User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/25/2013 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is NEA selling these stocks?  I can't find one...
View Quote

looks to be sold out at the moment

http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14_288_289&products_id=2177
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 11:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I think you had to have gotten in on the presale, I did and they ship out in 2 weeks :)
Link Posted: 11/27/2013 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think you had to have gotten in on the presale, I did and they ship out in 2 weeks :)
View Quote

Are they going to make more?
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 4:38:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I ordered my stock when there was none available, then "all of a sudden" (a few months...) it appeared in stock and was billed and shipped.
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone have any experience with faster twists on shorter barrels? Like 1in5" on 5-7" barrels?
Link Posted: 11/29/2013 10:22:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I ordered my stock when there was none available, then "all of a sudden" (a few months...) it appeared in stock and was billed and shipped.
View Quote

They are back in stock, i ordered one today just FYI
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 12:29:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered mine when it was presage, then it went out of stock, now its up for sale again... They had reported they would be shipping in November, haven't had any emails from them since the order. I'm curious when they'll actually ship.

ETA- I had the 6" barrel made, the fellow explained in great detail why the 1:8 was better and why he used those blanks over the 1:7. To shorten the explanation slightly he said the 1:8 was stable enough for silencer use, but all the hunting threads where people don't understand why they don't have any massive wounds it's just a through and through as if shooting FMJ. Besides the fact that most ammunition doesn't expand at subsonic velocity he said the 1:7 caused the bullets to be too stable, and the original idea behind 300 whisper was to have a bullet that tumbled on impact. The 1:7 stopped the tumble from taking place where the 1:8 would allow it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I ordered mine when it was presage, then it went out of stock, now its up for sale again... They had reported they would be shipping in November, haven't had any emails from them since the order. I'm curious when they'll actually ship.

ETA- I had the 6" barrel made, the fellow explained in great detail why the 1:8 was better and why he used those blanks over the 1:7. To shorten the explanation slightly he said the 1:8 was stable enough for silencer use, but all the hunting threads where people don't understand why they don't have any massive wounds it's just a through and through as if shooting FMJ. Besides the fact that most ammunition doesn't expand at subsonic velocity he said the 1:7 caused the bullets to be too stable, and the original idea behind 300 whisper was to have a bullet that tumbled on impact. The 1:7 stopped the tumble from taking place where the 1:8 would allow it.
View Quote

While that sounds good in theory, it only makes sense if one is using non-expanding subsonic rounds, and in which case, the 1x8 might allow the heavier subs to tumble, causing a greater wound channel rather than poking a hole.

But if your shooting expanding subs (usually expensive, exotic, etc.), you do not want them to tumble, as it will likely not allow the bullet to expand as designed, hence shooting 220gr, 240gr and up expanding subs with a 1x7.  Stability is key in that scenario as it will keep the bullet driving forward as intended, thereby allowing it to expand properly.

that's my take on it and it worth what you paid for it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 8:29:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Have you tried emailing them to ask when they will ship? Just curious as i just placed my order when it was in stock and at check out it said estimated delivering of 12/5/13...I hope that's the case
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Have you tried emailing them to ask when they will ship? Just curious as i just placed my order when it was in stock and at check out it said estimated delivering of 12/5/13...I hope that's the case
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My order said ETA of 12-9-13  we shall see
Link Posted: 11/30/2013 11:30:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Calling again for which BARREL TWIST I should order?

Sources close to the real "Project" hint me that they're running 1:5.

I will be shooting both subs and supersonic, but I guess more subs than other.
View Quote

1:7. You've had your answer a few times. 1:7 is plenty fast enough to keep the bully 7.62 bullet stable at impressive distances, especially with the faster burning .300blk powders - even with the shorter barrels.

Im on page two, gonna catch up.  I love the Honey Badger, it's just sexy.

Welcome to 'Merica and say hi to the NSA.  

Eta: I see this is older than I noticed at first.

That lower looks slick. It looks like you are going the surpressed route, what all does that entail for you?

1:8 isn't bad, I happen to be a 1:7 guy. I believe all my .30 rifles and AR pistol are all 1:7 so it could be bias.

