Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 117
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Just picked up 1 Box of Federal 223 and 1 Box of Federal 9mm in Eau Claire, WI.  They still have some available.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 10:33:18 PM EDT
[#2]
My local store in NH had some of the Fed bulk 100 packs in stock today. I haven't seen them on the shelf in two months. I picked up a couple of boxes at $34.97 per 100. Last week a buddy called and said they had some of the Tula brass stuff in 223 and 9mm,  but when I got there it was all gone. it definately slowly trickles in and out but you can find it if you're there at the right time. No 22LR at all and they have a 3 box limit on everything.
Link Posted: 2/22/2013 11:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Successful trip to Walmart tonight.  One of my local stores showed they had some 100 rd boxes of Federal 223 in stock.  After calling and confirming with the clerk that answered the sporting goods phone, I headed up there with a buddy. We walked out with 9 boxes. We each bought 3 and had a random guy looking for 22LR to buy the last 3 boxes for us.  

I'm finding that whether I can score any 223 depends on the Walmart employee that I encounter.  Usually it requires a manager, but tonight it was your run of the mill sales associate.

Edit: It was not in the display case, but actually in the back on a pallet. It had not yet been placed in the "cage".
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:31:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Successful trip to Walmart tonight.  One of my local stores showed they had some 100 rd boxes of Federal 223 in stock.  After calling and confirming with the clerk that answered the sporting goods phone, I headed up there with a buddy. We walked out with 9 boxes. We each bought 3 and had a random guy looking for 22LR to buy the last 3 boxes for us.  

I'm finding that whether I can score any 223 depends on the Walmart employee that I encounter.  Usually it requires a manager, but tonight it was your run of the mill sales associate.

Edit: It was not in the display case, but actually in the back on a pallet. It had not yet been placed in the "cage".

Same thing happened to me tonight.  I have two local walmart's.  Anyways I was strolling thru the first one, when I almost had a heart attack.  After all my searching I finally found "IN STOCK" .223.  It was the same 100rnd Federal boxes.  

They only had 3 in the store, and they would only sell me 3 anyways, so it worked out perfectly.  I was going to buy a bunch of 9mm, but he wouldnt sell it.  Anyways, a couple hours later...I was on this site checking for ammo when I saw a post about walmart.  I decided to check out their websites, and found that the other local walmart has the same ammo in stock.  I immeadiately called them, the guy from electronics was the closest I could get.  He said that there was nothing in stock.

Bummed out, I checked back to the site.  It said that it was recently updated 10 minutes earlier.  I called back .  This time I gave the first person I talked to the part #, I then got transferred to the night time manager.  He looked into it a bit closer.  A few minutes later he said that they just recieved a small shipment.  I asked if he could hold any for 15 minutes until I arrived.  He said "definetly, how many do you want?"  I responded "all three that you can sell me",  he laughed and said "sure".  Then out of now where, he said that he had recieved a total of 8 100rnd boxes.  He then asked me if I wanted all 8 boxes.  I couldnt say "YES" fast enough  

15minutes later, I walked up to the cigarette counter (the manager stashed these back there for me), and asked for my ammo.  The cashier and I struck up a converstion and I paid for my new ammo.  I guess the night shift manager doesn't care about the 3 box limit

