Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 1:18:53 AM EDT
[#1]
One more thought.. I wonder why Trijicon didn't continue to have a separate low-profile sunshade and fiber optic instead of opting for this bolt-on UFO-disc on top?  I can see my thumb crashing into that thing when I'm trying to change magnification in a hurry.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 2:50:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Soldier systems has slightly better pictures, including the reticle card, in a dedicated post
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Soldier systems has slightly better pictures, including the reticle card, in a dedicated post
View Quote

The MOA dot looks pretty good to me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:27:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Definitely changed what I thought I was going to get. MK6 is out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
One more thought.. I wonder why Trijicon didn't continue to have a separate low-profile sunshade and fiber optic instead of opting for this bolt-on UFO-disc on top?  I can see my thumb crashing into that thing when I'm trying to change magnification in a hurry.
View Quote

If it improves illumination, particularly night time illumination then it's an upgrade.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:40:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Their 1-4x Accupower model has a built-in BDC and BAC, but is battery powered and not fibre optic powered. I feel that they are constantly coming close to their perfect optic, but falling short.

Personally, I want a 1-6x Accupoint with built-in cat tail, waterproof, BDC, BAC red-colored reticle that is both tritium and fibre optic powered.

Anyone think that this will come to us at some point?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:43:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Low powered variable, Mil dot reticle, and a daytime bright dot.
After all these years, they finally did it.
Wow.
View Quote

That
Would
Be
AWESOME

Especially if the turrets matched the reticle (my one complaint about the TR20-2)
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe that these fiber optic reticles as well as certain illuminated reticles such as the razor HD use a guide wire along the reticle to bring the illumination to the center of the reticle.

More complex illuminated designs might be limited to a emiter in a variable.

Can anyone confirm this for me: look into the objective in of your accupoint... Can you see a glow? I cannot see a glow from my vortex which is a wire illuminated dot...

My viper PST which used an emitter allowed light to exit the front of the optic same as the Burris tac30. I could see red illumination. Both of these had more complex reticles than the trijicon accupoint series.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Green MOA dot???? IN TWO NEW OPTICS???

Time to pepper my angus
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:40:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Been waiting for this.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:41:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If it improves illumination, particularly night time illumination then it's an upgrade.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Might also be easier to waterproof -- the new 1-6 is listed as waterproof to 10', whereas the older TR24s for example don't show any info on the mfg. Web site about water resistance.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I called to order mine from a recommended dealer that Trijicon said had the new TR25 1-6x in stock.  However, they just told me that Trijicon is changing the adjustment knob on their NRA prototypes so they won't be ready to ship until July.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I called to order mine from a recommended dealer that Trijicon said had the new TR25 1-6x in stock.  However, they just told me that Trijicon is changing the adjustment knob on their NRA prototypes so they won't be ready to ship until July.
View Quote

What reticle you going to go with?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:23:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Probably the MIL reticle, although the MOA doesn't look bad but the lines are a little thicker on the sides.  It'd be great if Trijicon would publish the subtensions on their website like everyone else does.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:36:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Price?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Price?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Price?

They (Kenzie's Optics in Georgia) said $1429, irrespective of the reticle.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:45:02 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Probably the MIL reticle, although the MOA doesn't look bad but the lines are a little thicker on the sides.  It'd be great if Trijicon would publish the subtensions on their website like everyone else does.
View Quote
Reticle subtensions: https://www.trijicon.com/resources/downloads/2015_AccuPoint_Reticle_Measurements.pdf

The link above can be found under the "Information" heading on the right side of the AccuPoint overview page:

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product1.php?id=AccuPoint

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Didn't see that, thank you for posting that!
That pretty much confirms, at least to me, that the MIL reticle is the way to go. It looks like the MOA subtensions at 5MOA apart and that's not as good a fit for me.
With a 100yd zero, the MIL reticle gives me drops of 300, 400 and 500yds.
With a 100yd zero, the MOA reticle gives me drops of 340, 480 and 620yds.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Really digging the mil dot, the only thing I'd like is a slightly bigger dot, looks like it's less than 1 moa?
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 5:39:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Really digging the mil dot, the only thing I'd like is a slightly bigger dot, looks like it's less than 1 moa?
View Quote

.18 MILs = .62 MOA. Slightly larger than the Vortex Razor 1-6x dot.
That thing is gonna be a bitch to find in low light, if the illumination is anything like the TR24 series dot.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:00:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

That thing is gonna be a bitch to find in low light, if the illumination is anything like the TR24 series dot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats what I am wondering, I was kinda hoping for some type of exposed turret That way I could stick with the triangle and just dial in the elevation.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#22]
How about this scope compared to the USOptics 1.5-6, I know this one is a 1x, but that is an optical 1x, still can't have a front sight post in front, will be blured, so the .5x does not bother me.  

