BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 3:15:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Well I got my "new to me" DD MFR 12.0 today so I can put my Noveske barrel together. I got the gas block set and later today I'll pin and weld my brake. After that I'm going to refinish the whole rifle in Armor Black, Graphite Black and Magpul OD Cerakote. I have a couple of hand-stops and QD sling mount coming from  Impact Weapons Components. Also was able to find a Magpul MS4 to finish it off.

I kinda wish I went with the extended version of the LT104. It would be nice to get the scope another inch forward without jamming my turrets up to the front ring. Is it kosher to run part of the scope rail onto the handguard rail? I don't see to many guys doing it so I was curios if it caused any issues. The problem is, I have to pin my stock in this stupid state. The location I have it in in the pics is where I like it for CQB situations while running my T1. I'd like to be able to run it another notch back with the PST. Thoughts? I'll keep another stock at my camp in upstate PA but I need to figure something out for this fucked state. Damn I miss Baton Rouge!!!

Has anybody used a Larue RISR? If so please share your thoughts on it?

http://area7precision.us/images/mega03.jpg

http://area7precision.us/images/mega02.jpg

http://area7precision.us/images/mega01.jpg

Very nice, and as long as the barrel is free floated you could move the mount onto the DD MFR rail with no problems. Better shoot it though to confirm it will hold zero if you do this, and I have seen guys run red dots on their handguard , but not too many scopes if that matters.

ETA: That DD MFR rail looks great as an "SPR" build, and I wish I never sold my 16 inch upper.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 6:22:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice write up AGinAZ.

When are you going to go shoot it and please post a picture of your setup.

Thanks! I plan to get to the range next week. I will get some pics up in the next couple of days.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I meant to add, if you are looking for something with a bigger sight picture, less critical eye position and are willing to give up the illuminated reticle, FFP and side parallax adjustment (while spending a couple hundred less) I spent a bit of time with the Viper PST 2.5-10x44 and found it to be quite excellent as well.

I have the SFP 2.5x-10x44. It has an illuminated reticle, but you're right it is a great scope, especially for the money.  I have no experience behind a FFP scope but it seems to be all the rage.  I am tempted to try the FFP version but I do like that its easy to range targets at any magnification because it stays large, so its easy to read the markings. Not sure I want to give that up.

Ah, you're right. I wasn't paying close enough attention. The x44 is quite excellent and the sight picture is really impressive and yes with a bit of simple math you can range with the SFP reticle at intermediate magnifications. If I recall correctly the mag ring has detents at 3.3x and 5x? tripling and doubling the subtension values respectively.

So in your experience, the x32 doesn't have AS good eye relief as the x44? How's the eye box on x32? If there was one knock against the x44 was that IMO, I would like a more forgiving eyebox especially at 10x.  But I'm very green when it comes to magnified optics so I don't much to compare it too.  

Yes, the x44 has the detents. Does the new FFP model have them too? Despite really liking the x44, especially because I got it for a great deal on GB, I feel like Im missing out not going with the x32.  I've read a bunch of articles on the FFP vs SFP debate and the consensus seems to be that FFP scopes do everything a SFP scope can do, but having exact readings at all mag ranges.  And being able to use the illuminated reticle like a red dot at lower mag.  

But like I stated in my earlier post, I like that I can easily read the reticle at any mag setting.  At 2.5x and 3.3x, is the reticle, slow or hard to read on the x32 because the lines are small and tight?
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 8:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I am running Butler Creek caps as well but I using these......

14 - EYE
13 - OBJ

The 15 OBJ was too loose for my liking.  The 13 OBJ
fits like a German virgin...."gut'entite"....just like it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Well I got my "new to me" DD MFR 12.0 today so I can put my Noveske barrel together. I got the gas block set and later today I'll pin and weld my brake. After that I'm going to refinish the whole rifle in Armor Black, Graphite Black and Magpul OD Cerakote. I have a couple of hand-stops and QD sling mount coming from  Impact Weapons Components. Also was able to find a Magpul MS4 to finish it off.

