Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 4:41:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You know why someone represents themself?  No lawyer will take their case.
View Quote

F&D has in-house counsel with no time-punch.
Here is the press release regarding the LWRCI and Colt acquisition and its relation to F&D:

New Braunfels, Texas - February 28, 2014 - In light of recent events surrounding the pending acquisition of LWRCI by Colt Defense, it has become necessary to release the following statements regarding F&D Defense’s current litigation against LWRCI.  To avoid further confusion and misunderstanding by the public, F&D Defense is providing the following list of events and facts surrounding its position and reasons for action against LWRCI, which began several months before any discussion of Colt acquiring LWRCI. Detailed information and court filings regarding our case is openly posted at our website at http://www.fd-defense.com/index.php/home/fd-news, which serves as a preemptive defense of all our protected (but diminishing) First Amendment Rights.

In 2006, Corby Hall performed major engineering work for Jesse Gomez (VP of Engineering, LWRC). This work performed was regarding LWRC’s signature 308 auto-loading rifle which was the then called "SABR" and now called "REPR".

-This has been well documented by drawings submitted by Corby and used by LWRC, as well as corresponding emails between Jesse and Corby discussing the work and its various details, which may be found at F&D's website.

-At this time, Corby was subcontracting and showcasing his engineering talent for LWRC through Jesse.  He did entertain the possibly that LWRC would, after some degree of outstanding performance, offer him an engineering/manufacturing position in order to utilize these skills to the continued benefit of LWRC. This too was discussed with Jesse at times during the performance of this work.

-Upon completion, no job interview or offer was made and the relationship ended without dispute. Jesse expressed his gratitude for the work performed by Corby and stated that the work delivered was "outstanding".

-Jesse continued his employment with LWRC, taking sole credit for work performed by Corby. Thereafter, Corby made no issue of it to Jesse or anyone else with interest.

In 2009, after designing the FD308 and FD338, Corby started F&D Defense.

-By Corby’s talent and leadership, F&D builds world class rifles based around the timeless AR platform, including the invention of substantial improvements to the piston system as well as substantial improvements to the AR platform's chassis.

-All designs and machine work are proprietary to F&D.

-After a tireless effort to build a machine shop and tool-up from the ground-up with very limited funds, in 2012 F&D Defense began shipping pre-production FD308 rifles.

-F&D has never used Corby’s prior involvement with LWRC as a promotion for himself or F&D even though the subject had come up from time to time in small circles of communication, including myself when I was a customer and then potential investor to F&D.

In 2013, in the midst of an intense forum debate, the subject of Corby’s design work for LWRCI was brought forward by an independent party on a forum.

-During that conversation, Corby’s character and integrity was questioned regarding the truthfulness of his casual assertion of involvement with LWRC.

-The discussion then surfaced on the LWRCI forum where Jesse Gomez entered the debate to “set the record straight”.   In setting the record straight, Jesse stated that Corby had nothing to do with development of the REPR, thereby directly impeaching Corby's honesty.

-In conjunction with these events, F&D received an unwarranted threatening email from Darren Mellors, Executive Vice President of LWRCI, insisting we remove all postings regarding Corby’s involvement with their technical data and refrain from making any further comments or face legal retaliation. He further stated that he believed F&D Defense was infringing various patents owned by LWRCI and advised that their patent attorney would soon be in touch.

-At this point, F&D Defense made the decision that it could not survive an extensive patent infringement lawsuit, even though no patents had been infringed by F&D Defense.  In fact, after seeking counsel from a respected patent law firm, the conclusion was reached that a portion of LWRCI’s patents were not only unenforceable, but that one of which F&D was being threatened for violating was actually invented by Corby during his work performed in 2006.

-Based on the defamatory statements made by Jesse, painting Corby and F&D as a company of low character that needed to make false claims to promote its accomplishments, and causing the current customer base and potential customers to question F&D’s integrity, F&D suffered a decrease in sales and substantial increase in mistrust throughout the marketplace.

-F&D was left with no choice but to defend its name and reputation against a much larger and well established competitor.  In June 2013, the decision was made to file suit against LWRCI for defamation in Texas State Court.

-The original demand made by F&D was a public retraction by LWRCI of the defamatory statements, the immediate termination of Jesse Gomez's employment, and a written assurance that F&D would be free from any future litigation with LWRCI. No monetary demand was made.  The reasonableness of this demand was rejected by LWRCI without consideration.

In 2014, the legal team amassed by LWRCI continues to stall the process thereby allowing damages caused by the defamation to continue exponentially.

-LWRCI continues to deny its obvious defamatory actions and by conveniently withholding the truth from the public and its own customers, allows our integrity to be tarnished by an uniformed public that assumes F&D is only seeking to use the litigious process to extort funds from a much larger competitor.In reality, all F&D sought was for the truth to be told and credit to be given where it is due.

-Due to LWRCI's unreasonableness and continuing damages, F&D has not only decided to continue its vigorous efforts to force LWRCI to repair the damage caused, but has also decided to pursue our deserved place as inventor of the 8,342,075 patent currently owned by LWRCI.F&D is also seeking to move for declaratory judgment on various other LWRCI patents as we believe they do not meet the required enforceability elements of novelty and/or non-obviousness.

