but there are plenty of other manufacturers out there who do a good job too.
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 1:53:58 PM EDT
[#2]
LWRC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2009 2:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Easy.

#1 MSTN custom build. (it will of course be built with KAC, LMT, Colt, and Knights stuff)
#2 COLT 6920
#3 LMT Defender (complete rifle)

Don't give me that fucking DD or Noveske shit either.

You really like knights arms co huh?

so good it needed to be said twice.  MWAH HA HA!  
this thread isn't as exciting as I thought it would be.

and to clarify for the other pole smoker.  Daniel Defense and Noveske have made AR's for about 10 minutes and now they're supposed to be all L33T?  Come on man.  A superb rail maker and a superb barrel maker without question.  Now all of a sudden they're the gold standard of Carbine builders?

1. yeah, and magpul's only been around for a few years too, so they have to wait another ten years before they become the standard.  that argument sucks.

2. is it just me, or did you never hear of KAC from anyone's lips before everyone found out that's what chris costa was rocking? now, IT'S suddenly the gold standard.

3. personally, build your own from the best parts available. if you pay attention to detail, and are somewhat mechanically inclined, you can build a kick-a$$ rifle just as good if not better than all of these big manufacturers. you probably will have much better QC than they could ever hope for, because it's YOUR rifle, not just another random one floating down the assembly line. seems like people worship these large manufacturers like they have perfectly flawless angels assembling their kit, errr, wrong. they are made by fallible people just like you and me.

4. if I were to buy one complete and want "the best" I would probably go with LaRue or Noveske, but there are plenty of other manufacturers out there who do a good job too.

KAC wasn't talked about very much because for the most part it was largely unobtainable until recently. Now that we can actually have a shot of finding one as a civilian they have become much more popular.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#4]
LWRCi with a Timney 3lb trigger and a POF lower with the ambi-bolt release. got one right now!

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w124/jaeice420/LWRC/PerfectBalance.jpg
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#5]
probally the one that goes bang everytime and eats whatever you feed it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If someone wanted the best AR-15 money can buy, what do you think it would be?

To keep it simple, let's stick to the basic gun packages as made by the manufacturer.

Criteria:
- .223/5.56
- 16" barrell
- carbine

Looking forward to the opinions.
Mark

That's like asking who makes the best 4-wheeled front-engine car.

There isn't one right answer - it all depends on what you want/need.

Link Posted: 9/1/2009 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Norinco.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#8]
my armalite does everything lmt, colt does. I'm not saying the lmt and colt are not a better made gun though. No problems with armalite
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 3:56:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I think it depends on the shooter.  I have a colt 6920, oldest son has a GSE A2m4, and youngest son has the Larue.   I also have an early Cold Sportster that's well used, early 1980 vintage,and shoots as good as the others IMHO.  I think I paid around $380.00 for it then.  The GSE is perhaps a little more accurate and is quite smooth, but again it's all about the shooter and his/her skills.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Vulcan

ETA    nevermind
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 4:01:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

1. Magpul has been around for over 10 years.

2. Has more to do with the SR15E3 becoming readily available IMO, though I'm sure the exposure helped.

3. Concur.

4. Concur... I run E3s and N4s.  A LaRue would still be a build IMO, though theres nothing wrong with that.
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 6:22:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Mabey hk 416??
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
R the one that saves your life
Link Posted: 9/1/2009 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#14]
You could get a thousand rifles from the top tier sources pull all the parts and pick those that were
blueprinted to the middle of all the specs of the TDP and get the greatest armorer in the world to put
the best parts back together for the best rifle...

If you cant do that ..then talk to Paul down at Bravo Company and pick up one of his BCM Uppers, a BCG,and a lower
and then only have to worry about getting the best optic or who has the best training....
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top