BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Love mine. Be even better once my can clears.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Love mine. Be even better once my can clears.
http://i1075.photobucket.com/albums/w424/cfaulkner0006/IMAG0483.jpg
View Quote

Very nice rifle

can I ask a question about your stock? What was the process and time line? I ordered mine last Sunday and received an acknowledgement but no other comms. Did it just show up one day or did you get any indication on when it shipped.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:26:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Mine was ordered from the ammo source. I got shipping notification and tracking once they sent it. It hung out in New York at customs for about 20 days before heading to me. The brokerage fee was paid by check at time of delivery. My stock and a lot of peoples show up in three different shades and not looking too sharp. Cerakoting the stock, then microslicking the rails and bolt carrier really cleans things up.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:01:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Could we get a function/ reliability report on the short tube set ups? The NEA Compact Carbine Stock set up is very nice. I am interested in the function with 300 and 5.56. "NOT 22LR". Thanks
View Quote

Mine works perfectly on my 10.3 300 BLK SBR. I haven't tried it with 5.56, but I don't forsee any problems.

Ignore the scribbly thing in the pic, it's a prototype device I don't really want to show here yet. Also ignore the multicolored aspect of the gun, cerakoting it next week.  I'm shopping for a shorter barrel & rail, but Rainier & Noveske 8 inch barrels are hard
to find right now. Going to put that rail on a 5.56 10.5 on a standard receiver.
</a>" />

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Mine was ordered from the ammo source. I got shipping notification and tracking once they sent it. It hung out in New York at customs for about 20 days before heading to me. The brokerage fee was paid by check at time of delivery. My stock and a lot of peoples show up in three different shades and not looking too sharp. Cerakoting the stock, then microslicking the rails and bolt carrier really cleans things up.
View Quote

Ok thanks for taking the time to explain. I definititly will be cerakoting parts of the stock to match my lower/ upper. How long was the total process from order to receipt?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:22:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Ordered January 4th. In my hands january 30th. So not too bad.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 9:51:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Ordered January 4th. In my hands january 30th. So not too bad.
View Quote

thanks bro. So how are you liking it?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 1:37:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Brokerage fee?

Mine just showed up in my mailbox one day....? What brokerage fee?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 6:19:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Brokerage fee?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brokerage fee?

You are technically importing the item so us customs charges a brokerage fee. If you haven't paid it yet one day you'll get a non descript Bill from ups in a brown envelope. My buddy ordered one after me and thought he didn't have to pay the fee and got the bill last week.

For the bomber I love it. It takes some tinkering, and I did gave to ream my gas port for reliable use, but it runs great now.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 7:48:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You are technically importing the item so us customs charges a brokerage fee. If you haven't paid it yet one day you'll get a non descript Bill from ups in a brown envelope. My buddy ordered one after me and thought he didn't have to pay the fee and got the bill last week.

For the bomber I love it. It takes some tinkering, and I did gave to ream my gas port for reliable use, but it runs great now.
View Quote

I guess I'll find out soon enough then
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:22:28 AM EDT
[#11]
How much is the fee?
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 11:16:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How much is the fee?
View Quote

I stated on page 3 it's somewhere around $40 cod at time of delivery... write a check or you don't get it. Also, if paying with a CCard, expect a charge for ordering out of country. On top of the price of the stock, it adds up
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know what hand-guard the actual AAC Honey Badger uses? I can't find anything on it, so I'm guessing it's some proprietary BS.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know what hand-guard the actual AAC Honey Badger uses? I can't find anything on it, so I'm guessing it's some proprietary BS.
View Quote

Proprietary, to match up with the proprietary upper receiver.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 12:47:59 PM EDT
[#15]
That's what I figured. The closest one I have found to it is the JP Modular M Series...
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

This ought to knock your collective socks off.  :D

Something I have been working on.  Its still a prototype so no plans to make it  ...... yet.  But sometime in the future I'd like to produce it for sale.  Yes, the stock can be folded and unfolded with the mag in place and all the controls can be manipulated with the stock folded.  

http://members.shaw.ca/cronhelm/Images/AR%20Underfolder%20006.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/cronhelm/Images/AR%20Underfolder%20008.jpg
View Quote

This is awesome!   I have a new goal for my build!