So, I ended up picking up 1,100rnds of Federal .223 for roughly 37cents per round after tax.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:49:12 AM EDT
[#5]
3 of the 7 Walmart stores near me in Bradenton, FL were showing "In Stock" on Federal 100ct .223 boxes last night.  For several months, they all showed "OUT OF STOCK".  I rushed to the closest store and was told they didn't have any .223 and wouldn't be getting any.  I called another store and was told they didn't have any.  I said "I'm looking at it in stock on the website, now."  The person then said in a stern voice, "HOW DID YOU FIND THAT?!  The website only shows that it's available in stores only!  Nothing about anything in or out of stock!"  I pretty much hung up, lol.  Heh.  So, then I went across the bridge to the Palmetto store around 10:30-11pm to grab a few items I needed and of course, I walked by sporting goods.  Wow!  I witnessed with my own eyes, 16 boxes of the Federal 100ct being stocked in the glass case.  I asked to purchase some and was told I could only buy 3 boxes.  I pulled out my credit card to make the purchase and the associate then said, "oops, never mind, we can't sell any ammo until 7am.  You'll have to come back then!".  I checked the Walmart website at 6am and it was already showing "Limited Stock"!  WTF!  I got dressed, picked up my brother and a friend within 10 minutes and went over to the store to find only FOUR boxes left!  It wasn't even 7am yet.  Hmmm!  Hey, Walmart, what's with the fuckery?!  I quickly purchased what I needed, as well as my bro and friend and got the hell out of there.  Anyway, if anyone in the Palmetto, FL area is interested, they actually still had about 20-30 boxes of the steel-cased TulAmmo, 20ct on the shelf when I left.  Better hurry!
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 9:26:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you BEERBUDGET!!!.  I followed your steps this morning with the wife.  2 walmarts had to pull teeth at both.  Wife and I only took 2 boxes a piece at each walmart leaving some for the next person.  But anyway 2nd walmart was told immediately oos.  Escalated next person "oh no i unloaded the truck only 9mm and 12 gauge came in".  Escalated dept manager-oos.  Did the Beerbudget method.  Dept manager not happy but acted like he looked.  Hand scanner said 8 boxes fed 100ct in stock.  Dept manager said it lies.  Beerbudget method continued.  "EDNA" finally reports to work 45 minutes after this began.  Edna walks straight back comes out with a cart of ammo.  Dept manager personally comes walking up with 2 cases of Fed 100ct, line has grown by now.  Edna the older lady is the one the BeerBudget method worked on.  She is a sales associate not a manager.  I believe the manager was trying to hold it back and Edna foiled him.  Persistance and the 800 number are your friend.  No matter how many times they tell you the hand scanner with inventory numbers is lying stand your ground with 800 number in hand.  Somebody is gonna cave who isn't in the ammo stash loop.  
BEERBUDGET YOU ARE MY HERO, for now.  LOL
ps me and wife 800 rounds of fed 223 this morning taking only 2 boxes a piece, not 3.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 10:01:07 AM EDT
[#7]
I have been monitoring my local Wal-mart's website for a week or so now.  On Thursday night it showed up as in-stock.  I called around 9:00 pm and the SG dept stated that they were still on the truck and to call back in the morning.  I called at 7:30 on Friday morning (they open at 7) and the woman said that they only had two boxes left.  I flew over there and picked up the "last" two.  The lady assured me that these were the last two in stock.  Later that morning a friend called me and said he just picked two boxes from the same store.  The woman told him the same thing.  "Last two boxes".
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 10:09:15 AM EDT
[#8]
ALWAYS MAKE THEM SHOW YOU ON THE HANDSCANNER.  I think they are tought to lie.  
Quoted:
I have been monitoring my local Wal-mart's website for a week or so now.  On Thursday night it showed up as in-stock.  I called around 9:00 pm and the SG dept stated that they were still on the truck and to call back in the morning.  I called at 7:30 on Friday morning (they open at 7) and the woman said that they only had two boxes left.  I flew over there and picked up the "last" two.  The lady assured me that these were the last two in stock.  Later that morning a friend called me and said he just picked two boxes from the same store.  The woman told him the same thing.  "Last two boxes".

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 10:15:24 AM EDT
[#9]
I called my walmart in Rexburg ID 5 min before they opened, the security guy answered and said they got 6 boxes of federal 100 packs so i had better hurry up and get down there, so i threw on my jacket and raced down there. i was guy number 5, and the limit is one box per guy now, so i knew i would get one. unfortunately i didnt have anyone else awake at 7 am so i couldnt get more than one. i was so excited to finally get one! i need a fake mustache and a different cashier so i can get one of the last two if they are still there.....
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Does anyone have the link for the 250 pack of the umc?   It seems that all I can get to show up on their website is 2 different boxes of shotgun shells.  

Hit 3 different stores this morning and came up empty.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#11]
I woke up this morning around 5, checked on here and sure enough my local Walmart was showing the Federal 223 in stock, so I threw on some clothes and drove down there.   They had 8 boxes of 100 in the case.   Asked the guy how much, he said $34.97.  I said OK I'll take 3 boxes.  Guy said he wasn't going to open up the ammo case until 7am.    

