User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 44
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn. Navy EOD gets some toys! Magpul Stock, VLTOR rail system, Grip-Pod, Magwell funnels.

i2.tinypic.com/qq8vpl.jpg

You forgot to mention the ChopMod  Mk14  

Nathan

Yeah, that's nice too.

I don't know about the Streamlights though.
Link Posted: 3/5/2006 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:16:59 AM EDT
[#3]
great thread!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:24:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Damn. Navy EOD gets some toys! Magpul Stock, VLTOR rail system, Grip-Pod, Magwell funnels.

You forgot to mention the ChopMod  Mk14  

Nathan

I was gonna say, not to meantion the tricked out m14!!!!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:40:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank God for toys, and the fact that I can buy them. And God bless our troops...And Police Officers.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 4:46:40 AM EDT
[#6]
As far as the "are they marked MK18" or not.  Let me just clarify, I have had XXX (unspecified, triple digit number) of them pass through my hands.  Not a single one was marked MK18.  I also had the luxury, er job, to zero every single one of them, twice.  Irons and optics.  My job sucks.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 5:12:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Want2race, We need of Photos of the MK18 up close and you shooting them.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I can't get a picture up close of just the 18.  No cameras allowed in my shop.
I'm sure you'll notice my super cool guy belt.  Hint, I only wear BDU's when I feel like it therefore I wear the thickest leather belt I have.  It happens to be a "No Fear" belt.  

Testing out NVG for overcast, day use.  It sucked.  I've since mounted an ACOG.  This one is my travel companion.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:13:13 AM EDT
[#9]
Anybody know of a soure for the 10.5" barrel?  Does anybody know what the markings are on them?  Should be C MP CB under the handguards like the 11.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Wannt2race, are the uppers Colt with the Forge marks on the side of the upper or LMT ?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:31:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Anybody know of a soure for the 10.5" barrel?  Does anybody know what the markings are on them?  Should be C MP CB under the handguards like the 11.5" barrel.

SAW has 10.3 inch barrels, and the uppers that go with them.   For extra cool guy points, get the reliability package.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#13]
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CQBR

C and Key hole on upper.  Upper and Lower are Colt.  I remember the wrapper that they came in.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Are they the ones with the bayo lug?

I'm not talking about the ones with the flash hider directly ahead of the front sight base without the bayo lug.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Here's closer look at a SEALs CQBR.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not talking about the ones with the flash hider directly ahead of the front sight base without the bayo lug.

YardDogOne does not have a bayo lug on lhis Colt.
I am not sure?  It may be best if you email SAW.  

But if the factory Colt 10.3" barrels do not come with bayo lug, then maybe that's the way to ID the origin of some of these uppers . . . ?

(you can see the difference between a 10.3" and 10.5" because a 10.3" has its flash hider backed all the way back to the FSB)
Colt 14.5" M4 chopped by Crane = 10.3" with bayo lug
Colt 10.3" upper built by Colt = 10.3" with no bayo lug
LMT 10.5" upper = 10.5" with bayo lug
(just a guess?)  

All the pictures we have seen clearly show a 10.5" barrel with the lug.

YardDogOne's barrel is a 10" barrel of the same length used on the XM177.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

But if the factory Colt 10.3" barrels do not come with bayo lug, then maybe that's the way to ID the origin of some of these uppers . . . ?

(you can see the difference between a 10.3" and 10.5" because a 10.3" has its flash hider backed all the way back to the FSB)
(just a guess?)  

All the close up pics I have are the same as the one S-1 just posted in regards to barrel length, bayonet lug (covered by flash light in that picture), and KAC flash hider.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Here's another.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:17:10 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

(just a guess?)  

All the close up pics I have are the same as the one S-1 just posted in regards to barrel length, bayonet lug (covered by flash light in that picture), and KAC flash hider.

Yes, its clearly the 10.5" barrel with lug.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#24]
is this the official military 10.5 or just the one the navy chose to put together?

also what are the barrel specs?    

ETA: oh i see it now.

looks like a great package, very smooth, snag free.  what's the make of the handguard?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#25]
back to the top.

need to read later.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#26]

Very interesting setup.

Who made the magwell?

Which group do they belong to?

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
They are not just in the Phillipines BTW...

damn imageshack shit the bed on me...
i2.tinypic.com/qq8v91.jpg

Oh, they are not really Mk18 CQB-Rs

I just caught this thread and the whole story of the Mk18... seems Paul knows what is going on there

I really didnt expect to see a TR21/Larue on that baby!!!! Very cool

I just got mine and Im really beginning to like it, wish I had one of the Little carbines too though!
chuck
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:16:35 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Very interesting setup.

Who made the magwell?

Navy EOD
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:23:06 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Very interesting setup.

Who made the magwell?

