User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:31:25 AM EDT
[#1]
The Pics are great.

Reload.

Please do not take offense. But the weapon can be taken off the wall.
Even with U bolts around the entire 2x4 will not matter. All I need to do is get your single jack out of your garage and with a few smacks on the lock it will break or the bolts will break. Or even a faster way and less damaging to the weapon would be to have a cordless sawzall and in less than a minute it would be taken. So if I were you the safe is the best place to keep it unless you are home.

Besides I think you need to show and tell less people your weapons. Advertisement is the best way to get them stolen. All you will be doing is preparing the thief with the information to bring the right tools to do the job. A safe and silence is the best deterrent. A safe will take more tooling and planning to get into or remove from the home. They may look at your simple mounted lock system and feel it can be much easier to defeat than the safe thus making them truly consider an attempt to take it.      
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:41:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:42:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe if you put a lock around the lower too?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
ROFL

Thanks for the laughs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 6:53:16 PM EDT
[#5]
If you encase your gun entirely in cement and bury it 20 feet underground, you're just asking for it to be stolen. All a criminal would have to do is steal a bunker buster and then you'd be responsible for putting another gun on the streets.

Come on guys, I think he has a pretty positive lock on that thing. Any 'defense' can be overcome with the proper time/tools.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:10:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I could have it off with a cordless sawzall in about 30 seconds,but it does make for a quick access mount.the safe is best when you leave.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:40:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I could have it off with a cordless sawzall in about 30 seconds,but it does make for a quick access mount.the safe is best when you leave.

Why go through all that trouble?  Nobody noticed?  All you need to open that lock is a handcuff key!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I haven't seen a thread as hillarious as this one in a long time.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:13:26 PM EDT
[#9]
This thread has got me ROTFL
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
If you encase your gun entirely in cement and bury it 20 feet underground...

or you could try this:

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Holy Sheite.. that was some funny stuff.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Why go through all that trouble? Nobody noticed? All you need to open that lock is a handcuff key!!!
 That was the FIRST thing I thought of!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:57:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you encase your gun entirely in cement and bury it 20 feet underground...

or you could try this:

home.comcast.net/~c_williams/images/vault.jpg

You must have a BIG collection!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#15]
lol thanks guys i needed a good laugh
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Fir studs aren't that solid...I think a Full power shot would take it off the wall
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Fir studs aren't that solid...I think a Full power shot would take it off the wall

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#18]
I HAVENT LAUGHED SO HARD IN SUCH A LONG TIME. YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!  SHIT, I PISSED IN MY PANTS LAUGHING...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:38:54 AM EDT
[#19]
That is funny as hell. My Captain was in tears looking at those.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:00:15 AM EDT
[#20]
This has easily become my most favorite thread of 2005.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:57:21 AM EDT
[#21]
You night crew guys are too friggin much!!  I love how the ATF spray paint has the "F" backwards!!  They must have sent out the NFA branch ladies!  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:37:23 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
You night crew guys are too friggin much!!  I love how the ATF spray paint has the "F" backwards!!  They must have sent out the NFA branch ladies!  

It's backwards cause they reached in through the open hole to paint it. (think about it)
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:43:40 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y74/zaq12wsx/joke8.jpg

THE BASTARDS SHOT THE DOG!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:17:28 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
home.comcast.net/~c_williams/images/df.jpg

baaahahahahahahahaha

so true, so true

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:29:52 AM EDT
[#25]
very nice
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:11:08 AM EDT
[#27]
That is some funny shit.  Made my Monday.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:27:25 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b350/npd233/racklock.gif

1.36 MB full-sized version

That's gonna end up as an avatar.......

Probably.  Where's Brisk322?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#30]
You guys are too much!!

One thing is for sure, I'm gonna get advice on this forum before spending anywhere NEAR the time this guy did on a project. Poor guy.

I have to say, putting your weapons on display is NEVER  a good idea. Except on ARFCOM of course.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:56:38 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
they came back for the rest of it.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v475/twonami/joke7.jpg

Best laugh this month...
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Funny thread.