That's a new one on me.  I thought about going to the store manager but said ah screw it.   I was only buying it to flip on backpage anyway.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 1:33:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
3 of the 7 Walmart stores near me in Bradenton, FL were showing "In Stock" on Federal 100ct .223 boxes last night.  For several months, they all showed "OUT OF STOCK".  I rushed to the closest store and was told they didn't have any .223 and wouldn't be getting any.  I called another store and was told they didn't have any.  I said "I'm looking at it in stock on the website, now."  The person then said in a stern voice, "HOW DID YOU FIND THAT?!  The website only shows that it's available in stores only!  Nothing about anything in or out of stock!"  I pretty much hung up, lol.  Heh.  So, then I went across the bridge to the Palmetto store around 10:30-11pm to grab a few items I needed and of course, I walked by sporting goods.  Wow!  I witnessed with my own eyes, 16 boxes of the Federal 100ct being stocked in the glass case.  I asked to purchase some and was told I could only buy 3 boxes.  I pulled out my credit card to make the purchase and the associate then said, "oops, never mind, we can't sell any ammo until 7am.  You'll have to come back then!".  I checked the Walmart website at 6am and it was already showing "Limited Stock"!  WTF!  I got dressed, picked up my brother and a friend within 10 minutes and went over to the store to find only FOUR boxes left!  It wasn't even 7am yet.  Hmmm!  Hey, Walmart, what's with the fuckery?!  I quickly purchased what I needed, as well as my bro and friend and got the hell out of there.  Anyway, if anyone in the Palmetto, FL area is interested, they actually still had about 20-30 boxes of the steel-cased TulAmmo, 20ct on the shelf when I left.  Better hurry!

The Lockwood Ridge store showed 9mm and .223 100 ct Federal in stock last night around 10PM, and I caught the guy bringing pallets out. He said he saw them in the back and to come back at 7AM when they started selling ammo.

I got there at 7:05 today, was 5th in line, and the guy ahead of me got the last box of Federal .223 100 ct, so I grabbed a box of WWB 9mm 100 ct and 2x Tulammo .223 (not a fan of Russian steel, but hey, 5 bucks a box). I wish I had just grabbed 3 boxes of 9mm in hindsight. Oh well.

The employees there seemed to know the game. They had 3-4 people assisting with the line. One of them was taking orders by the cart and handing the clerk behind the register what you asked for.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Walmart in Oshkosh showed the 100 packs in stock, by the time I got there 10 mins later, it was gone.  They did have Winchester and Remington 9mm in stock so I picked up a couple boxes just to make it wotrth my while.  Dept Mgr said as soon as it came in, it was gone, everyone most be monitoring stock online.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thank you BEERBUDGET!!!.  I followed your steps this morning with the wife.  2 walmarts had to pull teeth at both.  Wife and I only took 2 boxes a piece at each walmart leaving some for the next person.  But anyway 2nd walmart was told immediately oos.  Escalated next person "oh no i unloaded the truck only 9mm and 12 gauge came in".  Escalated dept manager-oos.  Did the Beerbudget method.  Dept manager not happy but acted like he looked.  Hand scanner said 8 boxes fed 100ct in stock.  Dept manager said it lies.  Beerbudget method continued.  "EDNA" finally reports to work 45 minutes after this began.  Edna walks straight back comes out with a cart of ammo.  Dept manager personally comes walking up with 2 cases of Fed 100ct, line has grown by now.  Edna the older lady is the one the BeerBudget method worked on.  She is a sales associate not a manager.  I believe the manager was trying to hold it back and Edna foiled him.  Persistance and the 800 number are your friend.  No matter how many times they tell you the hand scanner with inventory numbers is lying stand your ground with 800 number in hand.  Somebody is gonna cave who isn't in the ammo stash loop.  
BEERBUDGET YOU ARE MY HERO, for now.  LOL
ps me and wife 800 rounds of fed 223 this morning taking only 2 boxes a piece, not 3.