It looks like an Arrendondo magwell (painted), some 3 gunners use them.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 5:08:37 AM EDT
[#30]
that is so kewl.  accupoints in Larue SPR mounts on SBR's.  looks like they read arfkom....
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
that is so kewl.  accupoints in Larue SPR mounts on SBR's.  looks like they read arfkom....

I did talk extensively hear on BARF.com in regards to  the optics package I developed  with LaRue  hoping the info would be useful to others in harms way, AFTER IT WAS COMBAT PROVEN.  This board had nothing / zero to do with the development of any thing in this weapons package.

The Arredondo mag well is supplied in CB not painted.
Out.
2011BLDR
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:47:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:47:04 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i2.tinypic.com/qq8v91.jpg]
Very interesting setup.

Who made the magwell?

That's ugly.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:57:17 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I did talk extensively hear on BARF.com in regards to  the optics package I developed  with LaRue  hoping the info would be useful to others in harms way, AFTER IT WAS COMBAT PROVEN.  This board had nothing / zero to do with the development of any thing in this weapons package.

Out.
2011BLDR

Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Out.
2011BLDR

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't know, something about the Arredondo mag well reminds me of a man wearing a skirt.  Just not right.  Very "dainty."

I'm sure it works.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:23:40 AM EDT
[#37]
It's not a dress.  It's a kilt.

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#38]
I wonder how they (the magwells) are installed onto the weapon.

Nathan
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 1:35:40 PM EDT
[#39]
I started a Mk18 build today. LMT 10.5 upper, LMT rear sight, KAC free float rail, Bushmaster lower. LMT stock. AAC SCAR-SD suppressor. AAC Phantom flash hider.

I just fired 11 shots with the SCAR-SD indoors and it sounded good. This is the right can for entry or defense -- when you probably won't shoot but want to be protected if you do.

Oh -- the AAC flash hider works fine on this barrel length.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I'm sure you'll notice my super cool guy belt.  Hint, I only wear BDU's when I feel like it therefore I wear the thickest leather belt I have.  It happens to be a "No Fear" belt.  

Testing out NVG for overcast, day use.  It sucked.  I've since mounted an ACOG.  This one is my travel companion.

i2.tinypic.com/qstnw0.jpg

Fear of what, decent taste?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I wonder how they (the magwells) are installed onto the weapon.

Nathan

They fit over the lip of the mag well, held there by 3 screws.  Pretty solid, but it will break off if the rifle is dropped on its side.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 2:56:32 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i2.tinypic.com/qq8v91.jpg]
Very interesting setup.

Who made the magwell?

apparently so do a few queens!

j/k..........

I suppose you need a bit of flair in these competitions. Something to make your rig unique in a field full of clones
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:35:13 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG, what is with that friggen belt?  Have you seen that pic before?  I got the same damn comment from my bro's on another forum.  

Tell you what, since you seem to be focused on that belt too I have a picture just for you.

wait for it.

wait for it.

MEAT GAZER!    Mwuhahahahahahaha

Let's just say I NEED a heavy duty belt.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:10:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG, what is with that friggen belt?  Have you seen that pic before?  I got the same damn comment from my bro's on another forum.  

Tell you what, since you seem to be focused on that belt too I have a picture just for you.

wait for it.

wait for it.

i2.tinypic.com/r08avr.jpg

MEAT GAZER!    Mwuhahahahahahaha

Let's just say I NEED a heavy duty belt.

So that's where all the kleenex went?

I wonder what other fourm; I guess great minds think alike.

ETA:  It just looks weird, with the BDU pants and all.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Very interesting setup.

Who made the magwell?

I think they are 82nd airborne
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 12:34:26 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.arredondoaccessories.com/images/AR-MGW.jpg

apparently so do a few queens!

j/k..........

I suppose you need a bit of flair in these competitions. Something to make your rig unique in a field full of clones

Personally I don't like the Arrendondo magwells.  They don't truely work like a magwell does on my STI pistol.

This is my 3 gun rifle and Limited pistol for USPSA and 3 gun.

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:24:20 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I started a Mk18 build today. LMT 10.5 upper, LMT rear sight, KAC free float rail, Bushmaster lower. LMT stock. AAC SCAR-SD suppressor. AAC Phantom flash hider.

I just fired 11 shots with the SCAR-SD indoors and it sounded good. This is the right can for entry or defense -- when you probably won't shoot but want to be protected if you do.

Oh -- the AAC flash hider works fine on this barrel length.

Come on, you can't post things like that and not include pictures :D
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 1:56:24 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

SAW has 10.3 inch barrels, and the uppers that go with them.   For extra cool guy points, get the reliability package.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

I did detect a slight sacasm, but haven't many proclaimed the 10.5 as finicky? And even more so for those shorter?

Link Posted: 3/9/2006 3:10:50 AM EDT
[#50]
too bad this has gone off topic in so many different directions, none of them god
Page / 44
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top