BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 7:44:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the gen1 that has been through 2 Battleroad USA Zombie Biathlon. it has survived a bunch of drops and falls. still working out great.

My wife has no issue hitting steel at up to 400yards with this scope (longest range we have). Little explaining needed, all she is told is use the 4 hash mark.

only scope I would trade it for, would be the PA 1-8sfp.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:04:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Your getting a lot of bang for your buck for the cost and what this scope has to offer.  Once everything was explained regarding this optic its right on point price wise.  You can always spend more if you choose but if your budget don't fit.  This may just work for you.  Spend once cry once is my moto.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

whats the battery life?
what country makes the glass?
About 250 hrs. remember it is not a red dot you don;t need the illumination to see the reticle.

China
Battery life shouldn't be an issue then.
However, I think shooting past 200 yards with Chinese glass would be less than optimal. And at 500 yards it would be terrible.
But, for the cost I guess its not too bad of an option.
Your getting a lot of bang for your buck for the cost and what this scope has to offer.  Once everything was explained regarding this optic its right on point price wise.  You can always spend more if you choose but if your budget don't fit.  This may just work for you.  Spend once cry once is my moto.
I agree.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Not picking a fight or anything, but I do want to point out that Chinese glass and manufacturing competency has increased exponentially just in the past five years. There was a time when I would have agreed with you, that anything past 200-300 yards with a sub-$300 optic would be difficult to pull off. You could pull it off if conditions were right, but could you do it every time, consistently?

Fast forward to 2017 and a lot has changed. For example, here's one of my favorite videos of our products, this is the guys from Insane Accuracy running an M1a with one of our 4-14x44 FFP 308 scopes mounted. They start at a thousand yards and work their way down to 250 yards without ever touching a turret or counting clicks, just using the BDC and holdovers. That's a scope we have in stock right now for $279.99 and it'll survive indefinitely on that .308.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFfXhgZ8ErM

Obviously I'm not even remotely trying to be unbiased here. I mostly just enjoy sharing this old video when I get the chance. :)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
However, I think shooting past 200 yards with Chinese glass would be less than optimal. And at 500 yards it would be terrible.
Not picking a fight or anything, but I do want to point out that Chinese glass and manufacturing competency has increased exponentially just in the past five years. There was a time when I would have agreed with you, that anything past 200-300 yards with a sub-$300 optic would be difficult to pull off. You could pull it off if conditions were right, but could you do it every time, consistently?

Fast forward to 2017 and a lot has changed. For example, here's one of my favorite videos of our products, this is the guys from Insane Accuracy running an M1a with one of our 4-14x44 FFP 308 scopes mounted. They start at a thousand yards and work their way down to 250 yards without ever touching a turret or counting clicks, just using the BDC and holdovers. That's a scope we have in stock right now for $279.99 and it'll survive indefinitely on that .308.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFfXhgZ8ErM

Obviously I'm not even remotely trying to be unbiased here. I mostly just enjoy sharing this old video when I get the chance. :)

That is at a range where the targets are super easy to see. Very bright colors and open range with no camo background.
Try that on a tree line with a guy standing in camo in front of the tree line.
Then add mirage to the picture.
Chinese glass will not show that target especially and distance.

So, for the price its good and will do great at the range.
But, in the woods or any real world applications especially when there is mirage this scope wouldn't be very good.
Since my weapons are not just for range work I'm going to go with better glass like Japanese or German.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Very happy with my PA Gen 2, looking forward to this new model once I finish up a couple other products.

I've always been impressed with the value on these scopes, but then I'm not pointing guns at people in treelines wearing camo.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Very happy with my PA Gen 2, looking forward to this new model once I finish up a couple other products.

I've always been impressed with the value on these scopes, but then I'm not pointing guns at people in treelines wearing camo.
View Quote
And, that's my point.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:27:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 8:09:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

whats the battery life?
what country makes the glass?
About 250 hrs. remember it is not a red dot you don;t need the illumination to see the reticle.

China
I've been running a Gen 2 1-6x on one of my AR's for a year or two now and while it's not the clearest scope, it's great for its price range and other features. I've had no trouble at 400 & 500yds (furthest targets at my current range). 

I also have to say I really like reticle, I can take people out there that have never really shot a anything before and have them hitting a 400yd torso target in just a few rounds!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#9]
This may exist, but I would really like to see some kind of torture test on this optic. Debating this for when my SBR/can stamps comes in for a mini recce deal.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:05:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 11:51:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Robski and AKOU has been using it for awhile on his occasional AR projects and on a lot of 5.45 guns. He's pretty rough on his stuff.

MrGunsNGear has a couple of shooting reviews out, but I wouldn't call them "torture tests".

Out of curiosity, what do you guys like to see in a "torture test"? What are the data points that make you say "Ok, that's the one for me, I've made my decision!"
View Quote
Your scopes are tough as fuck.  week long bear hunt in Alaska mountains demonstrated that to me.  I guess I could post a picture but that scope got beat hard and held zero fine.  

Heavy, yeah.  I guess I could argue the clarity vis a vis the higher end Japanese/German scopes.  I am not dialing a 1-4 or a 1-6 so I don't care.   If the light is so bad that it makes a difference maybe I shouldn't be taking that shot.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 1:36:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Any updates on the FDE version?
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 8:56:54 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:13:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No ETA as of now. The color was not consistent. We are waiting for another set of samples.
View Quote
Understandable. I'd rather wait a bit for the better product. Love your communication with your customers!
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No ETA as of now. The color was not consistent. We are waiting for another set of samples.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any chance you would sell me one of your "blem painted" FDE Gen III 1-6x ACSS scopes?

Link Posted: 5/13/2017 7:32:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I would also be interested in a blem for a camo project!
Link Posted: 5/30/2017 3:19:35 PM EDT
[#17]
How well are these new scopes penetrating the market now?  With all this glass out its tough to make a decision.
Link Posted: 6/3/2017 12:27:56 PM EDT
[#18]
I've been holding out on the grey colored version you had at SHOT. Is that still going to be an option?
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 9:43:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 1:52:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone done any hunting with this optic yet?  I wonder how it would work out for deer, hogs and predators.
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:29:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How’s the FDE color coming?
Link Posted: 10/12/2017 11:56:25 PM EDT
[#22]
How would you compare the glass to something like a Vortex Viper PST?
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:30:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/13/2017 8:32:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/10/2017 9:39:47 PM EDT
[#25]
My Gen 3 was delivered Wednesday. I haven't been able to shoot it yet but initially I'm very impressed. I wasn't expecting it to be this clean. Virtually no fish-eye at 1x (I'm looking at you strike eagle). Eye box feels a little small and 1x is more like 1.1x inside 25yds. I'm really looking forward to getting this out on the range.
Link Posted: 11/18/2017 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#26]
60 day rule
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top