Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2023 12:11:45 AM EDT
I'm new to the AK world, and considering the purchase of a Zastava AK.  I am wondering how the optic rail, which is somehow mounted to the side of the receiver, will hold zero if removed.  My use for this rifle would be inside 100 yards, and I'll mount a red dot on it.  Additionally, I'm assuming mounting a red dot in this manner is the most accurate? (versus mounting it on the dust cover or a railed handgaurd?)....thanks for any help
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 12:44:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Mounting an optic to the side rail is still IMHO the best way to mount an optic, its what that rail was designed for. They are supposed to (intheory) return to zero, you might want to double check the first timewhen you do it.

You might have already figured this out, but the side rail on Yugo AK's is mounted at a different height, so whatever company you're looking at for mounts will probably make a Yugo specific version.
Link Posted: 1/2/2023 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm a big fan of the Midwest Industries Gen 2 Aimpoint mount. It cuts the pic rail out of the equation and brings the optic closer to the gun. linky
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#3]
RS Regulate . . . . accept no substitutes
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kmad2001:
RS Regulate . . . . accept no substitutes
View Quote

??? is this a brand? thanks!
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SixKiller:

??? is this a brand? thanks!
View Quote

Yep, but they rarely have anything in stock. You'll have to look around at their dealers and possibly watch the EE here to get what you need.

RS regulate
Link Posted: 2/3/2023 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the zastava branded mount I purchased direct
With a eotech
I remove it and remount it every cleaning after the range and it's always on point
Link Posted: 3/23/2023 2:13:11 PM EDT
[#7]
side rails generally hold zero.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Have had great experience so far with AK Master on my M70.  The mount seems crazy solid...good match for an AK:

https://akmastermount.com/product/ak-master-mount-optic-mount/

https://www.primaryarms.com/ak-master-mount-optic-mount-yugo

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top