Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 9:46:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nf9648] [#1]

Originally Posted By CDNgunplumber:
I still remember most of my serbo-croat swear words if anyone needs them

My spelling probably isnt correct, but I was told by a interpreter that "pushe mi kudatz" was a good phrase for scoring chicks.  Only other words I can remember off hand (that arent vulgar) was stima for whats up, dobro dan was good morning, and stali ili putsm was stop or Ill shoot.  Anybody got closeup pics of a new M92 before it gets cut up so that I can duplicate all the markings on my kit reciever?
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By nf9648:

My spelling probably isnt correct, but I was told by a interpreter that "pushe mi kudatz" was a good phrase for scoring chicks.  Only other words I can remember off hand (that arent vulgar) was stima for whats up, dobro dan was good morning, and stali ili putsm was stop or Ill shoot.  Anybody got closeup pics of a new M92 before it gets cut up so that I can duplicate all the markings on my kit reciever?

pushe kurec pushi mi kuretz phoenetically literally means "smoke my ****" - it means suck my ****

dobar dan

how's about this -ORUZJE DOLJE!
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 12:03:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By OODA_Loop:

pushe kurec pushi mi kuretz phoenetically literally means "smoke my ****" - it means suck my ****

dobar dan

Put your weapon down!
Link Posted: 10/29/2005 12:04:50 AM EDT
[#4]
After reading this thread I had to go watch that Owen Wilson movie again where he gets shot down in Bosnia and the guy in the Adidas suit tries to kill him.  What rifle did the sniper have anyways?
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 1:37:36 AM EDT
[#5]

After reading this thread I had to go watch that Owen Wilson movie again where he gets shot down in Bosnia and the guy in the Adidas suit tries to kill him.  What rifle did the sniper have anyways?

i have that sitting right next to me! but i've already watched it one too many times (i think the first was one too many...)

duno about the rifle, some bolt action though....sure wasn't a dragunov
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 2:15:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Mauser SP66 ?
Link Posted: 10/30/2005 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Found it, it was a Sig SSG3000, pricey but a good deal if you want a turn-key rifle from the box and not something that needs custom shop work.
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 9:41:13 AM EDT
[#8]
My kit has (BEBA) carved on it amongst others. Any clues?
Link Posted: 11/1/2005 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Originally Posted By samadams:
My kit has (BEBA) carved on it amongst others. Any clues?

BEBA means  "baby"   prolly, my baby.

Link Posted: 11/1/2005 12:34:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StariVojnik] [#10]

dobar dan

Your interpreter was trying to get the shit smacked out of you.   You dont say "Pushi moj Kurac" to a woman unless she's some lowlife hooker.  Any normal Serb-Croat-Bosnian woman would smack you on the spot for saying that to them.  Its very degrading.

Stop or ill shoot is  " Stani ili putsam ! "

To insult a Serbian, tell them...."Jebem ti majku u shajkachu"  Make sure they have no weapon on hand when you say that.
Link Posted: 11/2/2005 1:02:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By StariVojnik:

dobar dan

Your interpreter was trying to get the shit smacked out of you.   You dont say "Pushi moj Kurac" to a woman unless she's some lowlife hooker.  Any normal Serb-Croat-Bosnian woman would smack you on the spot for saying that to them.  Its very degrading.

Stop or ill shoot is  " Stani ili putsam ! "

To insult a Serbian, tell them...."Jebem ti majku u shajkachu"  Make sure they have no weapon on hand when you say that.

"Stani ili putsam!" sounds more correct, its been a couple years for me.  I knew the interpreter was joking when he told me to say that, because he told me what it meant afterwards.   I never did hear the serb one before, but did get a few run-ins taking wrong turns.  They get pissed when they think youre there for a arms inspection only to find out youre lost...
Link Posted: 11/3/2005 6:10:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Hello to all....

I read the simular post, but mine is a little diffrent... the forearm carving on  on my Yugo Underfolder says:

BOD  CMPTU

Anyone?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/5/2005 1:20:23 AM EDT
[#13]
I got two kits today one says  CEFA and the other BEANGOF the n is backwards the G looked more like a 6

Can you help me with translation ??

Thanks
Ed
Link Posted: 11/14/2005 6:30:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Redotsnifer] [#14]
...no answers to my last post (above) yet. Guess everybody is busy building their new kits. Of which, minutes ago I just got my Yugo rcvr in. She's a real bute!!!

