Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:30:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
rotaryeye:
   They are Centurion Arms CMR Accessory Pack B - Olive Drab purchased from Rainier Arms  https://www.rainierarms.com/centurion-arms-cmr-accessory-pack-b-od-green
I purchased from them because I couldn't find them in OD green anywhere else. Not even on the Centurion arms web page.

What I did was to purchase the T-MOD Long Accessory Mount Slides from Alex Pro Firearms website. (I also purchased the front cap) Each slide section has four #10X32 taped holes. Then I cut the mount slides into four separate single hole peaces.
At this point I now had four small single hole slides from each slide. I did this because the hole pattern in the mount slides don't mach the  hole pattern on the hand cover panels. I then was able to insert the individual single hole mount slides into the T-slot located inside the rail to make a direct mount to the rail without having to use picatinny rails. I used #10X32X3/8 hardened black button head screws to attach the panels. It Worked out very well. Along the top sight rail I use LaRue index clips.
View Quote

Thanks man, that helps a lot. I haven't had experience with those panels. Do they add a lot girth to the handguard?
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 12:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I looked them up on Google Maps. The two faculties are next-door to each other. I'm positive that Alexandria Pro Fab is the machine shop that produces the components and Alex Pro Firearms is the FFL dealer that contracts them to manufacture there component designs.
View Quote

If I remember correctly, it is father and son relationship. Alex Pro Firearms says the AIM's uppers/lowers are not theirs probably to clear the warranty/service responsibility which is fine. I don't think APF is a registered trade mark by either one! When AIM started to sell, the picture of the lower actually showed "APF" marking.
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
rotaryeye: No they don't add an undo amount of girth. They are very thin, a small 1/8" in thickness. That is why I mounted them directly to the hand guard without pic. rails. In doing it this way it only adds a small 1/4" in overall size .
Link Posted: 11/6/2016 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#4]
HankC: That explains a lot.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Read/skimmed through the thread and didn't see so asking.  Anyone know if these uppers will fit and function on the Aero M5 lowers?
Link Posted: 11/20/2016 8:30:02 PM EDT
[#6]
All I can say is.....GET THIS UPPER!!!! APF complete lower with a Rise Armament RA140 trigger (3# pull) and the 18" upper shot a 9 shot group of South African R1M1 that measured 1.72" CTC at 100 yds, 6 shots with reloaded 168 match bullets measured 1.25" CTC horizontal string with 0.5" CTC vertical. I only had sandbags on the front, nothing on the buttstock, not the most stable rest That probably accounted for the horizontal stringing.
Link Posted: 11/26/2016 9:56:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Still curious...has anyone tried one of these uppers on an Aero Precision M5 lower?
Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's my build from back in May. It's ran well so far, only one hiccup after ~200-300 rounds.

I ordered the Alexandria upper and lower from AIM along with a B5 Sopmod Bravo stock and Rise Armament RA-140 FGC.

From Palmetto State Armory I picked up the lower parts kit w/o FCG (p/n 1785) and the PA10 MOE stock kit (p/n 503665). I sold to MOE stock to my wife's uncle and installed the B5.

I eBay-ed a set of anti-drift trigger pins and and detent pins. I also got a set of knockoff Troy Battlesights.

The scope is a Primary Arms 4-14 ACSS. The manufacturer of mount is eluding me at the moment. I think it was ~$60.

Lastly, I lucked upon a used PWS FSC30 in the Equipment Exchange for less than $40, IIRC. Much niceness.

I plan on getting a Harris S-BRM bipod and a couple of the rail sections. I'm gonna get an extended latch handle as well. Once I get some booolits loaded up for it and get to the range, I'll get some pics up.

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Here's my build from back in May. It's ran well so far, only one hiccup after ~200-300 rounds.

I ordered the Alexandria upper and lower from AIM along with a B5 Sopmod Bravo stock and Rise Armament RA-140 FGC.

From Palmetto State Armory I picked up the lower parts kit w/o FCG (p/n 1785) and the PA10 MOE stock kit (p/n 503665). I sold to MOE stock to my wife's uncle and installed the B5.

