Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/16/2014 2:28:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:39:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#2]
6.8 e-landers?  Im pretty excited about the new 6.5 grendel e-landers Bill Alexander got a hold of
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#3]
magazine in lower case....must be those 10 rd  magazine bullet clip thingys

Edit....total fail. Just saw the 6.8.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Nevermind
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:25:11 PM EDT
[#5]
When will these be available?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Sweet! Another 6.8 vendor! When will these be available? 25s or full on 30s?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 5:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
6.8 e-landers?  Im pretty excited about the new 6.5 grendel e-landers Bill Alexander got a hold of
View Quote

Link please

Never mind, found the link......they are on AA website
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:21:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Still waiting for my replacement magazines....

I sent several to an Address in Alaska and was promised replacement....

12-16 months later.... Still have nothing...

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 8:23:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Are the 6.8 and 6.5 mags identical other than markings? Same follower, same dimensions?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:54:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:03:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 10:23:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Our customer service guy said he took care of you. And a lot of other people who needed help with stuff. You, know, like regular customer service stuff, the kind of stuff people have a right to expect our company to take care of, right? Except he didn't. We fired him. And we learned some lessons. And now we have a new CS guy who works hard, does his best, and always comes down on the side of the customer. So while we might make a mistake now and then, at least now it isn't for lack of trying.  

Email sent.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
12-16 months later.... Still have nothing...
Our customer service guy said he took care of you. And a lot of other people who needed help with stuff. You, know, like regular customer service stuff, the kind of stuff people have a right to expect our company to take care of, right? Except he didn't. We fired him. And we learned some lessons. And now we have a new CS guy who works hard, does his best, and always comes down on the side of the customer. So while we might make a mistake now and then, at least now it isn't for lack of trying.  

Email sent.

Hm.  This makes me think that I may try again to swap the 6 mags that I bought 1.5 years ago.  Never made any progress through a few attempts to contact you then.  If you guys have made internal changes and can get me mags that work in any of the number of rifles that I've tried them in, I may give you a second chance.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:11:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Justin3, I've had the same problem. I've got 10 of the 5.56x45 E-Landers, and they double-feed *every* time. I've tried to call customer support, and I've tried e-mailing them. Nothing. No response.

They are great looking mags, and seem to be well built. They just don't work.

MakoDefense, can you help us out? I'd be happy to exchange mine for 10 in 5.56x45 that DO work.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Are 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC cases the same size in terms of their circumference? Really?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Are 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC cases the same size in terms of their circumference? Really?
View Quote

No, not really. Other case dimensions (and case taper) are different, too. But then, I think you knew that, didn't you.

And Bill Alexander said the magazine curvature and reinforcing ribs were designed specifically for the 6.5 Grendel cartridge. If true, it's difficult to imagine that 6.5 and 6.8 E-Lander mags actually are interchangeable.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:34:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:35:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:00:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Please keep the thread on track.

I have tested piles of magazines that users like you have claimed did not work. I have yet to find one that I could replicate the claimed problems, outside of damaged magazines. Infinitegrim sent back two magazines that had a manufacturing defect. I inspected them myself.
Here is a rough video of a test of a customer's magazines. I have many such videos that we use internally to track these things. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEQPyp2GvpE&list=UUeuYwtiKymaNh12XTFxspfA

There are a number of ways you can contact me easily. Please do not try to pull this thread off topic again. See this link: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_400/240053_Replacement_of_M1_and_M2_E_Lander_Mags_.html

View Quote

Well, I suppose my above post was wrong.  The same "it's not our product that doesn't work that's bad, it's the other dozens of manufacturers products that work that are actually bad".

I won't be trying any more of your products, ever.

Thread is on track.  We are talking about elander magazines.  My 6 elander mags don't work, and won't be replaced, even though I was told they would be by mako, so I wouldn't expect any of your products to live up to realistic expectations of functioning well.  Posters here should be aware of the product and company selling them, in order to make an informed decision.

With that, I'm done with this thread and your organization.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:32:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 1:37:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 6:27:08 AM EDT
[#26]
I say it's just good to see so many Americans armed with high-capacity magazines! Does a heart good to see photos of high-cap mags and piles of brass.

