Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/5/2008 9:54:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Got mine yesterday and they are awesome, thanks!
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 3:54:01 AM EDT
[#2]
I spoke with Denny yesterday 12/05/08  he said the new batch would be in in the next few days, I ordered my on line after talking with him.
Reaper
Link Posted: 12/6/2008 6:28:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Denny's Guns lower receiver.

My new lower receiver.  Check out the features in the full description.  It is unique with the features you want.

Features:
Forged from 7075 T6 Aluminum
Milspec type III Hard Coat Anodizing
Super Clean Machining for great looks
EDM Magazine well, smooth and in spec.
Set screw to adjust upper receiver tension.  Fits my CMT/Stags perfect
Low Shelf
Marked SAFE and SEMI both sides.
Denny's Guns Logo
No Caliber Marking
CNC Machined on the latest upto date equipment for superior accuracy.
All markings are Laser Engraved for clarity and consistancy

Check out all the pictures to see the quality of this lower.
It may be the best lower on the market.

Shown here with a CMT/Stag upper for color comparison.  These lowers are black.
http://globaltactical.com/_img.upload/upload/DG%20LOWER%20W%20UPPER.jpg

The new logo
http://globaltactical.com/_img.upload/upload/LOGO.jpg

Side view with CMT/Stag upper
http://globaltactical.com/_img.upload/upload/UPPER%20LOWER%20FULL%20VIEW.jpg

Low shelf
http://globaltactical.com/_img.upload/upload/LOW%20SHELF.jpg

Upper receiver tensioning screw so you can set you upper tight as you want.  

http://globaltactical.com/_img.upload/upload/REAR%20REC%20BOTTOM.jpg

My magazine well are cut with an EDM for absolute accuracy and smoothness.

http://globaltactical.com/_img.upload/upload/MAG%20WELL.jpg

Oh yeah, did you notice the finish is flawless

Link Posted: 12/6/2008 4:11:47 PM EDT
[#4]
No caliber markings?  Ohhh.  Still have any around?  IM me please.
Link Posted: 12/7/2008 7:47:41 AM EDT
[#5]
TTT
Denny,
Do you have any updated information about these parts?
I have placed an order thru the automated part of your website and have not been able to get any confirmation.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Mark
RVSM @ mail.com

Link Posted: 12/7/2008 7:59:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/7/2008 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Denny,

I also placed an order via your website but did not receive an email confirmation either.

Am I correct in my assumption that placing an order online today (even though they're currently out of stock) puts me in line for receivers that you expect in a couple of weeks?  
If you need payment in advance, feel free to charge my card now, and add 3% to cover your processing fee... I just want to make it worth your while to accept my order.

Respectfully,

Roaster

Happy Valley, OR
Link Posted: 12/7/2008 5:56:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just want to make it worth your while to accept my order.

Roaster,

just a quick note.  i've been dealing with Denny @ GTS since the spring of 1896.  the absolute best way to work with him to ensure that you get exactly what you want, when you want, is to call him up.  he answers the phone seemingly 24x7, and will provide you technical insight if you need it and just as importantly clarification of your order status.  you'll probably also get an earful on whatever topic is on his mind as well (that part is free).  summary: call him up.  he'll whip out his little yellow "to-do" pad, and sort out your order.

http://global-tactical.com/contact-us.aspx

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 12/7/2008 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/8/2008 2:31:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Carl look again it is marked ar16.... Is this a problem owning? doug
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 7:54:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Do these come with documentation that they are Virgin Lowers?
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

What ?
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 9:22:04 AM EDT
[#13]
The ATF letter says that they have to be verified by the manufacturer that they have never been used in a rifle configuration.
Do you get something to that effect?
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 9:46:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The ATF letter says that they have to be verified by the manufacturer that they have never been used in a rifle configuration.
Do you get something to that effect?

WHAT??
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 2:10:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roaster,

just a quick note.  i've been dealing with Denny @ GTS since the spring of 1896.  

ar-jedi

Denny you must be one old dude to still be bustin' away with AR's....and I was hoping to just make it to my 80's.
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ?

Dude, take a chill pill.  These are new production lowers, I would know I have 3 of them which I picked up from Denny in his office, in which we talked about in detail just how NEW (Virgin?) these are.

Matt
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 6:07:06 PM EDT
[#17]
FNG would like to know if he can get in on some of these?
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 6:51:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Denny

Just placed an order will send you the FFL 411 tomorrow.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2008 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
FNG would like to know if he can get in on some of these?

