BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/29/2010 10:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
how does the CMR compare to the Tac 30 of Burris?
Link Posted: 11/30/2010 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
how does the CMR compare to the Tac 30 of Burris?

I'm not sure as I do not own the Tac30. There have been a couple good threads on the Tac30 but I have yet to see anyone say that they own both. Start a new thread and ask away! I'd like to keep this one about the CMR (feedback, issues, questions, etc.).
Link Posted: 12/1/2010 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
jerz_subbie - thanks again for the review info.  Im really interested in this scope.  Dont care for illuminated optics, but the ability to dial in extra windage and elevation correction is a plus.  The Burris fullfield I have now with the ballisticplex reticle has exceptional glass, but the holdover points are only "close", which at 500 yards just isnt cutting it for me.  All three are probably going up for sale soon. One other thing I like about the CMR over the XTR is the holdover points are marked.  My only concern is the several issues with the illumination knob ive heard here and on other forums, but dont think its a deal breaker for me.

I like what I see so far:
True, 223 holdover points, clearly marked on the reticule
Compact
Range finding reticule

Does the elevation turret rotate more than one revolution?  I hope not, so as not to "loose" your place.

After the initial zeroing , it does not.  The CMR has the ZRO-LOK turret system that allows only one rotation.  Before zeroing the CMR there are two screws on each turret that you loosen.  Zero the CMR and tighten the screws and you are done.  

How much elevation will a single turn of the turret give you ? (10moa / 15moa ) ?

Do you have to use the ZRO-LOK or can you use the turret to dial in elevation as per a 'normal' scope ?
Link Posted: 12/1/2010 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
jerz_subbie - thanks again for the review info.  Im really interested in this scope.  Dont care for illuminated optics, but the ability to dial in extra windage and elevation correction is a plus.  The Burris fullfield I have now with the ballisticplex reticle has exceptional glass, but the holdover points are only "close", which at 500 yards just isnt cutting it for me.  All three are probably going up for sale soon. One other thing I like about the CMR over the XTR is the holdover points are marked.  My only concern is the several issues with the illumination knob ive heard here and on other forums, but dont think its a deal breaker for me.

I like what I see so far:
True, 223 holdover points, clearly marked on the reticule
Compact
Range finding reticule

Does the elevation turret rotate more than one revolution?  I hope not, so as not to "loose" your place.

After the initial zeroing , it does not.  The CMR has the ZRO-LOK turret system that allows only one rotation.  Before zeroing the CMR there are two screws on each turret that you loosen.  Zero the CMR and tighten the screws and you are done.  

How much elevation will a single turn of the turret give you ? (10moa / 15moa ) ?

Do you have to use the ZRO-LOK or can you use the turret to dial in elevation as per a 'normal' scope ?

With the ZRO-LOK applied the makers claim one full turn gives 29moa. Mine gives 28moa, but I'm not complaining. With LOK off, they claim +/- 70moa from centre!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top