God bless America and save us from the Nanny State Scared-of-Everything and Ban-It-All Big Government Whiners!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Question #1:  What other sizes of 6.8 mags will be available besides 25 round?

Question #2:  What are the internal dimensional length specs?  
                      Many 6.8 guys load long...as long as 2.300".  Will your mag handle that?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 7:16:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Question #1:  What other sizes of 6.8 mags will be available besides 25 round?

Question #2:  What are the internal dimensional length specs?  
                      Many 6.8 guys load long...as long as 2.300".  Will your mag handle that?
View Quote

Do tell please...
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Let me be very clear. I never said the dimensions of the cartridges were the same. But the specs for a 6.5 Grendel magazine are the same specs needed for a 6.8 SPC magazine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, not really. Other case dimensions (and case taper) are different, too. But then, I think you knew that, didn't you.

And Bill Alexander said the magazine curvature and reinforcing ribs were designed specifically for the 6.5 Grendel cartridge. If true, it's difficult to imagine that 6.5 and 6.8 E-Lander mags actually are interchangeable.

Let me be very clear. I never said the dimensions of the cartridges were the same. But the specs for a 6.5 Grendel magazine are the same specs needed for a 6.8 SPC magazine.

Which seems neither reasonable nor logical, considering the substantial differences in cartridge configurations and dimensions, and the fact that manufacturers market 6.5 mags and 6.8 mags, but no 6.5/6.8 mags.
If you purchase a 6.5 Grendel magazine from AA, you can also use it for 6.8 SPC.    

If you don't believe it, grab a 6.5 Grendel magazine and a 6.8 SPC mag and measure them

I neither believe nor disbelieve. If you say that you've inspected and precisely measured the E-Lander 6.5 and 6.8 mags, and found them to be identical, I'll accept that as true. At least until such time as someone credible reports differently...
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 9:58:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:15:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Thanks.  ASC advertises an internal length of 2.316" +/- 0.002".

From their website regarding 6.8 SPC mags:
The interior dimensions of OAL 2.316” ± .002 are perfect for reloads.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:21:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#33]
The same is true for the 6.8 SPC - there has been only a couple manufactures that have offered constantly high-quality magazines for the 6.8.
View Quote

Correct.  D&H and C Products Defense both had some serious start-up quality issues.

What is odd about ASC, is that they took over the old C Products tooling.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:11:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Very interested in trying these out once they become available...
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:15:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:12:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#37]
As OP states, most manufacturers use the same bodies for both 6.5 and 6.8 mags, but with a different follower for each, or in some cases a hybrid that works for both.

I see the question of COAL has been answered. PRI has been my mainstay, though ASC, C-Products Defense etc have current versions allowing 2.30 give or take. The PRIs have been flawless and always allow the length advertised, where the others have been iffy, sometime low on quality but right on length, or high on quality and low on length.

I am interested in testing one, hopefully funds will allow soon. I have 6 different projectiles / hand loads ready to go that are either 2.295 or 2.30 depending on bullet type that I want to try in this new mag. I looks very good, high quality. If it performs as advertised it will be my new go to mag. Options are great to have, and we've been limited on them.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One of the problems is heat treating. Since the magazines are stamped and then heat treated, the metal warps to some extent, more in one mag than another, and dimensions change as a result. This is an ongoing issue. The E-Lander magazines are made of a high-grade steel to top-of the-line equipment, so the steel is treated prior to forming. This prevents the consistency problems that plague many other 6.8 magazines.
View Quote

I will second this. The mags I ordered from Hamlund Tactical October of two years ago ( I think two years ), great company BTW, were the second batch of the new C-Products Defense mags. The first batch worked great and held the longer length, but the finish on them was not correct, was coming off, and they took a lot of them back, and sent replacements. The second batch, which I had, was great quality wise, very smooth , as smooth as the Barret mags almost ), but was hit or miss in the COAL department. I couldn't get more than eight or ten rounds in before they would bind. Factory rounds worked great though. I sent them back to Hamlund who promptly shipped me PRI mags, which work perfectly.

