User Panel

Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/7/2008 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 10:56:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered an FGA and a G27 on 1 Jan and hadn’t heard anything since the initial order confirmation. No “back order notice” email about the FGA and no grip in the mail.

So, I just got off the phone with CAA. They said the FGA is scheduled for the next few weeks (something about the middle of the month, and I hope he meant January) and my G27 has, or is about to, ship.

On the flip side, since my Jan 1 shopping spree, I’ve purchased and received every other item I ordered from multiple vendors on the boards. I even ordered from one vendor a second time and just received the item today.

Not complaining, just observing and sharing.
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got mine in from the Tic and I am very impressed.  It seems like a lot of product for the money and does what it is supposed to do.  I would like to get the screws that were missing so I can attach the rail.  It came with two brass inserts and the rail, but it seems to have a spot for mounting the rail in three different areas and that would require 6 inserts. Should I have received 6 inserts and two screws to mount the extra rail?
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/10/2008 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#6]
RobI, I wouldn't stay up late waiting for the mailman to deliver your FGA. I ordered mine direct from CCA on December 6 and haven't received it yet. About a month ago was told it'd be 10 more days. My credit card was charged as they seem to know how to do that but producing a product that was advertised and available for order seems too difficult. I'm seriously wondering about this company now.

stumo (who also has ordered and received everything placed with other vendors)

Quoted:
I ordered an FGA and a G27 on 1 Jan and hadn’t heard anything since the initial order confirmation. No “back order notice” email about the FGA and no grip in the mail.

So, I just got off the phone with CAA. They said the FGA is scheduled for the next few weeks (something about the middle of the month, and I hope he meant January) and my G27 has, or is about to, ship.

On the flip side, since my Jan 1 shopping spree, I’ve purchased and received every other item I ordered from multiple vendors on the boards. I even ordered from one vendor a second time and just received the item today.

Not complaining, just observing and sharing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 7:09:44 AM EDT
[#7]
I just order any CAA stuff I need from the Tic.  He ships things fast and won't take your order till he has something in stock.    
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 10:09:05 AM EDT
[#8]
hey are you thinking of carrying them in OD green? all my furniture on mine is green
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 2:22:21 PM EDT
[#9]
My grip came in the mail today.
Very nice, you can't beat it for the price.
I put my Surefire E2E in it but the light is to small. Now I am forced to buy a led G2

Oh ya, I think I'm missing the 2 screws for the rail that mounts on the grip? I have the 2 threaded parts you have to tap in but no screws.
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 4:53:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I have an LED G2 in mine now.  I have both versions of the G2 and like them both, but the LED seems like a better choice to me, especially with the longer battery life.  My local Lowe's carries them now in black.  
Link Posted: 1/11/2008 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#12]
It seems that too many of you guys have NOT learned one valuable lesson during your time on this website, so please allow me to spell it out for you:

NEVER order directly from the manufacturer

ALWAYS order from an AR15.com Industry Partner

So in this case...

IF YOU PLAN TO PURCHASE ANY CAA PRODUCTS, ORDER FROM TheTic00!!!

Otherwise, get in line like everybody else.

Tic is a small (kitchen table ) dealer who busts his ARSE to make sure we are all happy with our stuff.  He also seems to have in the stuff that everyone else, including the factory, is SOLD OUT OF!  
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Yesterday I canceled the order with CAA and went with TheTic00. Like I explained to Derek, it was probably all the booze from the night before (New Year's Eve) that clouded my judgment and made me buy from the manufacturer. He has been nothing but helpful and accomidating. A top notch guy.

All the other stuff I bought came from AR15.com Industry Partners and is already installed on my various ARs.

Rob
Link Posted: 1/12/2008 7:24:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I got mine from TheTic00
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Finally received my FGA from Command Arms. I actually have (2) now as I ordered one from TheTic00 too as I had no idea when I'd get the one from CA and TheTic00 had one in stock.

Gotta say I am kinda let down by the thing. It's supposed to be for a 1" diameter light but it's sized more like for a 1 1/8" light. My Surefire 6P is pretty sloppy in it. If you crank the retaining barrel down so it secures the light, the screw then protrudes out about 1/2" nad has the potential to snag.  I might cut the screw down. I placed a piece of bicycle tire inner tube over the flashlight barrel and that helps but you really shouldn't have to do that on a properly engineered product.