I'm liking what I see here and I think 2014s shopping list might have just changed a bit.
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 12:38:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Did any of you ask about buying additional bolt carriers for the new stock?
Link Posted: 12/1/2013 2:24:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Something I'm concerned about is the buffer weight, I can only do so much with an adjustable gas block, I'm afraid they may be running a carbine buffer weight added onto the bolt where a weight relative to H2 would be more appropriate, however I see a lot of 7.5 5.56 running that stock and haven't been able to find any complaints.
Link Posted: 12/3/2013 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm thinking i probably won't get my sotck 12/5 seeing as it's now 12/3 and they still haven't billed my card. Like someone else said i will probably find in a few months the card has been billed and then it shows up :). Would be helpful to know though. If i haven't heard anything by january i will drop them an email asking.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 10:33:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Work underway.

Link Posted: 12/8/2013 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

very nice

jp makes some great stuff
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 1:27:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Something I'm concerned about is the buffer weight, I can only do so much with an adjustable gas block, I'm afraid they may be running a carbine buffer weight added onto the bolt where a weight relative to H2 would be more appropriate, however I see a lot of 7.5 5.56 running that stock and haven't been able to find any complaints.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like any other buffer if nothing else knock the pin out of it and scavenge the weights from an h2 or 3 buffer.
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 2:00:42 PM EDT
[#18]
work so far

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:06:41 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have not needed to add weight to the BCG for these short stocks to run properly.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Just picked up the upper. It really is short and handy. Very happy now.

Looking forward to putting all the things together, but still missing some parts.

The barrel looks really nice and high quality, fat and black one. German quality  

Thinking it was the right way to go for 7,5" instead of 6".
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:05:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Got an email from them today, my order changed from received to processing or some crap like that, makes me think they're about to ship.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:53:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got an email from them today, my order changed from received to processing or some crap like that, makes me think they're about to ship.
View Quote

I got an email from them last week saying that they would probably have some more stocks in 4-6 weeks which would be when i could expect mine. Hopefully its sooner rather than later
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#24]
I got an email this AM, they just got a batch in and should ship Friday
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:44:38 PM EDT
[#25]
order shipped!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Getting there...and I OWN the page.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:55:07 AM EDT
[#27]
Out

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
order shipped!
View Quote

Mine shipped too, tracking says it will be in my hands 12-19
We shall see
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:15:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Naked

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:19:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Honey Badger

Must see video

http://youtu.be/4r7wHMg5Yjg
The Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger (original narration by Randall)

Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:26:16 AM EDT
[#31]

What's with the counterfeit bill?    
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 11:49:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Got mine to the range, wasn't too impressed with it shooting through the can it was still pretty loud not sure what that was all about. I think I'm going to maxize the reduction in length and just run a kx3 on it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 12:23:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Honey Badger

Must see video

http://youtu.be/4r7wHMg5Yjg
The Crazy Nastyass Honey Badger (original narration by Randall)

http://forumbilder.se/CGE5K/300-naked-small-1.JPG

View Quote

Any particular reason why you used such a large gb?

No offense, just thought you might shave some unnecessary weight off your sbr.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 8:35:04 PM EDT
[#34]
my stock is evidently stuck in some kind of border purgatory between the US and Canada. It is showing as in transit both Canada post and US post service say it was supposed to be delivered today (via website). However the canadian site is saying it has left canada (and indeed did so several days ago). The US site is saying it's still there. At this point i'm beginning to think my stock ran off to the bahamas for christmas. Ah well i'm sure it will get here at some point.
Link Posted: 12/17/2013 10:49:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Mine was like that too for a few days, but now mine says its in MD and will be delivered tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 1:03:11 AM EDT
[#36]
reminds me of a tom hanks movie
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 1:34:00 AM EDT
[#37]
MO244, were you using subs or supers when you ran your gun with a can?
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:09:58 AM EDT
[#38]
For all you guys here in the US that bought the NEA stock from theammosource.com, did you guys get charged any import duties/tax?  I am thinking of getting a 300blk barrel from them and don't know if the hassle of dealing with import taxes would be worth it rather than getting a Rainier or something here....
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:51:25 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Counterfeit?  It's my one and only, and you're saying it's fake?