I kinda wish I went with the extended version of the LT104. It would be nice to get the scope another inch forward without jamming my turrets up to the front ring. Is it kosher to run part of the scope rail onto the handguard rail? I don't see to many guys doing it so I was curios if it caused any issues. The problem is, I have to pin my stock in this stupid state. The location I have it in in the pics is where I like it for CQB situations while running my T1. I'd like to be able to run it another notch back with the PST. Thoughts? I'll keep another stock at my camp in upstate PA but I need to figure something out for this fucked state. Damn I miss Baton Rouge!!!

Has anybody used a Larue RISR? If so please share your thoughts on it?

http://area7precision.us/images/mega03.jpg

http://area7precision.us/images/mega02.jpg

http://area7precision.us/images/mega01.jpg

Very nice, and as long as the barrel is free floated you could move the mount onto the DD MFR rail with no problems. Better shoot it though to confirm it will hold zero if you do this, and I have seen guys run red dots on their handguard , but not too many scopes if that matters.  

ETA: That DD MFR rail looks great as an "SPR" build, and I wish I never sold my 16 inch upper.

I think this DD MFR is going to be a good set-up. It feels really good compared to a quad rail where you never end up using all the real estate. I'm still trying to figure out how to close that gap up some more between the two top rails. I already took .03" off the front of the barrel nut. I might try another .03, idk.

I"ll figure out the scope when I get it on the range. It's kinda hard to really figure out without getting behind it for real. My living room floor isn't cutting it. The rail is pretty solid, I don't see it being a problem if I had to cross it. Maybe in a bigger caliber but probably not 5.56/.223. I will confirm it holds zero.

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted: I wish I never sold my 16 inch upper.

Build another one!!!
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

14 - EYE
13 - OBJ

For fuck sake!!! I need to buy 3 BC caps??? WTF? Those things are pricey!

Link Posted: 3/21/2013 9:23:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice write up AGinAZ.

Thanks! I plan to get to the range next week. I will get some pics up in the next couple of days.

Quoted:
Quoted:
I meant to add, if you are looking for something with a bigger sight picture, less critical eye position and are willing to give up the illuminated reticle, FFP and side parallax adjustment (while spending a couple hundred less) I spent a bit of time with the Viper PST 2.5-10x44 and found it to be quite excellent as well.

I have the SFP 2.5x-10x44. It has an illuminated reticle, but you're right it is a great scope, especially for the money.  I have no experience behind a FFP scope but it seems to be all the rage.  I am tempted to try the FFP version but I do like that its easy to range targets at any magnification because it stays large, so its easy to read the markings. Not sure I want to give that up.

Ah, you're right. I wasn't paying close enough attention. The x44 is quite excellent and the sight picture is really impressive and yes with a bit of simple math you can range with the SFP reticle at intermediate magnifications. If I recall correctly the mag ring has detents at 3.3x and 5x? tripling and doubling the subtension values respectively.

So in your experience, the x32 doesn't have AS good eye relief as the x44? How's the eye box on x32? If there was one knock against the x44 was that IMO, I would like a more forgiving eyebox especially at 10x.  But I'm very green when it comes to magnified optics so I don't much to compare it too.  

Yes, the x44 has the detents. Does the new FFP model have them too? Despite really liking the x44, especially because I got it for a great deal on GB, I feel like Im missing out not going with the x32.  I've read a bunch of articles on the FFP vs SFP debate and the consensus seems to be that FFP scopes do everything a SFP scope can do, but having exact readings at all mag ranges.  And being able to use the illuminated reticle like a red dot at lower mag.  

But like I stated in my earlier post, I like that I can easily read the reticle at any mag setting.  At 2.5x and 3.3x, is the reticle, slow or hard to read on the x32 because the lines are small and tight?

I don't own a x44 to compare it to. SFP, FFP, MOA/MOA, MIL/MIL, whatever. Have them all and can use them all. SFP will get it done and is better for some apps but for tactical shit I prefer FFP MOA/MOA. I would hold on to your x44 if it's working for you. At least wait until you here more feedback on the x32's.

