Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 51
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:41:32 AM EDT
[#1]
MIKE ROCK IS A F-ING ROCKSTAR.....I put 140rds. of Hornady 55gr vmax through the MRPs this morning and I am still glowing

I can plot tighter with two loads....bh's 68gr. Match HP(T2 hollow point bullet) or the 75 gr. TAP T2(T2 hollow point bullet) and get another .25" tighter than with the Hornady Vmax 55gr.  but that is it.....this little damn 55gr. ballistic tip round easily plots better than  BH's 75/77gr smk, TAP .223 75gr. FPD, PRZI 69gr./75gr. match.

Only thing I am gonna run through it besides the T2 loads and a ton more of 55gr. vmax is the BH's 55gr. vmax and the the TAP vmax 55gr just to do a little bit more experimenting.

I LOVE MRPS, DAMN I LOVE MRPS

Its time the groups on the right start to match the ones on the left....the SS 16" is a must have.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 1:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]

GUESS WHAT JUST ARRIVED IN THE SATURDAY MAIL?

custom 12.5" MRP barrel by SR47. (M, thank you.)

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]

OH SNAP!!!  That looks badass...
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 2:55:51 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks...

the *regulars* from this thread are responsible for all of this. buddy, duff, Trident, WES, edwin... who did i forget?

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:10:49 PM EDT
[#5]

HOLY SHIT BATMAN...sorry mods, that deserves it, that is so, so sexy and seeing that whole combo makes me realize that the damn PROs reside in this thread....amateurs need not apply as you guys are doing stuff with these MRP chassis's that have Eugene doing the Robot as we speak..

ETA... no crap. just starred at the monitor at those pics for prob. 5 min.   That is just so damn custom it makes my mind hurt thinking on the VAST and ENDLESS possibilities we all have with these systems... once you gents introduced these beautiful Dimpled and re contoured barrels into the MRP game.. it was really the last piece in terms of the total barrel and caliber package in conjunct w. a mrp chassis.  KAC dimples is just insult to injury.

YOU ARE SO SNEAKY, you play your cards to your vest granted we general discuss things first but all of sudden you just pop out with new NV, Cans.....KAC dimpled MRP barrels....I gotta log off, way to excited and in all seriousness this is the only thread ever to do it to me...so forgive me.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
MIKE ROCK IS A F-ING ROCKSTAR.....I put 140rds. of Hornady 55gr vmax through the MRPs this morning and I am still glowing

I can plot tighter with two loads....bh's 68gr. Match HP(T2 hollow point bullet) or the 75 gr. TAP T2(T2 hollow point bullet) and get another .25" tighter than with the Hornady Vmax 55gr.  but that is it.....this little damn 55gr. ballistic tip round easily plots better than  BH's 75/77gr smk, TAP .223 75gr. FPD, PRZI 69gr./75gr. match.

Only thing I am gonna run through it besides the T2 loads and a ton more of 55gr. vmax is the BH's 55gr. vmax and the the TAP vmax 55gr just to do a little bit more experimenting.

http://i55.tinypic.com/a0unbt.jpg

Its time the groups on the right start to match the ones on the left....the SS 16" is a must have.

have you run any of the 60gr stuff? i've had good results with the 60gr TAP and the BH blue box 60gr vmax in my 10.5"

EDIT

holy shit this is page 99!!! when do we start another thread?
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]
SR47 dimpled my MRP barrel and did a great job, yours looks great ArmedSuspect, I like the dimples!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
SR47 dimpled my MRP barrel and did a great job, yours looks great ArmedSuspect, I like the dimples!

yeah, he did an excellent job. i see more of my MRP barrels in his future

to include one in 308
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 4:20:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy freakin wow dude! That's awesome

I need that fell's info so I can send my daughters barrel out, I was going to do full length fluting, but, now––

By the way, more pics soon as I have enroute a CQB upper, like new.

Mark
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I need that fell's info so I can send my daughters barrel out, I was going to do full length fluting, but, now––

Mark

WAIT A SEC....is this number two?  If so, that is straight up full of win and perhaps you beat my turnaround record.....as I picked up a naked nib rifle length chassis a shade less than week after picking up the first complete rifle length upper.  

I would buy every last stretch chassis I saw if I had the money, I would just horde them.  TheAccuser had such a beautiful rifle length chassis on the EE awhile back that was priced well beyond right and I still am sick over it however if I bought all the rifle lengths in the world....no MWS, or SBR CQB

You also got some 6.8 gear to coming don't you Mark, go big or go home I guess is the way Badness rolls these days.  I got to get busy
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:23:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i55.tinypic.com/a0unbt.jpg

have you run any of the 60gr stuff? i've had good results with the 60gr TAP and the BH blue box 60gr vmax in my 10.5"

EDIT

holy shit this is page 99!!! when do we start another thread?