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 2:02:23 PM EDT
[#17]
This project is a slow process. I received my Aero Precision COP today. Looks to be a good choice. I was able to get it for 10% off with free shipping.

Ammo Source is not my favorite supplier in the world by any means. Wish they were a little more forth coming.

I was going to order a barrel from Aero and as soon as I got the funds.....out of stock .

Any suggestions for a 7.5 or 8" 556 barrel?:
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 10:40:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/9/2014 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We've got some left over from a production run that just came back from nitriding.  They have had the extensions re-torqued already but the gas ports haven't been drilled yet.
You can read some info about our match grade barrels here: http://micromoa.com/?page_id=996

'Most' people running 7.5's aren't running them suppressed so I'm planning on selling them WITH our parkerized non-adjustable gas blocks (which are NOT listed on our site and make in house for other manufacturer's) for $180.

As mentioned at this link: http://micromoa.com/?page_id=855, it is not so simple to say X length barrel, X length gas system and caliber should use X size port.  Variances in the rifling and bore diameter will affect the required port size.  
That said, these barrels will have optimized ports  for running a standard spring and H2 buffer w/ brass cased .223 pressure ammo.
I've also got an NEA CCS stock inbound and I plan on making the ports small enough to run that stock/buffer system optimally.  

I know the port sizes required for a lot of different barrels out there and these blanks consistently use port sizes smaller than what is typically seen out there.

Contact me offline if you are interested.  http://micromoa.com

http://micromoa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/7_5-556.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any suggestions for a 7.5 or 8" 556 barrel?:

We've got some left over from a production run that just came back from nitriding.  They have had the extensions re-torqued already but the gas ports haven't been drilled yet.
You can read some info about our match grade barrels here: http://micromoa.com/?page_id=996

'Most' people running 7.5's aren't running them suppressed so I'm planning on selling them WITH our parkerized non-adjustable gas blocks (which are NOT listed on our site and make in house for other manufacturer's) for $180.

As mentioned at this link: http://micromoa.com/?page_id=855, it is not so simple to say X length barrel, X length gas system and caliber should use X size port.  Variances in the rifling and bore diameter will affect the required port size.  
That said, these barrels will have optimized ports  for running a standard spring and H2 buffer w/ brass cased .223 pressure ammo.
I've also got an NEA CCS stock inbound and I plan on making the ports small enough to run that stock/buffer system optimally.  

I know the port sizes required for a lot of different barrels out there and these blanks consistently use port sizes smaller than what is typically seen out there.

Contact me offline if you are interested.  http://micromoa.com

http://micromoa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/7_5-556.jpg

I wish I would have read this a few days ago. Thanks for posting for future reference and I hope others looking can take advantage.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:05:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:17:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks!

Got my NEA stock in today.

Old SWR Trident and Old Gemtech 3 lug FH.  Both work fine for 300BLK.
RDIAS inside as well.

http://micromoa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/MicroMOA-NEA2-300BLK-1024x462.jpg

http://micromoa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/MicroMOA-NEA1-300BLK-1024x407.jpg

I'm using an MGI Modular lower.  I plan on modifying a full auto carrier for the NEA stock to function with the AK mags/drums.

http://micromoa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/MicroMOA-NEA-762_39-1024x543.jpg

View Quote

Very very nice. Makes me wish I still had my 07/02. Have you had a chance to get any rounds through it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:55:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 7:20:38 AM EDT
[#23]
ADC Italy 300 AAC Blackout

https://www.facebook.com/cristian.dallera.1
Link Posted: 5/28/2014 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#24]
If only that goddamit lower could show up.

I want to finish my build! Now!
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 3:47:09 PM EDT
[#25]
How do you break apart the upper from the lower with the longer BCG?