What is the BEERBUDGET method?
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:02:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Scored my 3 box limit of tula 9mm this morn in brevard, sent my buddy in for 3 more boxes of tula 7.62x39... Still no .22 or .223/5.56
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry if I missed it, but anyone have the link for the 100rd WWB 9mm.
There were several at the local Walmart. It looked like $25/box.
Would of bought them, but I already was at the box limit for .223.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 2:45:57 PM EDT
[#17]
What is the BEERBUDGET method?

Check the first page of this thread...3rd post up from the bottom.

And to Lug1...you're welcome....for now....
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 3:34:27 PM EDT
[#18]
anyone got links for 380? thanks
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#19]
The in stock counter was wrong at the Leesburg Va store for 45 230 packs.  Even his store scanner said 10 in stock but none in the back in the storage area.  Quite friendly and helpful but none to be got.  The search continues.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Odd as it may be asking about price when most are only concerned with availability... but how much is walmart charging for 9mm? Especially the Federal 100-Round GMJ Ammunition Packs?
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 4:43:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

added 2 links for you
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 5:13:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I have a friend who works at W-M in the S-G section.

I can tell you first hand they scalp the ammo, hide it, put it back, save it, and notify their friends so their 'circle' has significant first dibs. Have received 'the call'.

I haven't seen this but would guess they make it available for folks who pay a 'premium' if you catch my drift. Haven't asked, don't want to put my buddy on the spot.

So factor this info into your W-M 'experience'.

Full disclosure, I haven't bought any at W-M since last December IIRC. Too many others need it more than me.

Another thing, I see folks 'recreationally' buying ammo, just because they have the $$$ to do it and it's a fun hunt with little downside except cleaning out ammo others might need.

I have a feeling some folks are going to be looking for new jobs if this ammo shortage continues and the inventory loss folks start figgering out whats going on re redirecting ammo to favored buyers.

Anyhow, thanks for starting this topic, it's very interesting.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:11:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Met a fellow Arfcom member today at a local Walmart while hunting for ammo. I ended up grabbing 3 100 packs of Win 45acp..
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 6:25:09 PM EDT
[#24]
YMMV, but I have been through the exact same situation.  Hid an watched.  They had it.  Just not for me.  That is when I adopted the BEERBUDGET stand your ground law.  I did not walk away at either store when they went and looked and came back empty handed.  I had multiple "very nice" people tell me this morning the hand scanner lied.  All very convincing.  I stood there and told them I would leave when the actual store manager or the police told me to leave.  I was very polite and nonbeligerant.  And I told them very carefully about inventory control and the 800 number.  It is amazing how many "very nice"  people were completely wrong this morning.  They may believe themselves I don't know.  But in my experience from hiding and watching and standing my ground like this morning, the hand scanner NEVER lies.  

Quoted:
The in stock counter was wrong at the Leesburg Va store for 45 230 packs.  Even his store scanner said 10 in stock but none in the back in the storage area.  Quite friendly and helpful but none to be got.  The search continues.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
YMMV, but I have been through the exact same situation.  Hid an watched.  They had it.  Just not for me.  That is when I adopted the BEERBUDGET stand your ground law.  I did not walk away at either store when they went and looked and came back empty handed.  I had multiple "very nice" people tell me this morning the hand scanner lied.  All very convincing.  I stood there and told them I would leave when the actual store manager or the police told me to leave.  I was very polite and nonbeligerant.  And I told them very carefully about inventory control and the 800 number.  It is amazing how many "very nice"  people were completely wrong this morning.  They may believe themselves I don't know.  But in my experience from hiding and watching and standing my ground like this morning, the hand scanner NEVER lies.  

Quoted:

The only way it is off that much is if a case walked out the door. Due to the fact that this is a tightly controlled inventory item the only way a case can walk out the door is in the arms of, or with the help of an employee. I might buy that there is one showing in stock that they can't find, things get miss-scanned all the time, eg: the 9mm got zapped three times instead of two 9mm and a .45. Now I can understand others not being able to find what someone else hid. There are a lot of places to hide stuff in a Walmart stockroom. I used to do inventory work and we'd find employee "layaways" all the time in stockrooms. Hiding stuff in the stockroom is a big no no at most stores and not just because it not available to customers. Loss prevention assumes that stuff hidden in the stockroom is just stashed there until it can be stolen. In clothing stores there is the added fact that some employees will stash something until it gets marked down in the computer and then do an employee purchase of it. Anyway if i went to a store and it said "limited stock" I wouldn't really raise a scene because that can be as few as one. On the other hand if the website says "in stock" go for it.