The issue according to Chad was that, as OP states, the welding process was collapsing the steel in the front of the mag, ( you could see the curvature ), limiting the length on some while not others. Chad replaced all those sent back to him, and made changes to the jigs or whatever to fix the issue. I think they've been fixed, but I haven't revisited that thread in about 6 months, and haven't had a chance to buy any ( funds are always short ), so I don't know for sure. Someone else from 68forums might be able to address that.

Anyway, I do look forward to trying one of these and reporting my results here and on 68forms.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:14:08 PM EDT
[#39]
It sounds like Chad of C Products Defense is behind this.  If I am wrong, then I'll admit it.
I defended CP and then CPD multiple times here.  I waited and waited for FDE mags from CP.
The group buy never happened and I did get a refund.  Once CPD opened, it was bad batch after bad batch.
Chad was always full of excuses, then assurance the next batch would be right, then another set of excuses when it wasn't.

I bought, then sold, about 3 different (less than ideal) batches of CPD mags.  I was more than patient.
Then, one day ASC (who "stole" CP machinery due to a contract issue) announced their mags are 2.316" +/- .002" inside,
and they have them in FDE.  I quickly sold all my CPD mags and bought ASC 10, 15 & 25  rounders in FDE...ahh happiness at last!  

I will buy any reasonably priced mag that allows a longer loading, is available in approx. 15 round capacity and available in FDE or Foliage Green.
6.5G & 6.8SPC rifles tend to be used for hunting.

Mako, I wish you strong sales of 6.5/6.8 mags.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 1:51:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If we told you your magazines would be replaced, then I will personally make sure it gets done. Email me the communication in which we told you that we would replace the mags and it will be taken care of.

On the other hand, here is what happened:

We tested magazines for almost two years prior to importing, that had previously been tested by E-Lander, the IDF, who issues them as standard issue magazines, by independent testing labs, by IWI, who ships them with every Tavor outside the US, by Gilboa, by other manufacturers, and by other foreign militaries.We asked a number of US rifle manufacturers to test these magazines and ALL said they were the most perfectly-made, consistent MIL-SPEC magazines they had ever tested. In EVERY case EVERYONE who tested them could find no fault with the magazines. I tested them in somewhere around a hundred different rifles and machine guns and found NONE that had any issues with these magazines. I have now tested magazines for SCORES of customers who claimed issues with the magazines and found exactly 4 that had a true defect, and all four still functioned in EVERY rifle I tried them in. I have no reason to believe there is any problem with E-Lander magazines.

Soon after we began importing them, and selling them with no complaints from any customers, the Sandy Hook shooting occurred and there was a panicked run on magazines. Our distributors requested hundreds of thousands, and we could have send pallet loads to them and raked in the dough with little work. We could have even spiked the prices. Instead, we told the distributors and dealers that their orders were going to the back of the line and until the panic was over, we would ship only retail orders. We did not raise our prices. This ensured that our magazines would not sell above MSRP - none of our dealers that already had magazines could sell them over MSRP, because we forced the price to stay down. We had to hire extra people, it was tough. I slept only a few hours a night for months. Same with others a Mako.

After some time, a few people complained that the mags were hard to seat in their rifles. We immediately investigated, working with E-Lander and several rifle manufacturers to determine if there was a problem with the magazines. There was not. The E-Lander magazines were consistently dead on the target MIL-SPEC dimensions. The manufacturers explained and demonstrated to us what issues with the construction of rifles can lead to a hard-seating magazine. We interviews customers and determined that about 1% of civilian-market rifles are built in such a way that a true MIL-SPEC magazine will seat hard in them. We could have said, tough, the magazines are MIL-SPEC mags, which is what we clearly advertised them to be. We were, after all, in the middle of a panic with thousands of mags in stock and scrambling to try to get orders out.

Instead, we decided that if we were selling mags to a civilian market, then the mags should be designed for civilian rifles. So we stopped shipping the thousands magazines we had and made one small change that keeps the magazine within MIL-SPEC dimensions, with all dimensions dead on the target dimensions except for one that is moved out, but still within the allowable deviation. This keeps the mags MIL-SPEC, but allows them to seat in the 1% of civilian rifles that seat hard.

Then we told our customers that anyone who had a rifle that the magazines seated hard in could send them back for exchange for the revised magazines. We did this for a couple months, but few took advantage of it (less than 20 customers, total).