The USO is priced at $1215 and no one will argue the USO quality.

Link Posted: 4/13/2015 10:48:59 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya that kinda sucks, perhaps Triji would have been better served by having night time battery powered illumination on board as well.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:06:25 AM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It looks like just one of the existing LOW 1-6x design. What Trijicon is just adding their name and the fiber illumination to it. LOW have been making the same 1-6x for other brands for $1200-$1400. The Trijicon tax will add probably another $200 to $300 on top of it.

When I first read your post I looked at the picture and thought Razor. But it looks to be a bit longer than the razor. Will need better pictures though. If it's more expensive than the razor, I'm not sure how successful it will be unless it's a lot lighter.

Does LOW make any 1-6 besides the Razor and SWFA 1-6?

GRSC 1-6x24mm
I have one of these and am very pleased with it.

Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#25]
For those that have used the triangle reticle out to farther distance, what is the furthest you feel comfortable shooting it before you wish it had some sort of BDC or ranging reticle like MOA or MIL dots?

I ask because I love the triangle reticle and I currently only shoot my 1-4x Accupoint at 100 yards (farthest distance that my range is).

I'm debating picking up a 1-6x triangle Accupoint for a Recce build I'm working on.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 10:51:01 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

For those that have used the triangle reticle out to farther distance, what is the furthest you feel comfortable shooting it before you wish it had some sort of BDC or ranging reticle like MOA or MIL dots?
I ask because I love the triangle reticle and I currently only shoot my 1-4x Accupoint at 100 yards (farthest distance that my range is).
I'm debating picking up a 1-6x triangle Accupoint for a Recce build I'm working on.
View Quote

I was making hits on a 12" steel plate at 300 yards in the last 3 gun match With no issues.

400 yards is where it starts to suck as you cant hold over, i use a 200 yard zero.

About the only way i can get hits past 300 is to dial in the elevation good thing is trijicon has great turrets. I have never had a problem with them going back to zero, but i am afraid to shoot in the rain with out the turret cap or else i would just leave them off, that and i am sure i would lose them.

Even with this draw back i am still thinking of going with the triangle 1 to 6, it is just that good 300 yards and in.

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 2:34:53 AM EDT
[#27]
These new scopes and reticles look very good.

Hopefully the reviews that are sure to follow will confirm the features and usefulness of these scopes.

Really glad I didn't hit that "BUY" button on the VCOG.  

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 7:25:12 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I was making hits on a 12" steel plate at 300 yards in the last 3 gun match With no issues.

400 yards is where it starts to suck as you cant hold over, i use a 200 yard zero.

About the only way i can get hits past 300 is to dial in the elevation good thing is trijicon has great turrets. I have never had a problem with them going back to zero, but i am afraid to shoot in the rain with out the turret cap or else i would just leave them off, that and i am sure i would lose them.

Even with this draw back i am still thinking of going with the triangle 1 to 6, it is just that good 300 yards and in.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you very much for your insight!
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 8:57:16 AM EDT
[#29]
I like - I'm very interested
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:36:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

These new scopes and reticles look very good.

Hopefully the reviews that are sure to follow will confirm the features and usefulness of these scopes.

Really glad I didn't hit that "BUY" button on the VCOG.  

View Quote

What are the primary differences between this optic and the VCOG?

Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:47:45 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
That German No. 4 is fine but it needs to have MIL stadia or BDC. The TR24 version doesn't have those so if the 1-6x follows suit, I think it's going to fail.
View Quote

Agreed, reticle pattern and weight are what sets similar optics apart in the same class.
Link Posted: 4/15/2015 9:50:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What are the primary differences between this optic and the VCOG?
View Quote

The biggest difference = TR25 has no battery; it uses fiberoptics and tritium to illuminate a center dot. The TR25 also has no integral mount (uses any 30mm rings or mounts).