FYI the reason the last updated date and time hasn't changed in weeks is so the managers can tell you the website is unreliable and is out of date.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:05:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I know the employees are hiding it for themselves and friends/family.  Checked the stock at 3 different stores, found various items in stock like 100 round .223 and some 22LR I desperately need.  Burned up about $20 worth of gas driving around and no ammo to be found.  Clerks at all 3 stores claimed they were sold out.  3rd store (Woodhaven, MI for those playing along at home) the guy didn't even let me finish asking, "Is it possible its locked up in back?" before he interrupted with "nope, nope all sold out".  I was livid and stood there for a moment contemplating my response. Didn't want to cause a commotion so I tried stopping at the front counter where I hoped to find a manager.  The line was about 15 deep so I decided to not blow a gasket and left.

Checked their website after getting home and the same stores have the exact same stock levels for the same SKUs, so I know the employees are playing games.  As a younger man I worked at Kmart and I know for a fact people would lose their jobs over doing this shit.  I'm going to use the Beerbudget method tomorrow morning and hope for better results.  

Good luck to all and grats to those who won the lottery
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:09:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The Lockwood Ridge store showed 9mm and .223 100 ct Federal in stock last night around 10PM, and I caught the guy bringing pallets out. He said he saw them in the back and to come back at 7AM when they started selling ammo.

I got there at 7:05 today, was 5th in line, and the guy ahead of me got the last box of Federal .223 100 ct, so I grabbed a box of WWB 9mm 100 ct and 2x Tulammo .223 (not a fan of Russian steel, but hey, 5 bucks a box). I wish I had just grabbed 3 boxes of 9mm in hindsight. Oh well.

The employees there seemed to know the game. They had 3-4 people assisting with the line. One of them was taking orders by the cart and handing the clerk behind the register what you asked for.

That's the store I called and was told they didn't have any, while I was looking at it on the website, showing in-stock.  SMH!  Jerks.  All nearby stores show out of stock, now.  

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:17:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Met a fellow Arfcom member today at a local Walmart while hunting for ammo. I ended up grabbing 3 100 packs of Win 45acp..

I am that guy.4 wallmarts and a fleet farm on the ride home from WI, all i got was a box of 20 shells for my son.Looking pretty bleak out there.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Checked out Four different Walmarts today in the tri-state area and NOTHING in stock but bird shot and 243. Asked the clerk at my local if they are even getting deliveries in and he said none in the last week and half.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am that guy.4 wallmarts and a fleet farm on the ride home from WI, all i got was a box of 20 shells for my son.Looking pretty bleak out there.

I remembered your handle, figured if you wanted to admit to meeting at WM it was up to you...

Should have asked you to "buy" the other 3 boxes of 45's while you were there...

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 8:31:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

added 2 links for you

Any link for Winchester white box 9mm in 100 rd boxes?

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Another link to add, 223 Core Lokt hunting rounds.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-.223-55gr-Pointed-Soft-Point/16930231

Still combing the internets for white box and Brass Maxx links
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Checked my Walmart (17055 - Mechanicsburg PA).  Online showed in stock for 45 ACP Winchester 100 rd and 50 rd boxes.  Got there and the case was pretty much empty.  Only had some hunting rounds in 30-06, 270 etc.  Couldnt find an employee anywhere and the line at customer service was 12 deep so I left empty handed.

Link Posted: 2/23/2013 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#34]
holy shit. I was about ready to start screaming but kept my calm and just walked out.

my local walmart in las vegas #4356, showed in stock for remington 50round .223 boxes. So i go there and sure enough the cage is empty. Asked the guy and he said sorry what i have is here. I convinced him to look in the back and sure enough he came back saying OOS.

so I asked him to look up the UPC code, he said "No, i cant look up UPC codes, only managers or customer service can do that." so I go to the customer service desk and what do you know...100 boxes in stock.