Then, the panic died and suddenly everyone wanted their money back. No one cared about the work we did, the extra headaches we went through to get magazines for them at a pre-panic price, the fact that we never raised prices, that we offered to replace magazines that were exactly as advertised with magazines redesigned to work with rifles that were out-of-spec. All people thought about was how much they spent on magazines and they wanted their money back. I spoke with men who cried on the phone with me over the fact that they had mortgaged their homes to buy magazines. Many customers were angry with us because we held the prices down. They had purchased hundreds of magazines with the intent to sell them at inflated prices, but could not. Hundreds of people demanded their money back. Distributors and dealers told us they were experiencing the same thing - when the panic subsided, everyone wanted to return magazines for a refund.

The result was that we got torn apart on this forum over it. Not because the magazines were bad, but because people wanted their money back.

A typical conversation with a customer went like this:
Customer: "I ordered 500 magazines from you a few months ago. I need to return those for a refund."
Me: "Why do you need to return them?"
Customer: "Well, I told my wife I needed to buy them 'cause they were going to be banned. But they didn't get banned so I need to return them."
Me: "We had those magazines made specifically to meet the demand. At this point we can't take returns on magazines for refund. We will replace any defective magazines."
Customer: "I post on a bunch of gun forums. If you don't take them back, I will post on every forum that your magazines are crap!"

People attacked the magazines for several reasons:
- We had several people who flat-out lied about the magazines. When called on it, it turned out they were Magpul fanboys and felt that they were somehow defending Magpul by attacking the reputation of our magazines. They flat told me that they would do whatever they could to keep us from competing with Magpul. These were the ones who started people complaining about the mags.
- We had people who really had an issue with seating the mags - they could be seated, but with a hard slap. From what we can determine, this took place in less that 1% of rifles.
- We had a lot of new or inexperienced AR shooters, who did not know what to expect with AR magazines.
-Some people had substandard parts in their ARs, but did not know how to trouble-shoot, so blamed the magazines.
- One of the biggest problems was new rifles with little or no lube, or the thick factory shipping oil. I helped hundreds of customers who could not get their rifles to function, and assumed it was the magazines, only to have all issues go away when I talked them through lubing their rifles.
- Some people flat-out lied. I have no other explanation for people claiming that no more than 5 rounds could be loaded in a magazine, or the magazine could not be unloaded, or that the edge of the case mouth hung up n the front edge of the magazine (the feed ramps prevent this) or the follower nosedives (the follower is an anti-tilt follower).

As soon as one person claimed a problem, many others parroted it, word for word. I have tested many magazines that could not be loaded with more than 5 rounds, and they loaded up and functioned fine.

We replaced the fully functional M1 and M2 magazines with M3 magazines, no questions asked, for 10 months from the introduction of the M3 magazines. Most people who claimed problems and asked for refunds refused to accept replacement when offered, leading us to believe that there were no true issues. By the end of the 10 months, almost every magazine we got back for replacement was well-used, obviously customers were using the replacement policy as a way to refresh their magazines after using them for some time. We made it clear to customers that there would be a cutoff on replacement of the magazines.

When people claimed problems, I went looking for problems. I worked to find a way to cause those problems. I could not find them. Customer after customer, magazine after magazine, I could not replicate the problems claimed.

I believe I have more experience with these magazines than anyone else in the US at this point. More than just shooting with them, I have been testing them extensively since early 2010. I know the people that make them and their dedication to quality. I know how the magazines function. Over and over, month after month, I have tested the exact magazines customers claimed problems with, even in rifles I know to be out of spec, and can find no problems.

So you tell me: What am I supposed to think when another customer says he has a problem with these magazines?
Here is what I think. If you really did contact us and request replacement during our replacement period, we will replace your magazines. If not, you take one or two magazines, label them clearly, and list the exact issues you claim to have, send them to me, and I will set up a video camera and test the magazines. If I find they have a problem, we will replace them. If, like in almost every other case, they show no factory defects, dimensions are dead on, and they function fine in multiple rifles, then I will let you know that we could find nothing worn with the magazines. I will even post the video on ARFCOM, like the one above.

I think you will find few companies who have gone further out of the way to stand behind a product.