Link Posted: 3/21/2013 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow I wish I knew about this puppy before I bought the original version.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

14 - EYE
13 - OBJ

I dunno about him, but my 15 Obj is pretty darn snug.
Link Posted: 3/21/2013 12:31:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

14 - EYE
13 - OBJ

I'll check them out tomorrow if my buddy has those sizes in his shop.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 2:49:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

14 - EYE
13 - OBJ

I'll check them out tomorrow if my buddy has those sizes in his shop.

I couldn't find a 15 Obj so I ordered the BC 13-15 Objective Multiflex. It's slightly elastic to fit a wider range of sizes and fits the 32mm objective like a glove.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 3:11:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice write up AGinAZ.

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't own a x44 to compare it to. SFP, FFP, MOA/MOA, MIL/MIL, whatever. Have them all and can use them all. SFP will get it done and is better for some apps but for tactical shit I prefer FFP MOA/MOA. I would hold on to your x44 if it's working for you. At least wait until you here more feedback on the x32's.

I don't own the 44 either but I did spend some time checking it out at the LGS. The eye relief is 4" on both scopes, but the eye box seems a bit smaller on the 32 and eye position is more critical due to the smaller exit pupil. However, once you have it mounted in the right position with a good cheek weld and a little practice, the sight picture comes right into view naturally at any magnification. The 44 is going to be relatively more forgiving but both scopes are somewhat unforgiving in absolute terms.

The 32 doesn't have detents on the mag ring but is marked at 3.3 and 5. No reason for detents on the 32 though since the reticle is always to scale at any mag. At 2.5 the reticle is impossible to read for ranging or holdovers, but perfectly fine for aiming. Regardless of the consensus, I agree that SFP and FFP both have their place and one isn't necessarily better than the other. I also don't think the 32 is necessarily better than the 44. Aside from the side focus, the 32 doesn't have anything the 44 doesn't, SFP vs. FFP being a matter of preference and purpose IMO. In some ways I prefer the 44 and in others the 32.

Link Posted: 3/22/2013 6:59:30 AM EDT
[#12]
I agree about the objective size. Making it 40mm probably would've been better. 2.5-10x40mm FFP side focus would be pretty much perfect. I can't really tell how tight this eye box will be until I use it which will hopefully be next week. One thing I think is going to be cool is the piggy-backed red dot. I'll be able to use it to get close to on target while keeping a much wider FOV and my eye out of the ocular.
Link Posted: 3/22/2013 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nice write up AGinAZ.

Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't own the 44 either but I did spend some time checking it out at the LGS. The eye relief is 4" on both scopes, but the eye box seems a bit smaller on the 32 and eye position is more critical due to the smaller exit pupil. However, once you have it mounted in the right position with a good cheek weld and a little practice, the sight picture comes right into view naturally at any magnification. The 44 is going to be relatively more forgiving but both scopes are somewhat unforgiving in absolute terms.

The 32 doesn't have detents on the mag ring but is marked at 3.3 and 5. No reason for detents on the 32 though since the reticle is always to scale at any mag. At 2.5 the reticle is impossible to read for ranging or holdovers, but perfectly fine for aiming. Regardless of the consensus, I agree that SFP and FFP both have their place and one isn't necessarily better than the other. I also don't think the 32 is necessarily better than the 44. Aside from the side focus, the 32 doesn't have anything the 44 doesn't, SFP vs. FFP being a matter of preference and purpose IMO. In some ways I prefer the 44 and in others the 32.

Interesting.

Though as an FFP purist, the 44 is a "DNQ" for me
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I got my stick all together. Scope is leveled and ready to go. Hopefully get it on the range this weekend. Range report with pics to follow.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Well I got my stick all together. Scope is leveled and ready to go. Hopefully get it on the range this weekend. Range report with pics to follow.

http://area7precision.us/images/vvpst01.jpg

Very nice! What mount do you have your Razor Red Dot on?