I asked for the manager, waited 20 minutes with no avail, some head cashier comes by and simply just calls on her walkie talkie "Someone pls go to the cage". I explained no, that wont work because blah blah, she said "well i called the manager over there, he'll help you".

So here I am back at the cage, a guy shows up and its the same guy i first dealt with. I told him their system says 100 in stock, they said , i dont care what the system says, im telling you right now, we have NOTHING in stock, those numbers you see are from this morning, we sold them all already.

I told him BS, ive never heard of not having live inventory, and he pressed on saying no, its not live, what you see is what we had this morning, we sold it all.

so i leave, before I do something stupid. and on the way out i asked a cashier....is your invetory live? if i see 100 in stock and I buy one, will it now show 99? she said Yes, its live, counts down as you buy.

forgot to mention I asked two other employee's in the area (near the cage), and they said that they cant scan a UPC and look up inventory, gotta go to customer service. but of course they were all young guys too, im half thinking they were all in it.

what sucks is im deaf, so i cant simply just call the 800 number, im shit out of luck , and i'd love to get those dicks fired gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

ok whew, had to vent.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Local WM said it had some 45 in stock. I didn't really need it but i want to try this beerbudget thing. I'm in store now and the ammo is not in the case. Beerbudget method is about to commence.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#36]
WOW!!!   Get someone to call for you or send them this e-mail.  By what the associates at my local Wal-Mart tell me, this will get the phone ringing in a hurry at that store!
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#37]
^^ I just went to the corporate website and put a shopping expierence email into their system. hopefully something happens but i doubt i'll get the satisfaction of it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:28:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
holy shit. I was about ready to start screaming but kept my calm and just walked out.

my local walmart in las vegas #4356, showed in stock for remington 50round .223 boxes. So i go there and sure enough the cage is empty. Asked the guy and he said sorry what i have is here. I convinced him to look in the back and sure enough he came back saying OOS.

so I asked him to look up the UPC code, he said "No, i cant look up UPC codes, only managers or customer service can do that." so I go to the customer service desk and what do you know...100 boxes in stock.

I asked for the manager, waited 20 minutes with no avail, some head cashier comes by and simply just calls on her walkie talkie "Someone pls go to the cage". I explained no, that wont work because blah blah, she said "well i called the manager over there, he'll help you".

So here I am back at the cage, a guy shows up and its the same guy i first dealt with. I told him their system says 100 in stock, they said , i dont care what the system says, im telling you right now, we have NOTHING in stock, those numbers you see are from this morning, we sold them all already.

I told him BS, ive never heard of not having live inventory, and he pressed on saying no, its not live, what you see is what we had this morning, we sold it all.

so i leave, before I do something stupid. and on the way out i asked a cashier....is your invetory live? if i see 100 in stock and I buy one, will it now show 99? she said Yes, its live, counts down as you buy.

forgot to mention I asked two other employee's in the area (near the cage), and they said that they cant scan a UPC and look up inventory, gotta go to customer service. but of course they were all young guys too, im half thinking they were all in it.

what sucks is im deaf, so i cant simply just call the 800 number, im shit out of luck , and i'd love to get those dicks fired gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

ok whew, had to vent.

Not sure how it's going elsewhere but here in the 4 stores that carry ammo they are rarely ever getting in more than 8 boxes of .223 at a time. For about a month the online links were wrong here as well. One store was showing "In Stock" for the 100 round packs every minute of every day during that time.

Having 100 boxes in stock sounds odd to me based off of my experience. I've also run into a situation where it was supposed to be on the truck but wasn't. It came in the next night.

I missed out on the 420 round cans one night because I was told they would not start selling until 7am the next day. Guess what, they brought them out and sold them all 15 mins after I left. They got more in that night and I was assured they were not going out until 7 am and this time they were right. This store will not bring ammo out unless a manager is there. Sadly they would only let me buy one.  One store has a big sign up that they are out and can't order more. I walked by one day as a guy was buying the last box of 9MM. So I guess the sign has no idea what it says. :)

I know this is all frustrating for us. At first I was getting upset about it. Then I realized there isn't much point in it. I'm sure some things are happening that shouldn't. I'm sure the employees are tired of answering the phone and getting asked the same questions all day. I know, it's their job. But what I've found that helped me more than anything is just to be nice. Strike up a conversation if you can. I'm probably not going to die if I don't get the ammo so I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it anymore. I know some of you are making special trips and all and that's much harder to deal with when it's not there or something seems weird. Anymore I go in not expecting to find anything, that way if I do, it's a big bonus. :)

Anyway, good luck.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Local WM said it had some 45 in stock. I didn't really need it but i want to try this beerbudget thing. I'm in store now and the ammo is not in the case. Beerbudget method is about to commence.