-With the recent announcement of Colt’s pending acquisition of LWRCI, it is our intent to proceed with our current course. We hold no ill-will towards Colt and wish them success in their endeavors but will continue our efforts against the egregious actions by LWRCI and its executives that have intentionally and maliciously damaged F&D.

-It should be well noted that, to this date, LWRCI has not filed a patent infringement lawsuit against F&D, even though they threatened it within their initial letter to F&D months ago.

-F&D has recently hired a full-time in-house counsel to begin handling legal issues against LWRCI in order that we can focus on what we do best, and that is building the best.

As a company, we would like to make it clear that it is our goal to seek restitution for damages caused by a much larger competitor acting as the aggressor. We would also like to make it clear to the public that we are defending ourselves from those who would seek to maliciously benefit from our work and talent without due authorization.F&D made a good faith effort to resolve the issues with LWRCI early so both companies could focus on their original work of manufacturing fine weapons, just so happens to be that ours are finer ;-)

As individuals, it is our intent to be open and honest regarding this matter.  We hold our name and reputation in high regard and intend to defend it when attacked or painted in a questionable light. We would humbly ask the public and our customers to consider the facts (now in public record) before making a presumption regarding our integrity or intent.  Detailed information and court filings regarding our case is openly posted at our website at http://www.fd-defense.com/index.php/home/fd-news. We view this action against LWRCI as a defense of First Amendment Rights and an attempt to preserve those rights from an aggressor who threatens use of the legal system and publish intentional falsehoods in a manner that would otherwise suppress those rights against others.

About F&D Defense, LLC
F&D Defense, LLC is a designer, manufacturer, and innovator of world class AR rifles, including the FD308 short-action and FD338 long-action platforms.  F&D utilizes its own designs, manufacturing process, and innovations to enhance the AR platform to produce rifles of the highest quality, style, and performance.  Only the finest materials and products are used to produce F&D’s line of weapons. F&D continuously strives to innovate and improve upon a well known platform in order to offer operators every available advantage.

Press Contacts:
Brian H. Shirley
CFO, Manager – F&D Defense, LLC
405-380-4346
[email protected]
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I do loves a good IP pillow fight

in fact, i have a patent on them
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:21:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

With the Colt purchase being finalized, will Colt join in on the IP pillow fight?
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 6:53:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I haven't read anything on Colt's or LWRCi's web page . Have others seen this OFFICALLY advertised somewhere ?
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

With the Colt purchase being finalized, will Colt join in on the IP pillow fight?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doubt it. Colt is not known for engaging in drawn-out legal battles.

In my opinion, it would be a loosing battle considering that their newly purchased IP from LWRCI is about to be challenged on the basis of lacking novelty and/or non-obviousness.
If I am wrong and they do want to engage, then no problem; F&D has an in-house patent attorney who doesn't bill by the hour.

Maryland/Connecticut boys vs Texas boys.... Good luck Yankees, I've water-logged my pillow.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 8:52:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

In my opinion, it would be a loosing battle considering that their newly purchased IP from LWRCI is about to be challenged on the basis of lacking novelty and/or non-obviousness.

If I am wrong and they do want to engage, then no problem; F&D has an in-house patent attorney who doesn't bill by the hour.

Maryland/Connecticut boys vs Texas boys.... Good luck Yankees, I've water-logged my pillow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Since there's no response yet from your thread in GD, tell us all how you're affiliated with F&D, because we all know you are.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:22:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to the documents posted on your affiliated groups site, they are challenging it on the grounds that Mr. Hall invented the tech and not the basis of lacking novelty... Which is it?

I do not doubt Mr. Hall had some sort of input in LWRCI but I'm curious if he signed a document giving up rights to all intellectual properties created, while working for said company. This is standard practice across the country at any corporation. At my job even, I was told to sign a document that stated any ideas I have, while on the job, is the property of Microsoft.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
According to the documents posted on your affiliated groups site, they are challenging it on the grounds that Mr. Hall invented the tech and not the basis of lacking novelty... Which is it?

I do not doubt Mr. Hall had some sort of input in LWRCI but I'm curious if he signed a document giving up rights to all intellectual properties created, while working for said company. This is standard practice across the country at any corporation. At my job even, I was told to sign a document that stated any ideas I have, while on the job, is the property of Microsoft.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm also struggling to understand how he invented the tech that underlies ALL of LWRC's piston offerings, when he supposedly only worked on tech drawings for the SABR/REPR, which, at it's heart, simply uses the same piston setup that LWRC had been using for years before that.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Based on correction of inventorship.
No assignment of IP was ever made to LWRC. But you are correct, that is how situations like this are normally conducted.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:42:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm also struggling to understand how he invented the tech that underlies ALL of LWRC's piston offerings, when he supposedly only worked on tech drawings for the SABR/REPR, which, at it's heart, simply uses the same piston setup that LWRC had been using for years before that.
View Quote

Ask someone at LWRCI how carrier-tilt issues were solved...
Then implemented on all their products. Hmmm.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So, back to your exact connection to F&D?

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:09:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Aww... are the facts being presented here making you a little nervous?
Perhaps I'm making you question everything you assumed about LWRCI for so many years?