It's nice that you can store spare batteries in the vertical front grip but you best store a cut down 3mm allen wrench in there too as you won't be able to get the light out of the mount to replace the batteries without it. Another design boo-boo. And the FGA does not come with a 3mm wrench.

The rear push button light switch seems kinds clunky and not smooth at all. It works but it just feels cheap.

Overall I guess I'm a little disappointed. Partially because of CA's long time in fulfilling the order and partially because of some design flaws and poor quality. Had I seen one up close before buying I would have passed. I have some other CA stuff that I like but the FGA needs some work yet.

stumo
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 3:33:19 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It's nice that you can store spare batteries in the vertical front grip but you best store a cut down 3mm allen wrench in there too as you won't be able to get the light out of the mount to replace the batteries without it. Another design boo-boo. And the FGA does not come with a 3mm wrench.

I don't have a 6P, but can't you just remove the lamp and replace the batteries from the front? Works that way on the G2, though it's true that you then have 2 things (lamp and bezel) to keep track/hold of while you swap the batteries.
Link Posted: 1/22/2008 6:06:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Yes, that'll work I just prefer taking the tailcap off to avoid fumbling with the lamp and bezel and the possibilty of getting debris on/in them.

stumo
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:43:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Finally received my FGA from Command Arms. I actually have (2) now as I ordered one from TheTic00 too as I had no idea when I'd get the one from CA and TheTic00 had one in stock.

Gotta say I am kinda let down by the thing. It's supposed to be for a 1" diameter light but it's sized more like for a 1 1/8" light. My Surefire 6P is pretty sloppy in it. If you crank the retaining barrel down so it secures the light, the screw then protrudes out about 1/2" nad has the potential to snag.  I might cut the screw down. I placed a piece of bicycle tire inner tube over the flashlight barrel and that helps but you really shouldn't have to do that on a properly engineered product.

The rear push button light switch seems kinds clunky and not smooth at all. It works but it just feels cheap.

Overall I guess I'm a little disappointed. Partially because of CA's long time in fulfilling the order and partially because of some design flaws and poor quality. Had I seen one up close before buying I would have passed. I have some other CA stuff that I like but the FGA needs some work yet.

stumo

The FGA was designed to hold flashlights in a RANGE of diameters, not just 1".  The G2 (which I would venture to guess will be what at least half of FGA owners use) is slightly larger in diameter than the 6P, so it had to be accomodate both.  Perhaps that was not the optimum choice for 100% customer satisfaction on CAA's part, but it was an economical one I'm sure, and as such, not an actual flaw in design.

mchasal has already pointed out the battery solution.  Perhaps not "ideal", but certainly better than needing an allen wrench.

What we're left with then is the "button" function.  I wonder if the button might loosen or smoothe out over time?

I will most likely give one of these a try, as I have an extra G2 around the house with an LED upgraded head.  The upgrade made it HUGE compared to the new factory LED ones, so this thing is begging to be mounted on something.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 10:45:52 AM EDT
[#19]
On the one I tested, the switch smoothed out considerably with just a little bit of yes.  It got to where I could snap it quickly in one motion into the locked position.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Very cool. But damn it! Cant you people stop? I'm broke enough as it is!
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Are these available on the EE?  I know CAA says they are not in stock
Link Posted: 1/26/2008 12:57:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Are these available on the EE?  I know CAA says they are not in stock

Check with TheTic00 here in EE, thats where I got mine from
Link Posted: 1/29/2008 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/7/2008 9:30:15 AM EDT
[#24]
There's probably a better place to post this, but... when it comes to replacing batteries in a tactical type flashlight, I always keep the spare batteries taped + to - together to create one "long battery" (using a thin packing tape, or even scotch tape wrapped around the middle works best). It's much easier to replace and when you're pulling it out of a storage tube it's much easier too. Not to mention you've only got one item to find the nipple on and place in the compartment. (not that finding two nipples is all that bad)