Got 150 rds or 6 of those stupid 25 rd. ct. boxes of red TAP LE 60 gr. Barrier that I keep around for that ultimate sticky SHTF...I cannot ever see using anything else than TAP t2 w.  a cpl. mags of the 64gr. GDSP.  You never know when you got scenarios with auto glass which is hell on most defensive .223/5.56 loads.
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 8:56:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

WAIT A SEC....is this number two?  If so, that is straight up full of win and perhaps you beat my turnaround record.....as I picked up a naked nib rifle length chassis a shade less than week after picking up the first complete rifle length upper.  

I would buy a last stretch chassis I see if I had the money, I would just horde them.  TheAccuser had such a beautiful rifle length chassis on the EE awhile back that was priced well beyond right and I still am sick over it however if I bought all the rifle lengths in the world....no MWS, or SBR CQB

You also got some 6.8 gear to coming don't you Mark, go big or go home I guess is the way Badness rolls these days.  I got to get busy

Indeed! Do it right

I sold 2 standard AR's and have been house cleaning––even found a nice LmT lower

There is a MRP w/14.5 barrel for sale now, but it's kinda high

Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:16:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

I would buy a last stretch chassis I see if I had the money, I would just horde them.  TheAccuser had such a beautiful rifle length chassis on the EE awhile back that was priced well beyond right and I still am sick over it however if I bought all the rifle lengths in the world....no MWS, or SBR CQB

Indeed! Do it right

I sold 2 standard AR's and have been house cleaning––even found a nice LmT lower

I did the same thing essentially....within the week of buying the second naked rifle length I sold off a cpl. little colt 6520 uppers w. the Colt A2's swapped w. BCM m4flattop uppers and added rails.  Still one of my favorite configs and hopefully one day I can get around to picking up the 6720s from clydes armory..I regret nothing and only wish I had more and more MRP gear.  

Quick question for ya while I have your ear.....I see you been here as long as almost anybody and then obviously on the other site for quite a long time as well.  You been around the block and seen far more evolution of the AR platform than I have and most....what gives..why is guy of your knowledge and expierence base just now getting turned on to the MRP?

Heck at any rate, Its beyond great to see you ingratiate yourself with the depth you have in respect to your MRP collection already and just like the other awesome dudes in this thread I am very much sure that your MRPs just like your first config. already posted will inspire the rest of us to bring on more BADNESS in the recipes
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Wow, some gorgeous items
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:32:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:46:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Love that dimpled barrel!

TRIDENT   empty your IM box!
Link Posted: 9/4/2010 11:53:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Snapped a few pics tonight, but I only like these two for now. I am no Trident, buddyhoohaw or Duffy photographer, but aspiring to be one.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:04:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Snapped a few pics tonight, but I only like these two for now. I am no Trident, buddyhoohaw or Duffy photographer, but aspiring to be one.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa69/kr_30/IMG_0989Small.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa69/kr_30/IMG_1009Small.jpg

BTW you guys I'm SICK! I'm like Trident and I just stare at these beautiful MRPs and wish I had the coin for more. But like I said I'm SICK and wish I was a DICK!  When I do have the coin I might have to clone Duffy's. I'm with Trident on this Duffy, you should charge people to look at that beauty! But us MRP owners get free peep shows every now and then. That is one sexy MRP!

First post as a Team member and thought it would only be appropriate to post here. I haven't figured out what my avatar will be just yet, but I like how Trident keeps me looking at his post to see what the flavor of the month will be.

You have an incredibly hard life.....its sucks to have only one perfectly outfitted and config'd mrp cqb....I just shed a tear for you and that smoking MRP of yours

What the heck is up brother.....I finally put the piece of history you sent me in a frame along w. a the awesome print Buddy hooked it up with.  You know that mag you so nicely gave me sure does help with the whole " SICK" feeling when you are pheening for some more MRP goodies for your collection.....I can fax you copies of the pages

Pics passed the litmus test by the way.....Obama Tingle was felt up the right leg
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:06:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Love that dimpled barrel!

TRIDENT   empty your IM box!

done deal pal, my bad....now lets see what the heck the master chef is mixing up w. that SS...seriously, i have been patiently waiting for you to bring the heat as usual.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 6:05:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Indeed! Do it right

I did the same thing essentially....within the week of buying the second naked rifle length I sold off a cpl. little colt 6520 uppers w. the Colt A2's swapped w. BCM m4flattop uppers and added rails.  Still one of my favorite configs and hopefully one day I can get around to picking up the 6720s from clydes armory..I regret nothing and only wish I had more and more MRP gear.  