Speaking of First Amendment...
You demand out of one side of your mouth that all sides should have their say, but out of the other side you say F&D's statement is not credible because it came from the very person who has direct knowledge of the facts.
What hypocrisy!
When you say let the court determine the truth... what you are really saying is "everyone be silent on this issue so LWRCI can do damage control".
Well its too late for that, LWRCI has already damaged itself extensively on this matter with its various actions and malicious threats.

Perhaps if the facts of the case were restated through someone else without knowledge, then it would be credible right?
And exactly where is LWRCI's statement on this? They have known about these issues for many months now... but not a peep as far as a public statement goes.

If you don't like me posting here, take it up with Jorge, which I have already engaged with him about setting up an industry partner plan for F&D.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:17:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Perhaps I'm making you question everything you assumed about LWRCI for so many years?

You demand out of one side of your mouth that all sides should have their say, but out of the other side you say F&D's statement is not credible because it came from the very person who has direct knowledge of the facts.
What hypocrisy!
When you say let the court determine the truth... what you are really saying is "everyone be silent on this issue so LWRCI can do damage control".
Well its too late for that, LWRCI has already damaged itself extensively on this matter with its various actions and malicious threats.

Perhaps if the facts of the case were restated through someone else without knowledge, then it would be credible right?
And exactly where is LWRCI's statement on this? They have known about these issues for many months now... but not a peep as far as a public statement goes.

If you don't like me posting here, take it up with Jorge, which I have already engaged with him about setting up an industry partner plan for F&D.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What hypocrisy!

No one is getting upset about you speaking your voice but you'll have to understand that you come here with an aura of bias. Your affiliation with F&D will automatically set you with a slanted view, the same could be said if LWRCI came in here and started saying contrary comments.

Speak your piece, I don't mind but expect individuals to look at your evidence with an aura of suspicion and don't insult the members for it. That is just bad form.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:17:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

What hypocrisy!

Perhaps if the facts of the case were restated through someone else, then it would be credible right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What hypocrisy!

Perhaps if the facts of the case were restated through someone else, then it would be credible right?

Lulz.  You are making arguments with me that are really out there, Mr. Hall.  I said your statement is biased.  By definition, since you are a litigant in this matter, it IS biased.  I didn't say you shouldn't have your say, just pointed out the bias, and that your filings and statements are not, and cannot be, by definition, objective.

Second, don't try to put interpretations in my mouth.  I said let the courts decide what the facts are, rather than letting a litigant try to make his side the entire story.  That's what courts are for.  You are clearly spinning when you try to make that a statement that it isn't.

Third, why would I expect LWRC to put forward a huge amount of statements, that's not the norm for ANY corporation with competent legal advisers when confronted with a lawsuit.

Last, who said I didn't want you posting?  I just want you to be honest, and not to expect us to take your inherently biased statements as if they were established fact, which you seem to be trying to do.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:33:04 AM EDT
[#15]
All,
Except when specifically stated as opinion, my statements are fact because F&D faces imminent counterclaims from LWRCI if they are not.
That in itself is makes the statements objective for the direct risk of legal action.
On the F&D website, I have provided uncontroverted evidence that has been presented to either LWRCI or the Court supporting these statements.

Of course you may state your opinions, just as I may challenge them.
I don't have the authorization to suppress your statements, and if I did have that authority I wouldn't exercise it for the sake of allowing dissemination of truth to the interested public.
Since many members of this forum also have a bias of support for LWRCI, all unchallenged statements should be equally suspect, as hundreds (if not thousands) of individuals and dealerships across the country profit from and have a specific interest in protecting LWRCI.

After 9 months of litigation, F&D is still the only side who has publicly presented evidence supporting its position.
So... if you want to continue arguing about merits, lets get to the merits!
LWRCI representatives are welcome to participate at any moment! But I promise you, this is NOT something LWRCI wants discussed in the open.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:40:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
All,
Except when specifically stated as opinion, my statements are fact because F&D faces imminent counterclaims from LWRCI if they are not.
That in itself is makes the statements objective for the direct risk of legal action.
On the F&D website, I have provided uncontroverted evidence that has been presented to either LWRCI or the Court supporting these statements.

Of course you may state your opinions, just as I may challenge your opinions.
I don't have the authorization to suppress your statements, and if I did have that authority I wouldn't exercise it.
Since many members of this forum also have a bias of support for LWRCI, all unchallenged statements should be equally suspect.

After 9 months of litigation, F&D is still the only side who has publicly presented evidence supporting its position.
LWRCI representatives are welcome to participate at any moment! But I promise you, this is NOT something LWRCI wants discussed in the open.
View Quote

No offense but no major corporation, or even small one, really ever wants to talk about anything in the open, when a pending court case is active. Their attorneys often gag them and gag them fast. Please keep in mind, I'm not stating you're lying here but please stop attempting to be-little or berate the other posters. It really is unbecoming of an individual, especially one that is attempting to garner support.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:42:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

All,

Except when specifically stated as opinion, my statements are fact because I face imminent counterclaims from LWRCI if they are not.

That in itself is objective.

Of course you may state your opinions, just as I may challenge your opinions.

I don't have the authorization to suppress your statements, and if I did have that authority I wouldn't exercise it.

Since many members of this forum also have a bias of support for LWRCI, all unchallenged statements should be equally suspect.

View Quote
Spin.  Spin and bluster.