Quoted:

None taken.

Don't know what "GB" stands for, but I guess you mean the barrell?

I went with a high quality Lothar Walther barrel. I figured I wanted something that could take a lot of heat.

Something that short, the Ø isn't going to affect the weight that much. I much rather have the performance, than shave off a few grams.

If it's too heavy, I could always go to the gym and I'm not going to carry thing thing around much.

It's either going to be at the range (the more the merrier) or in the safe.

mu-Ø: 23,37 mm [0.92"]

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 2:53:24 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Got mine to the range, wasn't too impressed with it shooting through the can it was still pretty loud not sure what that was all about.
View Quote

Please tell me you ran supers through it...

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 8:55:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Tis what I get for juggling magazines... I had a small handful of 220 remingotn subtonics in one mag, at least I thought I did, and the other was 125 OTM supers.

I may give it one last try, I was shooting an SDN-6 IMO AAC cans are military reduction grade aimed at longevity and slower heat build up; rather than a civilian oriented can, AAC lacks the numerous baffles and volume to aid in reduction that some companies have i.e liberty.

With that said, I have no idea what a real HB silencer is made of, I just know it doesn't appear to be a QD can and it seems to have a larger diameter (more volume) than any of AACs production cans.

I wish I had video of it, in person it was nothing like the HB videos i've seen, could have all been supersonic though.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 8:58:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Having been around some suppressed .300's with SDN-6's, the loudest thing when shooting subs is the bullet hitting the berm/target.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 10:08:25 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Got mine to the range, wasn't too impressed with it shooting through the can it was still pretty loud not sure what that was all about. I think I'm going to maxize the reduction in length and just run a kx3 on it.
View Quote

The shorter the brl the lowder it will be with/without the can. The muzzle pressures are up there on the short brls & the can will have a hard time dealing with it. There are ways to help with this if you reload.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 10:21:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I wish I had video of it, in person it was nothing like the HB videos i've seen, could have all been supersonic though.
View Quote

Well, the sound of a rifle shot doesn't transfer very good from something like an iPhone via YouTube anyway.

Which means that if hearing the HB via YouTube is probably not what it sounds in reality either.

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 11:06:56 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
For all you guys here in the US that bought the NEA stock from theammosource.com, did you guys get charged any import duties/tax?  I am thinking of getting a 300blk barrel from them and don't know if the hassle of dealing with import taxes would be worth it rather than getting a Rainier or something here....
View Quote

I'll be able to tell you later today, mine is on the truck for delivery today
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

None taken.

I went with a high quality Lothar Walther barrel. I figured I wanted something that could take a lot of heat.

Something that short, the Ø isn't going to affect the weight that much. I much rather have the performance, than shave off a few grams.

If it's too heavy, I could always go to the gym and I'm not going to carry thing thing around much.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

None taken.

GB is gas block.

Just thought a low-pro would shave a couple/few ounces from the look of it.

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:19:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
GB is gas block.

Just thought a low-pro would shave a couple/few ounces from the look of it.

View Quote

Makes sense...

I wanted an adjustable GB. The rifle worked fine when we first shot her, but we decided to open up the port to have more gas to play with.

The GB is JP Alu gas block mini .936

http://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPGS-8

** Low profile, rail-free design allows installation under hand guards.

** Weight: 2.7 oz or 76.5 grams.
Link Posted: 12/18/2013 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#48]

Besides a Glock 34 barrel. Plus 300 BLK sub and super. And a nine.

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, I was charged a COD as well... to the tune of $40 some dollars and if you paid with a C.Card, expect a fee for purchasing out of country. the stock was expensive to say the least
if I could do it again, I would opt for the LWRC Ultra Compact stock for sub $150. it's way more comfortable when shouldering or shooting the rifle and it gives you more eye relief, but it is not as compact... meh...

Link Posted: 12/18/2013 6:36:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Yea like forty some dollars I was like woah your not taking this thing away wrote a check.

It is installed and looks beastly, end of the barrel is just passed a 7" hand guard.
Page / 9
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top