We went well out of our way to support you guys during the panic. We did not want to. We knew how hard it would be. It was a hard decision. But we knew it was the right decision. In in return, everyone did all they could to cut our throat and destroy our reputation, and the reputation of our products.

Now we have a brand new product that we are announcing here. You have no idea about this product, you do not know what went into the development, you do not know what went into testing. You do not know anything about it, yet here you are warning people away from it. You are telling people that our other products will not function. This might be a game to you, the internet gives you a voice to attack a company, the forums are lots of fun, but for us, it is our work, and the work of others we respect, who care about putting out the best possible product. It is our livelihood, too, and it is our reputations as well. You can hide behind a screen name, we do not.

Something you should know about me - I will not stand behind a product unless I truly believe in it, ever. If I don't like it or don't trust it, I will tell you, even if it is a product we sell.

So if you contacted us during the replacement period, send me an email with that info. I have been hear all along. If you did not, send me a magazine - I will test it and post the video.

But don't come here and tear apart a product you know nothing about.

View Quote

I  have several (a shit load) of versions 1-3 E-Lander mags and they function flawlessly in my Colt rifles and my rifles with LMT lowers. Mako bent over backwards to supply customers with a great product at a fair price. They busted their ass to make changes to the mags for customers with out of spec rifles. I'm so sick of people bad mouthing Mako I could puke. Just because some customers panicked and over purchased isn't Mako's fault. If some of you assholes were unprepared and had no mags when the panic hit, that's on you. If your ol-lady is pissed because you broke the bank, that is also on you. I was well supplied with Magpuls when shit hit the fan and didn't really need E-Landers but I purchased some anyway. The price was right and the product is top notch. I'm no ones fan boy and if SHTF I would use E-Landers or Magpuls to save my ass. E-Lander is the best steel magazine out there. You bashers need to get right with your woman and/or your credit card companies and get off Mako's ass. Been contemplating ordering more E-Landers even though I have mags running out my ass.
Thank you Mako for filling the needs of many at a great price while other companies attempted to fuck us over with jacked up prices. CTD was pricing USED GI mags for $90.00+ a pop.
Again Mako, thank you!
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 2:52:19 AM EDT
[#41]
I remember the pics of the pallets of mags awaiting delivery, and the decision to sell them to us, the end users rather than retailers first, and at normal or sale prices. I also remember the revision, and the fact that most lowers that needed it were out of spec.

I remember the long hours OP spent online taking care of us, ( with me it was an M21 sight, getting me a great seal so I could afford it ), and hunting for me a FDE GL Shock stock, though we never found one, or I got mixed up on our communications about it, it was a busy time , parts were hard to get.

I also remember seeing, not only on this forum, but others, the resale at panic prices of E Lander mags, so there were people buying them for profit. I'm fine with that, it's capitalism at it's purest, but if you bought too many and are stuck, don't expect the company to send you a refund.

Link Posted: 7/18/2014 5:54:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
If we told you your magazines would be replaced, then I will personally make sure it gets done. Email me the communication in which we told you that we would replace the mags and it will be taken care of.

On the other hand, here is what happened:

We tested magazines for almost two years prior to importing, that had previously been tested by E-Lander, the IDF, who issues them as standard issue magazines, by independent testing labs, by IWI, who ships them with every Tavor outside the US, by Gilboa, by other manufacturers, and by other foreign militaries.We asked a number of US rifle manufacturers to test these magazines and ALL said they were the most perfectly-made, consistent MIL-SPEC magazines they had ever tested. In EVERY case EVERYONE who tested them could find no fault with the magazines. I tested them in somewhere around a hundred different rifles and machine guns and found NONE that had any issues with these magazines. I have now tested magazines for SCORES of customers who claimed issues with the magazines and found exactly 4 that had a true defect, and all four still functioned in EVERY rifle I tried them in. I have no reason to believe there is any problem with E-Lander magazines.

Soon after we began importing them, and selling them with no complaints from any customers, the Sandy Hook shooting occurred and there was a panicked run on magazines. Our distributors requested hundreds of thousands, and we could have send pallet loads to them and raked in the dough with little work. We could have even spiked the prices. Instead, we told the distributors and dealers that their orders were going to the back of the line and until the panic was over, we would ship only retail orders. We did not raise our prices. This ensured that our magazines would not sell above MSRP - none of our dealers that already had magazines could sell them over MSRP, because we forced the price to stay down. We had to hire extra people, it was tough. I slept only a few hours a night for months. Same with others a Mako.