Look, the evidence MAY bear you out.  That's not for me to decide.  But to say that you can be objective about ANYTHING in a case in which you are a litigant is so completely divorced from reality as to make me question anything you put forward.  It calls your credibility into question that you deny that any statement made by a litigant, made about the litigation, is inherently biased.

You also try to claim that LWRC's lack of public statements on the matter are somehow damning, which is patently false to anyone who knows anything about what a competent legal department will advise in any kind of suit.  To claim that their silence supports your point of view is intellectually dishonest.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Spin.  Spin and bluster.

Look, the evidence MAY bear you out.  That's not for me to decide.  But to say that you can be objective about ANYTHING in a case in which you are a litigant is so completely divorced from reality as to make me question anything you put forward.  It calls your credibility into question that you deny that any statement made by a litigant, made about the litigation, is inherently biased.

You also try to claim that LWRC's lack of public statements on the matter are somehow damning, which is patently false to anyone who knows anything about what a competent legal department will advise in any kind of suit.  To claim that their silence supports your point of view is intellectually dishonest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Spin.  Spin and bluster.

How about you identify your association with LWRCI, and your reason for attacking F&D's public statement as biased?
Shall we not see a shade_1313 also posting "unbiased" support for LWRCI on its forum? And attacking F&D in the same breath?

27 Feb 2014 - In Reply to Darren Mellors (fact witness for LWRCI):
Quoted:
Seriously, favorite gun company, and I'd hate to see anything derail that.

1 Mar 2014:
Quoted:
Well, I can be patient APART from F&D's sock puppets, which are popping up on ARF. Annoying little turd who doesn's seem to grasp that LDubs is not Congress, and so cannot infringe upon his puppeteer's first amendment rights.

Don't try to dance with me son. Your statements above are the most biased yet posted on this Board, by far.
If you are now LWRCI's public representative you may want to go have a lengthy discussion with Jesse Gomez at this time.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:08:47 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
How about you identify your association with LWRCI, and your reason for attacking F&D's public statement as biased?

Shall we not see a shade_1313 also posting unbiased support for LWRCI on its forum?

Don't try to dance with me son. Your statements above are the most biased yet posted on this Board, by far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Spin.  Spin and bluster.

Shall we not see a shade_1313 also posting unbiased support for LWRCI on its forum?

Quoted:

Seriously, favorite gun company, and I'd hate to see anything derail that.

Ha.  You going to try to use me in your suit?  That's funny, right there.  What's next, the admit or deny questionnaire to LWRC that asks if "shade_1313" is a representative or spokesman for LWRC?

Okay, laughing boy, I'll play along and answer your questions.

My association with LWRC is as a customer, going back to 2009 or so.  I did a bunch of research on piston ARs and went with what seemed to be the best quality.  I purchased a CSAT M6A1-S (no little lower receiver shelf, by the way, and never a hint of carrier tilt...that's a hint, the "shelf" you claim ownership of isn't really necessary).  Followed up with purchases of a PSD pistol, then a 16" REPR.  Damn fine guns, both, although I routed a form 1 for an ARFCOM lower receiver and have the PSD upper on that.  I've also purchased an M6AK, an M6A1, a 10.5" M6, a Mjolnir REPR, an IC, and a Six8 SPR.  I bought all of those because (ta-da!) I was so impressed with the quality and customer service of the company.  IF you had a part in the design of the REPR, good job, man.  I say IF, because that's not established, no matter how much you stamp your feet and insist your statements on litigation you are involved in are, somehow, objective.

The reason I attack your statement as biased?  Because it is.  You're involved in a legal dispute, anything you say is, inherently, biased.  Any statement they were foolish enough to give in spite of their legal team's advice would also be biased.  That's the intrinsic nature of a dispute.  Now, it may come to pass that one, or both, parties have a bias that is found to be correct, but to try to pass off anything said by a litigant as being without bias...well, there are enough fucking idiots in this country that I'm sure you could find someone who believes that to be possible, but that doesn't make it so.

I like LWRC.  I like, specifically, their product, the quality thereof, and the customer service I've received.  Sure, I'm biased.  But it's not just a lie that my statement, as mined from their forum, is more biased than those by you, a litigant in the suit, it's moved up to a damn lie.

Last thing.  My Father was a man who served his nation for 26 years, in the Navy and the Air Force.  He retired honorably after serving two tours in Vietnam, part of that as an eyewitness to the Tet offensive.  He passed four years ago.  HE got to call me "son".  You don't.  You haven't remotely got the right.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

My association with LWRC is as a customer, going back to 2009 or so.  I did a bunch of research on piston ARs and went with what seemed to be the best quality.  I purchased a CSAT M6A1-S (no little lower receiver shelf, by the way, and never a hint of carrier tilt...that's a hint, the "shelf" you claim ownership of isn't really necessary).  Followed up with purchases of a PSD pistol, then a 16" REPR.  Damn fine guns, both, although I routed a form 1 for an ARFCOM lower receiver and have the PSD upper on that.  I've also purchased an M6AK, an M6A1, a 10.5" M6, a Mjolnir REPR, an IC, and a Six8 SPR.  I bought all of those because (ta-da!) I was so impressed with the quality and customer service of the company.  IF you had a part in the design of the REPR, good job, man.  I say IF, because that's not established, no matter how much you stamp your feet and insist your statements on litigation you are involved in are, somehow, objective.