Mine mounted up:

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:51:51 AM EDT
[#16]
It's the LT742 for a RMR. I modified the plate to work with the Razor. Originally I was going to go with the RM06 but my bud, who owns a LGS, hooked me up with the Razor. I can't really comment on it too much because it hasn't been on the range. It is well made and the 3MOA dot is very nice. On par with the dot on my 2MOA T1. Larue makes the LT137 which will work with the Razor without modifying. However it's not on a 45 which I preferred.

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 9:00:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Awesome thank you. What did you have to modify to get it to work?
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I had to remove the little nubs on the top of the plate drill 2 holes all the way through and tap them for a slightly bigger screw then what the Razor comes with. I also had to refinish it. Pretty simple if you gots skilz!!! Your rifle is looking pretty sexy as well. Do you plan on piggybacking a MRD???

Link Posted: 4/6/2013 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to remove the little nubs on the top of the plate drill 2 holes all the way through and tap them for a slightly bigger screw then what the Razor comes with. I also had to refinish it. Pretty simple if you gots skilz!!! Your rifle is looking pretty sexy as well. Do you plan on piggybacking a MRD???

Yes I am and I can get a Razor Red Dot for a pretty good price so what you did interests me greatly.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 1:20:07 AM EDT
[#20]
As you can see the MRD hangs over the back of the plate just I little. It's pretty much just cosmetic but I might have my machinist make a couple new plates that will work perfectly with it. He can make the top of the plate to the specs Vortex used for the 1913 mount it comes with and the bottom of the plate to Larue specs. Then I'll Cerakote them. Let me know if you might be up for one.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 8:08:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes keep me in mind, that would be great.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 5:17:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Well after being patient for a couple weeks, I finally made it out to our desert range
on Friday.  This scope is even more awesome than I hoped it would be.  The clarity
is excellent.  The reticle is awesome and seems to be spot on in its graduations.  
I did my initial zero at my standard 50 yards.  I had about a 5-8 mph cross wind
coming across me from the left.  

I use a ballistics calculator on my iphone and have really liked it so far.  So after
zeroing I used the ranging reticle on several targets ranging from 200 - 260 - 280
and so on.  I was very happy with how FFP let me use any magnification I wanted
at any range with the reticle graduations remaining constant.  

So before leaving for the day, I decided to give the 600 yard "gong" a try.  I ranged
it at 606 yards with my Vortex 1000 Ranger.  My iphone told me to hold over 17.1
MOA.  The reticle has lines for 16 and 18 so I put them above and below the target
and tried to hold as steady as I could.  My first shot missed dead right by about 6"
but the height looked perfect from what I could tell.  I didn't allow enough for the wind
out of the left, so my next shot I held just off of the left edge and "RUNG THE BELL"
on the next one.  

Needless to say, I am SOLD on this scope.  I have absolutely NO regrets about
selling the Nightforce to pick up this little winner.  Only downside I can see at all is
that the illuminated reticle isn't "daylight" visible but I am not sure its even intended
to be.  Its perfect for dawn/dusk shooting but I wouldn't need it in the light of day
even if it were visible.  The super fine lines of the reticle are perfect.  

Happy shooting.

Link Posted: 4/8/2013 5:55:52 AM EDT
[#23]
Glad to here you like it. I got mine out but only had enough time to get a 50yd zero. Seems to be a well made and the glass is good. Other then the zero-stop, I don't see the NF doing anything better.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 6:01:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Glad to here you like it. I got mine out but only had enough time to get a 50yd zero. Seems to be a well made and the glass is good. Other then the zero-stop, I don't see the NF doing anything better.

And my Nightforce didn't have the Zero Stops.  That is one area that is pretty
weak on this scope.  Its not a true Zero Stop.....its a "shim" system that you
slide shims under the elevation turret that limits its down travel.  It tells you
when you are in the bottom rotation, but doesn't STOP you at zero.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

slide shims under the elevation turret that limits its down travel.  It tells you

I got as many shims in there as I could and it will turn about 3MOA down before it stops. I was thinking of having my machinist make me a couple one piece brass washers to experiment with. I'll have him make them slightly over-size and I can fit it using a flat marble plate and some 320-600-1000 grit sandpaper. With the turret cover off, I will just dial up like 2MOA's and slightly remove material until I get it to stop on zero. If that makes any sense. I have a NF NXS and really like having a solid zero-stop. It's not a deal breaker, but I think I can make it work without 27 washers in there.