READ:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Roaster,

just a quick note.  i've been dealing with Denny @ GTS since the spring of 1896.  the absolute best way to work with him to ensure that you get exactly what you want, when you want, is to call him up.  he answers the phone seemingly 24x7, and will provide you technical insight if you need it and just as importantly clarification of your order status.  you'll probably also get an earful on whatever topic is on his mind as well (that part is free).  summary: call him up.  he'll whip out his little yellow "to-do" pad, and sort out your order.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 12/9/2008 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Thats fine. When you picked them up He knew to put them on a 4473 as pistol loweres.
Im dealing with a small time dealer who doesnt know anything about pistol lowers, so I guess Im trying to make it a little easier on myself when I get to his shop and try and explain it to him.
Always nice to have paper to back up your word.
Maybe I better just buy Spikes Pistol lower . At least its marked so I dont have to explain it to him.
I would rather it wasnt marked but it might just be easier.
Link Posted: 12/11/2008 6:30:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Denny will you post here and let us know when you get the shipment in?
thanks
Ken S
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/12/2008 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#23]
DEnny, picked up my lowers today-absolute best I have ever seen, and I mean in my whole friggin life

The receiver extensions were not included nor the other stuff I ordered, guess it's coming under seperate cover

Alan
Link Posted: 12/13/2008 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Denny will you post here and let us know when you get the shipment in?
thanks
Ken S

Sure will.

Thanks to the guys above who answered questions for other members.  I have not been able to spend much time on the boards, but trust me, I have been up late most nights.

That's OK Denny.  Someone ought to write a book, "It takes a Village to Raise a New Build"!

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 5:08:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Howdy, I was informed that my loving wife placed an order for one of these on 11/26/08, any idea of an ETA on this awesome Christmas present?

Link Posted: 12/27/2008 9:52:37 PM EDT
[#26]
That lower looks like it is made by tatical innovations here in Idaho I just picked 2 up myself....VERY fine made lowers...
Link Posted: 12/27/2008 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#27]
YEah, Denny said no secret squirrel stuff abuout it, and disclosed that TI did make his lowers this round.  I have 4 of them-excellent kit
Link Posted: 12/28/2008 2:39:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Still out of stock.
Link Posted: 12/28/2008 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Still out of stock.

anyone talked to denny? any kind of date on when they will be in stock?
Link Posted: 12/28/2008 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Well I have to say nice work. Does anyone know when or if any will be up for sale? Also I seen there was a price of $144.95 will that still be the price?
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I just seen that it has the AR-16 markings. What is the diff. between the AR-15 & AR-16 and would this work in a AR-15?
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 4:16:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

I just seen that it has the AR-16 markings. What is the diff. between the AR-15 & AR-16 and would this work in a AR-15?

Nothing and yes, it's just trademark.
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 4:27:26 PM EDT
[#33]
nice looking lower.
I would like to get one when there back in stock,anyone hear from denny on availability??
Link Posted: 12/29/2008 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Thanks VelveteenMole,
It will be nice when there are more up for sale.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 11:32:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Denny,

I have emailed several times and tried to call also but have not got through lately, mailbox is full. I still show open orders, so I'm not sure if you have received my emails. If you could cancel orders 6283 and 6570 (placed 11/7 and 11/12 respectively) that would be great. As much as I'd love to have your receivers, I had to build on what I could get. I sent emails to that effect more than two weeks ago. Next time around, hopefully stock will be better. Perhaps somebody can move up the list if you had backlog committed to my orders.

Sounds like they're still runnin' you ragged...

MB
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 6:22:46 PM EDT
[#36]
What rounds can this handle (223/5.56,6.5,6.8,302)??
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 6:47:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

...any round that an upper receiver designed to fit to an AR15 lower can handle. It's really that simple. I'm not actually familiar with .302 and I didn't look it up, but if they make AR15 (in the generic sense) barrels in it that fit in AR15 upper receivers then that means yes. Aside from .302, everything else you named will work with a simple bolt, barrel, and magazine swap.
Link Posted: 12/30/2008 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

...any round that an upper receiver designed to fit to an AR15 lower can handle. It's really that simple. I'm not actually familiar with .302 and I didn't look it up, but if they make AR15 (in the generic sense) barrels in it that fit in AR15 upper receivers then that means yes. Aside from .302, everything else you named will work with a simple bolt, barrel, and magazine swap.