Any one know when these will be back in stock? Or have one they want to part with?
Link Posted: 5/31/2014 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Based on past experience with a pistol buffer assembly that allowed the buffer spring to extend forward inside the aft section of the bolt carrier:

Remove mag
Clear chamber
Pop both the takedown pin and the pivot pin
Slide the upper forward then lift it off of the lower
Link Posted: 6/1/2014 12:35:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Based on past experience with a pistol buffer assembly that allowed the buffer spring to extend forward inside the aft section of the bolt carrier:

Remove mag
Clear chamber
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remove mag
Clear chamber

Yup, this is the only way to break it down. A bit of a faff to take apart and re-assemble, but not too too bad. At least it doesn't require 3 hands
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 2:20:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Just canceled my order for the CCS stock from SFRC in Canada and got one from Engage Armament in MD, a little cheaper too.
Link Posted: 6/3/2014 7:55:29 PM EDT
[#29]
my SDN-6 finally came home a couple of weekends ago

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 9:58:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Here is mine. Waiting on NEA ccs stock
First Coast Firearms billet lower
Geissele S3G trigger
MFT minimalist stock(waiting for NEA CCS to clear customs)
Magpul Moe grip
Spikes buffer with a proprietary spring
Seekins 12" MCSR v2 rail
Troy buis
Aimpoint optic
Custom barrel(manufacturer wishes to withhold length and twist for now)
Ranier Arms NiB bcg
30 cal suppressor
Stabilized 220gr subs with no issue at 1000 fps avg on 5 5rd groups while maintaining sub moa.

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 7:27:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Progress is slow, but there is progress.

Honey Badger in the making.

HERA Lower (Made in Germany)

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 8:21:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/20/2014 12:13:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

How do you fit 300BLK into those mags?
View All Quotes

Longways.

Link Posted: 6/23/2014 5:50:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How do you fit 300BLK into those mags?
View Quote

I am fully aware that is a 9 mm. Just looked so nice!
Link Posted: 6/25/2014 11:30:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Just changed it up a bit. Gave up two inches in length, now it's 30" but went with a Bravo Co Kmr rail versus the seekins and using the gemtech tundra 9mm suppressor. It's quieter than the mag tactical cerebrus and the rail outside diameter is SOOOOOO much better than the large Seekins MCSR v2.

Link Posted: 6/25/2014 11:50:31 PM EDT
[#37]
What are the benefits, if any, to using a .30 cal rifle suppressor (SDN-6, etc.) over a 9mm pistol suppressor and vice versa?
Link Posted: 6/26/2014 1:04:01 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What are the benefits, if any, to using a .30 cal rifle suppressor (SDN-6, etc.) over a 9mm pistol suppressor and vice versa?
View Quote

Most 9mm cans won't handle supers if you ever shoot them. Most rifle cans will also never even start to wear out shooting only .300, whereas a 9mm can may not have the same service life.
Link Posted: 6/27/2014 8:31:58 AM EDT
[#39]
9mm cans are ultra light weight. Above mentions service life issues but I run a 12" with a 9mm can as my competition rifle. Well over 5k round count with little to know degradation of the baffle. It was the most economical choice for first can. Satisfies both pistol and rifle needs.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 7:53:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Stamp finally came back...

Honey Bee Complete....el cheapo upper will eventually be replaced with something better but my funds really went into the stamp and the stock.

(p.s. not the best photo).

Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Stamp finally came back...

Honey Bee Complete....el cheapo upper will eventually be replaced with something better but my funds really went into the stamp and the stock.

(p.s. not the best photo).

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/final4-1.jpg~original
View Quote

She's beautiful!
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 4:08:15 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Progress is slow, but there is progress.

Honey Badger in the making.

HERA Lower (Made in Germany)

http://ladda-upp.se/files/2014/b106466.jpg

http://ladda-upp.se/files/2014/b106467.jpg
View Quote

What upper receiver is that? Those slant cuts at the rear look pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Hey brother,

Sorry to hit ya up on one of your older posts, but what kind of rail/handguard you have there? Specs: Length, Inside Diameter? I know I've seen it before but I can't figure it out.

