BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I got my email for my lower on Monday (exactly 5 months from time of order) and it shipped yesterday!
Everything is back on track for the custom components after the USPS issue and once I get the parts, all I'm missing is the selector, fire control group, that tiny c-clip for the dust cover, and the custom handguard (which i need to finalize design wise once I get the other parts). Oh, and the drum.
The local shop used to have the Korean Beta Co clones for $90 when I first started this project, but naturally I didn't grab them. Now they have none so I need to find another source, but they will certainly be more expensive.

I'll have more pictures as things progress!
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, oddly enough, the gun store, not 5 miles from here has n actual Rocky Mountain Arms Patriot on the wall.  It is all in green paint or cerakote, but it is one of the Rocky Mountain ones.
Link Posted: 6/23/2016 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Picked up the lower last night. This A1 pair is destined for strangeness.

The drum is on its way as well.

All that leaves now, not counting the custom parts, is the fire control group, selector, trigger guard roll pin, port door c-clip, buffer retaining pin/spring, receiver back plate and a teardrop forward assist.

Strangely enough, the receiver extension I have looks like someone turned the anodizing off. It was basically free with the buffer assembly parts so I'm not to worried. I know there is a spray paint that will match it to the "close enough" color, but if not I can get a new one.
Link Posted: 7/12/2016 8:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Well after all the USPS-caused craziness, I finally have the barrel, gas block, and muzzle brake.
Heatnbeat did a great job and is absolutely fantastic to work with.

Here it is with a few things slid in place. Had to actually install the mag catch because, although I wanted to do everything at once I couldn't resist / take a picture without it.

I need to do some final measuring and spec out the handguard, but then it is just a matter of insidey parts and painting the receiver extension.

On a side note, trying to shoot this is kinda going to suck. That mag is incredibly heavy even empty (about 2.2lbs) and the literall block of a gas block doesn't help either. Oh, and that whole no front sight thing too.
But it is going to be cool.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top