Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 10:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
looks good. Anything you would change on the build now that you have some rounds through it?
I have also been looking to using the AR platform for deer hunting since the regulations changed. Was considering the .50 beuwolf, but .450 bushmaster seems like an excellent choice since it made it on the approved list.
View Quote
Nothing I would change really like it so far but I'll know more after December
Link Posted: 9/15/2017 4:19:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Where can I find a dedicated .450 caliber in AR type. Not one stamped multi cal. Maybe one stamped .450?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#3]
My factory Bushy 450 upper has "450 Bushmaster" in the left side of the upper receiver.  If you are looking for a 450 stamped lower I have never seen one.

Link Posted: 9/21/2017 10:25:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone tried lancer mags in the 450? Get the joys of translucent with the metal feed lips
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried lancer mags in the 450? Get the joys of translucent with the metal feed lips
View Quote
Standard 223/556 lancer mags will work fairly well, especially the shorter 20rd magazines.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:10:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been using 10 round lancer mags. Work well as is. I can only load  3 in gun total for deer hunting in Ohio. I don't want any extra unused mag hanging out to snag or bump while hunting.
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks I'll get some lancers to try out
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 10:07:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've been using 10 round lancer mags. Work well as is. I can only load  3 in gun total for deer hunting in Ohio. I don't want any extra unused mag hanging out to snag or bump while hunting.
View Quote
3rd limit that blows
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#9]
OST.
Link Posted: 11/20/2017 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:  I've been using 10 round lancer mags. Work well as is. I can only load  3 in gun total for deer hunting in Ohio. I don't want any extra unused mag hanging out to snag or bump while hunting.
View Quote
Promag & Thermold both have flush-fit 10 round mags.  Promag has a flush-fit 5 round as well, steel.
Link Posted: 12/5/2017 9:36:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Loving my 450 its put some meat in the freezer learned a few things

5rd bushmaster mags moded to load 7 won't seat on a closed bolt

all mags have a hard time stripping the 1st rd

I was using 30rd elander with 10rds loaded and I didn't like them near as much as the shorter 20s in my treestand

Got an order in for some 20rd translucent lancers to try next
Link Posted: 12/6/2017 10:47:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

3rd limit that blows
View Quote
Ill agree and say it's a stupid fudd rule, but it never really seemed like a big deal.  Most of the time after the first shot the deer is either dead or running, and you still have couple follow up shots if needed.

This 3 rounds thing is only for deer gun season, if your hunting coyotes you can use your drumag if you want.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top