I eBay-ed a set of anti-drift trigger pins and and detent pins. I also got a set of knockoff Troy Battlesights.

The scope is a Primary Arms 4-14 ACSS. The manufacturer of mount is eluding me at the moment. I think it was ~$60.

Lastly, I lucked upon a used PWS FSC30 in the Equipment Exchange for less than $40, IIRC. Much niceness.

I plan on getting a Harris S-BRM bipod and a couple of the rail sections. I'm gonna get an extended latch handle as well. Once I get some booolits loaded up for it and get to the range, I'll get some pics up.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p114/Etown_RS/Kalish%20Things/DC66DBBB-5CD1-4546-9579-C307031860A3_zpsy3n01wa1.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p114/Etown_RS/DCB1F661-2E8F-455A-BC2E-F66B57C07B4F_zpsicxaxs2s.jpg
View Quote

Whats the weight & total cost? Very nice!

Link Posted: 11/27/2016 11:08:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p114/Etown_RS/Kalish%20Things/DC66DBBB-5CD1-4546-9579-C307031860A3_zpsy3n01wa1.jpg
http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p114/Etown_RS/DCB1F661-2E8F-455A-BC2E-F66B57C07B4F_zpsicxaxs2s.jpg

Thanks.
I think with the optic and irons and all the small pieces, it came in at about $1350. I've never weighed it. I'll do that if I get by my in-laws; we have no scale here.
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I picked up a APF from AIM as well. They were out of stock with the lowers but I found one from a place over in Seattle. Paid a little more for the lower but it wasnt bad.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 9:08:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Dont buy the screws for the t-mod from APF. $1.25 per screw or you can go to Lowes/Home Depot and buy a set of four for the same price as one! The screw is a 8-32 1 inch but they have 1 1/2 inch as well. The hex end ones usually in the pull out drawers.
Link Posted: 11/30/2016 7:01:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Still curious...has anyone tried one of these uppers on an Aero Precision M5 lower?
View Quote

On another forum I heard there were fitment issues. The holes for rear takedown pins were different (upper were smaller) and there was a 1/8" gap at the rear of the receivers.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 10:00:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Built mine a few weeks ago.  Wanted to pass along a couple of things learned the hard way.  Used a 308 kit from PSA for the Alex stripped lower.  Once I started the build I noticed the pins included with the PSA lower lit were too short.  This made me wonder if either I had received AR15 pins in the kit as an error (and doubt the buffer/spring as well) or if PSA uses the same length pins as an AR15.  I ordered DPMS 308 pins from Grafs to finish the bid and took it to the range just to see if it would cycle.  No issues with 7 rounds just shooting into a dirt bank.  Did notice that the gun had quite a bit of slop between the upper and lower which led me back to the pins.  The DPMS pins I had ordered had a bit of a flat bottom to them which allowed a small gap /rattle between the upper and lower.  I ordered the ones from Alex Pro and they were noticeably more rounded.  Swapped them out and much much better fit.  Have a set of weaver rings holding a 5-25 weaver scope.  Have yet to dial it in.  So far I am impressed.  Build was quite a bit of fun.
View Quote

Is this the correct website & parts/pins? 
REAR TAKEDOWN PIN

FRONT PIVOT PIN
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 8:23:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

On another forum I heard there were fitment issues. The holes for rear takedown pins were different (upper were smaller) and there was a 1/8" gap at the rear of the receivers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the insight.  I kinda figured they didn't mesh up but was waiting to get a response instead of ordering one and being SOL.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Any updates on these?  I just purchased one used on the EE and after reading this post, I hope I didn't just inherit somebody's problem though I know that is always a risk buying used...

I have searched and this is the only thread I could find, and also discovered that all the links in this thread no longer work

What are you guys having the best luck with when adding rail sections?  Looks like APF nor Aim have them for sale any longer.

I will try and shoot mine asap and post a report of my findings.  Hell if I am lucky maybe I have time to harvest a nice deer with it if I can get to a proper range to zero.
Link Posted: 1/8/2017 11:49:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any updates on these?  I just purchased one used on the EE and after reading this post, I hope I didn't just inherit somebody's problem though I know that is always a risk buying used...