Just a thought,

If I went up to the gun, took off the flash hider, knocked out the pins on the FSB and took it off, pulled the entire gun out the back, re-installed the FSB and FH, and left your gun on the floor, would that piss you off?
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Funniest thing I've seen in a long time!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Good times!
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:39:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Hahahahahhahahaha!!!

Why did I wait so long to click on this?

Greatest thrread in the last 6 months, easily.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:55:41 AM EDT
[#36]
hey Reload- now ya need a metal box to bolt to the wall then put this in it ( wait thats a safe never mind)
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Funny thread.

Just a thought,

If I went up to the gun, took off the flash hider, knocked out the pins on the FSB and took it off, pulled the entire gun out the back, re-installed the FSB and FH, and left your gun on the floor, would that piss you off?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:43:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#39]
hilarious
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:12:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
... - best thread ever!

+1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:16:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... - best thread ever!

+1

+
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:28:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh boy has anyone noticed that RELOAD has not responded in three days to this great post?

I hope he did not get pissed off for us having some fun??

Uhh yea the guy that started the thread duhh you know RELOAD.

Maybe the ATF took him with the rifel. Maybe he hand cuffed himself to it also.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:00:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I think he did.

And really, this has been eatting at me for a few days now...

[RANT ON]
Some people around here take far too much pleasure in putting people down...

I'm gettin' to be an old fart now and I've found that the people who really know their stuff, not just technically but philisophically, tend to be kind and helpfull folks. It's the ones that need to prove themselves TO THEMSELVES that find it necessary to tear people down... [/RANT OFF]

As I posted before, this mount does what I wanted it to. It displays the gun while at the same time keeping kids and others from having accidents with it or walking away with a working gun.

Yes, I realize that "all it would take" is someone with a saws-all cut out the wall stud to take the gun.

Yes, I realize that "all it would take" is someone to use a wrench to unscrew the flash-hider, use a punch to remove the drift pin from the front sight, remove the front sightpost and slide out the gun...

Yes, I realize all of that...

My Grandfather had a rack full of guns in his home. There were no locks on them. When I would visit my grandparents as a boy I would look at them but, I knew not to touch them...
They were never stolen.

I'd like to be able to do the same but, times have changed. This method is the best compromise I have come up with so far.
If you have any better ideas... I'd love to hear 'em.

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:33:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Actually a good trick would be to leave an inexpensive junk or dummy rifle in that mount when you are not at home or on vacation.  Most burglers are not proffessional and only take what they can carry in their arms or what they can fit in your bundled up bedsheet then get out. Leave them fodder in the rack. Given the option a typical teenager punk or druggy will will more likely waist time getting that off the wall and running with that rather than fool with the more difficult safe IMO. Or leave an armfull of junk rifles in the corner. Again they will take what is easy and if it is all they can carry, run with them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:40:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Posted wrong place by accident.
Removed.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:56:14 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think he did.

And really, this has been eatting at me for a few days now...

[RANT ON]
Some people around here take far too much pleasure in putting people down...

I'm gettin' to be an old fart now and I've found that the people who really know their stuff, not just technically but philisophically, tend to be kind and helpfull folks. It's the ones that need to prove themselves TO THEMSELVES that find it necessary to tear people down... [/RANT OFF]

As I posted before, this mount does what I wanted it to. It displays the gun while at the same time keeping kids and others from having accidents with it or walking away with a working gun.

Yes, I realize that "all it would take" is someone with a saws-all cut out the wall stud to take the gun.

Yes, I realize that "all it would take" is someone to use a wrench to unscrew the flash-hider, use a punch to remove the drift pin from the front sight, remove the front sightpost and slide out the gun...

Yes, I realize all of that...

My Grandfather had a rack full of guns in his home. There were no locks on them. When I would visit my grandparents as a boy I would look at them but, I knew not to touch them...
They were never stolen.

I'd like to be able to do the same but, times have changed. This method is the best compromise I have come up with so far.
If you have any better ideas... I'd love to hear 'em.

Damn that’s too bad.

Reload come on man. Look we all like your design. You should not take offence we are just having some fun. We also are just sharing our thoughts to you as well.
No one wants to see your rifle get damaged or stolen by some dumbass.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:51:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Wrong site for thin skin
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#48]
' target='_new'>imageshack.us]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#49]
this is just too funny
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 3
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top