If you've ever used an ACOG you know how bright the illumination can get;  certainly the illum is visible in any sort of daylight conditions. The VCOG illum does not get as bright, although more of the reticle is lit. In low light or when shooting from darkness into a lit area the TR25 illum will not be as useful as the VCOG battery-powered illum, but this is not a real concern if you're 3-gunning or doing most of your shooting in lit areas.

As always, get the scope that matches your shooting requirements.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 6:13:45 PM EDT
[#33]
So, is there a firm date that these will be available (either directly from Trijicon, or preferably from another reputable dealer)?

Link Posted: 4/18/2015 2:37:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Shipping in four weeks according to their webpage.
Link Posted: 4/18/2015 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/products/product3.php?pid=TR25-C-200095
I NEED this scope!
View Quote

Same here - I want
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 2:08:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Any know whats the LEO pricing from Trjicon?
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:00:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 5:34:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Another attempt at the unicorn. I dont see a reticle that is worth it. Trijicon has issues with making scopes that will compete with ACOGs.

I still dont see a scope that does everything. My H27D CQBSS is as close at it gets, but its huge, heavy, and fuck off expensive.

I hope this scope gets the reticles it needs.
View Quote

I am starting to truly believe this. All of their scopes have missed the mark in some way. The VCOG lacks fibre optic power, the 1-6 Accupoints lack a BDC, and while their 1-4x Accupower has a BDC, it's outclassed by the 1-6x and also lacks the awesome fibre optic power.
Link Posted: 4/20/2015 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So, is there a firm date that these will be available (either directly from Trijicon, or preferably from another reputable dealer)?

View Quote

Another dealer, Georgia Optics, said 3-5 weeks.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone see a reason why I should cancel my order for a TR24 and order the 1-6x instead? Mounting on a 50 Beowulf I just completed for Michigan deer hunting, 150 yards and in.
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 1:24:49 PM EDT
[#41]

Coming soon. Fiber optics redesigned. Same price as the 1-4 (which is being shifted to the accupower line....battery illuminated trijicon scope)
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 5:12:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Anyone know if the tr24 prices will be coming down?  If so a tr24 at a lower price point would be awesome!  I'm holding out until superset does a review of the tr25 though...
Link Posted: 4/21/2015 7:55:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Coming soon. Fiber optics redesigned. Same price as the 1-4 (which is being shifted to the accupower line....battery illuminated trijicon scope)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Check the Trijicon sight not the same price.
Link Posted: 4/22/2015 11:23:52 PM EDT
[#44]
I am underwhelmed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 12:42:07 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I am underwhelmed.
View Quote

Same here.

The VCOG is actually starting to look good again.  I get the Reticle I want with BDC, battery powered, and it's literally bombproof.  Put on an LT Mount and forget about it.

Hummmm . . . decisions, decisions.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 1:24:46 AM EDT
[#46]
I see the Flux Capacitor. . . . .

Link Posted: 4/23/2015 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Looks like maybe the first hands on review coming out shortly!

http://tacticalgunreview.com/trijicon-accupoint-1-6/
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#48]
There's someone else (not me) working on a 1-6x triangle video review too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 7:13:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
There's someone else (not me) working on a 1-6x triangle video review too.
View Quote

I saw your excellent review on the VCOG.

Are you still underwhelmed with it, or given the options up to this point, have you changed your mind at all?

I believe you tested the Horseshoe Reticle - I was looking at the Segmented Circle for just a bit more precision.  

It has everything I want in a 1-6x Optic, but get the feeling everyone thinks the VCOG sucks!!
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 8:05:19 PM EDT
[#50]
I think the VCOG's a good optic with a good feature set that's backed by a company that makes quality optics.
But I also think that following up on the heels of a great optic like the TR24 by not having its trademark daylight-bright no-battery-required illumination was a big concession. Especially given how much more it cost and the competition that's emerged in the years since.
But, that's just my take on it coming from the TR24 and shooting other variables.  
If you look at that old VCOG thread, there were a few others that loved theirs so maybe they could offer their input too.
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top