Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds great.......wish I could find one!

Yep, get in line with the rest of us! LOL

Found one! AAoptics.com had a MIL version. Last one. He threw in a Vortex bubble level for free . He told me that he has a shipment of several coming in over the next week or so and is taking back orders. I also spoke to Libertyoptics and he expects to have some in the next week or so as well. Libertyoptics is selling them for $699.00.

Camerlandny.com is taking backorders but those orders are placed with vortex and dropped shipped from Vortex so you end up in line with everyone else that is on backorder with vortex. Vortex is saying that they are backorder right now till mid to end of July

Just ordered mine from AAoptics as well. Tried calling Liberty first because of the deal, but no one picked up. Alan from AA says he will ship by Monday! Awesome guy, thanks for the heads up! Just in case anyone else want one too, Alan says he has ~2 more in stock.
Link Posted: 5/10/2013 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#2]
You guys know the drill, pictures when you get it!
Link Posted: 5/12/2013 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just ordered mine from AAoptics as well. Tried calling Liberty first because of the deal, but no one picked up. Alan from AA says he will ship by Monday! Awesome guy, thanks for the heads up! Just in case anyone else want one too, Alan says he has ~2 more in stock.

Alan doesn't have any in stock anymore. I just ordered the last one.

K
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine shipped today. Really looking forward to it!
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 10:31:27 AM EDT
[#5]
So I emailed Alan at A&A Optics to add a Vortex bubble level to my order and give me the updated total and I would send off the money. He gets back to me and says "I'll throw one in the box for free" and lets me know the scope will be shipping out tomorrow. That's some customer service right there. Major +1 to A&A Optics.

Also, called up LaRue and ordered an LT104 for the optic to live in, but that is backordered and won't go out for another 3-5 days. Should be a sweet setup when everything arrives.

K
Link Posted: 5/13/2013 11:12:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So I emailed Alan at A&A Optics to add a Vortex bubble level to my order and give me the updated total and I would send off the money. He gets back to me and says "I'll throw one in the box for free" and lets me know the scope will be shipping out tomorrow. That's some customer service right there. Major +1 to A&A Optics.

Also, called up LaRue and ordered an LT104 for the optic to live in, but that is backordered and won't go out for another 3-5 days. Should be a sweet setup when everything arrives.

K

lol I should have asked him for the bubble too! Oh well, he didn't charge me shipping so it's all good!

EDIT: Alan just emailed me about sending me a bubble level for free as well! That's top notch Customer Service right there! He also said he should be getting more of these scopes coming in tomorrow! Don't miss out guys!
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alan doesn't have any in stock anymore. I just ordered the last one.

K

He told me he has several arriving next week that are not spoken for yet. They will all be MRAD.
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 9:28:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He told me he has several arriving next week that are not spoken for yet. They will all be MRAD.

Awesome. I can't say enough good things about A&A and Alan. I hope to see him expand his product range beyond just that of Vortex, but for now his customer service alone will steer me towards him and Vortex for future optic needs.

My scope is on a FedEx truck somewhere between KY and CT right now and will be here tomorrow. Butler Creek caps will be in from Brownell's on Friday. Good news on the LT104 from LaRue is that it was only  back ordered for one day and shipped yesterday. Bad news is it won't be here until next Monday. UPS FTMFL.

K
Link Posted: 5/15/2013 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#9]
This is Alan.  Im not going to post much on here because I dont think thats fair to the advertisers on the site.

I have considered adding to my line, and actually am a dealer for other companies, but I dont stock what I dont use, and 99% of my customers are looking for the most return on their investment, and right now that answer is Vortex.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 11:59:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Got a call from Liberty Optics and mine will be here early next week.  What size butler creek caps for this optic?
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Got a call from Liberty Optics and mine will be here early next week.  What size butler creek caps for this optic?

15 front, 14 rear.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 12:32:38 PM EDT
[#12]
UPS really needs to deliver the LT104 here, yesterday.

Vortex by KLaFaille, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know if the 4-16x and 6-24x PST's are now using the metal power ring? Or are they still using the rubber?
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#14]
No idea. Are you still offering those solid zero stop shims or are you all done with them?
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 2:08:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
No idea. Are you still offering those solid zero stop shims or are you all done with them?

I have them made as needed. There doesn't seem be much interest in them but if you want one they are $20 shipped.
Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if the 4-16x and 6-24x PST's are now using the metal power ring? Or are they still using the rubber?

The shipment a few weeks ago on both were rubber.  I believe the next shipment will be metal.

Link Posted: 5/16/2013 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shipment a few weeks ago on both were rubber.  I believe the next shipment will be metal.

Can you put me down for a 4-16x50mm FFP MOA. I really like the 2.5-10x but it's got to go. I need more power.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 1:46:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Scope arrived last night. It really is much smaller than I thought it was. I have a positive first impression. Probably going to do my shake down with it on my 18" 7.62 OBR.
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/17/2013 10:34:56 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have them made as needed. There doesn't seem be much interest in them but if you want one they are $20 shipped.

