[#1]
space for pictures

photo from the firearm blog
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:33:07 PM EDT
[#2]
ATF Tech division has just went:

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 9:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]
For 150.00 I might get my 16" 9mm a lot shorter.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:52:01 PM EDT
[#4]
At least they are heading in the right direction.... more options not less.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 11:43:12 PM EDT
[#5]
That is kind of awesome.

That said, I've got a form uno pending.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 12:18:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Honestly not that surprising.
We had folding arm braces before, seems it's just a different way of storing the brace
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Sweet
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 1:24:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Any word of how much this will cost
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the pic of the guy shouldering his "pistol".
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:22:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you talking about the guy with the check weld while aiming?
I'm pretty sure that's not his shoulder
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I could use one of those for my 9mm AR pistol
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#12]
The MPX looks good.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess your right. Closer to his check but still against the body, which unless i am wrong, is what BATF says is a no no. Correct me if i am wrong though. I have a shockwave on my 308 pistol  and from what I have read over the years, its to stabilize against the arm. Something change?
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The other SB braces are $259 [ ] so this one is likely priced even stupider high.
They are not even close to being competitive with the Blade that is a solid nice looking brace as well. If they priced them under $100 they could actually sell some and help the shooting community as well.

I find it hard to respect the company. It's a product that was $5 worth of rubber and is really worth $25-$35 if it was anything other than an arm brace but is priced to take advantage of people.  Literally, they are just a simply molded little piece of rubber for $259?

I like the looks of most of them but doubt I would ever like one enough to pay over 5 times as much as the Blade that is priced reasonably and actually helps shooters out ?????

EDIT= THE SITE NOW SAYS $149.99 FOR THE OTHER MODELS AND $249.99 FOR HK MODELS. I GUESS THEY REALIZED THE PRICES WERE TO HIGH AND DROPPED $110 OFF THE PRICE. STILL TO HIGH BUT MUCH LESS RIDICULOUS.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I believe that there is more than a $5 piece of rubber with this, I think it's a full pdw style receiver extension.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Guess your right. Closer to his check but still against the body, which unless i am wrong, is what BATF says is a no no. Correct me if i am wrong though. I have a shockwave on my 308 pistol  and from what I have read over the years, its to stabilize against the arm. Something change?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you buy your brace with the intent to shoulder it?  No? Then use it however you want.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:12:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Did you buy your brace with the intent to shoulder it?  No? Then use it however you want.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

PLEASE let this "controversy" die!!! We are the only ones keeping it alive. Nobody is getting arrested. Nobody is getting charged. The ATF is not setting up stings trying to catch people shouldering their pistol brace at the range. Local LE doesn't know or care what the laws are regarding these items.  WE are the only ones keeping this alive!

Just buy what you like and shoot it however you like. Against your arm, cheek, chest, shoulder, or ball bag. Shoot and enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 2:49:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I believe that there is more than a $5 piece of rubber with this, I think it's a full pdw style receiver extension.
View Quote

what it looks like
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

PLEASE let this "controversy" die!!! We are the only ones keeping it alive. Nobody is getting arrested. Nobody is getting charged. The ATF is not setting up stings trying to catch people shouldering their pistol brace at the range. Local LE doesn't know or care what the laws are regarding these items.  WE are the only ones keeping this alive!

Just buy what you like and shoot it however you like. Against your arm, cheek, chest, shoulder, or ball bag. Shoot and enjoy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

^^^^^^^^^Elvis speaks the "Truth" here^^^^^ Thank you,Thank you very much. FTMFW
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:48:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Sweet
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 5:50:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Is it my eyes or does this PDW brace have a shorter reciever extension? Are standard BCGs kosher?
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Is it my eyes or does this PDW brace have a shorter reciever extension? Are standard BCGs kosher?
View Quote
If I read it right, yes standard bcg works.

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:49:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Excellent...........I can make the 9mm pistol work with this

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The other SB braces are $259 [ ] so this one is likely priced even stupider high.
They are not even close to being competitive with the Blade that is a solid nice looking brace as well. If they priced them under $100 they could actually sell some and help the shooting community as well.

I find it hard to respect the company. It's a product that was $5 worth of rubber and is really worth $25-$35 if it was anything other than an arm brace but is priced to take advantage of people.  Literally, they are just a simply molded little piece of rubber for $259?

I like the looks of most of them but doubt I would ever like one enough to pay over 5 times as much as the Blade that is priced reasonably and actually helps shooters out ?????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the industry though.  Any part comparable to a glock mag in another industry would be 3 bucks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm going to guess no less than $350 and would not be surprised to see a $500 price tag on it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 11:14:06 PM EDT
[#27]
But but but are we sure it's approved? Like really really SURE? Maybe I'll write a letter just to double check...
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#28]
I hadn't really planned on building an Ar pistol.
This could sway my decision though.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#29]
SB website sez 150.00
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:51:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Still can't shoulder it.....looks cool though.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
SB website sez 150.00
View Quote

Not for the adjustable. No price listed.

I'll wait for KAK to come out with one at a reasonable price.

Dave N
Link Posted: 5/24/2016 11:47:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I know the article says "this summer" but does anyone have any idea when these are going to be released?
Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:44:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Dave N
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
SB website sez 150.00

Dave N

I don't think so. Here's the price of the Maxim stock. The difference on the SB version is that it has the rubber brace replace the metal stock. So, it will cost at least the same if not more that the Maxim stock kit.

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#34]
who do you know with a forearm shaped like this? And while I could see the argument the dude in the pic is getting a cheek weld and MAYBE not shouldering, he sure as hell isn't using as intended. Isn't that already a no go legally?

Link Posted: 5/26/2016 10:32:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
who do you know with a forearm shaped like this? And while I could see the argument the dude in the pic is getting a cheek weld and MAYBE not shouldering, he sure as hell isn't using as intended. Isn't that already a no go legally?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/13260012_1185011531517122_4152140806723952796_n.jpg
View Quote

When you find that law let us know.......
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 8:51:38 AM EDT
[#36]
Anybody know if these things are going to be compatible with 9mm bolts?
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 9:29:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Wish these were out now.  Hopefully, the wait won't be too long.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#38]
They look nice.  Great for those guys that can't have SBR's, but still want the look.
Link Posted: 5/27/2016 2:35:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That is kind of awesome.

That said, I've got a form uno pending.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 6:05:14 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They look nice.  Great for those guys that can't have SBR's, but still want the look.
View Quote

And for those who want a PDW that they can carry across state lines with a CCW and no extra logistics/concerns.
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And for those who want a PDW that they can carry across state lines with a CCW and no extra logistics/concerns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exactly why I am interested in one
Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:03:50 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly

Link Posted: 5/28/2016 11:28:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Why do you care?

Buy it, or don't.  Use it, or don't.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:26:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Exactly  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly  

that is why I want one. I can't bring an SBR in AL, SC, or TN with a 5320.20. I can bring a handgun, no questions asked.
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/05/19/breaking-news-sb-tactical-collapsing-brace/

I wonder now if we will get an adjustable shockwave
View Quote

Mine is!:)
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Is that a shoulder brace on a pistol?
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 8:18:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

No!
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 9:01:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

No!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No!

In de facto usage 99.9+% of the time -- yes, all models are.

- OS
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:44:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

If a brace falls against my shoulder in the woods and no one is around. Does the ATF make a sound?
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 7:23:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

If a brace falls against my shoulder in the woods and no one is around. Does the ATF make a sound?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they don't; but, a worry wort has a stroke.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top