The reason I attack your statement as biased?  Because it is.  You're involved in a legal dispute, anything you say is, inherently, biased.  Any statement they were foolish enough to give in spite of their legal team's advice would also be biased.  That's the intrinsic nature of a dispute.  Now, it may come to pass that one, or both, parties have a bias that is found to be correct, but to try to pass off anything said by a litigant as being without bias...well, there are enough fucking idiots in this country that I'm sure you could find someone who believes that to be possible, but that doesn't make it so.

I like LWRC.  I like, specifically, their product, the quality thereof, and the customer service I've received.  Sure, I'm biased.  But it's not just a lie that my statement, as mined from their forum, is more biased than those by you, a litigant in the suit, it's moved up to a damn lie.

Last thing.  My Father was a man who served his nation for 26 years, in the Navy and the Air Force.  He retired honorably after serving two tours in Vietnam, part of that as an eyewitness to the Tet offensive.  He passed four years ago.  HE got to call me "son".  You don't.  You haven't remotely got the right.
View Quote

Son, my address is on the F&D website. Feel free to deal with me in person as you feel necessary.
You lost that battle by not producing your bias upfront, as I DID by the very nature of my username C_Hall.

To move on to your carrier tilt assertion... then WHY, my friend, spend all that time and money getting a patent on it?
Facts are: pre-shelf units were still subject to carrier tilt. One way to mask the issue is to add a large shallow-angled lead-in chamfer on the carrier's rear-end.

That did NOT solve carrier tilt, again, all it did was visibly mask the issue. "LDub" customers have presented pictures on your forum showing evidence of carrier tilt wear despite this "masking".
These units were still susceptible to inconsistent cyclic rates due to the "jump" from the extension threads to the buffer tube inner diameter, which in-turn can effect accuracy.
The issue was not truly "solved" until the shelf was implemented.

Jesse Gomez's "extensive engineering experience" allowed him to come to the conclusion that adding a "4 degree angle to the piston key strike face" would solve carrier tilt.
From an engineering perspective, this is the most ludicrous thing I have every heard anyone say regarding piston systems.
But hey, if it convinces our otherwise ignorant customer base that we know what were doing, let's just go with it.
Coming from that same "extensive engineering experience" that required him to subcontract a substantial portion of his engineering work out to a 24 year-old nobody.

If carrier tilt was truly solved, then why now, have all LWRCI's products incorporated the shelf support feature?

In my opinion, much of what comes out of the LWRCI "sales & engineering" team is complete BS.
I group you into that category by your attempt to conceal that association.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:40:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Son, my address is on the F&D website. Feel free to deal with me in person as you feel necessary.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tells me everything I need to know about the nature of your character, or lack thereof.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Tells me everything I need to know about the nature of your character, or lack thereof.
View Quote

Does that mean our light-hearted conversation is over?
Come on, lets keep this going!
The more we converse, the more LWRCI's lawyers have to read.
And I've got 30 more minutes till my machines are ready for change-over.

Please don't feel hurt...

Okay...?

Okay... I'm sorry for calling you "son". It wont happen again.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow what a douchebag.

ETA: Not you shade.

Seriously what a fucking asshole. I'm even pissed now. Complete lack of respect. *Click*
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:56:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Wow what a douchebag.

Seriously what a fucking asshole. I'm even pissed now. Complete lack of respect. *Click*
View Quote

Tell me why I should respect someone purporting to be an uninterested passer-by who is actually conspiring to promote LWRCI's legal positions?
Whether or not that promotion be in a passive-aggressive manner...
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:56:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Okay...?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okay...?

You coming on here trying to intimidate us with talk of lawyers is not going to scare us. Also coming on and disrespecting members is not going to give you any points either. I've seen way more intimidating things in my short life that most people will never hear of or will see the light of day. Trust me when I say this you swinging the L word around doesn't scare me or many others here in the slightest.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 11:59:15 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You coming on here trying to intimidate us with talk of lawyers is not going to scare us. Also coming on and disrespecting members is not going to give you any points either. I've seen way more intimidating things in my short life that most people will never hear of or will see the light of day. Trust me when I say this you swinging the L word around doesn't scare me or many others here in the slightest.
View Quote

No one has threatened anyone regarding anything about lawyers here.
Go read the court filings and find out who has actually been using the L-word for intimidation!
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:03:18 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Tell me why I should respect someone purporting to be an uninterested passer-by who is actually conspiring to promote LWRCI's legal positions?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow what a douchebag.

Good gods...do you even reality or lucid thinking, kid?  Conspiring?  Quick quiz, tell me what you think happened on 9/11?

Is there ANYONE who spends any time in the piston subforum who had the remotest confusion about my appreciation of LWRC rifles?  Anyone?  Anyone who might have thought I was, in any way, "uninterested" in LWRC?  Bueller?  But I'm an evil agent of your legal nemesis, conspiring against you on this forum, because I point out that, by definition, a litigant's point of view on litigation is biased?  How about the moon, did we land there?