WoW. everyone like yourself has been so helpful. After what I have seen posted on this site from setup and part info I know I found the right place to come. Upgrading my membership is a must.
I guess we must wait to see when there are more.

Thanks once more and I will try to stop asking things.......lol
Link Posted: 12/31/2008 12:15:02 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WoW. everyone like yourself has been so helpful. After what I have seen posted on this site from setup and part info I know I found the right place to come. Upgrading my membership is a must.

I guess we must wait to see when there are more.

Thanks once more and I will try to stop asking things.......lol
No man, feel free. That's the whole point, pay it forward and all that jazz. I've learned so much on here it's insane. I'd pay attention to the tacked threads in the technical sections as a primer on what makes one lower receiver different to the degree any of them are, what parts break, what brands to trust at different levels of usage. Frankly, even if it's not AR related, you can get just about any question in the world answered on here if you pick the right forum, title the thread right, ask the question well, and wait (usually not long). There's a lot of expertise in every industry under the sun on here and people love to show what they know (caveat emptor of course). Lots of idiots and goofballs of course, myself included depending on when you catch me, just like any large cross section of the population.

Link Posted: 1/2/2009 7:21:19 AM EDT
[#40]
I talked to Denny today, he's working on getting some more lowers. As we all know hes up to his eyeballs in work......lol
Link Posted: 1/5/2009 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Damn when I ordered mine the first week in December, he was "expecting them any day"
Link Posted: 1/6/2009 4:53:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Any news on order #7048?

Link Posted: 1/6/2009 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#43]
I just want to place a order. There is no more buy button up just the view button.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Has there been any word on what orders are shipping recently?
I have order 6873 still open.
Link Posted: 1/7/2009 3:53:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Has there been any word on what orders are shipping recently?
I have order 6873 still open.

Try giving him a call. When I talked to him I was told he was having more lowers done. I was told I could go to the website and place a order but the buy button is not there.
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 8:10:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roaster,

just a quick note.  i've been dealing with Denny @ GTS since the spring of 1896. [snip]

ar-jedi

Old sonsabitches aren't ya?
Link Posted: 1/8/2009 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#47]
I tried to call today and the cell phone voice mail box is full.  

Denny did you get the FFL information from the postal mail on my order #74xx

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/10/2009 1:04:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Denny,

Question-

I read on the manufacturer's website that they use .156 trigger and hammer pin holes?

That is .002 larger than standard pins that come with a CMT, RRA, Stag LPK.

It seems that some folks are having issues with getting standard trigger pins to work in this maker's lower...

Is there a special pin size that is required?

http://www.tacticalinc.com/forged-precision-machinedbr-ar15-lower-receiver-p-1080.html

I never heard of .156 pins?[>:/]

Are the ones on the DG lowers .156 or .154 standard?

Link Posted: 1/10/2009 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your cell phone mail box is full, I really would like to know if this product is avalible to California customers.

Sorry, no.  Too much extra paper work and we are swamped

Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.
Link Posted: 1/12/2009 6:54:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Regarding Trigger & Hammer Pin Hole Sizes

I have a couple of Denny's lowers on order, so I can't speak about their hole size yet.  

Yesterday I built a LaRue Stealth (billet) lower with a Geissele DMR trigger, so I can share some information from Geissele's Installation Instructions.  

One of the first steps is to test the fit of the supplied GA pins in the pin holes of the lower receiver.  Geissele suggests that if the supplied pins can be slipped into place using only finger pressure, the receivers holes are "oversized", in which case the supplied oversized hammer pin should be used.  The standard Geissele pins are 0.1558", and the oversized pin is 0.0005" larger.  The instructions state that it is acceptable for the trigger pin to have a slightly loose fit, but they're wanting an interference fit with the hammer pin.  My LaRue pin holes were "oversized" so I used the standard GA trigger pin, and the oversized GA hammer pin.  I felt a bit uneasy about using a pin punch and hammer to drive the hammer pin into place, but I am new to AR building, and followed Geissele's instructions to the letter.  By the way, I spoke to Mr. Geissele about pin fit, and he stated that his trigger should NOT be installed using 0.154" or 0.1555" KNS non-rotating pins.  They lack the grooves that allow engagement of a circlip in the hammer assembly, and they are "soft" compared to the supplied GA pins.  The KNS pins would work well with a Timney drop-in trigger, as added insurance in the event that the set-screws in the trigger body were to work loose, allowing the pins to fall out.
Page / 4
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top