Link Posted: 4/8/2013 6:46:56 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got as many shims in there as I could and it will turn about 3MOA down before it stops. I was thinking of having my machinist make me a couple one piece brass washers to experiment with. I'll have him make them slightly over-size and I can fit it using a flat marble plate and some 320-600-1000 grit sandpaper. With the turret cover off, I will just dial up like 2MOA's and slightly remove material until I get it to stop on zero. If that makes any sense. I have a NF NXS and really like having a solid zero-stop. It's not a deal breaker, but I think I can make it work without 27 washers in there.

I hear ya.  I thought about some sort of homemade shim myself.  If you come
up with something that works, let me know.  I am very interested in getting it
closer to a true ZERO.  Mine will go down to about 10 MOA on this one and
the two 1-4 PST's I have go different varying depths....one is pretty close to
zero, but the other goes down to 2 or 3.  It's definitely an area that they could
improve on.  
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 7:23:54 AM EDT
[#27]
If you take your turret off and dial up like 20-30 clicks, you might be able to get another washer or two in there. Might help you get a little closer to zero.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 7:30:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Waiting for a TactCoy RR.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Just got mine as well. Still waiting on a couple parts to get my rifle back together so I can set this thing up. I'll still be using my T1/ LT660HK for HD/SD but this should be a really good option to have available. For the price, Vortex continues to impress me. The only downside is Vortex can't seem to keep up with the demand for their FFP PST line.

shit cell phone image

http://area7precision.us/images/pst4.jpg

Wait a sec...  is that...  paper between your LaRue rings and the scope?!
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:28:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Waiting for a TactCoy RR.

Finals for spring semester are over in two weeks. I will see if I can squeeze in shooting sometime soon!

School sucks! No time to have fun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Had a new zero stop made for my PST. It's not perfect but it will stop at 2 clicks past zero when I feel resistance. Sometime it will go 3 if I miss the "feel". At most it will go 4 clicks below zero if you want it to. It would take some cranking to get it to go past that. IMO, a big improvement if you like a zero-stop. It's still not a NF ZS but it's much better then going 20 clicks past zero.

Link Posted: 4/10/2013 8:05:14 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just got mine as well. Still waiting on a couple parts to get my rifle back together so I can set this thing up. I'll still be using my T1/ LT660HK for HD/SD but this should be a really good option to have available. For the price, Vortex continues to impress me. The only downside is Vortex can't seem to keep up with the demand for their FFP PST line.

shit cell phone image

http://area7precision.us/images/pst4.jpg

Wait a sec...  is that...  paper between your LaRue rings and the scope?!

Not paper. Small piece of tape. I wasn't sure where my scope was going to end up in my mount or even if I was going to stay with that mount. I thought I might have to consider going to the extended version. I didn't want to mark it up in case it needed to be returned. I also didn't want ring marks all up and down my scope until I figured out where I wanted it. Is that ok with you?

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 1:10:05 AM EDT
[#33]
Which ring size did you end up using with the LT104? I'm assuming the 30mm, but I wanted to doublecheck.

Mine can't get here soon enough!!
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 6:50:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Which ring size did you end up using with the LT104? I'm assuming the 30mm, but I wanted to doublecheck.

Mine can't get here soon enough!!

30mm is correct.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#35]
After a long time hunting for a scope for my AR-10 DMR and reading this thread, I think you have all convinced me to go with the Vortex PST.  whether its the 2-10x32 or the 4-16x50 in still not sure, but that's another problem.  My question to you guys with the Larue mount is..does the mount in anyway impead your view of the elevation nob and its markings?  From some of your pictures it looks like it might. Just curious before I do all my ordering. Thanks
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 1:49:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
After a long time hunting for a scope for my AR-10 DMR and reading this thread, I think you have all convinced me to go with the Vortex PST.  whether its the 2-10x32 or the 4-16x50 in still not sure, but that's another problem.  My question to you guys with the Larue mount is..does the mount in anyway impead your view of the elevation nob and its markings?  From some of your pictures it looks like it might. Just curious before I do all my ordering. Thanks

I don't have any issues with it.  