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:06:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't try to pull the wool over my eyes. My job for a living is analyzing information to include being able to extract the subtleties of what someone is saying.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:06:19 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Go read the court filings and find out who has actually been using the L-word for intimidation!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If, in fact, your claims and statements are unfounded, then LWRC was right to take legal action to stop you from making false claims.

If, in fact, your claims are correct, then they should, rightly, be found at fault.
The problem is you state the one, and expect us to take it at face value, presenting only your own side of the litigation and your own publicity.  Which, again, is inherently biased.  AGAIN, as I said earlier, your bias may turn out to be correct and ruled in favor of in a court.  Or, it may not.  Either way, the bias is an intrinsic part of your statements, it cannot be otherwise.

Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:21:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

If, in fact, your claims are correct, then they should, rightly, be found at fault

The problem is you state the one, and expect us to take it at face value, presenting only your own side of the litigation and your own publicity.  Which, again, is inherently biased.  AGAIN, as I said earlier, your bias may turn out to be correct and ruled in favor of in a court.  Or, it may not.  Either way, the bias is an intrinsic part of your statements, it cannot be otherwise.

View Quote

And are yours, for your direct association with a fact witness for LWRCI, and for specifically pointing out my "bias" and continuing to harp on it rather than attempting to address the merits.

BTW, how can a statement of fact be biased anyways?
What specific statement from F&D are you saying is biased? Just the letter as a whole? Or specific pieces?

When a statement of fact is made, it remains fact until contested with opposing evidence.
"Potential for bias" alone is not a position for the introduction of opposing evidence.

I can just imagine how, if you couple of goobers where their attorneys, LWRCI would get up on the stand and hang their hat on that defense...

The following is satire:
LWRCI: BIAS your Honor! He cannot be trusted because he is BIAS!
Judge: Okay... and what other evidence would you like to present the Court at this time?
LWRCI: BIAS! just Bias... isn't that enough your honor? We rest our case. Bias.
Judge: So you rest your case?
LWRCI: One more time... Bias! Just in case.

Hmmmm.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:23:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Don't try to pull the wool over my eyes. My job for a living is analyzing information to include being able to extract the subtleties of what someone is saying.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

What.
The.
Heck?

Are
You
Talking
About!

Weirdo.

How about you learn to analyze information for the purpose of figuring out what someone is ACTUALLY saying.
It would be much easier on you that way, and people wont think you're a weirdo anymore.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Hall- piss off.

There's enough people that have served, or are serving, or had family members in the military that any inclination of disrespect without cause immediately casts any/everything in doubt that you spout.

You sound like a 3 year old getting involved in a high school debate, and has no ground to stand on except vague references and personal insults.

No, I don't have a cat in the fight- nor did I read much that you posted.  But your attitude towards others certainly did piss me off.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:00:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hall- piss off.
There's enough people that have served, or are serving, or had family members in the military that any inclination of disrespect without cause immediately casts any/everything in doubt that you spout.
You sound like a 3 year old getting involved in a high school debate, and has no ground to stand on except vague references and personal insults.
No, I don't have a cat in the fight- nor did I read much that you posted.  But your attitude towards others certainly did piss me off.
View Quote

Excuse me?
What the hell does "serving" have to do with anything on this board.
I have "served"... and I would never stoop so low as to use it as a reason why someone should give me inherent respect.
The guy said I should give him inherent respect because his daddy "served"... that's even lower.
So go pound sand.

You bunch of pansy-pants are the ones sounding like 3-years.
Afraid to address the merits of your arguments for LWRCI.
The only tactic you can use is diverting and derailing the conversation.
95% of the people reading and not engaging in this can see right through it.

Perhaps you should go back and read where the personal insults originated.
From LWRCI's pet forum troll.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:03:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Mr. Hall, I don't know enough about the situation between F&D and LWRCi to make a determination as to who is right or wrong in this case, and may never be privy to all of it, but you are pissing in the collective cornflakes here on this forum.

My advice isn't legal, but it is good advice.

I would advise you to tone it down in respect to using the L towards a long established member, and in your attitude towards members here that mean you no harm, and are only looking for the truth.

You keep the up, and you won't last long here. This thread will get locked, and you will either get a time out, or a ban.

Oh,

IBTL-IBTB
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Mr. Hall, I don't know enough about the situation between F&D and LWRCi to make a determination as to who is right or wrong in this case, and may never be privy to all of it, but you are pissing in the collective cornflakes here on this forum.

I would advise you to tone it down in respect to using the L towards a long established member, and in your attitude towards members here that mean you no harm, and are only looking for the truth.

You keep the up, and you won't last long here. This thread will get locked, and you will either get a time out, or a ban.

Oh,

IBTL-IBTB
View Quote

This x2. And, for the first time ever for me:

IBTL IBTB
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#36]
All I have to say is my LWRCi's work GREAT , look GREAT and LWRCi treats me AWESOME !

Ya Boy !!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:25:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Oh,

IBTL-IBTB
View Quote

Warn your other members.
Your members who have been identified as working with LWRCI to push an agenda.
No one on this website was EVER threatened (even by slight implication) by me regarding any lawyers. EVER.

Further, I have provided respect where it has been earned or otherwise warranted, but have been nothing but attacked.
I hold my own and I fight my battles, unlike some who would like to see this thread get locked or deleted into oblivion.

Everyone else would actually like to see what LWRCI has to say about it.