Associate was very helpful. He scanned UPC and his scanner said there were 5 boxes in stock. He went to the back and asked the manager about it. Associate came back and said that the manager said there was an inventory issue. I asked to speak to the manager. Manager came and said that they had received 7 boxes yesterday. They sold two of the boxes yesterday and the rest are MIA. She said she checked the cages etc, but nothing could be found. I didn't put up much fight, she was a nice lady and I think she did try.
Link Posted: 2/23/2013 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#40]
i agree 100 is an odd number to have. I wouldnt have left upset if the employee's were not refusing to scan the upc code. and to make matters worse, they were also refusing to tell me their inventory count. Almost as if hiding something. the only way to get the count was to go to customer service, which was a 30 minute wait due to 1 cashier taking care of 10 customers in a line.

then there was the refusal for a manager to help me too. ive sent my email to walmart, we'll see what happens.

see, even the guy above me says they scanned the UPC and got a live inventory, thats where im calling BS on my guys.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 12:54:59 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
How are you guys buying more than 3 boxes? Every Walmart within a 25 mile radius of me has a very strict 3 box limit per person per day...Now if you go when another associate is working that makes sense, but in my experience once you leave you don't stand a chance at getting more.

In my experience, if you  go back about 30 minutes later, you can usually get 3 more boxes. I guess the clerk either does not care or did not recognize me.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 1:29:00 AM EDT
[#42]
It's very rare for me to see the same person working the gun counter from day to day. I stopped on my way home from work one night and got 3 of the white 5.56 boxes, 3 more headed to work the next morning, and 3 more the next night, 3 different people and the next morning it was gone, haven't seen any more of that for a couple weeks.

And the inventory is very much live, It changes almost instantly when something that was in stock sells out.
Also I have bought stuff from Walmart that says online "Not stocked at this location"
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 1:42:29 AM EDT
[#43]
I've been able to score the 20 rnd boxes of AE for 8.07 each.  But that's dried up a bit for me now.  What does walmart charge for the 100 rnd boes of 223?
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 1:44:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I've been able to score the 20 rnd boxes of AE for 8.07 each.  But that's dried up a bit for me now.  What does walmart charge for the 100 rnd boes of 223?

$34.97
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 2:21:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

$34.97

NICE!!!

I gotta get me some of this!

Thank you dude!
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 2:49:34 AM EDT
[#46]
OKC area stores have shown oos for weeks ... this morning, 2 stores popped in stock.
First store, everyone asked denied having any, beerbudget method got me 3 100rd Fed .223
Second store, everyone denied having any, beerbudget method got me 3 100rd Fed .223
at lunch, 2 more stores popped up in stock
Third store, first associate asked went straight back to the stock room and scored me 3 100rd Fed .223
Fourth store, everyone including manager said the scanners were wrong, none there.  'Zone manager', whatever that is, walked up and said it must still be on the truck, come back after 10pm and they'll have it unloaded.  Came back at 10:30 and the manager on duty told me it was store policy not to sell ammo after 10pm, sales would resume at 7am, and told me they had 2 cases (8 boxes total). Threw a holy hell fit that the day manager specifically instructed me to come back after 10pm, and why in the hell would he do that if it was store policy not to sell after 10.  Manager gave in and sold me 3 more boxes.

I was told everything from the scanners lie, to 'in stock' on the scanner means it's been ordered but not delivered yet, to it's here, but not off the truck yet, to someone who walked to the back, came back out and told me they looked and there was none in the back.  Stand your ground, if the website says it's there, it is there somewhere.

anyone in OKC, the West Reno Avenue store should have 5 of their 8 boxes left at 7am in the morning, and the Norman, OK store is still showing 'in stock', didnt make it out there today.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 9:56:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Figured I'd at least send an email to corporate.  If you don't speak up you can't complain IMO...