After some time, a few people complained that the mags were hard to seat in their rifles. We immediately investigated, working with E-Lander and several rifle manufacturers to determine if there was a problem with the magazines. There was not. The E-Lander magazines were consistently dead on the target MIL-SPEC dimensions. The manufacturers explained and demonstrated to us what issues with the construction of rifles can lead to a hard-seating magazine. We interviews customers and determined that about 1% of civilian-market rifles are built in such a way that a true MIL-SPEC magazine will seat hard in them. We could have said, tough, the magazines are MIL-SPEC mags, which is what we clearly advertised them to be. We were, after all, in the middle of a panic with thousands of mags in stock and scrambling to try to get orders out.

Instead, we decided that if we were selling mags to a civilian market, then the mags should be designed for civilian rifles. So we stopped shipping the thousands magazines we had and made one small change that keeps the magazine within MIL-SPEC dimensions, with all dimensions dead on the target dimensions except for one that is moved out, but still within the allowable deviation. This keeps the mags MIL-SPEC, but allows them to seat in the 1% of civilian rifles that seat hard.

Then we told our customers that anyone who had a rifle that the magazines seated hard in could send them back for exchange for the revised magazines. We did this for a couple months, but few took advantage of it (less than 20 customers, total).

Then, the panic died and suddenly everyone wanted their money back. No one cared about the work we did, the extra headaches we went through to get magazines for them at a pre-panic price, the fact that we never raised prices, that we offered to replace magazines that were exactly as advertised with magazines redesigned to work with rifles that were out-of-spec. All people thought about was how much they spent on magazines and they wanted their money back. I spoke with men who cried on the phone with me over the fact that they had mortgaged their homes to buy magazines. Many customers were angry with us because we held the prices down. They had purchased hundreds of magazines with the intent to sell them at inflated prices, but could not. Hundreds of people demanded their money back. Distributors and dealers told us they were experiencing the same thing - when the panic subsided, everyone wanted to return magazines for a refund.

The result was that we got torn apart on this forum over it. Not because the magazines were bad, but because people wanted their money back.

A typical conversation with a customer went like this:
Customer: "I ordered 500 magazines from you a few months ago. I need to return those for a refund."
Me: "Why do you need to return them?"
Customer: "Well, I told my wife I needed to buy them 'cause they were going to be banned. But they didn't get banned so I need to return them."
Me: "We had those magazines made specifically to meet the demand. At this point we can't take returns on magazines for refund. We will replace any defective magazines."
Customer: "I post on a bunch of gun forums. If you don't take them back, I will post on every forum that your magazines are crap!"

People attacked the magazines for several reasons:
- We had several people who flat-out lied about the magazines. When called on it, it turned out they were Magpul fanboys and felt that they were somehow defending Magpul by attacking the reputation of our magazines. They flat told me that they would do whatever they could to keep us from competing with Magpul. These were the ones who started people complaining about the mags.
- We had people who really had an issue with seating the mags - they could be seated, but with a hard slap. From what we can determine, this took place in less that 1% of rifles.
- We had a lot of new or inexperienced AR shooters, who did not know what to expect with AR magazines.
-Some people had substandard parts in their ARs, but did not know how to trouble-shoot, so blamed the magazines.
- One of the biggest problems was new rifles with little or no lube, or the thick factory shipping oil. I helped hundreds of customers who could not get their rifles to function, and assumed it was the magazines, only to have all issues go away when I talked them through lubing their rifles.
- Some people flat-out lied. I have no other explanation for people claiming that no more than 5 rounds could be loaded in a magazine, or the magazine could not be unloaded, or that the edge of the case mouth hung up n the front edge of the magazine (the feed ramps prevent this) or the follower nosedives (the follower is an anti-tilt follower).

As soon as one person claimed a problem, many others parroted it, word for word. I have tested many magazines that could not be loaded with more than 5 rounds, and they loaded up and functioned fine.