Quick question for ya while I have your ear.....I see you been here as long as almost anybody and then obviously on the other site for quite a long time as well.  You been around the block and seen far more evolution of the AR platform than I have and most....what gives..why is guy of your knowledge and expierence base just now getting turned on to the MRP?

Heck at any rate, Its beyond great to see you ingratiate yourself with the depth you have in respect to your MRP collection already and just like the other awesome dudes in this thread I am very much sure that your MRPs just like your first config. already posted will inspire the rest of us to bring on more BADNESS in the recipes

A bit of apprehension with the system I guess, then not really looking into it myself after listening to a couple people. Actually, I was going to get one last year but wasn't willing to wait the time it took then to get one. I do regret not getting into them sooner though.
I was concerned with the two screws loosening––everything MUST BE PINNED, RIGHT? Then I set up a couple DD rails and thought, dang, these don't loosen, why should the MRP's?

I like the ease of the system in regards to maintenance or taking it down. Not needing  a separate sling point and optic mounting options. I never handled one until I got mine and when I picked it up, I thought "this is solid!" I'm one of those people who can in person "see" quality, the machining and function is top notch!

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark

Indeed! Do it right

A bit of apprehension with the system I guess, then not really looking into it myself after listening to a couple people. Actually, I was going to get one last year but wasn't willing to wait the time it took then to get one. I do regret not getting into them sooner though.
I was concerned with the two screws loosening––everything MUST BE PINNED, RIGHT? Then I set a couple DD rails and thought, dang, these don't loosen, why should the MRP's?

I like the ease of the system in regards to maintenance or taking it down. Not needing  a separate sling point and optic mounting options. I never handled one until I got mine and when I picked it up, I thought "this is solid!" I'm one of those people who can in person "see" quality, the machining and function is top notch!

Thanks for the great reply as the question had quite a bit of purpose and I thought perhaps you might interpret it wrong however you pegged my question

Its nice to hear your honest thoughts on this subject as I sometimes wonder why a few more gents like yourself who have participated in the last full decade of the spacegun evolution to not be at least familiar if not totally on board.

LMT flatout has sucked at marketing and educating the AR world on something that today still has not a single competitor and it never will considering we are going on 10-12 yrs or so counting RD in the MRP system and thus is about as radical as you can get to a guy who has run mostly 14.5" m4 type carbines.

You need to put that beautiful NF x32 of yours to work.....I have tried several times for about a yr. to get folks in this thread to post groups but it has yet to catch on.  

However some nice ones have trickled in not to discount the few ones like the nice one recently from slipjet.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#22]

That is one heck of a kit you sporting.....how many pmags in all does your chest rig hold.  Awesome total kit

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:35:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That is one heck of a kit you sporting.....how many pmags in all does your chest rig hold.  Awesome total kit

http://i52.tinypic.com/30adtoi.jpg

Thanks

it has only 8 right now but i run like 12 with my tac belt with my carrier.....  trying to get my rig in all multicam now.  almost done with that and will have pics up when i  get it all together

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#24]
That is some really sweet gear....I need to get up on that aspect as I currently do not have a chest rig or any cool molle gear, etc.

Twelve fully loaded 30rd. pmags must weigh quite a bit....my guess is that is around 13.5lbs.  Nowadays with nice chest rigs and gun belts such as your gear I would imagine they are able to distribute all that weight so that it yields the most comfort as possible.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Spikes .22 or 9MM barrel with the MRP platform? Looking at finally jumping on the bandwagon and wondering how well these barrels are working out...

Thanks!
Dave
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:07:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Hi Dave, no first hand info on them but I have followed the Spikes .22lr mrp barrel reviews since I guess they were released and I have yet to read a single one that was negative and most reported nice accuracy to the 50yd stakes with federal bulk and winc 333's and 555's.

As mentioned above Spikes used Green Mtn. Blanks for the .22 barrels and then IIrc both Grn Mtn. and Jarvis blanks for the 9mm barrels...with one or the other being the better choice.

I have owned a cpl. Grn Mtn 10/22 barrels and always find them to be one of the most accurate rimmy barrels for the price so I can all but assume the same would be true on these Spikes .22 barrels.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:20:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That is some really sweet gear....I need to get up on that aspect as I currently do not have a chest rig or any cool molle gear, etc.

Twelve fully loaded 30rd. pmags must weigh quite a bit....my guess is that is around 13.5lbs.  Nowadays with nice chest rigs and gun belts such as your gear I would imagine they are able to distribute all that weight so that it yields the most comfort as possible.

ha..... i think the level 4 plates alone are 7 lbs..... so plates and carrier are about 17lbs and mags and gear like NVG and a few granades.... lookin at about 25 lbs or so.... with out hydration lol...  and this is my light rig ha ha ha....
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:40:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any experience or feedback on the Spikes .22 or 9MM barrel with the MRP platform? Looking at finally jumping on the bandwagon and wondering how well these barrels are working out...

