Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2023 4:46:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnidelyWhiplash]
Finally had a chance to get a new ZPAP M70 to the range yesterday. Thought there might be a problem with the trigger; This trigger has a pretty normal AK length pull but zero “wall”…. I mean zero. There’s no way to tell when the trigger will break and the rifle will fire.

I found the following video on YouTube and these guys describe my rifle’s trigger exactly at 6:30 min …
Just Panic Bought A ZPAP. Was It Worth It?

I guess this very light trigger feel with no wall is normal for the ZPAP M70 rifles?
Owners of a ZPAP M70, is your trigger like this?
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Having once had a Romy SAR-1, it's damn near a match trigger compared to that. Lol
Link Posted: 10/1/2023 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Same, was weird at first.

I put an ALG trigger in it.

It's just apples and oranges compared to a good AR triggers
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 4:34:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Ugh. I guess this is normal. My other AK’s have triggers that are light but this is on another level. I wanted to use this rifle in a general purpose - home defense type role but with this trigger I’m not sure if that’s really appropriate.
Link Posted: 10/9/2023 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#4]
+1 for ALG
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:03:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SnidelyWhiplash] [#5]
I sent an email to Zastava USA asking about the trigger. Their response:

“The factory trigger should have even travel throughout and a clean break. It shouldn't have a perceivable wall as there will be no weight of pull difference between the start and finish of the triggers cycle like there would be in a 2-stage trigger.”

I’m really grateful they took the time to reply and explain how the standard M70 trigger should feel.
Link Posted: 10/10/2023 8:24:07 PM EDT
[#6]
My trigger is the same and I love it,
Link Posted: 10/13/2023 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#7]
+2 for ALG.

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top