We replaced the fully functional M1 and M2 magazines with M3 magazines, no questions asked, for 10 months from the introduction of the M3 magazines. Most people who claimed problems and asked for refunds refused to accept replacement when offered, leading us to believe that there were no true issues. By the end of the 10 months, almost every magazine we got back for replacement was well-used, obviously customers were using the replacement policy as a way to refresh their magazines after using them for some time. We made it clear to customers that there would be a cutoff on replacement of the magazines.

When people claimed problems, I went looking for problems. I worked to find a way to cause those problems. I could not find them. Customer after customer, magazine after magazine, I could not replicate the problems claimed.

I believe I have more experience with these magazines than anyone else in the US at this point. More than just shooting with them, I have been testing them extensively since early 2010. I know the people that make them and their dedication to quality. I know how the magazines function. Over and over, month after month, I have tested the exact magazines customers claimed problems with, even in rifles I know to be out of spec, and can find no problems.

So you tell me: What am I supposed to think when another customer says he has a problem with these magazines?
Here is what I think. If you really did contact us and request replacement during our replacement period, we will replace your magazines. If not, you take one or two magazines, label them clearly, and list the exact issues you claim to have, send them to me, and I will set up a video camera and test the magazines. If I find they have a problem, we will replace them. If, like in almost every other case, they show no factory defects, dimensions are dead on, and they function fine in multiple rifles, then I will let you know that we could find nothing worn with the magazines. I will even post the video on ARFCOM, like the one above.

I think you will find few companies who have gone further out of the way to stand behind a product.

We went well out of our way to support you guys during the panic. We did not want to. We knew how hard it would be. It was a hard decision. But we knew it was the right decision. In in return, everyone did all they could to cut our throat and destroy our reputation, and the reputation of our products.

Now we have a brand new product that we are announcing here. You have no idea about this product, you do not know what went into the development, you do not know what went into testing. You do not know anything about it, yet here you are warning people away from it. You are telling people that our other products will not function. This might be a game to you, the internet gives you a voice to attack a company, the forums are lots of fun, but for us, it is our work, and the work of others we respect, who care about putting out the best possible product. It is our livelihood, too, and it is our reputations as well. You can hide behind a screen name, we do not.

Something you should know about me - I will not stand behind a product unless I truly believe in it, ever. If I don't like it or don't trust it, I will tell you, even if it is a product we sell.

So if you contacted us during the replacement period, send me an email with that info. I have been hear all along. If you did not, send me a magazine - I will test it and post the video.

But don't come here and tear apart a product you know nothing about.

View Quote

You have convinced me to buy a few.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:38:34 AM EDT
[#43]
If the E-lander 6.5 Grendel mags are meant for Grendel shoulder location, how will they fit a longer one?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I remember the pics of the pallets of mags awaiting delivery, and the decision to sell them to us, the end users rather than retailers first, and at normal or sale prices. I also remember the revision, and the fact that most lowers that needed it were out of spec.

I remember the long hours OP spent online taking care of us, ( with me it was an M21 sight, getting me a great seal so I could afford it ), and hunting for me a FDE GL Shock stock, though we never found one, or I got mixed up on our communications about it, it was a busy time , parts were hard to get.

I also remember seeing, not only on this forum, but others, the resale at panic prices of E Lander mags, so there were people buying them for profit. I'm fine with that, it's capitalism at it's purest, but if you bought too many and are stuck, don't expect the company to send you a refund.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I also remember the months long wait for delivery of "in stock" magazines.

Quoted:
If the E-lander 6.5 Grendel mags are meant for Grendel shoulder location, how will they fit a longer one?

I question this as well, if one is really getting the best magazine or if it's just somewhere in the middle between two rather different cartridges with different diameters, shoulders, and cartridge tapers.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 1:23:47 PM EDT
[#45]
MSRP?

BTW I love your 5.56 mags. They are built like a tank.... I will be long gone before they cease to work!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Will there be smaller mags made as well?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:52:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Well now that you have a shit ton of mags and the mag panic is over, how about exchanging my 30 perfectly fine mags, with the new mags that work in average joe substandard ARs.

Good mags
Good price during the panic
But you still refuse to own up to a design that was very slightly out of alignment with what 90% of the customers were buying them for.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top