Thanks!
Dave

My Spikes .22 barrel and bolt is on the big brown truck as I post, should see it tomorrow. I will post results as soon as I get it to the range...oh, and I'll definitely have pics up as soon as I tear into the box.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#29]
MRP Badness #3?????

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:59:48 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Dave

My Spikes .22 barrel and bolt is on the big brown truck as I post, should see it tomorrow. I will post results as soon as I get it to the range...oh, and I'll definitely have pics up as soon as I tear into the box.

I didn't see the bolt on their site?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:16:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Dave

I didn't see the bolt on their site?

It's not on their site right now for some reason.  It's called a dedicated .22lr bolt kit, and I'm guessing they are either out or they are retooling to make it a better bolt(just my luck).

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#32]
One more thing on the spikes .22 gear.....try and buy both the barrel w. the dedicated .22 bolt at the same time so that Spikes can tune them together before they send them out.  This can be a huge help on finicky rimfires.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#33]

What the heck brother......that lil wimpy shoulder of yours can only take 4 rds. on the 12 ga.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:29:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
One more thing on the spikes .22 gear.....try and buy both the barrel w. the dedicated .22 bolt at the same time so that Spikes can tune them together before they send them out.  This can be a huge help on finicky rimfires.

That's good to know, I bet it saves a ton of potential issues.

So, please inform the ignorant here, MRP .22 barrel, matched.22 bolt kit and magazine is what one would need?

Mark

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good to know, I bet it saves a ton of potential issues.

So, please inform the ignorant here, MRP .22 barrel, matched.22 bolt kit and magazine is what one would need?

Mark

You got it brother...and I think that small additional amt. for Tom to match and tune the two together is so beyond worth it and its part of why Spikes rules the roost imho in the AR rimmy world.

You gents are killing me and potentially my wallet when you utilize the MRP so well...damn dimples and barrel work....multi cal. mrp talk

I could almost justify the $450 for the whole setup from spikes for just one lil magazine....

Its the recently released .22 BDM drum and it looks outstanding imho and with BDM's rep, its gotta be functionally gtg.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:10:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:48:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:54:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

What the heck brother......that lil wimpy shoulder of yours can only take 4 rds. on the 12 ga.

LOL I was just getting started :)
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 9:05:04 PM EDT
[#40]

The Scout light has a Danger Close Mount and the Aimpoint is on an LT High mount that I machined the holes in.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:35:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

The Scout light has a Danger Close Mount and the Aimpoint is on an LT High mount that I machined the holes in.

Nice job and thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 9:31:00 AM EDT
[#42]

10.5"? why not go 12.5

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

10.5"? why not go 12.5

I had the 12.5" and sold it. It didn't do anything better than the 10.5".

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 10:35:31 AM EDT
[#44]
On my first SBR....I want it to be definitively clear its a SHORT barreled rifle, 12.5" sounds like an SPR to me at this point.

Edited for PETA...aka Duffy  

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:40:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Your cat looks like it's being "interviewed" by the Spanish Inquisition

Why are you on the silly internet.....BAD honestly ruined me with this 45 throw and I will not ever use the archaic 90 degree Dinasaur again once BAD stops teasing and drops the dang heat.  

As for waterboarding my kitty, my feline friend packs stronger heat than I do and always claws first and asks questions later

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

10.5"? why not go 12.5

didn't you have the piston 12.5"? i'm not a piston fan either. that's why i had a 14.5" cut down to 12.5".

the 12.5" gives me better performance *out doors* when i'm hunting little critters. the velocity difference was enough for me to add one to my inventory.

it's an MRP and ARFCOM...  get BOTH.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:34:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Your logic is sound as a damn rock as we have discussed before and I completely agree about the "outdoors" applications and also agree about the piston vs. d.i. topic as I personally will not own a piston gun.   Your 12.5" D.I. w. kac dimples is clearly one of kind
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Ok, started with an 18" ss barrel and a 6x18 Leupy...

and received this package from spike's today...

and this is how she looks when she's wants to save me money...

After it stops raining here, I'll report back.  Oh, and spike's doesn't tune the bolts to the barrels anymore because they have it down so badass now!

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:03:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

10.5"? why not go 12.5

didn't you have the piston 12.5"? i'm not a piston fan either. that's why i had a 14.5" cut down to 12.5".

the 12.5" gives me better performance *out doors* when i'm hunting little critters. the velocity difference was enough for me to add one to my inventory.

it's an MRP and ARFCOM...  get BOTH.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii180/ArmedSuspect/DSC01647.jpg

All of you naysayers will feel the wrath of my 12" dimpled and pistonized lead delivery system.

Cheers

Page / 51
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top