Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I still cant make my mind up.

Has anyone experienced rattling KAC panels and how to secure them?  Super-Duper sturdy?

HELP!!!

No rattle experience here and they are super-duper sturdy, just order them and be done with it. If you don't like them you can flip them on the EE and probably only lose a few dollars on the deal.
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
i like my magpul xt's

but then again these are the only ones i have handled
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't know why, but no one ever mentions the Dark Parts panels?

They mount very securely and have the rubberized texture.

These are from the Excalibur Arms website      www.sr-25.com

Link Posted: 12/6/2004 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I just purchased a set of KAC to go on my new YHM two piece handguard.  Both are very solid and I am very happy with the combo.  

WTR
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 12:25:43 PM EDT
[#5]
+1 for magpul
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 1:45:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Best place to get some KAC panels?
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Best place to get some KAC panels?

The EE
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Note to self:

Be sure to contact BrightFlashlights for next accessory need

has:
YHM
Magpul
Surefire
Phantom FH, etc.

all found here
Link Posted: 12/6/2004 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't buy them from M-A Parts.  I tried that and got in trouble.  It seems the owner is a little twitchy and doesn't know how to work a credit card machine.  

I ended up with a set of the Magpul panels for my 6.8mm Tactical rifle.

BTW:  I just ordered a YHM Flip Up BUIS for the rifle below.  From BrightFlashlights.

Link Posted: 12/14/2004 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Which panels are the slimmest?  What do the kac panels feel like.   On the picture they appear to be a soft rubber.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 12/15/2004 8:33:37 AM EDT
[#11]
This may be a little off your original question, but rail covers, if not attached like the issued ones WILL come off if when used in any way like combat -- in the field, MOUT, etc. From personal experience you always need to secure all your gear from compass, to your sidearm (if ya got) double secure your bayonet/knife, even tape your gernades (depends, but this just shows how rough your running, jumping, low crawling can be) otherwise you will eventually loose it, and that would also include your rail covers.  Now this is in a combat, but the way a lot of people talk here they expect to be right in the middle of IT anyday now -- so!  Not tootin' my horn, but I know this from first hand experience with Uncle Sammy.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 2:02:09 AM EDT
[#12]
I like the full covers on the top and bottom rails and low profile rail covers on the sides, gives the whole thing a good feel....but that is just me.

Bunch of places to get covers, everyone is carrying them now. I found mine on Ebay of all places, couldn't beat the price. do a search for "Rail covers" in the sporting good section.

I also like using some of the short covers and mixing the colors up some for additional camo....
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 5:53:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Magpul XTs are the shit.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 6:05:26 PM EDT
[#14]
i like my magpul xt's but the KAc's are nice too. Just like the feel of the magpul better.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Got both KAC and Magpul.  KAC clips rattle and make noise.  They are hard and slick.  They shift fore/aft 1mm.  Magpul is rubbery.  No noise.  No movement.  They get bent up too easy where they attach to rails.  I view them as dispossable after about 100 add/remove cycles.  Magpul is slimmer.  KAC ONLY advantage is they WILL NOT come off unless the clip breaks.  Magpul panels are what reside on my gun and KAC sits in the spare parts bin.
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#16]
KAC  = The Best
Link Posted: 12/16/2004 7:46:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I just purchased 3 11 rib KAC panels.

I'll probably get Magpul too and write a small review.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top