Need I bring up HipFiredGun, 3ShotBursts, CmdrColt, and LeitnerWise? All coming from the same IP address touting a Colt buyout and potential large military contract in 2008?
The few posters of this board (long time members or not) wreak of the lingering stench of deception with that fiasco on this Board which nearly caused a catastrophic meltdown of LWRC at that time.
Mr. Mellors. Mr. Gomez...
I know you are lurking.

And yes, you just got called out.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Warn your other members.
No one on this website was EVER threatened (even by slight implication) by me regarding any lawyers. EVER.

Further, I have provided respect where it has been earned or otherwise warranted, but have been nothing but attacked.
I hold my own and I fight my battles, unlike some who would like to see this thread get locked or deleted into oblivion.

Need I bring up HipFiredGun, 3ShotBursts, CmdrColt, and LeitnerWise? All coming from the same IP address touting a Colt buyout and potential large military contract in 2008?
The few posters of this board (long time members or not) wreak of the lingering stench of deception of that fiasco on this Board which nearly caused a catastrophic meltdown of LWRC at that time.
I know you are lurking.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh,

IBTL-IBTB

Warn your other members.

The few posters of this board (long time members or not) wreak of the lingering stench of deception of that fiasco on this Board which nearly caused a catastrophic meltdown of LWRC at that time.
I know you are lurking.

Mr. Hall, seriously this is going too far. I understand your frustration, if you are truly in the right, but you must understand that you are in a biased position.

LWRCI is as well, if they were to come to this board. It has been explained to you that any member that has something at stake is going to be naturally biased. Your information could very well be the truth but we can't know that for sure yet.

Please tone it down and stop trying to "Flush" out the boogie man. These are members that have recommended other rifles over the LWRC even, usually PWS or the LMT. But please stop with this attacking, it isn't becoming of an individual that is supposedly attempting to make friends....

And he didn't attack you, he merely pointed out that you have a bias, which, as you would say, is a fact. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Warn your other members.

The few posters of this board (long time members or not) wreak of the lingering stench of deception with that fiasco on this Board which nearly caused a catastrophic meltdown of LWRC at that time.
I know you are lurking.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh,

IBTL-IBTB

Warn your other members.

I know you are lurking.

OK, now we know who you are. You're Alex Jones. Quit playing Mr. Jones, and go home, get some sleep. You're drunk.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:34:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Mr. Hall, seriously this is going too far. I understand your frustration, if you are truly in the right, but you must understand that you are in a biased position.

LWRCI is as well, if they were to come to this board. It has been explained to you that any member that has something at stake is going to be naturally biased. Your information could very well be the truth but we can't know that for sure yet.

Please tone it down and stop trying to "Flush" out the boogie man. These are members that have recommended other rifles over the LWRC even, usually PWS or the LMT. But please stop with this attacking, it isn't becoming of an individual that is supposedly attempting to make friends....

And he didn't attack you, he merely pointed out that you have a bias, which, as you would say, is a fact. Sorry.
View Quote

So... would you like to hear what LWRCI has to say?
When LWRCI makes their statement (if they make a statement) will it also be automatically inadmissible for your determination of truth?
In which case, how will you determine what truth is?
Wait for a court ruling that might not come within 3 or more years?

Give me something to work with here.
I'm all for the personal (and irrelevant) attacks to go away, from both sides if you see it that way.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

When LWRCI makes their statement (if they make a statement) will it also be automatically inadmissible for your determination of truth?
Wait for a court ruling that might not come withing 3 more years?

I'm all for the personal (and irrelevant) attacks to go away, from both sides if you see it that way.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait for a court ruling that might not come withing 3 more years?

Sadly, waiting on a court decision is what you will have to wait for Mr. Hall. I know it sucks but that is the way our legal system works, the whole "Innocent until proven guilty" thing.

And again, I doubt LWRCI will ever make a statement on this, in the forums or publicly, their lawyers have told them to shut it. This is common practice for any corporation, they never ever talk about their case, even if they are completely in the right.

Anything they say can be used against them, even if they have done nothing wrong, (Keep in mind I'm not saying that here).

Attacking our long standing, and completely upstanding, members isn't going to make you popular or make people want you to even win. These are good folks here and they have assisted with others in purchase decisions as well as issues with their rifles. So please, as one individual to the next, drop the offensive and simply make peace.

You're going to come against some that are biased in favor of LWRCI, you should know this sir. They have been making rifles for a bit and a lot of people have been satisfied with their work. And, if what you say is true, they love the design modifications you did as well. You should take this as a compliment towards your work and not an assault on it.

That is my 2 cents at least.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:44:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

OK, now we know who you are. You're Alex Jones. Quit playing Mr. Jones, and go home, get some sleep. You're drunk.
View Quote

Not yet, thinking of some Jack later however.

-you know where I stand
-you know I don't take anyone's crap
-and you know I fight my own battles

I now know who y'all are (vaguely), and you apparently don't like being deceived as well....

Now that we all know each other...
Let's work to get to the bottom of this.

What say you, LWRCI?
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:50:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Sadly, waiting on a court decision is what you will have to wait for Mr. Hall. I know it sucks but that is the way our legal system works, the whole "Innocent until proven guilty" thing.

