Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/21/2022 1:41:41 PM EDT

Had read of a few issues with Serb rifles like poor rivets, improper heat treated carriers, cracking rear receivers as well as egging of the pin holes.  Anything to this or if there was has it been resolved with the current batch of Serb ZPAP70 rifles?  Isolated if real?
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 3:14:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I've only heard good things about them. I bought one after watching Rob Ski put one through 5k rounds or so. He seems unbiased to me. I've been happy with mine but only have about 1k through it. Pretty accurate and none of the issues you've mentioned. Mine is the newer Zastava USA M70 with chrome lined barrel. I can't speak for the older ones.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I own several. I think most of that was pre ZPAP series when the Serbian factory was rebuilding after the bombing of the factory and had to rebuild the factory and pretty much start from the ground up. Then people go and do things like install trigger groups that aren't compatible with the trigger nut rivet and it breaks the carrier. Im full satisfied with all of mine and Ive owned Mitchells and the newest ZPAPS are every bit as good or better.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 8:55:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you.  If you don’t closely follow the various makers of M70s it can be confusing what pros/cons each offering had.  These new ones do indeed look very interesting and they do seem to have the bugs worked out.
Link Posted: 10/26/2022 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Never heard anything like that before, mine is built like a tank, I really like it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Super happy with my ZPAP "Serbian Red" I got from Buds awhile back, no issues whatsoever
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top