Roger
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 8:41:52 PM EDT
[#15]

Originally Posted By Redotsnifer:
Hello to all....

I read the simular post, but mine is a little diffrent... the forearm carving on  on my Yugo Underfolder says:

BOD  CMPTU

Anyone?

Thanks!

It sounds like "death squad".
Link Posted: 11/22/2005 8:44:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ViperChief] [#16]

Originally Posted By Shotgun1897:
I got two kits today one says  CEFA and the other BEANGOF the n is backwards the G looked more like a 6

Can you help me with translation ??

Thanks
Ed

First word might be a name or a nickname. Second isn't making any sense. Backwards N is actually "I". G probably is 6. Still it isn't making sense.

Edit: can you post a picture?
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 4:41:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fred_ex] [#17]
May be of some interest here.....

Link Posted: 11/26/2005 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/26/2005 11:22:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Originally Posted By fred_ex:

www.fototime.com/39535F236F1F5D5/standard.jpg

www.fototime.com/7E3AFCD24A49ADE/standard.jpg

Yah, that is cool! The three cyrillic letters on the handguards are "SDS", Serbian nationalist party.

Link Posted: 11/27/2005 7:39:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Going by the markings we've seen thus far,is there any way to specify which units these AKs came from?
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 11:37:09 PM EDT
[#21]
i got my kit today and there is a cross with some words around it if i email someone the pics can they post them and tell me what it means ......thanks
Link Posted: 11/29/2005 11:43:42 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By fred_ex:

www.fototime.com/39535F236F1F5D5/standard.jpg

www.fototime.com/7E3AFCD24A49ADE/standard.jpg

me likey!! what does the snake represent??
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 1:08:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 11/30/2005 5:03:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ViperChief] [#24]
The first picture (with the cross) loosely translated means "for the holy cross and the golden freedom". Yeah it must be a serbian expression. I've spent a year in Bosnia, near Croats and Muslims, and I haven't heard anyone talk like that.

The second picture (handguard) simply says "S 70". Could it be a unit name?

The third are probably initials. MN?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 9:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ozzy_the_nuke] [#25]
Can anyone take a shot at these?

What I think I can make out is:
ALEKSANDER (common name)
PEACE SIGN
LUJO (common name)
SLAVISA (common name)
RUCKY
EURO (or is it something else?)

Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:39:16 PM EDT
[#26]
Can you help with this SKS carving? If the soldier carved it upside-down, then it's something like "macrina":

If it helps, it also has this on the stock:
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:05:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LV03TJ] [#27]
I just picked up this sks yesterday and it has a carving of Jesus and 3 crosses on one side and letters on the other. The letters are: 4NB4NJA (the N's are backwards). Your input is greatly apreciated.
http://img305.imageshack.us/img305/7462/1001033a9jo.th.jpg
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/4262/1001039a5fj.th.jpg
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 2:51:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Guys,
I got one i'd like to post here but can't firgure out how to post images. Can someone guide me?
Don
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:43:39 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By dodge15:
Guys,
I got one i'd like to post here but can't firgure out how to post images. Can someone guide me?
Don

Try this site for a free picture hosting account:

www.picturetrail.com/

Once you have your pictures uploaded, you can right-click the hosted (and resized) photo, choose properties, copy the entire photo URL, then use the button that looks like a landscape picture. Paste the URL then preview your post to make sure it shows up.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:08:48 PM EDT
[#30]
http://pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL1013/4242047/8899749/t-122428046.jpgGuys,
   Got this a few days ago. It's on a yugo underfolder. Upper handguard has this crest with what I think are the letters GPC on the lower banner and either G or 6 carved in to the right side of the lower handguard. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Don

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 6:25:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 11:08:43 PM EDT
[#32]

I just picked up this sks yesterday and it has a carving of Jesus and 3 crosses on one side and letters on the other. The letters are: 4NB4NJA (the N's are backwards). Your input is greatly apreciated.

It sure sounds like a girl's name to me........in my mind it says, "4 Ivinya"
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 11:10:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Reptilex72] [#33]
Could someone possibly help me to figure out which side used my rifle in the war ? The only thing carved on it was this in the lower handguard of my M70 AB2 kit. I tried to get a good pic of it. I am guessing it is someones initials.
The carving beside it is a grid with one backward "c" and a normal "c" right beside it. I can't really make out what is in the top squares of the grid.