Hello,

I'd like to bring to light an experience that not just I am encountering in your stores.  You are probably well aware of the shortage of ammunition in general.  I have relied on Walmart for most of my shopping needs for many years and until recently have never had a problem with store associates.  Recently though I've encountered multiple employees in several stores in the downriver Detroit area who are hiding product intended to be sold to customers.  

Prior to driving to stores I have used the website to check stock.  Upon arrival the associates have denied having product in stock, despite the website showing it to be there.  Returning home I check the website again and the same exact products show the same stock information.  Clearly the product is in the store and being saved for someone other than the customers.  From reading others experiences online this isn't a local phenomenon and appears to be happening nationwide.  

As I said I truly enjoy the Walmart shopping experience but being lied to and wasting my time and money attempting to buy a product from your store is detracting from my desire to set foot in your stores.  I thought you should at least know what myself and others are experiencing.

Regards,
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 10:01:00 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Another link to add, 223 Core Lokt hunting rounds.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Remington-.223-55gr-Pointed-Soft-Point/16930231

Still combing the internets for white box and Brass Maxx links

Added thanks
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 10:05:21 AM EDT
[#49]
This may not help anyone but me, but let me say that the online inventory is extremely accurate with the only exception being if it sells in the store there is a slight delay in showing as "Out of Stock."  The live in store inventory which can be checked on the computer is accurate to the precise count.  The computers never lie, only the employees.  

This happened to me and 2 other guys yesterday:

Myself and 2 other customers were trying to buy 100 count .223 ammo (like everyone else right now) which showed online as "In Stock" and the store employee said we are out. He lied to us by saying, "We got 6 boxes in" even though they come in cases of 4 - "Two guys came in, the first one bought 3 and the second one bought 3." Then we look behind the counter and there are two full boxes of 4 sitting on the floor. We asked him about them, he kicked the boxes (tapped lightly knowing they were not going to move) and said they are empty. Another customer asked him for help at the gun case, so as he stepped away. We found a female employee nearby and we told her we saw the full boxes behind the counter and asked if she would she check. She huffed reluctantly "I can't believe this" as she came over, opened the boxes and sold them to us. I suspect that they are hoarding ammo and AR's for either the highest bidder or friends.  Either way, it was pretty shitty for the guy to lie straight to our faces.

Added note - apparently "Limited Stock" means 1 case or less, and "In Stock" means they have at least 2 cases.

Finally, if you have the walmart app on your smart phone and you have ammo at home that you'd like to buy more of, use the bar code scanner search on your smart phone and it will tell you what stores in your area have some.
Link Posted: 2/24/2013 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
This may not help anyone but me, but let me say that the online inventory is extremely accurate with the only exception being if it sells in the store there is a slight delay in showing as "Out of Stock."  The live in store inventory which can be checked on the computer is accurate to the precise count.  The computers never lie, only the employees.  

This happened to me and 2 other guys yesterday:

Myself and 2 other customers were trying to buy 100 count .223 ammo (like everyone else right now) which showed online as "In Stock" and the store employee said we are out. He lied to us by saying, "We got 6 boxes in" even though they come in cases of 4 - "Two guys came in, the first one bought 3 and the second one bought 3." Then we look behind the counter and there are two full boxes of 4 sitting on the floor. We asked him about them, he kicked the boxes (tapped lightly knowing they were not going to move) and said they are empty. Another customer asked him for help at the gun case, so as he stepped away. We found a female employee nearby and we told her we saw the full boxes behind the counter and asked if she would she check. She huffed reluctantly "I can't believe this" as she came over, opened the boxes and sold them to us. I suspect that they are hoarding ammo and AR's for either the highest bidder or friends.  Either way, it was pretty shitty for the guy to lie straight to our faces.

Added note - apparently "Limited Stock" means 1 case or less, and "In Stock" means they have at least 2 cases.

Finally, if you have the walmart app on your smart phone and you have ammo at home that you'd like to buy more of, use the bar code scanner search on your smart phone and it will tell you what stores in your area have some.

I saw the same thing happen the other day.

made my blood boil
Page / 117
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top