Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2005 9:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I think most people are interested in the lower, not necessarily stripped. They just want the option of putting an upper on it from a company with a better repuation for quality.

That's been a question that nobody has been able to answer with 100% surety. Even Olympic themselves can't say whether the rifle would function properly if you used a different upper with their Glock lower.

I've pretty much given up on the hopes that another company will produce their own Glock mag AR. I'm planning on buying the complete rifle and then suppressing it.

Howdy guys, youre friendly norwegian, stuck in texas dropping inn...

As many of you do, i really want a glock lower from OLY, i already have the PCR9 9x19 carbine, with sten gun adapter and magazines. But I also have 3 9mm glocks... so the glock magsine oppurtunity is fairly tempting.  Unfortunately the Norwegian government introduced a "assault weapons ban" last year, a copy of the one you just got rid off...(Thanks fot that...) so i wont be able to get a new complet GL9, but possibly a new lower.
Does anyone have an idea if the GL9 lower, will function with the "normal" 9mm upper? and would the GL9 upper function with a normal lower with forexample a stengun mag adapter?

If so, i guess it would be possible for me to buy a complete GL9, bring the lower back to Norway and sell the upper to a needy soul.

Link Posted: 10/23/2005 5:10:12 PM EDT
[#2]
glock223, what specific problems did you have with the Glock 31 mags? If they were downloaded to 25 rounds, did they function correctly Or did they trouble you, no matter what remedy you attempted?
Link Posted: 10/24/2005 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
glock223, what specific problems did you have with the Glock 31 mags? If they were downloaded to 25 rounds, did they function correctly Or did they trouble you, no matter what remedy you attempted?

Well, to be honest with you, never downloaded them to 25 rounds.  The problem that I had with the 31 rounders was the magazine not seating far enough into the mag well, and when the bolt would go forward, it wasn't allowing the next round to be chambered and was driving the mag out of the mag well.  A little work with an exacto knife and a finger nail file seemed to remedy the problem with those 23 mags.  I've had ZERO probs with the other 2 31 rounders and any and all G17 and G19 mags that i've put in it.

Just sold it and shipped it today to scottMO here on the boards to fund my purchase of a BW 5
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:47:43 PM EDT
[#4]
bump
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:11:44 PM EDT
[#5]
We have twelve of the Oly Glock rifles at our school www.rogers-shooting-school.com and they run pretty well. Our program puts about 1600 rounds through each rifle over two days so we're pretty hard on them.

The first generation transfer bar  for the magazine follower was too thin and was prone to breakage. Bill Rogers talked to Oly about it and they have beefed it up, so it is a much better part now. The down side is that it is so thick that the uppers have to be machined to create clearance for the new style transfer bar.

The magazine catch spring on the latest rifles is too heavy. It 's very difficult to depress with your trigger finger, so we lightened them.

The 33 round Glock magazines work well, although we don't typically load them to full capacity.

There was a problem with the rifles going into burst mode after a while, but we found out that the firing pin springs were taking a set which allowed the rifles to slam fire. After replacing the firing pins with titanium pins, the problem went away.

The older school guns have about 20K rounds a piece through them and they are still working well. We're pretty happy with them and how they enhance our program.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top