Good deal. Once I get all mounted and sighted in, I'll likely be in touch for one.

Thanks,

K
Link Posted: 5/18/2013 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Initial impressions:

Cons - illumination is too bright even on 1 in dark conditions but should be effective in dawn/dusk times while hunting.

The magnification ring, side parallax and quick focus eye piece move a little too easy for my taste but not excessive.

Pros - Glass is much better than its price point competition, it's easily as good as the NF!  I could see no CA and the glass seemed clear edge to edge on all magnifications. In low light it was still clear but due to the smaller objective it seemed to grow dim a little sooner. (Duh). Glass quality is execellent for the cost. I'll do a side by side with a Leupold MK6 3-18x44. I can tell the glass is at least as good as a SS HD 5-20

Adjustments have positive clicks that should be good with or without gloves.

Parallax seems to work well.

The overall size of this scope is fantastic!  I'm going to mount this in a Warne RAMP sight. I'll toss it on my OBR for tracking tests and its permanent home on a 16" MKM MATEN build. This is a great option for Recce builds!

Link Posted: 5/18/2013 3:12:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Ok I think I'm going to have to get this for my SCAR 17....  I have the PST 1-4 on it now and it's awesome.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 5:24:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Finally got my rifle together with the Vortex. Turned out pretty awesome. Put some rounds down range last weekend and everything looked great.

Link Posted: 5/19/2013 8:09:03 PM EDT
[#24]
OK what are you all paying for these?  I have seen posts for $699 even though they are listed for $799.  If this discounted pricing is uber secret could someone im or email me the details please.  AA Optics site say will match or beat.  It is nice that they are throwing in a level which I do need.  

I'm running a Weaver 3-10 Tactical on my spr and am trying to justify shelling out a few more bones for another accessory.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 11:01:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OK what are you all paying for these?  I have seen posts for $699 even though they are listed for $799.  If this discounted pricing is uber secret could someone im or email me the details please.  AA Optics site say will match or beat.  It is nice that they are throwing in a level which I do need.  

I'm running a Weaver 3-10 Tactical on my spr and am trying to justify shelling out a few more bones for another accessory.

Liberty optics supposedly is selling it for $699 if you call them. However, I still got mine from AA because AA actually picked up their phone during normal business hours. Free shipping too, not sure if Liberty charged S&H.
Link Posted: 5/20/2013 11:15:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Finally, my PST 2.5-10x32 is on its way!  I built my rifle and ordered the optic  10 weeks ago and I'll finally complete it.  Here's what it's going on:

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#27]

Untitled by KLaFaille, on Flickr

Originally I had planned on a 1-6x so I didn't go with a longer tube trying to go as light weight as possible. Thinking of going with a 12" MI tube, or perhaps a Geissele Mark IV 13". If anyone has or knows someone that want to swap a 10" for a 12" MI gen2 ss tube, let me know.

It never ends....

K
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 12:25:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/klafaille/8773040202/" target="_blank">http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8419/8773040202_7cb31617c5_b.jpg</a>
Larue - Vortex PST 2.5-10x32 by KLaFaille, on Flickr

Originally I had planned on a 1-6x so I didn't go with a longer tube trying to go as light weight as possible. Thinking of going with a 12" MI tube, or perhaps a Geissele Mark IV 13". If anyone has or knows someone that want to swap a 10" for a 12" MI gen2 ss tube, let me know.

It never ends....

K

Check out the Lancer Carbon Fiber Forend too if you want to keep it light.

Link Posted: 5/21/2013 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Sell the 10 and buy the 12.

Good looking rifles my friends!!!
Link Posted: 5/21/2013 5:12:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 4:16:35 AM EDT
[#31]
This thread convinced me, and I bought the MRAD model for my 18 inch DD rifle. It is back ordered, so 2-4 week wait. Time to think about the mount, caps etc... Can't wait.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 10:37:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Thanks for posting, I had never seen that one before. I'm still looking over a few options between the Lancer, Geissele, MI, Noveske, or I may just wait for the URX 4 to drop.

KWM pod-loc and Haley Thorntail came in today, the M600A is quite capable of 75-100 yard illumination at night.

Untitled by KLaFaille, on Flickr
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 11:03:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for posting, I had never seen that one before. I'm still looking over a few options between the Lancer, Geissele, MI, Noveske, or I may just wait for the URX 4 to drop.