I have searched and this is the only thread I could find, and also discovered that all the links in this thread no longer work

What are you guys having the best luck with when adding rail sections?  Looks like APF nor Aim have them for sale any longer.

I will try and shoot mine asap and post a report of my findings.  Hell if I am lucky maybe I have time to harvest a nice deer with it if I can get to a proper range to zero.
View Quote

They must have just run out again on AIM because they had rail sections as of yesterday still in stock.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They must have just run out againnon AIM because they had rail sections as of yesterday still in stock.
View Quote

I am a computer retard!!  could you give me a link?  I can't find them on their site.  Thanks
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I am a computer retard!!  could you give me a link?  I can't find them on their site.  Thanks
View Quote

AIMS rail kit
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XPF8440045&name=Alexandria+PRO-FAB+Accessory+Rail+Kit&search=pro+fab
I made it myself with weaver scope rail, I think I use Ruger 22 rails. It is not that hard to make!
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Link above sorry didn't see request.  Make your own.  Easy to do and the ones from aim are $ and heavy.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 5:40:52 PM EDT
[#21]
I'm curious as to if anyone has further experience with these as well. If they're finicky, 2 MOA guns I'll look at other options as a base precision rifle to build-on or adapt my problem-free, 1-2 MOA, 5.56 AR to the role.
Link Posted: 1/18/2017 7:14:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Is this the correct website & parts/pins? 
REAR TAKEDOWN PIN

FRONT PIVOT PIN
View Quote

Anyone? 
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Anyone? 
View Quote

I used these on my APF build, and they work great.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 8:45:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'm curious as to if anyone has further experience with these as well. If they're finicky, 2 MOA guns I'll look at other options as a base precision rifle to build-on or adapt my problem-free, 1-2 MOA, 5.56 AR to the role.
View Quote

I have over 250 problem free rounds through mine.  my 168 Amax hand loads are moa at 100 yards.  I haven't had the opportunity to stretch it more.  They are cheap enough to put together that if you don't like the accuracy you can swap barrels and still be money ahead.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 10:55:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I have over 250 problem free rounds through mine.  my 168 Amax hand loads are moa at 100 yards.  I haven't had the opportunity to stretch it more.  They are cheap enough to put together that if you don't like the accuracy you can swap barrels and still be money ahead.
View Quote

This.

Only negative I found is the handguard has that tuning fork ring to it when bumped.
Link Posted: 1/19/2017 11:28:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This.
Only negative I found is the handguard has that tuning fork ring to it when bumped.
View Quote

The HG / rail is very different than any I have seen, though I admit I have not seen them all.  Yes it does seem to have a ping sound to it if hit with metal, but the way in which rails attach is just about the best I have ever seen IMO
Especially for an old geezer like me.  Very simple and very secure.  I have M lock (I think its called) and one other similar type of rails on different rifles and I must say I like they way these rails attach much better.

Anyway, I plan on celebrating the inauguration tomorrow at the range and this rifle is going on the trip so I will report back soon
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 2:45:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Is the consensus that the PSA Gen 1 lower will not work with this upper without grinding the bolt catch? Thanks y'all.
Link Posted: 2/5/2017 9:00:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I ordered the Alexandria Pro-Fab 20" 308 upper from AIM and the Alex Pro Firearms complete lower a few days ago and just found this thread. I had no idea that they weren't "officially" affiliated. I hope everything goes together without issue.

For anyone that ordered the upper from AIM, did it come with any rail panels? Will MLOK rails fit the handguard? Seems AIM no longer sells the rails.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I ordered the Alexandria Pro-Fab 20" 308 upper from AIM and the Alex Pro Firearms complete lower a few days ago and just found this thread. I had no idea that they weren't "officially" affiliated. I hope everything goes together without issue.

For anyone that ordered the upper from AIM, did it come with any rail panels? Will MLOK rails fit the handguard? Seems AIM no longer sells the rails.
View Quote

I got the 18" version, no rails included.  I don't have any MLOK stuff, but I doubt it will work.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 6:48:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Dang that sucks. Well I ordered an MLOK swivel stud for a bipod so we'll see if I can make it fit.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top