For .308 I would get the 4-16x or even 6-24x. I have a NF NXS 5.5-22x50mm on my .308 bolt-action and use the 22x all the time. Just sayin'.

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 2:39:48 PM EDT
[#37]
That is exactly what I wanted but thought it was a little rich for my blood. That and I'm not sure if that will be too big for a 16" DMR. Thoughts??
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 4:58:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That is exactly what I wanted but thought it was a little rich for my blood. That and I'm not sure if that will be too big for a 16" DMR. Thoughts??

It really depends what your goal is with that rifle and your budget.

I consider the .308 a 600yd caliber, sure it will go further but there are much better calibers for longer distances. You also handicapped yourself a good bit with a 16" barrel. If you plan on shots out to 1k you are going to have a rough time. Knowing more of what your expectations are would help. I do know this much, you will want a scope with a good amount internal elevation travel and I would also be looking at a 20MOA scope mount. Larue makes one that's pretty much the same as the LT104.

Link Posted: 4/12/2013 5:24:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Very nice scope.
Link Posted: 4/12/2013 10:36:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Finally got mine out today to zero. Turrets tracked perfectly with the reticle and the box drill. I LOVE this scope!

Link Posted: 4/13/2013 3:39:11 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Finally got mine out today to zero. Turrets tracked perfectly with the reticle and the box drill. I LOVE this scope!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxOPqmzObyY

Very nice!

Link Posted: 4/14/2013 12:41:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm not thinking I would go out much beyond 600 with this rifle anyway, That's what my bolt action is for.
Link Posted: 4/14/2013 1:06:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Nice scope. I can't wait to get my hands on one and try it out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 5:42:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Hydra-Shokz

Hey I gotta get some of those THICK shims.  I sent you a PM.
Link Posted: 4/16/2013 6:33:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Hydra-Shokz

Hey I gotta get some of those THICK shims.  I sent you a PM.

I texted you back. Let me know if you didn't get it.

Link Posted: 4/22/2013 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Holy smokes the demand for these FFPs are high! They're backordered till the June! Anyone have a nice lead to instock ones?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 1:56:42 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Holy smokes the demand for these FFPs are high! They're backordered till the June! Anyone have a nice lead to instock ones?

Sportoptics.com seems to have the MOA version. Also try cameralandny.com.

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 4:36:33 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the MRAD worth the wait? I always thought the retiacle was really personal unit of measurement preferences?
Link Posted: 4/23/2013 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is the MRAD worth the wait? I always thought the retiacle was really personal unit of measurement preferences?

I prefer MOA but have no issue using mils. One is 1" @100yds and one is 3.6" @100yds. Your just using different numbers. The fact that you are asking the question means you need to do a little more reading on the subject. The most important thing is that your turrets match your reticle. Most guys will tell you, if you are just starting out, to learn the mil system. I say it doesn't matter. I've spent my life using a tape measure so the MOA system works with my brain a bit easier. .25 or .36 clicks. You decide!

Link Posted: 4/23/2013 8:52:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I prefer MOA but have no issue using mils. One is 1" @100yds and one is 3.6" @100yds. Your just using different numbers. The fact that you are asking the question means you need to do a little more reading on the subject. The most important thing is that your turrets match your reticle. Most guys will tell you, if you are just starting out, to learn the mil system. I say it doesn't matter. I've spent my life using a tape measure so the MOA system works with my brain a bit easier. .25 or .36 clicks. You decide!

Just so that I get this straight, the A in MOA stands for angle, while the RAD in MRAD stands for radians? However, the MOA system is in English units while the MRAD system is in metric? So a 0.1 MRAD adjustment would be a 1 cm change at 100 meters, while a 1/4 MOA adjustment is 1/4 in at 100 yards?

Page / 5
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top