KWM pod-loc and Haley Thorntail came in today, the M600A is quite capable of 75-100 yard illumination at night.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/klafaille/8805211630/" target="_blank">http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2830/8805211630_4147c1f02e_b.jpg</a>
LaRue - Vortex 2 by KLaFaille, on Flickr

Looks good. Your cheapest option is probably buying the MI 12". Save the 10" for your next build.
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 11:56:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Well I got my stick all together. Scope is leveled and ready to go. Hopefully get it on the range this weekend. Range report with pics to follow.

http://area7precision.us/images/vvpst01.jpg

Why is this gun so freaking sweet looking? Did you build it? Is that a Larue bolt?
Link Posted: 5/23/2013 12:06:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Looks good. Your cheapest option is probably buying the MI 12". Save the 10" for your next build.

True. Can get a MI 12" from brownells for $146.67 once they're in stock again. I really like the MI tubes, but MBDS (Men's Barbie Doll Syndrome) has me coveting one of the other rails.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

True. Can get a MI 12" from brownells for $146.67 once they're in stock again. I really like the MI tubes, but MBDS (Men's Barbie Doll Syndrome) has me coveting one of the other rails.

True. There is a lot of choices to boggle your brain a bit. I really like the roundness of my DD MFR. The MI looks pretty nice as well. I was considering the PRI for a while as well as others. I can't see ever going with a full quad rail again. Good luck with the search.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I got my stick all together. Scope is leveled and ready to go. Hopefully get it on the range this weekend. Range report with pics to follow.

http://area7precision.us/images/vvpst01.jpg

Why is this gun so freaking sweet looking? Did you build it? Is that a Larue bolt?

Thanks for the compliment. I built it.

The bolt is a Young NM. You can't see their logo in that pic.

Link Posted: 5/23/2013 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#38]
If you do your part, the scope wont let you down.

Link Posted: 5/24/2013 12:35:09 AM EDT
[#39]

Nice shootin' my friend. What ammo are you using? I hope to get out some time this weekend. Hopefully or 600yd range will be done it the next few weeks. I need to buy some AR500 plates.

Link Posted: 5/24/2013 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Nice shootin' my friend. What ammo are you using? I hope to get out some time this weekend. Hopefully or 600yd range will be done it the next few weeks. I need to buy some AR500 plates.

It is Southwest Ammo 75 Gr Hornady BTHP. I need to take mine out to distance as well and shoot it for groups.

Link Posted: 5/29/2013 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#41]
My PST finally came in:

Link Posted: 5/30/2013 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My PST finally came in:

Sweet looking rig. You like the scope?

So I went with the 13" Mk4 in place of the MI 10". Normally LaRue billet uppers and Geissele SMR rails don't play nicely together, but some time, a and dremel with an end mill bit taken to the LaRue upper fixed that problem.

All the money this scope has cost me now.... I hate you all, especially you OP. If only I had never read this thread.....

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Can someone post a reticle pic at around 5 or 6 power? I am trying to find out if the hash marks are easily visible at the mid point of the magnification range.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 3:08:24 PM EDT
[#44]
I don't currently have a picture and don't know how well it would represent what you eye sees, but I can say without hesitation that the reticle is 100% usable at 5X. Both the large and small hash marks are easily discernible at that magnification.

I'll see if I can get a picture at some point.

K

Link Posted: 6/1/2013 4:26:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I don't currently have a picture and don't know how well it would represent what you eye sees, but I can say without hesitation that the reticle is 100% usable at 5X. Both the large and small hash marks are easily discernible at that magnification.

K

I actually got to see one on 5x in the precision rifles forum. I have also had a couple others verify that the reticle is usable at 5x. I'm still doing some research but I'll probably pick one up soon.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2013 6:03:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

K

I actually got to see one on 5x in the precision rifles forum. I have also had a couple others verify that the reticle is usable at 5x. I'm still doing some research but I'll probably pick one up soon.

Thanks.

If you have 0/0 vision (20/20 vision) then you'd have no problems even seeing the tiny numbers at 2.5X. The tick marks won't be usable, but at that magnification you're pretty much using a magnified holographic. At 10X I can make out 5.56 paper hits @100 yards with really impressive clarity.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#47]
A&A Optics has several in stock check with them.  I got one from them last week he said his supply is going down fast but he has a couple left.  Just picked one up for my MK12 Mod1.
Link Posted: 6/6/2013 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#48]
anyone put the 2.5-10x32 on a 223 bolt gun yet
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 1:16:08 AM EDT
[#49]
Ordered my scope on the 23rd of May, and it arrived on the 6th of June. I am in Afghanistan right now, so no pics, and no testing...  Also- I have no mount. Thinking about the Bobro mount. Not sure if standard or extended, or just go for a different mount.
Link Posted: 6/7/2013 6:27:04 AM EDT
[#50]
FYI, the scope is pretty unforgiving at 10x with regards to making sure your eye is the right spot. In other words, the "eye box" is rather small, so keep that in mind when choosing a mount and try to avoid anything that puts the ocular too far forward to where you mechanically can't bring it back closer to you if need be.

Eye box size is about my only gripe with the scope, but that's at full magnification, and with use and familiarity becomes less an issue over time.
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top