Really dig the build!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Sorry to bring back this thread, but i recently got mine from ebay, from bravotac, got here within a week,
Im new to SBR's, and i need some advise/details

Basically just need the OAL fully extended, with a 7.5 inch barrel with that NEA CCS Stock,

And details, well what other calibers have been tested on it, ive so far used 5.56 and 5.45

thanks in advance, im new to this site too sry if im i sound like a greenhorn
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:52:33 AM EDT
[#45]
Ahhh...wut?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 8:32:11 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Sorry to bring back this thread, but i recently got mine from ebay, from bravotac, got here within a week,

Basically just need the OAL fully extended, with a 7.5 inch barrel with that NEA CCS Stock,

And details, well what other calibers have been tested on it, ive so far used 5.56 and 5.45

View Quote

With the stock extended i think it's right at 26" but i'll check tonight...Assuming you have filed your paperwork and have you stamp back also but not really sure i understand your other questions...are you swapping uppers to change caliber? I have a 5.56 and a 300BO upper for mine. There is an entire SBR subforum here for questions:

SBR FORUM

I would assume the custom carrier with the nea stock will work with any caliber that can use a bolt that will fit into a standard carrier and utilize the shortened spring, if that makes sense? I would have no idea about calibers such as 9mm, 6.8, 6.5 etc but i know there has been some speculation on what will and won't work.

p.s. Range Day!

Link Posted: 8/25/2014 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

With the stock extended i think it's right at 26" but i'll check tonight...Assuming you have filed your paperwork and have you stamp back also but not really sure i understand your other questions...are you swapping uppers to change caliber? I have a 5.56 and a 300BO upper for mine. There is an entire SBR subforum here for questions:

SBR FORUM

I would assume the custom carrier with the nea stock will work with any caliber that can use a bolt that will fit into a standard carrier and utilize the shortened spring, if that makes sense? I would have no idea about calibers such as 9mm, 6.8, 6.5 etc but i know there has been some speculation on what will and won't work.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SBR FORUM

9mm?  Not without some custom machine work, and then it would be iffy at best.

6.8 or 6.5?  My guess is that either one would require some adjustment of the size of the gas port on the barrel, but would probably work.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

6.8 or 6.5?  My guess is that either one would require some adjustment of the size of the gas port on the barrel, but would probably work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SBR FORUM

That was my thought also i just know i saw somewhere a guy was contemplating getting one for his 9mm build...it may have been in the SBR forum or in the pistol cal variants or some other website. He had even planned out the mods he would have to do but i think it just ended up being too much of a hassle.

Like i said I can confirm it works with 5.56 and 300BO that's it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#49]

p.s. Range Day!

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m140/Aeneas2020/3-10.jpg~original

p.s. Range Day!

View Quote

Thanks, well im working on my stamp at the moment, filling out the eform but i got stumped, never actually thought to measure from the bolt face to the crown, so please if you have that measurement with a 7.5" Barrel, please provide it so that i can get a measurement in there

i was wondering what other calibers have been succesfully tested, from what i can see right now 5.56/5.45/6.8,  pistol calibers don't really catch my attention
im hoping that list grows bigger, so that i can have multiple set ups, of course my letter to the atf will clearly state my tempory alterations (while still keeping the original configuration)

oddly enough, my stock only has 2 notches, instead of the multiple ones yours has, not sure why that is, looks great btw,  cant reply to you directly, due to limit on characters since im new here
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Thanks, well im working on my stamp at the moment, filling out the eform but i got stumped, never actually thought to measure from the bolt face to the crown, so please if you have that measurement with a 7.5" Barrel, please provide it so that i can get a measurement in there

i was wondering what other calibers have been succesfully tested, from what i can see right now 5.56/5.45/6.8,  pistol calibers don't really catch my attention
im hoping that list grows bigger, so that i can have multiple set ups, of course my letter to the atf will clearly state my tempory alterations (while still keeping the original configuration)

oddly enough, my stock only has 2 notches, instead of the multiple ones yours has, not sure why that is, looks great btw,  cant reply to you directly, due to limit on characters since im new here
View All Quotes
Quoted:

p.s. Range Day!

p.s. Range Day!

With stock fully extended to the tip of the muzzle device is 26" exactly and around 23" fully extend to the tip of the barrel sans brake....I may also have an earlier version of the stock. I didn't pay anywhere near as much as they are going for these days guess i got lucky!
Page / 9
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top