On another note; CAA, was the reason for the treaded inserts not being installed due to getting them at the last minute and trying to get the orders out? Just curious.
I've got a lot of people here looking into getting one. Let me know if you're in the GSA system and maybe I can get our unit to order a buttload of them for all out 4s
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#25]
Sorry for the long response time on the missing FGA parts kit, most of us here at Command Arms have been at the "Shot Show" in Nevada. Unfortunately the brass inserts for the piece of rail the customer mounts are not an "off the shelf" item and have to be machined specially to fit into the mounting holes. We have now found a reputable company to modify the inserts and in a short amount of time we'll be shipping all the necessary hardware with each and every FGA. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has created, although not being able to mount the rail right away may be disappointing, please look at the whole package and realize how highly innovated and affordable the FGA is.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2008 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Click here to view the FGA Page with a 3D Animation
The page cannot be displayed
Link Posted: 2/11/2008 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/16/2008 5:12:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Ordered one from The Tic00, can't wait to try my new G2 in it
Link Posted: 2/17/2008 10:16:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/21/2008 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 6:59:22 AM EDT
[#31]
I would assume a Surefire 6pLED would work in this mount, right?
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#32]
I just bought one recently and really like it.  It mounts solid and seems sturdy.

I had to put some electrical tape in two locations around my G2 but now it fits very tightly.

Definitely a lot cheaper than a similar Surefire.  
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 8:05:16 AM EDT
[#33]
What is the length of the flashlight you have in there?  Is that the one Tic mentioned in his EE post?  I was curious as to how it performed compared to my SF 6P.

Link Posted: 2/26/2008 8:19:26 AM EDT
[#34]
it is a Surefire G2.
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 1:37:12 PM EDT
[#36]
TheTic, I tried to PM & e-mail you today.
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 5:23:17 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
looks like a G2 with a different head on it.  I wont be carring the surefire G2 anymore.  I found a light I like better, its brighter, and cheaper.  Its made by T.O.P. its their stryker light and I should have them soon for 26 or 27 $

It is.  I put a shock absorbing bezel on it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2008 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 5:33:04 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
looks like a G2 with a different head on it.  I wont be carring the surefire G2 anymore.  I found a light I like better, its brighter, and cheaper.  Its made by T.O.P. its their stryker light and I should have them soon for 26 or 27 $

Got my FGA in from Tic00 a couple of days ago and finally got time to mount it, really pleased.  As stated before the screw that tightens the ring that holds the light is a little too long, but I much rather it be too long than a little short and trimming a screw if it bugs anyone shouldn't be a problem for anyone here.

Tic00, are you going to post more about these lights?  Are they L.E.D.  or what?  Battery life?  I may be interested in a couple.

Rob
Link Posted: 2/28/2008 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 6:52:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

The FGA was designed to hold flashlights in a RANGE of diameters, not just 1".  The G2 (which I would venture to guess will be what at least half of FGA owners use) is slightly larger in diameter than the 6P, so it had to be accomodate both. .

Mine measures 1.035", FWIW.  Too big to fit in the mount that I had laying around

Am glad to finally find something that will fit my spare G2.
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 9:04:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Got mine from Tic today - very quick service.

Quick question on the grip - I got my Surefire in there (6P LED) securely, and the light comes on when the button is pressed, but I cannot get it to "lock" on like the video shows - even when the light is out of the mount. The back button will not stay depressed.  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/2/2008 7:26:52 PM EDT
[#44]
To lock it, depress the button and push up. Mine was a little hard to push up at first.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 1:42:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Does your button slide into the grip when you push up?

Mine won't depress - no matter how hard I push - even with both hands - the button never gets to the point where it slides up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 3:16:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Make sure you dont have the lockout pushed on to keep the button from being accidentally depressed. It is the metal button just below the two allen bolts for the rail.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 4:30:42 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Mine won't depress - no matter how hard I push - even with both hands - the button never gets to the point where it slides up.

Perhaps the flashlight is installed a bit too deeply in the mount? Try loosening the screw and move the light out a bit.
Link Posted: 3/3/2008 5:17:34 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Perhaps the flashlight is installed a bit too deeply in the mount? Try loosening the screw and move the light out a bit.

It can't be pushed in, even w/o the light in at all.  I have confirmed the lockout button is disengaged as well...

Thanks for the ideas though.
Link Posted: 3/12/2008 8:11:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quick update - the unit was just very stiff - after spending an evening sitting with the grip on the couch it loosened up nicely and now works very well.  Overall I am very pleased with it, and the "feel" is great.

here it is mounted...

Link Posted: 3/13/2008 6:33:35 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » New AR Products
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top