And again, I doubt LWRCI will ever make a statement on this, in the forums or publicly, their lawyers have told them to shut it. This is common practice for any corporation, they never ever talk about their case, even if they are completely in the right.
View Quote

Without being offensive toward your position... (I now feel like I have to preface every post with this statement)
It just seems like a defeatist attitude you are portraying.
BTW, "innocent until proven guilty" applies only to criminal cases.

If I were a died-in-the-wool LWRCI customer and I put my neck on the line to promote their reputation, I would be wanting to know WTF chuck>
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:55:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Without being offensive toward your position... (I now feel like I have to preface every post with this statement)

If I were a died-in-the-wool LWRCI customer and I put my neck on the line to promote their reputation, I would be wanting to know WTF chuck>
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We do want to know wtf is going on. But we also know crying in a forum isn't going to get them to open their mouths.

I'm trying to stay neutral to it all sir, I'm not taking either side. Heck, I've even pointed out that you should be taking the love of the LWRC rifles, that people are showing, as a compliment to your work.

Honestly, this is my last attempt at trying to be the voice of reason. If you want to continue to stick it in here, beating your chest and "Taking the fight to them" as you call it, so be it. You're not gaining any ground and you're frankly just wasting your time.

And if you want, just to show you that I'm not some "concealed LWRCI employee" I'm willing to send you a picture of my Microsoft ID badge with a couple of things blurred out, if that will satisfy your blood craze sir.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#45]
IBTL

Arfcom sure has a way of pulling out the professionalism in folks....I would be speechless about this thread if I hadn't been here long enough to have seen it many times before.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Not just the lack of professionalism - but the paranoia.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I'm trying to stay neutral to it all sir, I'm not taking either side. Heck, I've even pointed out that you should be taking the love of the LWRC rifles, that people are showing, as a compliment to your work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

See that's what I'm saying guy... "ignorance of the public".
Not that you (or the public) are "dumb"... just ignorant by the token of not attempting to uncover facts for yourself, but waiting for someone else to tell you what they think the facts are.
I have presented the facts, please see the filings.
I did not ever say or imply that I "designed" their rifles.
That is an ignorant passer-by's interpretation.
I contributed very minor (in my mind) "design" elements to their prototype SABR. Which some time later, they then patented and implemented throughout their product line. So evidently they thought it was important enough to claim an invention on. The engineering work, on the other hand, was much more substantial and not only was I never given credit for that work, LWRCI lied about even the existence of it. That is not even where I drew the line... I drew the line upon receiving unwarranted legal threats from LWRCI.

And if you wish to remain a passer-by, then just keep going... don't review the filings, and stop arguing w me.
And please quit acting as if and portraying me as the aggressor, which I am not.

Quoted:
And if you want, just to show you that I'm not some "concealed LWRCI employee" I'm willing to send you a picture of my Microsoft ID badge with a couple of things blurred out, if that will satisfy your blood craze sir.

Nah, I've got all the IP's already. (...sarcasm...)
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Not that you (or the public) are "dumb"... just ignorant by the token of not attempting to uncover facts for yourself, but waiting for someone else to tell you what they think the facts are.
I contributed very minor (in my mind) "design" elements to their prototype SABR. Which some time later, they then patented and implemented throughout their product line. So evidently they thought it was important enough to claim an invention on. The engineering work, on the other hand, was much more substantial and not only was I never given credit for that work, LWRCI lied about even the existence of it. That is not even where I drew the line... I drew the line upon receiving unwarranted legal threats from LWRCI. As any reasonable person would do.

And if you wish to remain a passer-by, then just keep going... don't review the filings, and stop arguing w me.
And please quit acting as if and portraying me as the aggressor, which I am not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I contributed very minor (in my mind) "design" elements to their prototype SABR. Which some time later, they then patented and implemented throughout their product line. So evidently they thought it was important enough to claim an invention on. The engineering work, on the other hand, was much more substantial and not only was I never given credit for that work, LWRCI lied about even the existence of it. That is not even where I drew the line... I drew the line upon receiving unwarranted legal threats from LWRCI. As any reasonable person would do.

Quoted:

Again, all of your information collected is just one side of this story. You have everything to gain from the story being told just right to make it look like you're the one being victimized. I'm done here, and sorry sir but you are the aggressor, in this forum.

At your current pace, you truly won't last long. I genuinely wish you luck.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#49]
This is a comedy goldmine.
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:38:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Again, all of your information collected is just one side of this story. You have everything to gain from the story being told just right to make it look like you're the one being victimized. I'm done here, and sorry sir but you are the aggressor, in this forum.

At your current pace, you truly won't last long. I genuinely wish you luck.
View Quote

And you sir, have zero critical thinking or investigative skills. You're only skill seems to be this niche passive-aggressive personal attack.
I will long outlast LWRCI, on this legal battle and in the field of building quality rifles, that much is guaranteed.

I do apologize for not portraying myself properly or to your standards of a "victim".
Peacock suckage and "woeful me" is not how generally I roll.

Now that the trolls have been revealed and admonished, are there any takers as to the merits of any legitimate positions? (for the 8th time)

Wasn't Colt and LWRCI supposed to close their deal today?
Though I have seen no announcement by either side. Hmmm.
Perhaps Monday. Its probably been a long week for them trying to deal with me.
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top