Pelican 1700 OD

Link Posted: 5/23/2006 11:21:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
tag for reference.

Ditto
Link Posted: 5/23/2006 5:01:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I used a white crayon and it did the trick too.  I cut inside the ccrayon outline which made it a  slightly tight fit.  I was then able to trim here and there to make it perfect.  I pulled the foam out and placed it on cardboard so I could cut all the way through and slice it .  As prev mentioned, dont saw it.  

scottMO

Link Posted: 5/23/2006 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#4]
tagged
Link Posted: 5/25/2006 4:35:27 AM EDT
[#5]
You guys say an electric carving knife works really well.  Does it slice right through the foam making clean cuts?
Link Posted: 5/25/2006 4:46:49 AM EDT
[#6]
how to carry an A2 rifle broken in 2 pieces? what would be the best solution to save space?
Link Posted: 5/25/2006 4:52:15 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You guys say an electric carving knife works really well.  Does it slice right through the foam making clean cuts?

Like a hot knife through butter.  The main thing is to take your time and be careful to keep the knife blade perpendcular to the foam.
Link Posted: 5/25/2006 5:09:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice cases
Link Posted: 5/25/2006 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm getting ready to do this and thanks for all the info, problem...I'm a former Marine and all you smart Air Force and Navy guys who have the brains, intelligence, and ability to safely manipulate a flipping electric carving knife without hurting yourself because you actually got a MOS where you thought about solutions to problems other then, do I use artillery, tanks, airpower, or a SMAW to get rid of that dipwad in the building, got me kind of paranoid about doing this.  Anybody want to break this down (with pictures) to:
1. Buy case
2. Order Foam
3. Pull out old foam...
4. Cut new foam in shape of rifle
5. Order replacement foam from ER pay phone while the docs try to put the blood back in
6. Upon return home, clean blood off rifle, case, walls, foam.  Clean up foam chunks from previous attempt, remove electric carving knife from sheetrock.
7. Apologize to wife and kids for swearing at them when they wouldn't get out of they way in stampede for the first aid kit, which of course wasn't in the fucking bathroom because the three year old used the first aid kit to put band aids all over her dolls without telling anybody.  Which means you had to use the bathroom towels, the GOOD BATHROOM TOWELS.  You know the ones next to the fucking soap...
8. When asked about ambulance secretly tell neighbors wife was on anti-depressants and flipped out, and don't believe anything she says, "Gun Case?  I'm sorry she tried to do me in.  Oh-yes! She is NUTS!..."
9.  See step number three...

My main question is my case, when opened is 4 inches deep.  Do I order two 2" pieces and cut one to shape, then put that on top of the solid piece, or do I rip out chunks after cutting?  Somebody help me out here...Need more pictures!
Link Posted: 5/25/2006 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#10]
My gear resides in Starlight cases.....
My Colt Hbar w/Leupold LRT 4.5x14 50mm Scope and and an older version of one of my Bushmaster carbines with Eotech 552 (now wears a KAC RAS and LMT Sopmod stock and single point sling)

20 rnd mag goodness-keeps 24 mags in 2 layers ready for range runs

Link Posted: 6/8/2006 1:02:30 PM EDT
[#11]
What Size Pelican would I need (1700, 1720, 0r 1750)  for my AR-15 with 20" barrell?  I'd prefer not to break it in half to pack.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/8/2006 5:18:17 PM EDT
[#12]
posted in other forums, but here goes.  Love it, but it's heavy, wish I had gotten wheels...

Link Posted: 6/14/2006 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 11:51:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/14/2006 2:22:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 4:53:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Has anybody ever had a custom made case by either Pelican or Starlight ? What I want is a case that is just big enough to carry my M4 wannabe broken down with some room for mags.I have looked and there is nothing that matches the size I need.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top