Am I guessing right in thinking that this is someones initials and I am also thinking the croatians had my rifle ?
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:24:34 AM EDT
[#34]
I have a yugo AK from centerfire systems with the letters HANAHEHA BPC or HANANENA BPC carved in the stock along with an "upside down" cross towards the middle of the stock. The cross looks upside down if the rifle is standing upright as if though leaning up against a wall or something. It also has POMO(backwards E and backwards N) EUtHE   thats POMOEN EUtHE on the front handguard and has a cross inside a shield with 4 halfmoons facing towards the cross
Any ideas as to what these markings mean??

Thanks In advance.
Daniel
HW_GUY
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#35]
I guess noone is translating anymore
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Give it a little time.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:24:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Originally Posted By dodge15:
pic2.picturetrail.com/VOL1013/4242047/8899749/122428046.jpg

Let's try this.

Yeah, thats the Serbian Crest.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Carved into the lower foregrip of my M-70...

"PRAE"
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:59:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNAR15] [#39]
Anyone know what this says? Sorry for the bad pic best I could manage.

Its also got the same last word carved on the back, but the Upside Down (L) is replaced with a 4 or U? Have another kit with handguards that say SAVA?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Sava = St. Sava, founder of the Serbian Orthodox Church (autocephalic, meaning it has its own leader). Also a Danube tributary. Serbian owned rifle.

Sorry I have been bad at this, I will try to crank thru the backlog here this week.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#41]
"S vjerom u Boga" - With faith in God. The owner of this rifle was probably a Bosnian Serb because he wrote "vjerom", and not "verom" like other Serbs do. He couldn't have been a Croat or a Bosnian because they don't use Cyrillic alphabet.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#42]
Here is some lower handguards I have. Got the 90210 sticker in the pic. Got any idea on these?

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:33:13 AM EDT
[#43]
"Jovica Đurđić" is a Serbian name.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:44:05 AM EDT
[#44]

Originally Posted By Tomovich:

It sure sounds like a girl's name to me........in my mind it says, "4 Ivinya" hr

No, it says "Čivčija" (Chivchiya). Serbian family name.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:00:17 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By Reptilex72:
Could someone possibly help me to figure out which side used my rifle in the war ? The only thing carved on it was this in the lower handguard of my M70 AB2 kit. I tried to get a good pic of it. I am guessing it is someones initials.
The carving beside it is a grid with one backward "c" and a normal "c" right beside it. I can't really make out what is in the top squares of the grid.

Am I guessing right in thinking that this is someones initials and I am also thinking the croatians had my rifle ?
www.gunco.net/gallery/data/500/medium/DSCF0754.JPG

The initials are "R.P." (most likely name), and that is a Serbian cross. Croats don't use cyrillic alphabet, and don't draw Serbian crosses on their rifles, it's a Serbian rifle.
Link Posted: 3/9/2006 7:23:18 AM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By Templar:

Originally Posted By sawgunner1283:
i got my kit today and there is a cross with some words around it if i email someone the pics can they post them and tell me what it means ......thanks

Here you go man.  Nice score!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Yugoslav%20Stuff/Sawgunnerstock1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Yugoslav%20Stuff/Sawgunnerstock2.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v613/Tim_Orrock/Yugoslav%20Stuff/Sawgunnerstock3.jpg

awesome!!!

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#47]

Originally Posted By TNAR15:
Anyone know what this says? Sorry for the bad pic best I could manage.
sellingstuff.home.mindspring.com/yugo.jpg
Its also got the same last word carved on the back, but the Upside Down (L) is replaced with a 4 or U? Have another kit with handguards that say SAVA?

Thats the Chetnik oath, "Sa verom u boga, sloboda ili smrt" which means "With faith in god, freedom or death"
Link Posted: 5/4/2006 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 5/8/2006 11:31:25 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By MrKrink:
Got my Blackwell Ind/Greenlight arms today.!!

i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/MrKrink/000_0816.jpg

What does the "U"  "R"  "J" stand for? Yugo words I mean?
Is this Safe, Semi, Auto?

You actually have it somewhat reversed. It is safe, full auto, and then semi auto. The J stands for Jeden which is one in Serbian, Bulgarian etc.
Link Posted: 6/15/2006 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#50]
My m70ab2 has "DUKA" in caps on it .......serb or croat?
Page / 5
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top